Microsoft's own Fallout 76 topped 72k players today... A huge increase... Again!

• 111 results
Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6139 Posts

@TheEroica: Oh I wasn't implying they were an alt, just someone who closed and deleted their old account and came back with this one, not an illegal alien, just an alien of sorts lol.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22724 Posts

@saint-george said:

I still haven't seen a cow thank phil for the free Fallout update that lands on PS5 on the 25th....should have charged the saps £10 just to see the outrage they don't have when Sony charges them for the same stuff..

I wont let anyone criticise you.
I wont let anyone criticise you.

A big league gamer move to offer that free update for fallout 4.... Bethesda isn't a perfect company, few are, but they nailed it on this one.... A big league move in the face of lesser developers raking gamers over the coals for nothing burger updates.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56163 Posts

@last_lap said:

@TheEroica: Oh I wasn't implying they were an alt, just someone who closed and deleted their old account and came back with this one, not an illegal alien, just an alien of sorts lol.

I mean, its becoming so rare to see anyone here that's totally new here to Gamespot/system wars. Even when we do get someone new, they don't often last long if they can't handle the banter that goes on here and just never come back.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6139 Posts

@davillain: Yeah you gotta be thick skinned to roam these halls.

No one believed me when I first joined here in 2016 that I was a totally new person because new people on here were like Unicorns, totally mythical.

It took quite a while to convince people I wasn't an alt, and all those tech words used on this site I had no idea about. I didn't ask anyone (because you don't want to look stupid) so I just Googled some and got to know what others were over time.

This person doesn't give me that feeling of someone entirely new if you know what I mean.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39024 Posts

@upd0g said:

Y'know, I was curious why I wasn't enjoying reading SW posts anymore. This experiment has helped me learn why so thank you.

There are no more genuine Cows in System Wars. That is why there are no more interesting arguments, just mockeries thereof. Just Lems dressed as Cows & Sheep doing a terrible job on purpose, hence the "Clown"s like @hardwenzen. Any possible actual counterpoints are glossed over or ignored.

Enjoy your echo chamber, I am sure you have earned it. I will follow @davillain's advice below and stick to general discussion & places that might actually respond with something interesting.

Truly an equal playing field for an argument

If any of you Lems believe otherwise, just ask yourself, has any Cow or Sheep lately offered a valid counterpoint? Held an argument in their favour instead of giving up after the first response? done anything that wasn't just a joke? And you will have your answer.

To have a real war, you need all three to be on equal footing. Nintendo isn't even competing, and everyone on here accepted them being trash with the usual "my switch has been collecting dust since X". The Xbox has no reason to exist because everything is on pc, and the ps5 has been clapping it so hard that there is zero competition between the two. Twitter is the only place you will see people still going ape shit over their consoles, and defend upscaled 720p.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22724 Posts

@davillain said:
@last_lap said:

I mean, its becoming so rare to see anyone here that's totally new here to Gamespot/system wars. Even when we do get someone new, they don't often last long if they can't handle the banter that goes on here and just never come back.

Casey was here a couple weeks ago! I thought maybe he'd stick around for a month.... Nope. Already gone.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 DaVillain  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@upd0g said:

Y'know, I was curious why I wasn't enjoying reading SW posts anymore. This experiment has helped me learn why so thank you.

There are no more genuine Cows in System Wars. That is why there are no more interesting arguments, just mockeries thereof. Just Lems dressed as Cows & Sheep doing a terrible job on purpose, hence the "Clown"s like @hardwenzen. Any possible actual counterpoints are glossed over or ignored.

Enjoy your echo chamber, I am sure you have earned it. I will follow @davillain's advice below and stick to general discussion & places that might actually respond with something interesting.

If any of you Lems believe otherwise, just ask yourself, has any Cow or Sheep lately offered a valid counterpoint? Held an argument in their favour instead of giving up after the first response? done anything that wasn't just a joke? And you will have your answer.

To have a real war, you need all three to be on equal footing. Nintendo isn't even competing, and everyone on here accepted them being trash with the usual "my switch has been collecting dust since X". The Xbox has no reason to exist because everything is on pc, and the ps5 has been clapping it so hard that there is zero competition between the two. Twitter is the only place you will see people still going ape shit over their consoles, and defend upscaled 720p.

This place isn't as fun as it used to be. Look at the threads outside of system wars, they've been there for like a week. This place would get way more traffic but we lost over 1,000 members because the big 3 are going in different directions. Nintendo bailed out of the competition, MS isn't trying as hard, and Sony just get the auto win button because of brand name is helping them out. Last-gen was the best time to be on system wars, this gen is a bust for system wars.

That said, Twitter is were the real shit starts. And there's ResetERA but that place way more wicket than it is here. I've heard the mods are not as nice as we are.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39024 Posts

@davillain said:
@hardwenzen said:
@upd0g said:

This place isn't as fun as it used to be. Look at the threads outside of system wars, they've been there for like a week. This place would get way more traffic but we lost over 1,000 members because the big 3 are going in different directions. Nintendo bailed out of the competition, MS isn't trying as hard, and Sony just get the auto win button because of brand name is helping them out. Last-gen was the best time to be on system wars, this gen is a bust for system wars.

That said, Twitter is were the real shit starts. And there's ResetERA but that place way more wicket than it is here. I've heard the mods are not as nice as we are.

This place doesn't deserve to be revived when GS does nothing to these forums. Every single gaming forum out there looks better than this shit. The 3mb limit for pictures on its own is laughable.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#109 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69603 Posts

@davillain: I wouldn't say MS isn't trying as hard. They spent billions in acquisitions. It is more like they are not playing the console wars game anymore.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro said:

@davillain: I wouldn't say MS isn't trying as hard. They spent billions in acquisitions. It is more like they are not playing the console wars game anymore.

That is true. I'm still iffy on the whole acquisitions as it still remains to be seen if it was the best MS has done or the worst. I hope MS knows what they're doing and I wish them the best of luck.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#111 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69603 Posts

@davillain said:
@Pedro said:

That is true. I'm still iffy on the whole acquisitions as it still remains to be seen if it was the best MS has done or the worst. I hope MS knows what they're doing and I wish them the best of luck.

If it is the best they have done, we are going to suffer as the consumer like they did during the 360 era. I prefer they just do well enough to keep them in check, but that is just me.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#112 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13009 Posts

@davillain said:
@hardwenzen said:
@upd0g said:

Sony has been crashing and burning. Not even releasing first party developed games anymore, reduced forecasts, gone multiplatform, and has let PSVR2 out to die.