Name a big franchise you've NEVER played.... And tell us why!

• 99 results
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22837 Posts
@CaseyWegner said:

@TheEroica: It's the real one. See my ridiculous post count? I was feeling a bit nostalgic so I poked my head into this place a couple of days ago. It's practically unrecognizable now.

We are in the death rattle.... The system wars have been diminished greatly in The traditional sense so people don't really know what to argue about anymore. It's like the bizzarro world... The exclusive is dying... Game costs are ridiculously high and the AAA scene is In crisis.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#52  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16023 Posts
@TheEroica said:
@dracula_16 said:

Assassin's Creed because it's too violent for me. I typically don't play extremely violent games. I don't make judgments on those who do play them, though. That's between them and God.

Wait... God is going to shun those who play violent video games you think?

Not necessarily. It depends on the game. I play Halo games and they are somewhat violent. I'm just not into the really mature M rated games, like Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption. When I come across a game that I want to play but it has some Mature elements, I pray about it. I always want God to give me the green light before I play something.

Diablo 4 is a game that I wanna play, but He hasn't told me whether I am or am not allowed to play it. I'm going to avoid it just in case. I'm not one of those holier than thou christians, though. I don't see myself as being greater than the people who do play violent games.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 TheEroica  Moderator

@dracula_16 said:
@TheEroica said:
@dracula_16 said:

Assassin's Creed because it's too violent for me. I typically don't play extremely violent games. I don't make judgments on those who do play them, though. That's between them and God.

Wait... God is going to shun those who play violent video games you think?

Not necessarily. It depends on the game. I play Halo games and they are somewhat violent. I'm just not into the really mature M rated games, like Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption. When I come across a game that I want to play but it has some Mature elements, I pray about it. I always want God to give me the green light before I play something.

Diablo 4 is a game that I wanna play, but He hasn't told me whether I am or am not allowed to play it. I'm going to avoid it just in case. I'm not one of those holier than thou christians, though. I don't see myself as being greater than the people who do play violent games.

How exactly is the green light given?

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By dracula_16
@TheEroica said:

How exactly is the green light given?

It's hard to describe. It's kind of like telepathy, where He speaks to me and I get vibes. Yes, I am convinced that I can hear God -- and that's something I would bet my soul upon. When I ask Him for something and He doesn't respond, I just go with what my conscience says.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

@dracula_16: What kinds of green lights do you get to indicate that you should be okay with playing certain games?

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By dracula_16
@CaseyWegner said:

@dracula_16: What kinds of green lights do you get to indicate that you should be okay with playing certain games?

As I said before, I hear the voice of God, but it's not an audible voice. It's kind of a cross between a whisper and telepathy. It's the same way I can hear jinns. They talk to me too.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TheEroica  Moderator

@dracula_16 said:
@CaseyWegner said:

As I said before, I hear the voice of God, but it's not an audible voice. It's kind of a cross between a whisper and telepathy. It's the same way I can hear jinns. They talk to me too.

Welcome back Casey... 😂

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4257 Posts

I don’t play RPGs. So games like FF, DQ, Pokémon etc.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9582 Posts

Not to be that guy, but I'm not sure there is one... I've played everything mentioned and liked some more than others. I'm sure there are still a few more niche franchises out there I haven't tried, but outside of a few of those, which I try my best to at least try when I get the chance they are likely few and far in between. I'd have to dig deep to find a few... hell, if anyone has any suggestion fire away. Im guessing you'd have the best chance with PC games. I'm sure there are franchises out there I've never even heard about.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2953 Posts

Zelda. Supposedly one the greatest games series ever, but it never caught my interest. I once tried Zelda on SNES, but it didn't catch my interest for long.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheEroica  Moderator

@pmanden said:

Zelda. Supposedly one the greatest games series ever, but it never caught my interest. I once tried Zelda on SNES, but it didn't catch my interest for long.

Never exposing yourself to Zelda in video games is like eating a lifetime of pizza with no cheese on it! You should try a link between worlds or something really engaging and work your way in.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2953 Posts

@TheEroica: Sounds like hard homework. Sigh. If I ever try Zelda, I'll play one of the 2D games. I am an old school gamer after all.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheEroica  Moderator

@pmanden: yep! That's why I recommended a link between worlds! 2d top down.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46493 Posts

KOTOR

I guess I wanted it to be like my other Star Wars games at the time and instead I found a game that had metal swords, slow turn based combat and lots of talking. It wasn't for me, at least back then. But after finishing Mass Effect and numerous other Bioware games I'm ready to overlook its shortcomings or downsides (subjective) and focus on what it does well.

Which is force powers, God I love force powers in video games. Just powers in general, make me powerful, make me omnnipotent.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@TheEroica: Grand Theft Auto.

The idea of playing a thief or "gangsta" is repugnant.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

Star Ocean

Disagea

God Hand

no specific reason, just never tried one

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TheEroica  Moderator

@dabear said:

@TheEroica: Grand Theft Auto.

The idea of playing a thief or "gangsta" is repugnant.

Wait... Do you ask for Christ's "OK" before gaming too?

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1906 Posts

Most games made by Blizzard (well, except the occasional Candy Crush). And not anything to do with their recent press. Mostly because, any game they make, I just like the version made by someone else. Like, instead of WOW, I prefer Final Fantasy 14. Instead of League of Legends, I prefer Smite. Instead of Overwatch, I prefer Paladins.

Another thing is games made by EA. I just never cared for their particular games tbh.

GTA 5, Rocket League, League of Legends, Minecraft, Battlefield, etc.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39420 Posts

@luxuryheart said:

Most games made by Blizzard (well, except the occasional Candy Crush). And not anything to do with their recent press. Mostly because, any game they make, I just like the version made by someone else. Like, instead of WOW, I prefer Final Fantasy 14. Instead of League of Legends, I prefer Smite. Instead of Overwatch, I prefer Paladins.

Another thing is games made by EA. I just never cared for their particular games tbh.

Or maybe because you're stuck with Nintendo systems for eternity, and nothing made by Blizzard is available on those toasters. This is the real truth you refuse to admit.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By LuxuryHeart

@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:

Or maybe because you're stuck with Nintendo systems for eternity, and nothing made by Blizzard is available on those toasters. This is the real truth you refuse to admit.

Some of the games that I listed, that I play, aren't on Switch. Final Fantasy 14 is an MMO game that isn't on the Switch, and Paladins isn't on the Switch either. I don't play Smite on the Switch, I play it on my PC. Just like I play Fortnite on my PC and Don't Starve on my PC.

Blizzard games are just living on nostalgia. Other devs have eclipsed their design. FF14 is way better than WOW, and Paladins > Overwatch. I'd Much rather play Fortnite as an fps than Call of Duty. That series has been shit since Black Ops 2. Several fps games have come out and eclipsed them. Once again, they're getting by on past glory. And tbh, COD was never the best fps game ever. It was well known among the fps gaming community, that several fps games were better. Call of Duty was just popular.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dabear

@TheEroica: No... I just don't have any interest in the premise of GTA.

I want all carjackers and drug dealers to be rounded up and impaled in public squares across the world.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@dabear said:

@TheEroica: No... I just don't have any interest in the premise of GTA.

I want all carjackers and drug dealers to be rounded up and impaled in public squares across the world.

Pretty extreme! That is certainly one way to handle it.😵☠️ Do you read?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dabear

@TheEroica: Do I read?

I read all the time. I am college educated.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TheEroica  Moderator

@dabear said:

@TheEroica: Do I read?

I read all the time. I am college educated.

I'm reading Meditations by Marcus Aurelius... It's the most authentic thing I've ever read and speaks so philisophically to the nature of man... To our own nature...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#76 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59194 Posts

Technically have played it, but never properly played DmC.

Those Team Ninja guys are great though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 hardwenzen

@luxuryheart said:
@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:

Some of the games that I listed, that I play, aren't on Switch. Final Fantasy 14 is an MMO game that isn't on the Switch, and Paladins isn't on the Switch either. I don't play Smite on the Switch, I play it on my PC. Just like I play Fortnite on my PC and Don't Starve on my PC.

Blizzard games are just living on nostalgia. Other devs have eclipsed their design. FF14 is way better than WOW, and Paladins > Overwatch. I'd Much rather play Fortnite as an fps than Call of Duty. That series has been shit since Black Ops 2. Several fps games have come out and eclipsed them. Once again, they're getting by on past glory. And tbh, COD was never the best fps game ever. It was well known among the fps gaming community, that several fps games were better. Call of Duty was just popular.

You have so few examples of non Nintendo games that you play, that i don't think you should be even paying attention to any developer that isn't Nintendo's first party. Seriously, you have literally nothing coming out on your system when you compared it to the other three, and the hundreds of quality third party titles that are being made for them.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LuxuryHeart

@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:
@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:

You have so few examples of non Nintendo games that you play, that i don't think you should be even paying attention to any developer that isn't Nintendo's first party. Seriously, you have literally nothing coming out on your system when you compared it to the other three, and the hundreds of quality third party titles that are being made for them.

Because most of the other games I played were on the PS4. Such as Horizon Zero Dawn, Dauntless, The Witcher, Detroit Become Human, Ghost of Tsushima, Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier Automata, Final Fantasy 15, Bloodborne, Friday the 13th, The Walking Dead, Dynasty Warriors 8, and Soulcalibur 6.

Dauntless and Friday the 13th shit the bed, which is sad. Friday was way more fun than Dead by Daylight could ever be. Dauntless was way more fun than Monster Hunter could ever be (before they ruined their game by pandering to Trials nerds). The other games above are single player games (which was the main reason to even get a Sony console).

I play Final Fantasy 14, Fortnite, Smite, and Paladins on the PS4, which I then took to PC. I refer to buy another Sony console because I don't like how they're doing things now. So I'm PC moving forward because I want to still play those third party games, but they aren't on the Switch. Well, at least some of them. Even still, I don't play third party games like Fortnite or Smite on the Switch. Unless the Switch is the only platform that you can afford, it's meme worthy to play third party competitive games on it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hardwenzen

@luxuryheart said:
@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:
@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:

Because most of the other games I played were on the PS4. Such as Horizon Zero Dawn, Dauntless, The Witcher, Detroit Become Human, Ghost of Tsushima, Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier Automata, Final Fantasy 15, Bloodborne, Friday the 13th, The Walking Dead, Dynasty Warriors 8, and Soulcalibur 6.

Dauntless and Friday the 13th shit the bed, which is sad. Friday was way more fun than Dead by Daylight could ever be. Dauntless was way more fun than Monster Hunter could ever be (before they ruined their game by pandering to Trials nerds). The other games above are single player games (which was the main reason to even get a Sony console).

I play Final Fantasy 14, Fortnite, Smite, and Paladins on the PS4, which I then took to PC. I refer to buy another Sony console because I don't like how they're doing things now. So I'm PC moving forward because I want to still play those third party games, but they aren't on the Switch. Well, at least some of them. Even still, I don't play third party games like Fortnite or Smite on the Switch. Unless the Switch is the only platform that you can afford, it's meme worthy to play third party competitive games on it.

Since when you have a ps4? I thought your gaming life was pure suffering exclusively on Nintendo systems.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#80 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3658 Posts

Zelda

I only played Zelda 2 and The Legend of Zelda Windwaker, Phantom Hourglass and Skyward Sword. Never experienced the N64 Zelda games before.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LuxuryHeart

@hardwenzen: I gamed on the PS4 and Switch. I've always owned more than one console every generation. Heck, my family has a history of it since my older brother owned the Sega Genesis and the SNES. I don't own a Sony platform this generation, because they're fucking up. I don't like the direction they're going, and they're truly milking their cows. And they're not making as many of the games above, that I liked. So... Even less of a reason to own the PS5.

The most I do is go through bouts of depression, where the only thing I can stomach playing is the Switch (particularly Pokemon and Mario Party). And that's assuming I can even leave my bed.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hardwenzen

@luxuryheart said:

@hardwenzen: I gamed on the PS4 and Switch. I've always owned more than one console every generation. Heck, my family has a history of it since my older brother owned the Sega Genesis and the SNES. I don't own a Sony platform this generation, because they're fucking up. I don't like the direction they're going, and they're truly milking their cows. And they're not making as many of the games above, that I liked. So... Even less of a reason to own the PS5.

The most I do is go through bouts of depression, where the only thing I can stomach playing is the Switch (particularly Pokemon and Mario Party). And that's assuming I can even leave my bed.

Well, then you're a true sheep like i thought you were. And while Sony does indeed **** up this generation, having no current gen systems or pc makes it so you don't play much of anything that's coming out, so i dunno about that strat.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#83 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14500 Posts

Animal Crossing, Yakuza, Witcher, Trails of Cold Steel, DMC (minus the first hour out of every game), Tales series, and fighting games.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#84 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14500 Posts

Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Yakuza, Witcher, Trails of Cold Steel, DMC (minus the first hour out of every game), Tales series, almost every fighting game franchise, and Phoenix Wright.

Suddenly I see I don’t play many Capcom games. I should change that.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3459 Posts

Pokémon. It just looks stupid, I don't know.

Minecraft. Maybe I'm just a bit too old and missed the hype train.

CoD. Never interested me and everyone I know in real life, who plays it, tends to be basic af.

WoW. Everything I've seen about this game looks like crap. And I've never been socially awkward or geographically isolated.

League of Legends or any other moba trash.

Any card game. Card games always look utterly unappealing and seem designed specifically to milk gamers with addiction issues.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TheEroica  Moderator

@kathaariancode: feel like everyone owes it to themselves to play Minecraft in the same way I'd recommend tetris.... They're conceptually perfect. If nothing else just play on survival for a few hours and build a structure just to get the premise... Like trying a new food. Lol

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 707 Posts

The souls series: I am easily frustrated and prefer to relax when I game, so I didn't even try it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TheEroica  Moderator

@nirgal said:

The souls series: I am easily frustrated and prefer to relax when I game, so I didn't even try it.

I felt that way the first time I tried dark souls... I enjoyed what I was playing but always concerned the stress wall would hit and I'd rage quit. Never happened. I genuinely enjoyed the challenges and iconic bosses. It was tough but once you realize that death isn't the punishment, it's the lesson, your normal frustrations kinda go away.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#89  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4580 Posts
  • league of legends
  • minecraft
  • roblox
Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Nirgal

@TheEroica: I see your point, but I just don't have the time to get good at those games even if I wanted to.

Lately I am actually on the opposite side, I have been playing games on easy in the japanese language settings. I relax on the gameplay and use my energy to understand the game language as my japanese is not so great.

Both learning the game and learning a new language take effort from me, but only one gives me something useful for life.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 TheEroica  Moderator

@nirgal said:

@TheEroica: I see your point, but I just don't have the time to get good at those games even if I wanted to.

Lately I am actually on the opposite side, I have been playing games on easy in the japanese language settings. I relax on the gameplay and use my energy to understand the game language as my japanese is not so great.

Both learning the game and learning a new language take effort from me, but only one gives me something useful for life.

That is actually pretty cool. Never thought about it. Wonder if I can learn French that way?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Nirgal

@TheEroica: I think you could. Most games probably have french text and voices as it's a widely spoken language.

But you have to get to a level in which you can understand a good chunk of it, before games are useful. Otherwise you get lost.

Once you get to conversational level, it can become a tool. Before that, it's books, listening exercises and teachers.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

The 3 that come to mind are Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Red Dead Redemption.

They're on my list for sure- maybe I'll get to them someday, but if not that's ok too :)

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Not to be that guy, but I'm not sure there is one... I've played everything mentioned and liked some more than others. I'm sure there are still a few more niche franchises out there I haven't tried, but outside of a few of those, which I try my best to at least try when I get the chance they are likely few and far in between. I'd have to dig deep to find a few... hell, if anyone has any suggestion fire away. Im guessing you'd have the best chance with PC games. I'm sure there are franchises out there I've never even heard about.

Yeah, I have a hard time thinking of a series I never at least tried. The only obvious ones are PC games that don't make their way to consoles. But if it's on consoles and it's popular to have more than one entry, I've at least tried it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 TheEroica  Moderator

@templecow90999 said:

The 3 that come to mind are Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Red Dead Redemption.

They're on my list for sure- maybe I'll get to them someday, but if not that's ok too :)

Those are like three of the best franchises of the past 20 years. I really hope you get to play through them... Especially Mass Effect.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#96 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

There is no major franchise I have not played. I am the most open-minded System Warrior there is.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

That would be Pokemon.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#98 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5177 Posts

I've never completed or barely played any Zelda, Final Fantasy, GTA or Persona game. I just never really liked them, but I did try them.

I've never played Fortnite or PUBG

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

@CaseyWegner: WOW! Welcome back!

On topic: God of War. I never cared for that style of hack'n slash. And the newer entries look way too pretentious.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2144 Posts

I have never played Gear of War or DOTA. Plus pretty much any Battle Royale game.