No Rest For The Wicked is a guaranteed 10/10 game.

• 86 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

Honestly, Hades was ok, just not my top game and I'm not even all that hyped for Hades 2 now that I think about it. No Rest For The Wicked has my interest...for now at least.

@TheEroica said:

@pc_rocks: why do ARPGs suck as a blanket comment?

I like to know this as well. ARPG games have gotten so much fun over the past.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#52 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39420 Posts

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Again crying over my opinion.

You can ignore my opinion or build a bridge and get over it.

However my opinion won't change from watching gameplay vids of the game.

Your opinion is garbage, so don't brag too much about your wrong opinions.

And if you've decided to shit on the game for no reason, nobody is gonna stop you, nor does anyone care.🤷‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 hardwenzen
@dimebag667 said:

I'm not seeing it, dude. The art style is alright in spots, but the character models have that silly twig legs/giant torso proportion. Not a fan. The combat looks like the little tikes version of Souls. The enemy design and the world aren't really tickling my pickle either.

My overall impression is that they have a couple decent ideas, but are pivoting away from some of the good ideas in classic arpgs. But it is early, and I thought BG3 would flop when it was first shown. So wtf do I know? Hopefully I'm wrong again, and it turns out great.

Not a fan of those twig legs either. But that's the only minor negative i have with the game.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6435 Posts

@hardwenzen: You of all people calling other people's opinions garbage, now that is a funny one 🤣

And you say no one cares about my opinion when YOU have been caring about my opinion (even when I clearly said if you don't like my opinions don't read them) for about a dozen posts now, you ain't fooling anyone here wenzen.

Cry me a river 😭😭😭

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By hardwenzen
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: You of all people calling other people's opinions garbage, now that is a funny one 🤣

And you say no one cares about my opinion when YOU have been caring about my opinion (even when I clearly said if you don't like my opinions don't read them) for about a dozen posts now, you ain't fooling anyone here wenzen.

Cry me a river 😭😭😭

When you have a garbo opinion, you have a garbo opinion, and i remind you having a garbage opinion. No need to moan about it, just stop covering me with your garbage opinions.

Nobody cares about your opinion, game will do perfectly fine without a retro gamer not buying the game, so don't worry. I just hope you find a single game in 2024 cuz your gaming career is ending real soon😫

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Last_Lap  Online

@hardwenzen: No one cares about my opinion, except for you wenzen.

Cry me a river or 3 😭😭😭

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

This is the guy that also hyped Lord of Fallen

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: No one cares about my opinion, except for you wenzen.

Cry me a river or 3 😭😭😭

No need to moan, the game is not gonna miss you😊

@sargentd said:

For the love of god, can you please go fill Halo Infinite servers instead of posting on SW? 343i needs you😁

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Last_Lap  Online

@hardwenzen: Says the guy who's been moaning at ALL my posts in this thread, cryharderwenzen 😭😭😭

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Last_Lap  Online

@sargentd said:

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts

I don't know, the more I look into this game, the more I'm just...I don't know, not feeling it.

I can appreciate the attempt, but "dark souls"-like combat I just can't imagine blending well with the aRPG sub-genre. The games are all about your character builds, skill combinations, and half-mindlessly-half-consciously using those skills to go through tons of mobs in the search for better loot.

I'm going to be open-minded about it and as always hope for the best, but going to be reserved about it. I've played aRPG's that have dabbled with more in-depth combat mechanics and it just comes off kind of clunky.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

The IGN preview really helped to sell the game its beautiful!

.... But honestly other than that seems like a top down souls game. Bastion is more accurate gameplaywise but the art design doesn't really differentiate wicked from a souls game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Says the guy who's been moaning at ALL my posts in this thread, cryharderwenzen 😭😭😭

I sat down and thought of this, and i have to tell it to you. You know what? You don't deserve this game. Its that simple. You're simply not worthy.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hardwenzen
@sakaixx said:

The IGN preview really helped to sell the game its beautiful!

.... But honestly other than that seems like a top down souls game. Bastion is more accurate gameplaywise but the art design doesn't really differentiate wicked from a souls game.

The combat system does look like a top down souls, which i am not too sure why this isn't a big positive. But this is not just a souls game, tho. There are housing, resource gathering, fishing, etc. This is a mix of multiple genres into one, all with an awesome art style.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Last_Lap  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

I sat down and thought of this, and i have to tell it to you. You know what? You don't deserve this game. Its that simple. You're simply not worthy.

Nah you didn't, because if you did you would have realised you're still crying up in here about 1 person's opinion over a game you won't be buying.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22837 Posts

@davillain said:

Honestly, Hades was ok, just not my top game and I'm not even all that hyped for Hades 2 now that I think about it. No Rest For The Wicked has my interest...for now at least.

@TheEroica said:

PC Rocks has the mods all over him! Yikes!

I agree about hades... When that game came out and everyone was salivating over it I was thinking "has no one played dead cells?" I don't get anything more out of hades than jndo with games like Dead Cells or Rogue Legacy. Felt like hades was getting goty nods while those two aforementioned games were just nice little indies.... 🤷

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#67  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts
@TheEroica said:

I agree about hades... When that game came out and everyone was salivating over it I was thinking "has no one played dead cells?" I don't get anything more out of hades than jndo with games like Dead Cells or Rogue Legacy. Felt like hades was getting goty nods while those two aforementioned games were just nice little indies.... 🤷

Hades was very good though. Not sure why it stole the attention as much as it did over Dead Cells or Rogue Legacy, but I think the presentation helped a lot with that.

I think there's lots of people that would enjoy the roguelike style of game, but don't dabble in it because they look "cheap" or something. Dead Cells is pixel graphics, Rogue Legacy looks like a browser game.. Then they try Hades as their first roguelike and can't get enough.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8500 Posts

@davillain said:

@TheEroica said:

Tried to get into Diablo and PoE, even the older Diablo ones. Just never liked it. Click click click...I know that reductive but such garbage. Want a hack n slash then make a proper hack n slash. And RPGs or any kind of looter type stuff, should just die completely.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hardwenzen

@pc_rocks said:
@davillain said:
@TheEroica said:

Tried to get into Diablo and PoE, even the older Diablo ones. Just never liked it. Click click click...I know that reductive but such garbage. Want a hack n slash then make a proper hack n slash. And RPGs or any kind of looter type stuff, should just die completely.

Its not even like Diablo, and you control your character with WASD, not clicking.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By PC_Rocks

@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:
@davillain said:
@TheEroica said:

Its not even like Diablo, and you control your character with WASD, not clicking.

I might give it a try then but if it played anything like Diablo then I'll find you and beat you to a pulp.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TheEroica  Moderator

@pc_rocks: lol... I'm not a big Diablo fan either. This looks to have a unique approach though! We will see.... And I'm haply to take my besting if this is a Diablo clone.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23958 Posts

@TheEroica: It seems more like an Top Down View Soulslike But with Randomized loot.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TheEroica  Moderator

@Maroxad: when I first saw it I though jt looked like Bastion mixed with Salt and Sanctuary... Diablo only pops to mind when everyone is button mashing. This doesn't look like that game. More delibrstely combat.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

I like Ori.As for this game, I don't think there's anything very impressive. If you're going to make souls-like, at least make it a new setting, even the first boss looks like The Grafted Scion in Elden Ring.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

I just hope its not to hard.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hardwenzen

@gifford38 said:

I just hope its not to hard.

Hope its the opposite. Better be hard af, and with no difficulties for you to choose from.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hardwenzen

@pc_rocks: I am still not sure how did you come up to the conclussion of it being a Diablo clone. The only way you would, is if you didn't watch any videos at all, and only judging the game from pics. I mean shit, you parry, have a stamina meter and iframe dodge attacks. Its a top down souls game that borrows more mechanics from other rpgs and survival games, so its not a souls clone either.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By PC_Rocks
@hardwenzen said:

@pc_rocks: I am still not sure how did you come up to the conclussion of it being a Diablo clone. The only way you would, is if you didn't watch any videos at all, and only judging the game from pics. I mean shit, you parry, have a stamina meter and iframe dodge attacks. Its a top down souls game that borrows more mechanics from other rpgs and survival games, so its not a souls clone either.

Yup, never saw any gameplay videos. I think I just saw some bits from the reveal trailer before and it looked like Diablo.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

I'll give it a try - if the soundtrack includes "Crazy Babies".

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hardwenzen

@dabear said:

Its over

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

Its over

First off, wtf does Starfield have to do with my Ozzy reference???

Second, I subscribe to Matt's page. This "lets talk about Matt's comments" video is taken out of context. Watch Matty's video here. The first thing he says is "I enjoy the game."

The problem with the guy who is hosting the video, is that a lot of what he says is out of ignorance. For instance, there isn't as much mod support for Starfield because... the official mod kits haven't been released yet. He is just being your typical YouTuber - pandering to his audience and trying to get more views.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

Its over

First off, wtf does Starfield have to do with my Ozzy reference???

Second, I subscribe to Matt's page. This "lets talk about Matt's comments" video is taken out of context. Watch Matty's video here. The first thing he says is "I enjoy the game."

The problem with the guy who is hosting the video, is that a lot of what he says is out of ignorance. For instance, there isn't as much mod support for Starfield because... the official mod kits haven't been released yet. He is just being your typical YouTuber - pandering to his audience and trying to get more views.

Just wanted to remind you since you have hundreds of hours in it. Its over, bro. I told you so before it was released, but you didn't believe me, and now the suffering can begin.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@dimebag667 said:

I'm not seeing it, dude. The art style is alright in spots, but the character models have that silly twig legs/giant torso proportion. Not a fan. The combat looks like the little tikes version of Souls. The enemy design and the world aren't really tickling my pickle either.

My overall impression is that they have a couple decent ideas, but are pivoting away from some of the good ideas in classic arpgs. But it is early, and I thought BG3 would flop when it was first shown. So wtf do I know? Hopefully I'm wrong again, and it turns out great.

Yeah, not a huge fan of that cheap cel-shaded art style. Not sure what wenzen means when he says it doesn't look cheap, because it does look cheap.

Gameplay looks cool, though, so I'll likely check it out.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hardwenzen

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@dimebag667 said:

Yeah, not a huge fan of that cheap cel-shaded art style. Not sure what wenzen means when he says it doesn't look cheap, because it does look cheap.

What the hell. How is this art style cheap? Fortnite is a cheap Crayola art style, not this.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@dimebag667 said:

What the hell. How is this art style cheap? Fortnite is a cheap Crayola art style, not this.

It lacks texture detail and is blurry. Usually games go this route because they don't want to make high quality textures. The weird cel outline around everything is also annoying. I just don't like cel-shaded artstyle at all.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 hardwenzen

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@dimebag667 said:

It lacks texture detail and is blurry. Usually games go this route because they don't want to make high quality textures. The weird cel outline around everything is also annoying. I just don't like cel-shaded artstyle at all.

Its a hand drawn art style. How much more texture do you want lol. The whole game was hand drawn.