Microsoft clear winner in video game space this Black Friday!

• 68 results
KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

Xbox Series X most in-demand hardware according to analysts at Webush

https://www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/news/1034374/microsoft-clear-winner-in-video-game-space-this-black-friday-with-x-box-series-x-most-in-demand-hardware-1034374.html

Black Friday 2023 in the video game space differed from previous years as there was ample inventory of high-end consoles from Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Sony Group Corp (NYSE:SONY), according to analysts at Wedbush.

They also pointed to greater variety, with more bundle options for the current generation of consoles than they have seen since before the 2020 refresh, and an underwhelming software slate that lacked a clear leader.

The analysts wrote in a note to clients that the Xbox Series X most in-demand piece of hardware over Black Friday,which they attributed to $50 in savings at a sale price of $499.99 and $120 in savings when including Diablo IV.

“Microsoft was the clear winner on a combination of availability, discounting and Diablo IV,” they wrote.

The PlayStation 5 bundles had the standard starting price of $499.99 and included either Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III as free pack-ins, with the latter game’s poor reviews likely contributing to softer sales for the bundle, they wrote.

“Nintendo appeared to have a quieter Black Friday than we had expected, despite branching out beyond its customary Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Bundle, which could conceivably compel the company to revisit hardware pricing at some point,” they wrote.

What say you fellow SW friends! Are you surprised that the Xbox Series X was in the most demand over the holidays? It looks like they ran with a few bundles this year, including with Modern Warfare 3. Did you pick up an Xbox for your kids?

Xbox must be picking up steam after having like 10 first party games released this year, and 2024 doesn't seem to be slowing down.

What a great holiday to be a gamer!

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@kvallyx: This is not going to sit well with the cows. I can already here the caveats and excuses by @SolidGame_basic, @hardwenzen, @daredevils2k, and @randy_lahey...

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KvallyX

@dabear said:

@kvallyx: This is not going to sit well with the cows. I can already here the caveats and excuses by @SolidGame_basic, @hardwenzen, @daredevils2k, and @randy_lahey...

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1410 Posts

🐄AVOID🚫🐃AVOID🚫🐂AVOID🚫

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39700 Posts

What is this "most in demand" or "X amount of players have played the game" bs that we've been hearing from the green side? WHAT ARE THE SALES? WHAT ARE THE NUMBERS? If you don't have em, those claims are nothing but fluff.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

Most in-demand according to "analysts"... won't translate to actual sales 🤣🤣🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KvallyX
@dabear said:

@kvallyx: This is not going to sit well with the cows. I can already here the caveats and excuses by @SolidGame_basic, @hardwenzen, @daredevils2k, @BenjaminBanklin and @randy_lahey...

You reeled in 2 of 6 so far!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Most in-demand according to "analysts"... won't translate to actual sales 🤣🤣🤣

True, thus SONY, current gen champion, wins again.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenjaminBanklin

@Heil68 said:

True, thus SONY, current gen champion, wins again.

They forgot to mention the analyst was Aaron Greenberg 🤣🤣🤣🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KvallyX

lol, now Wedbush Securities doesn't count this week.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68

So since SONY won again for like the 12th time in a row, should we just call it day of SONY DOMINATION?

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1215 Posts

@kvallyx said:

https://www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/news/1034374/microsoft-clear-winner-in-video-game-space-this-black-friday-with-x-box-series-x-most-in-demand-hardware-1034374.html

Black Friday 2023 in the video game space differed from previous years as there was ample inventory of high-end consoles from Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Sony Group Corp (NYSE:SONY), according to analysts at Wedbush.

They also pointed to greater variety, with more bundle options for the current generation of consoles than they have seen since before the 2020 refresh, and an underwhelming software slate that lacked a clear leader.

The analysts wrote in a note to clients that the Xbox Series X most in-demand piece of hardware over Black Friday,which they attributed to $50 in savings at a sale price of $499.99 and $120 in savings when including Diablo IV.

“Microsoft was the clear winner on a combination of availability, discounting and Diablo IV,” they wrote.

The PlayStation 5 bundles had the standard starting price of $499.99 and included either Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III as free pack-ins, with the latter game’s poor reviews likely contributing to softer sales for the bundle, they wrote.

“Nintendo appeared to have a quieter Black Friday than we had expected, despite branching out beyond its customary Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Bundle, which could conceivably compel the company to revisit hardware pricing at some point,” they wrote.

What say you fellow SW friends! Are you surprised that the Xbox Series X was in the most demand over the holidays? It looks like they ran with a few bundles this year, including with Modern Warfare 3. Did you pick up an Xbox for your kids?

Xbox must be picking up steam after having like 10 first party games released this year, and 2024 doesn't seem to be slowing down.

@dabear said:

Where it says it sold the most???

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KvallyX

@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

@dabear said:

Who said it did?

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 loudheadphones

@kvallyx said:
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

@dabear said:

Who said it did?

You Xbox peeps are acting like it has won the BF. LOL

"Oh, this won't sit well with the cows"....tagging some members. Pathetic attempt. If i were you, i would keep my mouth zipped and wait till Circana results.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KvallyX

@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

Who said it did?

"Oh, this won't sit well with the cows"....tagging some members. Pathetic attempt. If i were you, i would keep my mouth zipped and wait till Circana results.

You didn't answer my question. Who said it sold the most? We will wait here.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

Most in demand lol.

Come on, now.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BenjaminBanklin

@kvallyx said:

lol, now Wedbush Securities doesn't count this week.

You know Michael Pachter works for them, right? He covers the gaming stuff, so if he's the analyst, uh yeah, this means Xbox lost big 🤣🤣🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KvallyX

Confirmed, Wedbush doesn't count this week for cows. ;)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39700 Posts

Next "ownage" from lems will be "the most googled system in the last 24h"

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 loudheadphones

@kvallyx said:
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

Who said it did?

I've said : You are acting like it sold the most. Availability = most selling, huh? And you felt the need to tag some members. Pathetic. World is laughing at you, boy.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KvallyX

@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

I've said : You are acting like it sold the most. Availability = most selling, huh? And you felt the need to tag some members. Pathetic. World is laughing at you, boy.

You need to go look at who did the tagging. And you are deflecting. Who said it sold the most on Black Friday? Why are you twisting words?

Please link us to where anyone said that Xbox sold the most on Black Friday? I have read through this thread multiple times and I don't see it. What I do see is where an analyst said Xbox was in most demand.

Can you help us out and maybe grab a screenshot of someone saying Xbox sold the most? Thanks!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chutebox

I knew when title said "video game space" it would be something stupid. 😄

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2064 Posts

Why do we allow Karens to make threads?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KvallyX

@blamix said:

Be nice to Solidbasic. He's puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else!

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dabear

@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

@dabear said:

Who said it did?

I am sorry I left you out of the "this will cause butthurt" list. Please accept my apologies, as I will try to do better next time.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Heil68
@Chutebox said:

I knew when title said "video game space" it would be something stupid. 😄

To be fair with as much bad news that is coming through for MS, even websites are grasping at straws to post something positive.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@blamix said:

Be nice to Solidbasic. He's puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else!

Savage.😂

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68

I did buy my Series S on black Friday, saving that $50 was too good to pass up..lol

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Saint-George

xbox has more games,more studio's,more potential customers and now make more gaming revenue than Sony...and cows think they are winning because of console sales 🤣😂,the poor saps dont realise most people who buy a ps5 buy it for xbox studio's COD!

Bless

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 loudheadphones

@kvallyx said:
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

You need to go look at who did the tagging. And you are deflecting. Who said it sold the most on Black Friday? Why are you twisting words?

Please link us to where anyone said that Xbox sold the most on Black Friday? I have read through this thread multiple times and I don't see it. What I do see is where an analyst said Xbox was in most demand.

Can you help us out and maybe grab a screenshot of someone saying Xbox sold the most? Thanks!

You implied it most availability = Most sold. And tagging others. LOL Making a thread about availability of consoles. LOL

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@loudheadphones said:

You implied it most availability = Most sold. And tagging others. LOL Making a thread about availability of consoles. LOL

I'll make this easier @kvallyx. Loud, Dabear tagged those individuals. Nobody said it sold the most. Damn, just read the thread.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By loudheadphones
@lundy86_4 said:
@loudheadphones said:

I'll make this easier @kvallyx. Loud, Dabear tagged those individuals. Nobody said it sold the most. Damn, just read the thread.

Making a thread about some availability is one of the dumbest things in the universe. We know that Xbox is in mode in desperation, losing, and like its fandom, but making some thread about some availability info for some, what, searching for a win. LOL. That's hard copium.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#33 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

@loudheadphones said:

Making a thread about some availability is one of the dumbest things in the universe. We know that Xbox is in mode in desperation, losing, and like its fandom, but making some thread about some availability info for some, what, searching for a win. LOL. That's hard copium.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10554 Posts

i picked one up

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@loudheadphones said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Why are you moving the goalposts? You were wrong. Take the L and sit down.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

The Xbox fanny desperation continues as it plunges to new lows.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22971 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Next "ownage" from lems will be "the most googled system in the last 24h"

I admit, I lol'd....

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2154 Posts

Lems desperate like always.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2092 Posts

Well this thread delivered, cheers lads.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

They said that last year...

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12381 Posts

Turns out the Series X is $350 on Walmart so I can definitely see how they have the best deals etc.

Phil and team need to pump those numbers up. They've been falling behind the Xbox One. :(

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

Xbox fans, make up your mind. Does hardware sales matter or not. Geez.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Wowzerzz, Xbox firing on all cylinders....

lol :P

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dabear

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Turns out the Series X is $350 on Walmart so I can definitely see how they have the best deals etc.

Phil and team need to pump those numbers up. They've been falling behind the Xbox One. :(

The PS5 was on sale for the same price, though.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Saint-George

@Sagemode87 said:

Nope they are used to trigger cows...job done by the TC.

Xbox has millions upon millions more customers and potential customers inc every ps4/5 owner.and now make more money through gaming than Sony.

Sales are for Sony saps!

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dabear
@Sagemode87 said:

Honestly, no. But, it's fun to watch cows get triggered... so "kinda yes"

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Heil68

Since SONY won, do you think MS should team with them to get more exposure to their goods?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox

Series X 150 off at Amazon if anyone wants it.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 loudheadphones

@lundy86_4 said:
@loudheadphones said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Why are you moving the goalposts? You were wrong. Take the L and sit down.

I only see Xbox Series is taking Ls and its fandom since......launch

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

Ah, the annual “Xbox won obscure Black Friday something or other says random analyst from obscure publication” thread. This has to be the first time proactiveinvestors.com has been referenced here lol. We all know what comes next. Xbox 3rd place November NPD. They may have a shot at second place this year though. Not too sure how many more Switches can be sold.