PS5 Pro leaks - 45% faster rendering speed + other details!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#201 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

This wattage limit on the Pro is so stupid. And DF thinks that the system will be bigger than the original PS5😆

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts
@nirgal said:

@hardwenzen: my hope is that they are getting earlier access to fsr3

It can't be FSR3 because its supposedly some proprietary tech made by Sony. And i don't see how they could achieve something impressive when they're working with amd hardware. If AMD themselves weren't able to get close to DLSS, no shot Sony is able to do a better job.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#203 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6645 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

After reading the DF I think I’m siding with the Lems on this one. This upgrade is super meh. The PS5 (and Xbox Series) launched at such an awkward time in tech, and being tied down to the Zen2 CPU is a real problem. As DF pointed out in the article, we already have CPU bound games. This “Pro” console can’t do much to address that.

Day 1, just because I buy everything. But I REALLY hope Xbox is cooking something up. And Nintendo might want to sit on the Switch 2 a little longer. The sff hardware is going to see another leap soon.

I hope not, either start a new gen or just sit out this stupid "upgrade" BS.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2632 Posts

@last_lap said:

I hope not, either start a new gen or just sit out this stupid "upgrade" BS.

I’m too much of a tech junkie to sit on outdated hardware for 8 years. These consoles get depressing late in their lifecycles. Either go back to the 4-5 year generations, do the Sega/Nintendo upgrade attachment things or release mid-gen upgrades. Tech moves too fast for consoles to be locked down for so long.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6645 Posts

@ghostofgolden: We're at the point of diminishing returns. A 30tf machine isn't gonna change the game as it were against current gen (well expect for the Switch) so a new gen can stay a few years away as far as I'm concerned.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#206 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17457 Posts

DF brought up a very good point that I haven't seen mentioned.

RDNA2 and 3 were notoriously misleading regarding TF numbers. They pointed out that the ROG Ally is around 8TF but can't outperform the Series S. They also pointed out that the PS5 Pro has 60CUs while the Series X has 56 (52 active)

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7716 Posts

looks like cows can enjoy dragons dogma 2 at 60fps when ps6 hits, I might skip this, don't think I got that much use out of the 4 pro and 5 is getting less exclusives than 4 did

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#208 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8909 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Also new news:

"Don't expect GTA 6 to run at 60fps on PS5 Pro, as the performance improvement will only be about 10%."

https://www.ign.com/articles/dont-expect-ps5-pro-to-run-gta-6-at-60fps-tech-experts-say

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#210  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70263 Posts