Official PSVR2 Support for PC Coming This Year!

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

Story

“Also, we’re pleased to share that we are currently testing the ability for PS VR2 players to access additional games on PC to offer even more game variety in addition to the PS VR2 titles available through PS5. We hope to make this support available in 2024, so stay tuned for more updates.”

They also announced some other games, but the big news is PC support. PSVR2 is arguably the best VR headset feature wise, and would benefit greatly from the power and library that PC has to offer. They’d likely sell more hardware too.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45326 Posts

Pretty cool. Hopefully this rejuvenates sales and gets us more AAA VR games.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Just another sign Phony is about to go full 3rd party. ;o

Cows amcry...

lol :P

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2147 Posts

Guess after the crap latest ER Sony finally figured out that making an extra buck by accommodating PC gamers is a good idea.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4580 Posts

This should have been there at launch. They limited their sales by locking it to the limited PS5 audience. Plus, with the lackluster support vr gets on PS5, pc will open the headset up to a ton of new experiences. If they wanted this headset to have any chance of success, pc support should be a given.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59189 Posts

Very nice. May consider purchasing one if it's a proper PC functioned headset.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

The best headset on the market just became the superior headset on the market. Been waiting for this. Very, very good news.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

Wow that's great. Good job Sony. I'm shocked they actually did it. This is the type of support vita needed. Looks like they're not stupid after all

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17853 Posts

Great news! I may get one. I have an index at the moment but i don't really have the space for it. If the PC support is good then i'd be very tempted. Sell the index and switch to PSVR2. Hmm.

....It's a shame Valve dont sell the headphones that come with the index.

Hopefully VR games from both sides can start being ported over too. The PS5 should have no problem running something like HL Alyx. My old 1500X/Vega 64 PC did a good job on it and the PS5 gives that a bit of a thump.

Exclusives in the VR space especially....completely nonsensical.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1142 Posts

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

Like I said before, PSVR2 cost more than the base console itself But based on what I've read previously about the attempts to reverse-engineers to work on PC, I doubt it will be able to just support all features using a single USB-C cable on PC, not unless Sony gets the right engineers to make it work flawlessly for PC despite PSVR2 was meant for PS5.

I'm not saying there's no secret sauce proprietary solution on how PSVR2 USB-C is handled, but PC USB-C absolutely can handle both data transfer (two-way) and video outputs, that's how all USB-C hubs/docking stations and USB-C monitors work of course. Obviously the USB controller for that port needs to support all that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@davillain: You don't need PC to support all PSVR 2 features, because the majority of PC VR games don't even make use of said features. This functionality will be for existing PC games, not the other way around. It'll work fine.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11195 Posts

About time. Opening functionality to PC makes it a way more appealing product. I've been wanting to replace my old mixed reality headset anyway, so I'll likely get this now.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator

@nod_calypse: That's good to know. My tech savvy gets the better of me...sometimes😅

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

Sony is slowly making the transition to PC gaming.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

Not looking good for the ponies.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8500 Posts

It's still a proprietary solution and Sony haven't shown any interest to support OpenXR. Not sure how many existing PC titles will be supported on it.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6435 Posts

It's confirmation that it flopped hard then, good.

It is funny, though. Sony is relying on third parties to prop up its PS5, and now the Hermits to prop up its VR 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pedro

But it sold out.🤭

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39410 Posts

As i predicted in the launch thread, NOTHING is being made for this thing. You spent more money on a piece of tech made for the ps5 than the ps5 itself, and there's absolutely nothing on the horizon for you to use it with. So many damage controlling this thing in that thread, and look at you now, your VR serves zero purpose in life. Sold so poorly they're forced to make it compatible with pc. Jim Ryan f'ed Sony so damn hard, i'll be surprised if they recover before MS exits gaming in 2027.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@last_lap said:

It is funny, though. Sony is relying on third parties to prop up its PS5, and now the Hermits to prop up its VR 🤣

Hey, no complaints here. PSVR 2 is about to boost its library in a huge way.

To be honest, though, I can't think of a single Sony first party studio that I'd really want to see a VR game from.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Last_Lap

@nod_calypse: So you went out and bought the PSVR2 in the hopes that NONE of Sony's first party studios made games for it 🤣🤣🤣

That's some serious damage control there nod.

It's time to face the facts, Sony can't support it, so they're hoping PC/Hermits will.

The PSVR 1 & 2 will most likely go down in history as the least supported device from a gaming company ever, heck even Sega made more games for the 32X which lasted like a couple of years than Sony has done in 2 iterations of VR 🤦‍♂️

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@last_lap said:

@nod_calypse: So you went out and bought the PSVR2 in the hopes that NONE of Sony's first party studios made games for it 🤣🤣🤣

It's time to face the facts, Sony can't support it, so they're hoping PC/Hermits will.

The PSVR 1 & 2 will most likely go down in history as the least supported device from a gaming company ever, heck even Sega made more games for the 32X which lasted like a couple of years than Sony has done in 2 iterations of VR 🤦‍♂️

I mean, yeah, dude. Almost the entire library is third party. I didn't buy the headset for Sony first party, lol. I bought it because it's a dope headset, and third party games, mainly. I was hoping from day one they'd open it to PC support, which they are now doing. With the exception of GT7, which is great, the only games I've played on PSVR 2 are third party..... Lol, I didn't even play the first party Horizon game. Looked lame.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16580 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X: lmfao 🤣 the cows sure are hypocritical. Great idea my ass, please meltdown more

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaVillain  Moderator

@nod_calypse said:
@last_lap said:

To be honest, though, I can't think of a single Sony first party studio that I'd really want to see a VR game from.

I'm kinda surprised Sony didn't ask Valve if they can get HL Alyx to PSVR2. It would have done Sony a favor at the very least.

Sony just needs more new IP VR, not previous IPs IMO.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: Meant to reply someone else?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@davillain said:
@nod_calypse said:
@last_lap said:

I'm kinda surprised Sony didn't ask Valve if they can get HL Alyx to PSVR2. It would have done Sony a favor at the very least.

Sony just needs more new IP VR, not previous IPs IMO.

It's supposedly coming to PSVR 2....but now you'll just be able to play it anyway when it gets PC support

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

The Sony fannies are avoiding this thread like a plague. I remember the good old days (less than a year ago) when folks were bragging that Sony is the only console with VR as if that is a plus.😂

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator

Sony fannies are too busy playing their games to care about this stuff. Yes sir, they are happily playing MS games as we speak😉

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@davillain said:

Sony fannies are too busy playing their games to care about this stuff. Yes sir, they are happily playing MS games as we speak😉

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1: Your account is from 2007, and you still don't have a profile picture. Do you have any idea how pathetic this looks to someone like me? As a matter of fact, it looks more pathetic than even Switch 2 specs.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Last_Lap

@nod_calypse said:
@last_lap said:

I mean, yeah, dude. Almost the entire library is third party. I didn't buy the headset for Sony first party, lol. I bought it because it's a dope headset, and third party games, mainly. I was hoping from day one they'd open it to PC support, which they are now doing. With the exception of GT7, which is great, the only games I've played on PSVR 2 are third party..... Lol, I didn't even play the first party Horizon game. Looked lame.

I partly believe you because you're still a Sony fanboy, so seeing Sony on the box you just had to get it. But buying a gaming device and not wanting the creator of the device to make games for it is a ridiculous statement.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen said:

@blaznwiipspman1: Your account is from 2007, and you still don't have a profile picture. Do you have any idea how pathetic this looks to someone like me? As a matter of fact, it looks more pathetic than even Switch 2 specs.

yep, and its going to stay that way. Btw, did switch 2 specs even release??

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@ghostofgolden: by the way, how would this work exactly? Lets say you buy a psvr2 but not a ps5, then you bought RE8 for psvr2, would you be able to play it then by linking to PC, or do you need a ps5? Very confusing stuff.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

yep, and its going to stay that way. Btw, did switch 2 specs even release??

They haven't released them, and they won't until the system is out, and tech focused youtube channels get inside the system. Nintendo will never reveal the trash that's inside because it will ruin the hype of their brand new system.

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OmegaBlueUp
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: I think it would only work with PSVR2 capable PC games. So you would need to buy the game on PC and connect the PSVR2 to the PC.

My guess is that it will only work with specific PC games (like they have to have permission from Sony) and it is a way for Sony to release their games like Horizon Call of the Mountain to PC.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44631 Posts

I imagine library support is going to be the biggest challenge for making this transition. Those who made PSVR2 games whether they want to make PSVR2 versions for PC. Though at same time of all goes well, it'd look so odd if developers make PSVR2 games for PC and skip PS5 versions all together. Perhaps Sony has a measure in place to prevent that but we'll see.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GhostOfGolden

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@ghostofgolden: by the way, how would this work exactly? Lets say you buy a psvr2 but not a ps5, then you bought RE8 for psvr2, would you be able to play it then by linking to PC, or do you need a ps5? Very confusing stuff.

I 100% doubt it. All this would do is add the PSVR2 to the list of Steam VR compatible devices.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@last_lap said:
@nod_calypse said:
@last_lap said:

I partly believe you because you're still a Sony fanboy, so seeing Sony on the box you just had to get it. But buying a gaming device and not wanting the creator of the device to make games for it is a ridiculous statement.

Lol, I don't even play video games, let alone VR. I'm just an alcoholic dust-head with a big ass beard that sometimes gets shit on his balls when he doesn't wipe good enough.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blaznwiipspman1

@OmegaBlueUp said:

@blaznwiipspman1: I think it would only work with PSVR2 capable PC games. So you would need to buy the game on PC and connect the PSVR2 to the PC.

My guess is that it will only work with specific PC games (like they have to have permission from Sony) and it is a way for Sony to release their games like Horizon Call of the Mountain to PC.

@ghostofgolden said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I 100% doubt it. All this would do is add the PSVR2 to the list of Steam VR compatible devices.

ahh thats too bad. There are a few PS5 VR games i'd like to play, but not going to spend $500 for a ps5 or whatever it costs nowadays. So then it comes down to meta quest 3 versus psvr2, and in that comparison, meta quest 3 blows it out of the water.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Last_Lap

@nod_calypse said:
@last_lap said:
@nod_calypse said:
@last_lap said:

Lol, I don't even play video games, let alone VR. I'm just an alcoholic dust-head with a big ass beard that sometimes gets shit on his balls when he doesn't wipe good enough.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@last_lap said:
@nod_calypse said:
@last_lap said:
@nod_calypse said:
@last_lap said:

Did he get banned???

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Last_Lap

@kvallyx: Nah they just nuked themselves out of the blue. That person will be back, give it a month or 6 lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

It looks like it would not be coming based on the latest news.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:

It looks like it would not be coming based on the latest news.

I’d think they’d accelerate it in order to get those dusty boxes out of the warehouses

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#46 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59189 Posts

Through failure get a better headset.

Thank you Sony bros.