More than twice the amount of players are playing Battlefield 2042 than Halo Infinite, Redfall and Starfield combined.

• 135 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39699 Posts

And let me remind you that BF2042 is a garbage game, so it crushing the three biggest titles from Microsoft in over a decade, that's not looking good. Oh, and BF2042 is two years old, while Starfield is one month old.

I'll be honest, this is a disaster.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

Lems got rekt!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

Oh no!

Anyway.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

Last I looked TLOU only had 700 active players, for what the bovine brigade has propped up to be the greatest game ever made (LOL, no).

You don't need to try so hardwenzen. I know your good standing with the SDF was threatened yesterday but you don't have to overcompensate for it for having a fleeting moment of sanity. I can tell there's a human being in there desperate to claw out. We're here for you.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

And let me remind you that BF2042 is a garbage game, so it crushing the three biggest titles from Microsoft in over a decade, that's not looking good. Oh, and BF2042 is two years old, while Starfield is one month old.

I'll be honest, this is a disaster.

Where are your Xbox numbers?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KvallyX

Yikes. That is 12,204 players COMBINED compared to 86,656 players in Battlefield 2. And Starfield has more than DOUBLE those numbers.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

@kvallyx: Sony's efforts to build a presence on PC is clearly a dead end

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen

Posts singleplayer games vs live service and brand new 25 years in the making game🤡

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

Hardy got a bunch of Lems just now. It’s like a strike in bowling lol

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KvallyX

@lamprey263 said:

@kvallyx: Sony's efforts to build a presence on PC is clearly a dead end

Sony is DOA. They have lost all their talent and all their focus. No games in 12 months, and games that have released this gen are flopping or nobody is playing them.

Cows are in desperation mode now.

This is THE flopic of the year.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen

wow its kinda incredible seeing almost 2k players playing gow2018, a singleplayer game from half a decade ago. This is what we call a title with an actual staying power, something MS doesn't have, nor will have in the future.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

wow its kinda incredible seeing almost 2k players playing gow2018, a singleplayer game from half a decade ago. This is what we call a title with an actual staying power, something MS doesn't have, nor will have in the future.

Can you supply us with the player counts for Starfield, Redfall and Halo Infinite for Xbox? THANKS!

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16598 Posts

@hardwenzen: lol. Bf2042 got a new dlc, that's why more people are flooding to it now. You said it the game is garbage. Once starfield gets more content, there will be spikes in numbers.

How is lords of the fallen doing?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: lol. Bf2042 got a new dlc, that's why more people are flooding to it now. You said it the game is garbage. Once starfield gets more content, there will be spikes in numbers.

How is lords of the fallen doing?

Where is the Infinite dlc's at? Have they abandoned the game from the very beginning because its a lost cause? You should be bitchin' to Microsoft for not releasing anything for their flagship title instead of hiding behind X game got a dlc lmao.

And this is how Lords of the Fallen doing😆Thanks for asking.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16598 Posts

@hardwenzen: this is true, I'm actually a bit upset about the lack of infinite support. Which is a fantastic game. Sad to see MS cut the support so early, but I think it's more an issue with the engine and not enough people out there knowing how to work with it.

What is the steam numbers for lords of the fallen?

Also most of those sales, including you who purchased it day 1, is from pre orders.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Lol at picking Battlefield as the comparison... and not any recent Sony exclusives.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KvallyX

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Can you supply us with the player counts for Starfield, Redfall and Halo Infinite for Xbox? THANKS!

@hardwenzen

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

@hardwenzen

Nobody is playing it on pc, so expect even less players on your X, the system with the lowest attention span. Its tragic.

In fact, its so bad, YOU are the one asking me how many are playing on YOUR system, instead of telling me the exact amount are playing on your system to damage control the low numbers.

OOOF.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen
@enzyme36 said:

Lol at picking Battlefield as the comparison... and not any recent Sony exclusives.

What's the problem? BF2042 is a meme of a game. Infinite is another meme of a game. Both are live serive. BF2042 has crushed Infinite, Redfall and Starfield combined, which is so laughable, i am giggling just writing this😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

@hardwenzen

Nobody is playing it on pc, so expect even less players on your X, the system with the lowest attention span. Its tragic.

In fact, its so bad, YOU are the one asking me how many are playing on YOUR system, instead of telling me the exact amount are playing on your system to damage control the low numbers.

OOOF.

"I don't know" would have been sufficient.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1410 Posts
@kvallyx said:

Yikes. That is 12,204 players COMBINED compared to 86,656 players in Battlefield 2. And Starfield has more than DOUBLE those numbers.

Cows got reked

And when you look at the all time peak figures,its brutal reading for cows.

Bless 🤣😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

@hardwenzen

OOOF.

"I don't know" would have been sufficient.

Its for you to prove how many are playing on your system, but of course you won't because the numbers are pathetic🤦‍♂️

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Wow, all Sonys games put together is less than Starfield. What an embarrassing backfire.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

@mesome713: We know Cows don’t have PCs and PC gamers don’t like movie games. PlayStation was never gonna succeed over there

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KvallyX

@ghostofgolden said:

@mesome713: We know Cows don’t have PCs

On the contrary, it's the cows that say they don't need an Xbox because they have a PC for all the Xbox games. So we know that all cows have PCs.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

@ghostofgolden: No gamers like movie games. Only Cows buy that crap.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

Yeah, what's up with the Battlefield resurgence? What are they doing right that MS failed to do with Halo?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

@mesome713: We know Cows don’t have PCs and PC gamers don’t like movie games. PlayStation was never gonna succeed over there

Has more to do with them releasing games 2-3 years after putting them on console. Hype dies down and many just play it on PS long before it comes to PC.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hardwenzen

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yeah, what's up with the Battlefield resurgence? What are they doing right that MS failed to do with Halo?

Even tho DICE is trash, its still not 343i trash. 343i doesn't understand how to create video games, let alone being in charge of MS's biggest IP.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@hardwenzen:This thread is an epic fail. Using Steam charts for things like this is 100% asinine.

Guess what? More people are playing Starfield (24 hour high) than every Sony game released on Steam (24 hour high). So is Sony an epic failure?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

Lems cant catch a break..first StarFlop now this. :(

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

If you look at the xbox most played games chart in Canada and the US at the moment battlefield 2042 is nowhere to be found while on halo infinite is hovering around the top 15. Starfield is 6th or 7th. Steam charts don't really tell the full story even though steam is a large chunk of the PC market.Also battlefied is a more PC centric franchise compared to halo.So the recovery was going to be more noticeable on PC for 2042.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

Bf2042 has been patched up a lot and plays much differently now. I'm a battlefield player but I still wouldn't play it. Too much crap in it for me. I like battlefield games from bfbc 2 to bf 5. Bf2042 is still too much off of what bf games are.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Battlefield 2042 continuously lagged behind Battlefield V and Battlefield 1 ever since it released.

BF2042 finally released its first 64 player map.

Such amazed. Much wow.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KvallyX

Another cow meltdown thread

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

@fedor said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Has more to do with them releasing games 2-3 years after putting them on console. Hype dies down and many just play it on PS long before it comes to PC.

Yeah, that's basically it. Sony's exclusives still do well when they are release for PC, but the main problem is indeed waiting 2/3 years when the hype has really died down. Sony fans do have PCs, most don't double-dip and would rather playing the game now on PS5.

Jim Ryan didn't get this and if he's that serious wanting everyone to play PS5 exclusives, he needs to release them on the same day for both PS5/PC getting the hype while it's good. (I hope Sony finds a better CEO who at least understands PC is where the money's really at.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardwenzen

@super600 said:

If you look at the xbox most played games chart in Canada and the US at the moment battlefield 2042 is nowhere to be found while on halo infinite is hovering around the top 15. Starfield is 6th or 7th. Steam charts don't really tell the full story even though steam is a large chunk of the PC market.Also battlefied is a more PC centric franchise compared to halo.So the recovery was going to be more noticeable on PC for 2042.

What are the numbers on the Xbox? Their most played game at the #1 place might only have 10k players so that list is irrelevant. Not to mention that Infinite "around the top 15" is pathetically bad.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:

What are the numbers on the Xbox? Their most played game at the #1 place might only have 10k players so that list is irrelevant. Not to mention that Infinite "around the top 15" is pathetically bad.

You do know Halo: Infinite S5 has already started right? I'm actually playing it on PC but the fact Infinite supports cross-play, its really hard to tell from the numbers if they're either from Xbox or Steam charts.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12381 Posts

Not sure why folks are bringing up PlayStation. Jim Ryan seems to be living rent free in people's heads. lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen

@davillain said:
@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:

You do know Halo: Infinite S5 has already started right? I'm actually playing it on PC but the fact Infinite supports cross-play, its really hard to tell from the numbers if they're either from Xbox or Steam charts.

That's what i've been saying, and lems been quoting me, to le me know that steam doesn't show Xbox numbers (even tho they're crossplay) for the simple fact is that the numbers are pathetically low, they're so ashamed of these 2-5k players, they simply do NOT want the steam charts including Xbox players as well.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

Some points to consider…

1. BF2042 isn’t the garbage game it was at launch. They’ve literally done everything fans told them to do. Game is legit now.

2. It’s on GamePass, EA Play, it’s constantly on sale cheap on every platform.

3. Lots of content creators have hyped up this season, lots of videos have been made about how great this season is. It’s having a resurgence.

4. It’s multiplatform.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6716 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Not sure why folks are bringing up PlayStation. Jim Ryan seems to be living rent free in people's heads. lol

You do know who the OP is right? he's a cow, and is comparing a game with MP to 2 games that are SP and co-op, and one that is the same as Battlefield in Infinite.

Xbox is constantly in your heads, it not rent free, Xbox actually owns that space now 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

You do know who the OP is right? he's a cow, and is comparing a game with MP to 2 games that are SP and co-op, and one that is the same as Battlefield in Infinite.

Xbox is constantly in your heads, it not rent free, Xbox actually owns that space now 🤣

Thank you for respecting me for once.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Last_Lap  Online

@hardwenzen: Damn you got owned big time in here, what an epic thread backfire, Starfield a SP game beats Sony's entire SP line up, ouch that's gotta sting.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Damn you got owned big time in here, what an epic thread backfire, Starfield a SP game beats Sony's entire SP line up, ouch that's gotta sting.

What Sony lineup, name me the games.🤭

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By super600  Moderator
@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:

I think fortnite and cod are being played by hundreds of thousands of people per hour on xbox. Usually their is some kind of drop off in these types of charts in terms of player counts after the top 5 or top 10 games.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap  Online

@hardwenzen: Look above for Kvallys list, totally rekt, get some of that spray and quick 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen

@super600 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:

I think fortnite and cod are being played by hundreds of thousands of people per hour on xbox.

Nono, what do you think a game like cod or fortnite has at any given time. If they're the first on the list, i want to know the average number per day. Not the total amount of people who've played, but an average amount.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Look above for Kvallys list, totally rekt, get some of that spray and quick 🤣

I want you to name them all so i could smack you after. Go on, i am waiting on you.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By super600  Moderator
@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:

I think fortnite and cod are being played by hundreds of thousands of people per hour on xbox.

Nono, what do you think a game like cod or fortnite has at any given time. If they're the first on the list, i want to know the average number per day. Not the total amount of people who've played, but an average amount.

Unless you have access to the API for those games it's unlikely you will get any official numbers. Someone awhile ago tried to parse infinite's API for population data and they got a decent estimate for the game, but they stopped after a few weeks.In the 360 era and to a lesser extent the xbox one era you used to be able to use the xbox most played chart or similar charts to estimate certain game's population using the data provided in a game. You can't do that anymore. I don't think any multiplayer game has an in game population tracker anymore.