User Lists: 5

#101 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:

But Ethereal loots only appear in NG+2 and above. Abyss grind is real and features floors up to lvl 999. Its a very loot heavy game but to unlock it you got to replay the game few times to get that super sweet loot. Unfortunately.

That was added after i already quit the game, and burned out on it so heavily that i couldn't be paid to play it. I am just referring to the base game, you know, the reason you originally paid the $60 for.

Seems the game ended its lifecycle naturally then as u did everything possible in game before the update and dlc stuff. Really recommends u to play the DLC though it adds a lot of content like new weapons, new gear tier, abyss, and a really good continuation of story (and it can be cheap and frustratingly hard). They fixed the sloth talisman so you can't cheese bosses with it in the DLC, it will definitely give u a good time.

But I finally recall. That boss rush before we fight Nobunaga Oda is so cheap that one I 100% agree with you. that is so asss.

I had Nioh 2, which is essentially a dlc sold to you as a sequel. If that wasn't good enough for me, then the dlc's for the original game will certainly not cut it. Everything is too damn similar in their games. What you've seen in the first five hours, is what you'll be seeing by hour 30 AND the sequels.

I think Nioh 2 expanded the game well. Lots more enemy variety, weapons as well as more emphasize on the oni form change (can't recall what its called). Definitely not like nioh 1 which I do think suffers from small enemy variety. Lots more talisman skill to mess around with.

From Soft just got lucky DS2 & Bloodborne felt different. Had the release been Demon's, DS1, DS3 and Elden Ring you could say they are just one trick phony.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39416 Posts
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:

That was added after i already quit the game, and burned out on it so heavily that i couldn't be paid to play it. I am just referring to the base game, you know, the reason you originally paid the $60 for.

Seems the game ended its lifecycle naturally then as u did everything possible in game before the update and dlc stuff. Really recommends u to play the DLC though it adds a lot of content like new weapons, new gear tier, abyss, and a really good continuation of story (and it can be cheap and frustratingly hard). They fixed the sloth talisman so you can't cheese bosses with it in the DLC, it will definitely give u a good time.

But I finally recall. That boss rush before we fight Nobunaga Oda is so cheap that one I 100% agree with you. that is so asss.

I had Nioh 2, which is essentially a dlc sold to you as a sequel. If that wasn't good enough for me, then the dlc's for the original game will certainly not cut it. Everything is too damn similar in their games. What you've seen in the first five hours, is what you'll be seeing by hour 30 AND the sequels.

I think Nioh 2 expanded the game well. Lots more enemy variety, weapons as well as more emphasize on the oni form change (can't recall what its called). Definitely not like nioh 1 which I do think suffers from small enemy variety. Lots more talisman skill to mess around with.

From Soft just got lucky DS2 & Bloodborne felt different. Had the release been Demon's, DS1, DS3 and Elden Ring you could say they are just one trick phony.

Nioh 2 expanded as well as an expansion would. And of course enemies variety would seem much bigger when there was literally zero variety in the original game. One of the worst i have seen in any game since the N64 era.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Makes sense I suppose...

lol :P

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

From what I've seen it doesn't look like team ninjas best work.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

LMAO SO DID ELDER RING

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

Can't wait for this game.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#107 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Eh, if sennheiser made a wireless set that had the same features and sound as the Xbox set, you’d be purring at so much on offer for 100 bucks.

Dude, I am the one that told Hardwenzen about the greatness that is Sennheiser. I don't he even had any because he was shitting on me for promoting them here.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:

Can't wait for this game.

Why? Just go back to 1997. Graphics look like a dumpster fire.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 hardwenzen  Online

@kvallyx said:
@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Eh, if sennheiser made a wireless set that had the same features and sound as the Xbox set, you’d be purring at so much on offer for 100 bucks.

Dude, I am the one that told Hardwenzen about the greatness that is Sennheiser. I don't he even had any because he was shitting on me for promoting them here.

I doubt you knew what Sennheiser was before me mentioning the brand on here a bunch of times.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

I doubt you knew what Sennheiser was before me mentioning the brand on here a bunch of times.

Nope. There was thread dedicated to headsets. I swooped in bragging about how my Sennheisers were better than the trash you were using. All you did was shit all over Sennheiser, probably because I was using better brand sets than you.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

What gameplay looks good about this game?

Like are there any mechanics or systems people think look good?

Noticed in the trailer alot of the combat has zoom in camera cutscenes in combat. Usually not a good sign

Lots of people saying they are looking forward to it.

Just curious why?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 hardwenzen  Online

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

Nope. There was thread dedicated to headsets. I swooped in bragging about how my Sennheisers were better than the trash you were using. All you did was shit all over Sennheiser, probably because I was using better brand sets than you.

I am sure you have that thread saved somewhere so i'll wait until you post that. But you won't because it didn't happen, and you're just trying your hardest to make it sound like i was the hater of the brand. Not gonna work, i am married to Sennheiser since 2011, so good luck.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#114 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

@hardwenzen: 2011? You mean you’re older than 13?

Sennheiser are known for producing quality headphones. That’s not the issue. The issue is you ragging on me for saying I was pleased with what $100 got me. You don’t get to say that with your history of gaming economics.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: 2011? You mean you’re older than 13?

Sennheiser are known for producing quality headphones. That’s not the issue. The issue is you ragging on me for saying I was pleased with what $100 got me. You don’t get to say that with your history of gaming economics.

You defended it. Did you see me defending the Sony headset? No. I shat on it because that's all these shitty headsets made to milk CoD dudebros deserve. You on the other hand, just because it says Xbox on the box, you automatically defend it, and justfify its worth. Even come up with BS saying that the HD599 are 20 years old, when you can clearly see on amazon that they were introduced in 2016. And to be pleased with something, you first need to having tested actual headphones worth talking about.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

And to be pleased with something, you first need to having tested actual headphones worth talking about.

Not true. You never played the games that you shit all over.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 sealionact

@hardwenzen: I couldn’t care less if it says Trump for President on it, but you only hate it because it was made by MS. If the same headset had the same features for $100 and Sennheiser made it, you wouldn’t say a dicky bird.

I had a crappy one by Turtle Beach….people couldn’t hear a word in chat. Searched for “Best wireless headset under $100” and the Xbox headset came up.

It can’t compete on an audio level with a dedicated pair of headphones designed for listening for music, but all I ever said (For over a year now) is that it represents fantastic value for money.

Again, the only reason you’re arguing with that is because it’s an MS headset, and that is consistent with your petty mindset.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: I couldn’t care less if it says Trump for President on it, but you only hate it because it was made by MS. If the same headset had the same features for $100 and Sennheiser made it, you wouldn’t say a dicky bird.

I had a crappy one by Turtle Beach….people couldn’t hear a word in chat. Searched for “Best wireless headset under $100” and the Xbox headset came up.

It can’t compete on an audio level with a dedicated pair of headphones designed for listening for music, but all I ever said (For over a year now) is that it represents fantastic value for money.

Again, the only reason you’re arguing with that is because it’s an MS headset, and that is consistent with your petty mindset.

If i only hated on it because its made by MS, i would be praising the Sony headset, which is so not true that i made some banned cow (don't recall his name) mad as f*ck because i kept telling him how dogshit his PS4 headset is🤷‍♂️Sennheiser isn't one of the best in the business, but THE best in the business when it comes to over the ear headphones, especially when it comes to open back headphones, which is what you want/need for gaming for superior soundstage. And i have also tried a shitton of quality headphones from audio technica, beyerdynamic, akg, grado, etc, etc, etc over the years, so i kinda know wtf i am talking about when its headphones related. You shitting on quality headphones from a quality brand because they look like they're from the early 2000's, while defend a piece of turd made by a company with zero experience in audio development is laughable.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 sealionact

@hardwenzen: I shat on you insisting that your solutions were better for what I wanted.

Those solutions included;

Used Headphones.

Headphones without a mic.

Standalone desktop mics.

More expensive headphones.

I asked you before and you weaselled out of the question; Where did I say Sennheiser were shit?

Your alternative solutions were shit, not Sennheiser.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: I shat on you insisting that your solutions were better for what I wanted.

Those solutions included;

Used Headphones.

Headphones without a mic.

Standalone desktop mics.

More expensive headphones.

I asked you before and you weaselled out of the question; Where did I say Sennheiser were shit?

Your alternative solutions were shit, not Sennheiser.

Your constant mention of a mic reminds me of my dudebro friends back in highschool when playing Halo 2 on XBL. The hell is wrong with you? A $30 clip on mic will sound generations ahead of what's on a shitty $100 headset. You keep repeating it again and again that the mic is important to you, but don't even understand how bad the mic is to begin with. And if you're THIS anal about your damn mic, Sennheiser makes headsets as well, and the mic ain't dumbster fire either (still inferior to a clip on mic, tho). So really, the Xbox headset has no reason to exist, its a waste of plastic.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Lol, why are you so obsessed with thinking your bizarre solutions are somehow better than what I’m happy with?

A frikking USB clip on mic with a 5 metre long cord, and another cord for the headphones that cost more than what I paid for mine?

Listen to yourself, it’s hysterical.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22837 Posts
Loading Video...

Bah... Was hoping this game would be a little more unique. The open world is showing nothing burger activities and the story is vapid. Gameplay still looks OK but seems this is team ninjas first attempt st open world and it shows.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 hardwenzen  Online

@TheEroica said:
Loading Video...

Bah... Was hoping this game would be a little more unique. The open world is showing nothing burger activities and the story is vapid. Gameplay still looks OK but seems this is team ninjas first attempt st open world and it shows.

Its just Nioh with flying and an Ubisoft open world. That's all Team Ninja is capable of making, regurgitating Nioh in what's popular, an open world setting.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 hardwenzen  Online

Ya'll watch the video @TheEroica posted above, and then watch this old ass game from 2018. And tell me this is OK.

Loading Video...
vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#125  Edited By vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8692 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
Loading Video...

Its just Nioh with flying and an Ubisoft open world. That's all Team Ninja is capable of making, regurgitating Nioh in what's popular, an open world setting.

I thought Nioh 1 & 2 + Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty were incredible games. WL was largely shown with an older build before release date, and the demo and final build were a night and day difference, so I expect that RotR will look a lot better when it's released this month.

When you mention regurgitation, I think of 90% of the Sony timed exclusives such as God of War 2018 and overrated Ragnarök, eight-hour Spider-Man 2, Uncharted and Horizon. I'm tired of their linear blockbuster titles and Ronin actually looks somewhat different from Sony's typical and contrived 200 million dollar third-person blueprint. Those games truly disgust me and none of them hold a candle to RDR2.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 hardwenzen  Online

@vgmkyle said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
Loading Video...

I thought Nioh 1 & 2 + Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty were incredible games. WL was largely shown with an older build before release date, and the demo and final build were a night and day difference, so I expect that RotR will look a lot better when it's released this month.

When you mention regurgitation, I think of 90% of the Sony timed exclusives such as God of War 2018 and overrated Ragnarök, eight-hour Spider-Man 2, Uncharted and Horizon. I'm tired of their linear blockbuster titles and Ronin actually looks somewhat different from Sony's typical and contrived 200 million dollar third-person blueprint. Those games truly disgust me and none of them hold a candle to RDR2.

I did not tell you to come to SW to bash my Sony games.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

@vgmkyle said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
Loading Video...

Game doesn't even look like Nioh.. looks more we like AC

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46492 Posts

I'm actually fine with Ubisoft open world design myself, but when more and more games start going in that direction:

• Ghost of Tsushima
  • Spiderman
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Gotham Knights
  • Watch Dogs
  • Far Cry

It starts getting a bit crowded.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22837 Posts
@sargentd said:
@vgmkyle said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
Loading Video...

Game doesn't even look like Nioh.. looks more we like AC

Definitely seems like an ac open world thus far. Hoping there are special reasons to be in that world because zero sum activities and padding sounds absolutly dreadful in 2024.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 KvallyX

How is this game 100GB, and it has no textures?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

@kvallyx said:

How is this game 100GB, and it has no textures?

It's all coded in Basic (Beginners' All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code). lol :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 R4gn4r0k  Online

Apart from the weak upscaling factor that I mentioned before I think the game looks absolutely fine from all the footage we've seen so far:

Asset quality, character models, hair rendering, fur rendering...

Not every game has to scream next gen. It's exhausting.

Comparisons to Rockstar games make no sense. They have a dozen studios and 1000s of people working on their games, as they are projected to sell way more than this Sony exclusive.

Oh and people are no doubt gonna be buying GTA VI several times, so it makes sense to invest more.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#133 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

At least the game is missing a certain generic type of people 😊

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 hardwenzen  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

Apart from the weak upscaling factor that I mentioned before I think the game looks absolutely fine from all the footage we've seen so far:

Comparisons to Rockstar games make no sense. They have a dozen studios and 1000s of people working on their games, as they are projected to sell way more than this Sony exclusive.

Oh and people are no doubt gonna be buying GTA VI several times, so it makes sense to invest more.

lol was this picture supposed to look "fine"? This looks omega ugly, even for Fromsoft standards. Their textures are literally from over 15 years ago, and lighting from the early 2010's.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 R4gn4r0k  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

lol was this picture supposed to look "fine"? This looks omega ugly, even for Fromsoft standards. Their textures are literally from over 15 years ago, and lighting from the early 2010's.

it's just a picture of a mountain in the background. It looks as much next gen, as it looks like a game from 1997.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

oof. As i've stated many times, Team Ninja is a very dumb developer. They have no idea what the hell they're doing. Imagine being known for building good combat systems, and then, you remove it completely for Wo Long, and in Rise of the Ronin, you just spam square for the whole weapon combo😆WHAT THE **** IS THAT? We are back at the NG3 days when they began pleasing the god damn casuals, and it ruined them for such a long time. Clueless.

Loading Video...