Respawn Star wars FPS is Mandalorian Game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25061 Posts

Source

As to be expected, playing as a Mandalorian bounty hunter gives the player a wide variety of weapons and gadgets including a wrist rocket, grapple hook, a visor for tagging enemies and bounties, and more.

It’s understood that the game will not be an open world and have linear levels taking place on a variety of different planets in the Star Wars universe.

While it’s unclear when the game will be released, it was said we’re still a year or two away, at the very least. It’s currently unclear if the game will have a multiplayer experience or not.

What do you think of a Mandalorian Star Wars game by Respawn Entertainment?

Finally we getting mado the game. and Respawn are better at making FPS than third person games so they not only back to thierr roots but also bringing madolorian into gaming.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3116 Posts

It's hard to get excited about anything Star Wars in this day and age, but any non Jedi game is at least intriguing. And I've been interested in a bounty hunting game since the original trailer for Prey 2.

Loading Video...

I never really played Titanfall, but people seem to at least like the second one. So that's at least something. And I guess it's a pretty safe bet it will have wall running. Not a huge fan of that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ghosts4ever

@dimebag667 said:

It's hard to get excited about anything Star Wars in this day and age, but any non Jedi game is at least intriguing. And I've been interested in a bounty hunting game since the original trailer for Prey 2.

Loading Video...

I never really played Titanfall, but people seem to at least like the second one. So that's at least something. And I guess it's a pretty safe bet it will have wall running. Not a huge fan of that.

Titanfall 2 is excellent. one of the best SP FPS game of its time.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6718 Posts

Another Star Bores game, and first person how boring 🥱

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ghosts4ever

@last_lap said:

Good I hope more and more developers make First person games.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Last_Lap

@ghosts4ever said:
@last_lap said:

Good I hope more and more developers make First person games.

You would shill a game where you play as a turd as long as it's in first person.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8508 Posts

F**king Star Wars, why can't this franchise just die is beyond me. It's extremely cringe watching grown up mans in their 50s etc. dressing as garbage characters from Star Wars and giggling like they are children or think Star Wars is peak arts.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

F**king Star Wars, why can't this franchise just die is beyond me. It's extremely cringe watching grown up mans in their 50s etc. dressing as garbage characters from Star Wars and giggling like they are children or think Star Wars is peak arts.

Original star wars was among the best trilogy of all time. then it ruined and ruined hard accept Mandalorian season 1 and 2. (3 was weakest).

OG star wars were simple space opera science fantasy war with prophecy and with third movie should be stopped and ended.

Loading Video...

also wish we had Matrix and Terminator more video games as much as star wars having.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

We'll never get a new Titanfall game 😭

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59329 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

Original star wars was among the best trilogy of all time. then it ruined and ruined hard accept Mandalorian season 1 and 2. (3 was weakest).

OG star wars were simple space opera science fantasy war with prophecy and with third movie should be stopped and ended.

Loading Video...

also wish we had Matrix and Terminator more video games as much as star wars having.

ROTS best Starwars movie.

(pc_rocks agrees)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39700 Posts

Ghost is not playing Helldivers2. How pathetic.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7356 Posts

@lamprey263: Yeah. Respawn is a great team to develop a Mandalorian game. But I would rather have Titanfall 3.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

another MP game? not interested. space marine 2 is what waiting for.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

Stop being afraid of the multiplayer. Its a god damn coop, people can't kill you and tbag your body. Not to mention that you can play it solo if you want.

Imagine not playing an amazing shooter. So foolish.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

Stop being afraid of the multiplayer. Its a god damn coop, people can't kill you and tbag your body. Not to mention that you can play it solo if you want.

nope still not. prefer proper SP game. be it FPS or non movie third person game.

speaking of third person. currently rreplaying Hitman WOA trilogy. the games have so much creativity than any of AAA games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

nope still not. prefer proper SP game. be it FPS or non movie third person game.

speaking of third person. currently rreplaying Hitman WOA trilogy. the games have so much creativity than any of AAA games.

This is as far from a movie game as it gets. Hitman ain't got shit on this.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

so you cant play Hitman because its not AAAA mainstream enough?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

so you cant play Hitman because its not AAAA mainstream enough?

Hitman, especially the latest one, is AAA.🤦‍♂️

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

Its nichie franchise. but still one of the most creative franchise.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

Its nichie franchise. but still one of the most creative franchise.

Franchise isn't niche, nor is "niche" mean better, which is what you're always implying. What's niche is the genre, not the franchise.

Imagine not playing helldiver2. How pathetic.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yeah, you have to have friends for that, sniper4321

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

Do we know if it has competitive multiplayer?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

@dimebag667 said:

I never really played Titanfall, but people seem to at least like the second one. So that's at least something.

This comment hit a nerve with me

The first Titanfall is a damn near perfect multiplayer shooter. Titanfall 2s campaign had some neat concepts. The multiplayer wasn’t quite as good as the first, but it was still the best shooter out at that time. The movement and traversal changed the FPS genre. And Apex pushed the BR genre into different directions. Fortnite wouldn’t be Fortnite without Apex. Folks need to show Respawn some respect.

“That’s at least something.” 🙄

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10554 Posts

sounds like they're aiming to tie the release in or around the mando movie. i'd have been very interested in an open world star wars bounty hunter game but i'll take a linear one, just as long as the actual bounty hunting part allows you to be creative and it's not scripted to the nth degree

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@Macutchi said:

sounds like they're aiming to tie the release in or around the mando movie. i'd have been very interested in an open world star wars bounty hunter game but i'll take a linear one, just as long as the actual bounty hunting part allows you to be creative and it's not scripted to the nth degree

This is the first I'm hearing of a Mando movie! It sounds great I must say.

I'm not sure what to think of the series, I started watching it with great interest but I have yet to watch Season 3 and I don't know if I will. I mean I must watch it if it becomes a requirement for watching the movie.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10554 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: yeah only recently announced and going into production soon. not sure if it's replacing s4 or not. wasn't a huge fan of s3 tbh but did like the first two seasons

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k

@ghostofgolden said:
@dimebag667 said:

I never really played Titanfall, but people seem to at least like the second one. So that's at least something.

This comment hit a nerve with me

The first Titanfall is a damn near perfect multiplayer shooter. Titanfall 2s campaign had some neat concepts. The multiplayer wasn’t quite as good as the first, but it was still the best shooter out at that time. The movement and traversal changed the FPS genre. And Apex pushed the BR genre into different directions. Fortnite wouldn’t be Fortnite without Apex. Folks need to show Respawn some respect.

“That’s at least something.” 🙄

Titanfall 1&2 couldn't be more different. At least how they connect with people. Titanfall 2 is loved by the singleplayer community while Titanfall 1... yeah like you put it it was a perfect game.

I started playing it during the beta and it was hard to put down. I bought it from the moment it released and again, I found it very hard to put down.

The whole agile pilot vs lumbering walking tank balance was polished to a teeth. They made faaaar too many changes in T2 where it just didn't feel the same anymore;

I remember people complaining about the smart pistol in Titanfall 1 but nah, even that was insanely balanced and thought through.

I have so many amazing memories about Titanfall 1, it's not only an amazing game in the multiplayer space, it's a generation defining game for X360

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2490 Posts

I never got into many of the Star Wars side stories, so to me Boba Fett was always henchmen number five, who died by accident, screaming like a bitch (never getting out of the sarlaac). Therefore also don't care about anyone wearing his style of armor.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup
@warm_gun said:

I never got into many of the Star Wars side stories, so to me Boba Fett was always henchmen number five, who died by accident, screaming like a bitch (never getting out of the sarlaac). Therefore also don't care about anyone wearing his style of armor.

The Prequels make it canon that Mandalorians are a thing, including his father, whom he is an unaltered clone of, wearing the same armor.

Regardless of personal likes, this is de-facto canon set in stone by Lucas in the main movies.

(pc_rocks agrees)

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Warm_Gun

@uninspiredcup said:
@warm_gun said:

The Prequels make it canon that Mandalorians are a thing, including his father, whom he is an unaltered clone of, wearing the same armor.

Regardless of personal likes, this is de-facto canon set in tone by Lucas in the main movies.

The prequels only showed Boba Fett take his father's helmet. They never implied that all the Mandalorians wear the same style of armor and can't ever show their faces. Which is such a stupid concept when you really think about it. "Can you at least take the helmet off when we're having sex?" Regardless, the Boba Fett fanservice in Attack of the Clones was lame.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By uninspiredcup
@warm_gun said:

The prequels only showed Boba Fett take his father's helmet. They never implied that all the Mandalorians wear the same style of armor and can't ever show their faces. Which is such a stupid concept when you really think about it. "Can you at least take the helmet off when we're having sex?" Regardless, the Boba Fett fanservice in Attack of the Clones was lame.

They don't.

Loading Video...

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7059 Posts

I actually enjoyed Jedi Survivor, sucks they are doing an fps.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3116 Posts

@ghostofgolden: I literally said "I never really played Titanfall". So how am I supposed to have the same level of reverence as you do?

I watched a buddy play the Titanfall 1 once, and all I remember was him thinking he was doing well against other players, when it was just bots he was killing. My old roommate played a fair amount of Titanfall 2 mp, but I didn't like what I saw. I played the beta and said "meh". And only one of my friends said the sp was great, but I didn't play it, so I can't confirm.

Your praise of the movement also falls on deaf ears, because I can't stand wall running. I think it feels cheap, and looks stupid. I also associate it with the future based CoD games, which I think are probably the worst. And of the couple times I tried Apex and Fortnite... get ready for it... I didn't like those either. I hate BR, along with the theme and attitude of those games. I don't like the scavenger nature of those games, I don't like the loot based 'trash to epic' rating for items, etc. I think they are both a plague on multiplayer, and would benefit the world if they never existed. But that's just me. And clearly most people don't feel the same.

The point of "That's at least something", was an attempt at positivity, in relation to my disdain for modern Star Wars. I'm not like most commenters in this thread that seem to hate Star Wars in general. I actually love it. What I hate is the poor use of the world. There are countless ways to make something cool out of Star Wars, but for whatever reason they can't seem to do it. I haven't played Survivor, but I didn't really care for Fallen Jedi, but maybe they fixed what I didn't like. Maybe I'll try it someday.

So when I see a new game, based on a franchise that has had a predictably mediocre output, paired with a game studio that has made nothing that I particularly care for, but still has a foundation of quality, I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. Hope that makes sense.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Sorry to break the news Ghost, Star Was FPS game has been officially canceled!

Oh well🤷‍♂️

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Ghost gonna be crying himself to sleep tonight.

Still, this is shitty given Respawn made a solid FPS in TF2.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

That’s very unfortunate. Titanfall 2 was excellent. Would have loved to have seen what they could have done with a Star Wars FPS.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Last_Lap

Whatever Ghost hypes up more often than not goes wrong, chalk this one up as another one.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

I'm actually glad to hear this is getting canceled if it means the likelihood of a new Titanfall game is looking better now.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

At this point, I'd be down for a Star Wars Bounty Hunter game to be Remastered and now Remake mind you. So yeah, Star Wars Bounty Hunter doesn't need a remake, it needs a remastered just to work by today's hardware standards.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

I was getting excited for it too.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Warm_Gun

Lol, the second time Boba Fett got cancelled. First it was that Uncharted clone in the depths of Coruscant, whose protagonist we later learned was going to be replaced by the Fett-man, and now it's this with the Fett lookalike. Just give up, henchman number 5.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 777 Posts

Unfortunate, but I think the 3rd person still suits it better

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

@pc_rocks: Everything you said is 100% true.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ghosts4ever

F***k EA. They cancelled it... I was so looking forward to it. They now also killed thier only good developer.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k

EA just pulled a uno reverse card on this game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Gina or bust!! lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points