Microsoft is the real monster.

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
First of all, if MS truly had a monopoly, the government WOULD have split it.  Did they?...no.  Second, if MS has a monopoly, it's in O/S; which has nothing to do with videogames.  How long has MS been making video game consoles again?...oh that's right...beatzfreak69
If apple became bankrupt they would most likely have split microsoft. Microsoft in order to keep the company payed off apple's debt.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
[QUOTE="Hot_Potato"][QUOTE="Skippyj9"]People are all complaining about Sony, but the fact is that any company as large as Sony or Microsoft has to stomp on many dreams and screw over many people to get that large. But what Sony has done is nothing compared to Microsoft.
Remember DOS? Well DOS was developed by SCP (Seattle Computer Products) and bought by Microsoft for $75,000 and then sold by Microsoft to IBM for $1,000,000. SCP knew that Microsoft planned on re-selling DOS, but had no idea that they would be re-selling to a large company, let alone a company as large as IBM. SCP took Microsoft to court and Microsoft ended up having to pay SCP another $1,000,000.
Microsoft has been fined a total of 497 million euros by the EU. Initially, Microsoft was fined 300 million euros and then another 1.5 million each day for six months. This was over Microsoft breaking anti-trust laws by bundling Windows Media Player with Windows, an attempt to control the audio market.
Microsoft has even ripped off Sony. They cracked Sony’s Soundstage to produce sound files to use for Windows Media Player, an intellectual property violation.
The United States has even taken Microsoft to court for bundling Internet Explorer with Windows, a problem that still exists today. This case was mostly during the Clinton administration. The charges were that Microsoft was abusing their monopoly of the operating system market to monopolize the internet browser market. The Clinton administration was close to forcing Microsoft to split into two companies, one for Internet Explorer and one for Windows to solve the problem, but then Clinton’s second term ended and Bush came into office. Bush quickly closed the case, not wishing to split the company up. Several forbidden however.
Microsoft has a inside slogan, "Embrace, extend and extinguish" for their monopolistic ways. The slogan has become under fire from the United States and European Union.
I would not be surprised if Microsoft began offering free 360s with purchases of Vista. I for one do not wish for Microsoft’s anti-competition ways to enter the game industry. Because all Microsoft would have to do is offer a free 360 with the purchase of Windows and they could quickly gain control of the gaming market. Sure this would be illegal, but as you see, the illegality of Microsoft’s anti-competition ways have not stopped them before.

Bill Gates donated 32,000,000,000 to charity. Sony placed viruses in their software, and all MS did was put a web browser in their product. I think MS is still better.

and disallow software companies from making Products for other OS's and Hardware. MS was found guilty for violating anti-trust laws and forced to change their entire company because of it.
texasfight54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#103 texasfight54
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts
[QUOTE="Skippyj9"]People are all complaining about Sony, but the fact is that any company as large as Sony or Microsoft has to stomp on many dreams and screw over many people to get that large. But what Sony has done is nothing compared to Microsoft.
Remember DOS? Well DOS was developed by SCP (Seattle Computer Products) and bought by Microsoft for $75,000 and then sold by Microsoft to IBM for $1,000,000. SCP knew that Microsoft planned on re-selling DOS, but had no idea that they would be re-selling to a large company, let alone a company as large as IBM. SCP took Microsoft to court and Microsoft ended up having to pay SCP another $1,000,000.
Microsoft has been fined a total of 497 million euros by the EU. Initially, Microsoft was fined 300 million euros and then another 1.5 million each day for six months. This was over Microsoft breaking anti-trust laws by bundling Windows Media Player with Windows, an attempt to control the audio market.
Microsoft has even ripped off Sony. They cracked Sony’s Soundstage to produce sound files to use for Windows Media Player, an intellectual property violation.
The United States has even taken Microsoft to court for bundling Internet Explorer with Windows, a problem that still exists today. This case was mostly during the Clinton administration. The charges were that Microsoft was abusing their monopoly of the operating system market to monopolize the internet browser market. The Clinton administration was close to forcing Microsoft to split into two companies, one for Internet Explorer and one for Windows to solve the problem, but then Clinton’s second term ended and Bush came into office. Bush quickly closed the case, not wishing to split the company up. Several forbidden however.
Microsoft has a inside slogan, "Embrace, extend and extinguish" for their monopolistic ways. The slogan has become under fire from the United States and European Union.
I would not be surprised if Microsoft began offering free 360s with purchases of Vista. I for one do not wish for Microsoft’s anti-competition ways to enter the game industry. Because all Microsoft would have to do is offer a free 360 with the purchase of Windows and they could quickly gain control of the gaming market. Sure this would be illegal, but as you see, the illegality of Microsoft’s anti-competition ways have not stopped them before.

Sony has been brought to court to you know. Every company is greedy. If you say ANYTHING about them all not being greedy, you are mental and should go to rehab. Ninty is probably the LEAST greedy. But I don't know. I dont follow ninty. Now let's see you make a post about how Sony is a monster, and ninty is a monster. They all are, you're just too big of a fanboy to recognize it.

^
Constructive critiscm, no flames.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
Business is business. The 360 and original Xbox are amazing achievements in the history of gaming. I am greatful that Microsoft invested such large sums of money and effort into video games. Without MS, we would be stuck with the Gamecube and PS2 now.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#105 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
[QUOTE="Skippyj9"]textHot_Potato
Bill Gates donated 32,000,000,000 to charity. Sony placed viruses in their software, and all MS did was put a web browser in their product. I think MS is still better.

Bill Gates isn't MS.  What he does with his opwn money is his business.  I can donate my check every week but that doesn't change that fact that the small business I work for even practices some shady business.  MS is a monopoly, monopolies are bad.  And there is a lot more than than MS bundling IE with Windows there and a lot more that isn't mentioned.

These companies don't care about you or me or even their employees.  The board members take care of each other so they can make more money.  If MS tanked tomorrow some members of the company would still have billions where as the meat and potatoes of the company wouldn't even have stock left.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Tiefster
Business is business. The 360 and original Xbox are amazing achievements in the history of gaming. I am greatful that Microsoft invested such large sums of money and effort into video games. Without MS, we would be stuck with the Gamecube and PS2 now.Berserker_2

You say that now but if Sony does something you consider wrong you cry unfair as soon as you can.  And the fact that MS has dumped billions into console gaming shows a determination that matches a dog chasing his tail.  Billions have been lost on Xbox when those billions could have made a better windows than what we have now and more windows games published by MS.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Tiefster
[QUOTE="texasfight54"][QUOTE="Skippyj9"]People are all complaining about Sony, but the fact is that any company as large as Sony or Microsoft has to stomp on many dreams and screw over many people to get that large. But what Sony has done is nothing compared to Microsoft.

Sony has been brought to court to you know. Every company is greedy. If you say ANYTHING about them all not being greedy, you are mental and should go to rehab. Ninty is probably the LEAST greedy. But I don't know. I dont follow ninty. Now let's see you make a post about how Sony is a monster, and ninty is a monster. They all are, you're just too big of a fanboy to recognize it.

^
Constructive critiscm, no flames.

TC mentions that both MS and Sony are bad when it comes to business practices.  But I guess you're too ignorant to read the whole thing.
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts
All companies are greedy, but if you rank greediness, then Microsoft comes on top among Nintendo and Sony. However, the greediest company so far is Exxon Mobil. I mean most greediest companies are from US (about 60%) anyways so the arguement about Microsoft has no point.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
the greediest companies are by far the Oil companies....But Im not gonna go into Politcs now.
SunLord592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 SunLord592
Member since 2003 • 2651 Posts
I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.cobrax25

that is true. seeing most environmental damages are also caused by coroporations to save a couple dollars, instead of going through proper disposal routines. instead they dumb it into the envirnment and they know there gonna get charged less then doing it the right way. its a win, win situation for them.
Ultimate_Peon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Ultimate_Peon
Member since 2003 • 587 Posts
It's always strange to see people try to justify one company having a monopoly by saying that other companies would do the same if they could. Somehow in the minds of a number of people here the fact that many companies engage in shady tactics makes it ok for all of them to. It doesn't seem to occur that none of them should be doing such things.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
the difference between what MS has done and what Sony has done is MS is screwing over corporations and businesses while Sony is screwing over thewir buyers and the general public.
Avatar image for deactivated-62d1b87aec423
deactivated-62d1b87aec423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#113 deactivated-62d1b87aec423
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts

/innerjockon

bro microsoft iz a beast. they are **** sav. they're like a big green pulsing monster...like the hulk but only more unstoppable. they're so unstoppable that PC fanboys and 360 console fanboys battle each other. they're that bad ass that they can be at war amongst themselves without being at war with other console fanboys. theys like da orcs in warhammer 20k- if they united they'd truly be unstoppable.

PC Guy:  iScr3w microsoft i use linux l33tpwnjooo
/endjockon

Because ALL PC games are not made for windows right? Technically PC gamers and 360ers should be on the same side. People are just retarded.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="Gamer556"]

[QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.Skippyj9

I stated that at the beginning of my post. Most large companies have screwed over many people, but people on this forum have been posting many topics about Sony and I have seen none on Microsoft's ways.

What dirty, greedy acts has Microsoft done with their gaming division? Not much at all. This is a gaming forum, not a computer software forum.

(I hate defending my topics, it leads to needless, off-topic arguments usually but...) If you read my post, in the future Microsoft could very well bundle 360s with Windows and monopolize the gaming market. And we don't want that.

And Sony could package PS3's with their TVs, and Nintendo could package DSes with their Wii's. Why don't you make a thread about that as well?

Because there's no evidence to support Nintendo or Sony would do that. Microsoft has been known to have monopolistic tendencies.

And Nintendo and Sony haven't displayed these tendencies? I fail to see your new point as all of them have treaded down the path of shady business one time or another. What stops Nintendo or Sony from bundling one of their popular, proven products with another product they are trying to promote in an effort to capitalize in other industries in which their product is in? It's not a matter of "if", it's "when". Lucky it hasn't happened in consoles yet--Oh wait: Blu-ray. My mistake.
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Zaistev_basic
You know, this thread is pointless because despite Microsoft have thier bad habbits, they can never beat what Exxon Mobil, Shell, and Chevron did to consumers and to the US Auto industry. Just check how exponential their profit were within the last 6 years due to Pres. Bush. Also, we all know that it is because of oil companies that GMC, Ford, Chrysler got screwed beaten by Toyota in worldwide sales. Also, nowadays, nobody really wants a SUV because of it's gas consumption. It changed a lot of lives.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
First of all, if MS truly had a monopoly, the government WOULD have split it.  Did they?...no.  Second, if MS has a monopoly, it's in O/S; which has nothing to do with videogames.  How long has MS been making video game consoles again?...oh that's right...beatzfreak69
they almost did. and if you know the practices of a company, you can predict what they'll do next in any market.
BlueBarad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 BlueBarad
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts
Could someone explain to me how it was a bad thing that the 360 entered the market?
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
So monsters do exist? Yeah I should have never trusted my big sister on that one............
lil_bad_boy561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 lil_bad_boy561
Member since 2005 • 97 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.solidsnakeo
yeah nintendo screwed sony over with the snes cd and now sony is seen as the bad people[/QUOTE what the hell are you talking about sony pulled out and built the POS1 so get your facts right
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Zaistev_basic
Man, I thought this thread stopped. Why is it still alive. I won't argue about MS entry to the market. SO what is they are a bad monopoly. Don't blame them because they came from the most monopolistic greedy society - USA. Sadly, I'm an american but it's true. We gave most of the charity at the same time we screwed, cheated, and killed most of the people around the world by our weapons, money and interests.