Mar10 Day 2024: Paper Mario & Luigi's Mansion get release dates + Super Mario Movie 2 in the works!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45326 Posts

It's 10th March – Mar10 Day – which means Nintendo has several Mario-flavoured treats for us, including release dates for two upcoming Mario remasters, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD.

Confirmed in the same teaser that, earlier today, revealed a second Super Mario Bros. Movie is on the way, we now know Paper Mario will release on 23rd May 2024, and Luigi's Mansion 2 will release on 27th June, 2024.

ICYMI, earlier today Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto announced that The Super Mario Bros. Movie sequel will "broaden Mario's world further" and release on 3rd April, 2026.

"I'm thrilled to be here alongside Miyamoto-san to officially announce our return to the Super Mario Bros," added Illumination's Chris Meledandri. "Our directors, Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic, and the very talented artists from Illumination Studios Paris – who brought the Mushroom Kingdom to life in The Super Mario Bros. Movie – have been busy at work, storyboarding scenes and developing set designs for new environments.

"We start animation soon, and rest assured, we'll be obsessing over every detail to get it just right."

Thoughts, SW? Are you looking forward to these games and the new movie? I've never played Paper Mario so I'd like to check it out. As for the movie, I enjoyed the original, but hopefully the next one has a more interesting plot lol.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46493 Posts

I'll be buying both of these as I love the original games they are based on.

It's so easy buying the games from all the money I save by not spending a single dime on live service or mobile games:

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44361 Posts

Happy MAR10 day!

Loved Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door so will definitely be getting the Switch version. Not surprised that they’re working on a sequel to the movie considering how the first one did. Bought the blu-ray when it came out but still have yet to watch it. Today seems like the perfect day to do so.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

Good news overall. Hopefully the next Mario movie is better.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#5 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7224 Posts

Can't wait for the next movie, that was one of the best video game adaptations ive ever seen.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6435 Posts

Meh, just more overrated Mario games.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic

@last_lap said:

you should watch out; the Nintendo fans are fierce

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k

They should bring Uwe Boll in to make the next movie even better.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic: Middle aged balding men that fight for Mario's honour is scary lol.

But Mario has been in like a 1,000 games, and always get a free pass, any other dev makes 3 or 4 games in the same series is accused of milking said franchise, they have no new ideas, same mechanics, same characters and so on, and yet Nintend/Mario gets a free pass from gamers, reviewers etc.

Nintendo fandom is weird af.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:

He ain't wrong. I do like Mario but I however prefer Sonic games & movies/TV shows (Knuckles) than Mario. I'm not even all that interested in the Mario movie sequel.

But I am looking forward to replaying Luigi's Mansion 2 as I'm still replaying Luigi's Mansion 3.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Last_Lap

@davillain: I will always be a Sega/Sonic fan. I can handle a bit of heat from the sheep.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7224 Posts

@last_lap said:

@SolidGame_basic: Middle aged balding men that fight for Mario's honour is scary lol.

But Mario has been in like a 1,000 games, and always get a free pass, any other dev makes 3 or 4 games in the same series is accused of milking said franchise, they have no new ideas, same mechanics, same characters and so on, and yet Nintend/Mario gets a free pass from gamers, reviewers etc.

Nintendo fandom is weird af.

It been well documented that Nintendo fans are among the youngest and that Sony fans are among the oldest gamers. Which makes sense considering Sony games basically play themselves, them old timers can barely move much less press a bunch of buttons all the time.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Last_Lap

@mesome713: Show me where children fight for Mario's honour and I will show you YT channels devoted to Mario/Nintendo by grown men who defend them all the time, but you already know this. Every device has its fandom, its just that some are worse than others.

All devices have children through to old people, it's called a gaming community.

I get that Nintendo only make games for children, but there is still a shit ton of middle aged men who still play Mario, this forum has plenty of them.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@davillain said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:

He ain't wrong. I do like Mario but I however prefer Sonic games & movies/TV shows (Knuckles) than Mario. I'm not even all that interested in the Mario movie sequel.

But I am looking forward to replaying Luigi's Mansion 2 as I'm still replaying Luigi's Mansion 3.

I thought Super Mario Wonder was pretty good. Most refreshing Mario I played in a long time.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

I thought Super Mario Wonder was pretty good. Most refreshing Mario I played in a long time.

Nah, it had no new ideas, no new mechanics. It just got a free pass for being Mario and is only for children. Just ask last_lap, dude knows what's up.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Last_Lap

@Litchie said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Nah, it had no new ideas, no new mechanics. It just got a free pass for being Mario and is only for children. Just ask last_lap, dude knows what's up.

I see you're one of those middled age man who defends Mario/Nintendo just because.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Litchie
@last_lap said:
@Litchie said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I see you're one of those middled age man who defends Mario/Nintendo just because.

I see you're one of those "middled age man" who think people must agree with you or they're "defending Nintendo just because".

You're so right dude. Mario never innovates. We're so lucky we got Remnant 2 at least, which was simply packed with new ideas and mechanics.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Last_Lap

@Litchie said:
@last_lap said:
@Litchie said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I see you're one of those "middled age man" who think people must agree with you or they're "defending Nintendo just because".

You're so right dude. Mario never innovates. We're so lucky we got Remnant 2 at least, which was simply packed with new ideas and mechanics.

LOL you're taking this too heart, it doesn't bother me what you think of Remnant 2 its mechanics or whatever. You're just doing exactly like I said middle aged Nintendo fans do.

Mario is the most whored out overrated character of all time.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Litchie

@last_lap said:
@Litchie said:
@last_lap said:
@Litchie said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

LOL you're taking this too heart, it doesn't bother me what you think of Remnant 2 its mechanics or whatever. You're just doing exactly like I said middle aged Nintendo fans do.

last_lap:
Nintendo sucks.

Reply:
No, they don't.

last_lap:
Stop defending Nintendo, you middle aged manchild. Look, they're doing exactly as I said!

fucking lol dude.

Complaining about Mario not doing anything new, but then praises Remnant and racing games. lol again. Quick, randomly finish the post with Mario being the most "whored out" character of all time! lol x3. Why are you so emotional about Nintendo all the time?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8445 Posts

*Middle aged balding man calls Mario fans Middle aged balding men defending a children's IP*

*Middle aged balding man says he likes Sonic the Hedgehog, a children's IP, under the same breath*

Lol

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Willy105

@jaydan: Not to mention being in a forum whose *only* demographic are middle aged balding men.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Litchie

Kid games are cool if they're on SEGA.
Innovation is very important, if you're not Remnant.
Racing games are totally not samey.
A man's manliness is defined by the toys he plays with.

With some more words of wisdom from this dude I can write a bible.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@Willy105 said:

@jaydan: Not to mention being in a forum whose *only* demographic are middle aged balding men.

hey dude, I'm not balding. I have that head and shoulders hair from the ads, yes, of the female variety :p

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

I suppose some fun for the lil tykes around the home if you got'em...

lol :P

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Willy105

@R4gn4r0k: Fair.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Just a heads up for those of you interested...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/lego-unveils-three-big-super-mario-sets-coming-in-august/ar-BB1jHiSu?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=fb6a3de36a3648818aed07abc0265e72&ei=17

Lego unveils three big Super Mario sets coming in August

lol :P

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44631 Posts

I never finished the first Switch Luigi's Mansion but seeing new one coming might get me to finish it finally.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Last_Lap

@Litchie said:
@last_lap said:
@Litchie said:
@last_lap said:
@Litchie said:

last_lap:

Nintendo sucks.

Reply:

No, they don't.

last_lap:

Stop defending Nintendo, you middle aged manchild. Look, they're doing exactly as I said!

fucking lol dude.

Complaining about Mario not doing anything new, but then praises Remnant and racing games. lol again. Quick, randomly finish the post with Mario being the most "whored out" character of all time! lol x3. Why are you so emotional about Nintendo all the time?

LOL, I haven't mentioned racing games or Remnant, that's all you because I attacked your precious Mario/Nintendo. You can attack games I like all you want it doesn't bother me.

It doesn't change what I said about Nintendo., it just riles up the sheep.

@jaydan said:

*Middle aged balding man calls Mario fans Middle aged balding men defending a children's IP*

*Middle aged balding man says he likes Sonic the Hedgehog, a children's IP, under the same breath*

Lol

I'm not balding, I have a full head of hair, and I said Sega/Sonic as a comparison to Nintendo/Mario. Besides the difference between Sega & Nintendo is that Sega can make games for an adult audience, Nintendo are stuck making games for children.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jaydan

@last_lap: I'm glad we're on the same page, because honestly Sonic is a terrible franchise and completely inept in the 3D space.

Like honestly the only people that should be playing Sonic are little kids with attention deficit disorders.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Last_Lap

@jaydan: Um you seem to have gotten my post crossed. Nintendo are incapable of making games for adults. So it's Nintendo who are going after the audience you mentioned.

Nintendo have relied on children for its entire existence. Gotta give it to Nintendo though, they know their audience very well.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jaydan

@last_lap: Is Nintendo incapable, or is that just not their focus? Nintendo's focus is on family entertainment. There's quite a difference between the two.

But yeah, Sonic lol. It's like Mario's alcoholic stepbrother.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Last_Lap

@jaydan: Now, now, don't be one of those middle-aged men I was talking about. The average age of a gamer is nearly 30 years old.

And with Nintendo still doing kids' games or "family entertainment" as you call it lol, yes they are incapable of adding an adult story/content in its games, and no Mario having blue balls because Peach is always in a other castle is not the adult content I'm talking about lol.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jaydan

@last_lap: Bro, all I'm saying is I never met an adult Sonic fan and them not being a drug addict that gets their daily nutritional needs from Mtn Dew Baja Blast. Just saying. If you like Sonic at the age of 50, I'm concerned for you lol.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Last_Lap

@jaydan: So what you're saying is every adult Sonic fan is a drug addict and that you hang out with drug addicted people, and you're concerned for me 🤣

Maybe if Nintendo made games for grown ups you could possibly understand the irony in your post 🤣🤣🤣

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jaydan

@last_lap: Yes bro, that is exactly what I'm saying.

I never met an adult Sonic fan and not look like this.

It's pretty sad, honestly. But I also understand, it's the only way you can tolerate a 3D Sonic game. Gotta go fast they say.

I legitimately cannot tell if I'm talking to IP_Daily right now or if it's the drugs that are doing the talking.

All I gotta say is seek help dude, before you're gone completely. Ditch Sonic while you can.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Last_Lap

@jaydan: LOL. It's funny how you associate drugs with Sonic when its correlates with Mario and his magic mushrooms, so maybe it's you doing the drugs and thinking its others. You might wanna check that out mate.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jaydan

@last_lap: Nah man, that is a false equivalence you are making there. You are correlating fiction, and I'm talking about the reality that adult Sonic fans are drug addicts. I'm talking about reality here.

Look I get it: Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the worst platformer IP's ever made. There's literally no other way to possibly enjoy this franchise at the age of 50 without being ridiculously high on drugs.

Again, I'm just concerned for you. It's really difficult to tell online if it's IP_Daily talking or if it's the drugs that have taken hold of your state of mind. I'm just legitimately concerned for you.

I've seen the Sonic effect one too many times, and I just don't want to see the same happen to you.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Last_Lap

@jaydan: ^ talk about false equivalences, you're making a lot right there. I mean you say you hang around with drug addicts so they wouldn't be playing Sonic they would be playing Mario with you. Time to wake up Jayden and get off those shrooms mate.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jaydan

@last_lap: What's this? A balding middle aged man defending Sonic? Lol really not my fault you adult Sonic fans are on drugs.

I'm glad you can detect irony, as it is intentional on my part; however, your lack of self-awareness over such irony is insufferable.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Last_Lap

@jaydan: Defending? Nah that's you mate, you've been trying hard all this thread to get me to defend Sonic (A for effort, but F for failure) but I don't need to because I'm not emotional over the character like you guys are who get sad whenever someone says anything negative about Nintendo/Mario.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jaydan

@last_lap: I don't care that much about Mario, lol. Just another day of shitposting.

It's just that, making visual generalizations over people you will never see or know online, is quite silly.

But yeah, enjoy your drugs man. Gotta go fast, like they say.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39418 Posts

I made Last_Lap in dragon's dogma 2, so you're arguing with this. Never forget that.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jaydan

@hardwenzen said:

I made Last_Lap in dragon's dogma 2, so you're arguing with this. Never forget that.

Damn, those drugs have done a number on our beloved IP_Daily. He is unrecognizable.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Last_Lap

@jaydan: @hardwenzen: Well there you go, I've united wenzen and jay, no bigger miracle has ever happened on SW 🤣

You 2 stay beasties now 😁

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39418 Posts

@last_lap said:

@jaydan: @hardwenzen: Well there you go, I've united wenzen and jay, no bigger miracle has ever happened on SW 🤣

You 2 stay beasties now 😁

You're just mad cuz i cought you in 4K, and posted a pic on SW.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: You cought me?

Hey I have brought you 2 guys together, Jayden was calling for you to leave a year ago, and now I've united you 2. I just bring people together.

You're welcome 👍

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jaydan

@last_lap: You're just mad because this is what you actually look like in real life.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Last_Lap

@jaydan: Ka-ching lol.