SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45326 Posts

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/persona-6-is-reportedly-being-planned-for-xbox/

Persona 6 is being planned for Xbox platforms, according to a noted industry insider.

Until recently, the Atlus RPG series had rarely been released on Xbox platforms.

Before last year, when three games in the Persona series were ported to Xbox consoles and included in Game Pass, it had only appeared on Xbox twice, with fighting games Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax released in 2012 and 2014 respectively.

There’s a strong case for refreshed interest from Atlus in Xbox then, and according to industry insider Nate the Hate, it’s planning to release the next game in the series for Xbox.

“From the information I’ve heard, it does seem that Persona 6 will be coming to the Xbox,” they said.

I’m not 100% sure if it [will be] day-and-date with the PlayStation version, but considering the way the Persona games have been day-and-date with the multiplatform releases at this point, it may be a safe assumption to make”.

Another reliable Atlus insider recently claimed that Persona 3 Reload and Metaphor: ReFantazio are coming to the NintendoSwitch 2.

Persona 3 Reload is a remake of the 2006 RPG which was originally released on PS2.

Metaphor: ReFantazio was originally announced as Project Re Fantasy back in 2016, and is the first original RPG by Studio Zero.

MS has been building a strong relationship with Sega/Atlus, with Persona 3 Reload and Persona 5 Tactica coming to GamePass. They also have been marketing Metaphor ReFantazio as well. Getting Persona 6 would be a good win for Xbox. It shows they are serious about Japan! Thoughts, SW? Is MS starting to close the gap with Sony and Nintendo on JRPGs? Will they eventually be on the same playing field?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44631 Posts

This isn't surprising given the level of support Sega has shown Xbox in recent years, and their approach toward making the Persona and other SMT games and subseries available on more platforms. Wouldn't surprise me either if Persona 6 came to Switch and/or its successor and maybe even PC too.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

If they get it for gamepass it's good for the jrpg fanbase. I couldn't care less but variety is good for any platform.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7223 Posts

After how bad FF Vii Rebirth flopped this is no surprise. More and more JRPGs will try to reach a larger fan base instead of a dying one.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 682 Posts

It is common knowledge that Persona 6 will be multi-platform. They want to sell 5 million copies of the game which they will only do by following their new multi-platform policy.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic

@mesome713 said:

After how bad FF VI Rebirth flopped this is no surprise. More and more JRPGs will try to reach a larger fan base instead of a dying one.

Wow, I didn’t know the remade Final Fantas VI, gotta check that out!

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mesome713

@SolidGame_basic: After FFVII Rebirth flopping so bad I don't think they ever will. They'll remaster the remake for Clown Cows to buy on PS5 Pro so they can make up for all they lost.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50618 Posts

These games suuuuuck

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic

@mesome713 said:

@SolidGame_basic: After FFVII Rebirth flopping so bad I don't think they ever will. They'll remaster the remake for Clown Cows to buy on PS5 Pro so they can make up for all they lost.

At least you can play Princess Peach while we play a critically acclaimed game!

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mesome713

@SolidGame_basic: That's what's sad, more people will buy Princess Peach than FFVII Rebirth.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic

@mesome713 said:

@SolidGame_basic: That's what's sad, more people will buy Princess Peach than FFVII Rebirth.

And?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mesome713

@SolidGame_basic: It’s what they get being greedy. Sony just destroying these companies by creating a dying fan base. Square deserves it though, they let shortterm profits erode their long term gains. Such a stupid companies.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59186 Posts

Do Xbox gamers really want a Sony franchise where you date children?

Play Halo.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic

@mesome713 said:

@SolidGame_basic: It’s what they get being greedy. Sony just destroying these companies by creating a dying fan base. Square deserves it though, they let shortterm profits erode their long term gains. Such a stupid companies.

How is Sony destroying SquareEnix? SquareEnix made the deal with Sony.
You seem to have no problem with Switch having exclusives.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

Putting your game on more systems for more consumers to purchase is just smart business. Makes sense to do so.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mesome713

@SolidGame_basic said:
@mesome713 said:

How is Sony destroying SquareEnix? SquareEnix made the deal with Sony.

You seem to have no problem with Switch having exclusives.

Nintendo don't buy exclusives, they let third party release on whatever they want. Plus they too cheap to buy exclusives.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

PC too

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16580 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: yep, persona is great and one of the few reasons I bought a playstation. But now I think the audience is growing even on Xbox, so we should get persona at some point, even if it's not day and date. Final fantasy is a different story...I don't think Xbox fans really give a shit about it to be honest. I know I don't.