Scorn is coming out next month with DirectStorage, can we admit Sony made plenty of overblown promises?

• 75 results
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

This gen is an abomination to be honest. I know more gamers playing is a good thing. But it's offensive that two years in, all but a few games are cross gen.

What about all those who bought a PS5 and Series X? Why did they pay all that money just to play the same games with marginally better graphics.

What if there's only 4 years of this gen left? We wasted two years of it catering to ancient hardware. And last gen hardware is terrible by today's standards. A terrible CPU and a GTX 750. Last gen consoles need to be taken out the back and shot.

Avatar image for clockworkbanana
ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 ClockWorkBanana
Member since 2022 • 270 Posts

Remember when cows lost there minds over 8GB GDDR5 memory lol

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@Pedro: ok name a multiplat game in the krakken format that loads slower than the series x version.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12381 Posts

@cdragon_88:

Some folks won't ever admit it but, yes, it's absolutely clear that the design choice(s) were spot on.

Heck, Microsoft named their own solution "Velocity Architecture" yet PlayStation is always the one that gets called out for it. Why? Because they chose to ship with a faster SSD? That's where people draw the line on excessive PR talk?

Somehow people brushed off all of Microsoft's PR talk about ultra new tech that's going to blow everything away with Velocity Architecture, full RDNA2, VRS, mesh shaders etc. They were way more vocal about their tech and should be bashed significantly more for promising a 4K 60fps generation. If people want to point fingers then they should be critical about everyone involved.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@Pedro: are you an official Xbox ambassador? As in do you get paid for your posts in favour of defending Xbox?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8508 Posts

@cdragon_88 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@cdragon_88 said:

So yes, you mean. that sony's choice was correct............

No because it's not a game changer or a replacement for a faster GPU. It's only purpose is to serve as a kind of cache for memory because they didn't have enough memory. And as already explained it's neither proprietary or new that Cerny implied.

But their design choice was correct. So yes. That was what I was referring to.

Is it really PS's design choice if it existed before them and everyone has it? Yeah, don't think so. The issue is no one other than Sony hyped it like a game changer. They called their SSD is better than PC - false. They said their IO is a new way - again false. They said this would make the game design fundamentally different where you won't have any loading - false. And to top it all, their fanboys, even the so called tech literate one like teh NXCowGamer, ran wild with it saying how CPU/GPU is not relevant.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

PS5 is all smoke and mirrors, there isn't really enough features or exclusive games (even just next-gen only games, really) to justify its existence and $533 price. It's selling on hype and brand loyalty alone since the PS4 was such a great console. I am sure the effects of the COVID video game boom are still helping as well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#58 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

@randy_lahey said:

@Pedro: are you an official Xbox ambassador? As in do you get paid for your posts in favour of defending Xbox?

Now you are stalking me. 😂 Imagine being so triggered by me that you have to create an alt account to keep up.🤣'

@mysticaldonut said:

PS5 is all smoke and mirrors, there isn't really enough features or exclusive games (even just next-gen only games, really) to justify its existence and $533 price. It's selling on hype and brand loyalty alone since the PS4 was such a great console. I am sure the effects of the COVID video game boom are still helping as well.

Isn't that all Xbox and PlayStation consoles? Smoke and mirrors.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7059 Posts

I'm overall pleased with the load times on next gen consoles.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4389 Posts

@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

Now you are stalking me. 😂 Imagine being so triggered by me that you have to create an alt account to keep up.🤣'

@mysticaldonut said:

pretty much. i yet to see a ps5 in a store. i visted multi city. zero last 2 years.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3504 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness:

I think people make fun of PS5's SSD because how oversold it was.

Like it was going to push the GPU to the next level, process triangles and ALL that, plus the Unreal 5 demo hype that was only possible on the PS5... There was this moment of hype when fanboys were really losing it about the mystical powers of that SSD and it left a mark that will last the whole gen and probably beyond.

Xbox announcing that their GPU was going to feature some of the latest AMD tech is just factual. Of course if we had a similar overhype surrounding it people would make fun of it, like they did with the power of the cloud and such. But they have been pretty upfront and low key this gen. They built a solid console, that looks the part and it's extremely well built, so they made their lives easy this time.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MysticalDonut

@firedrakes said:
@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

@mysticaldonut said:

pretty much. i yet to see a ps5 in a store. i visted multi city. zero last 2 years.

Yes Xbox Series X/S is even more of a waste since they have nearly 0% exclusive content. Everything on Series X/S can be played on PS5, PC, Nintendo Switch or even on Xbox One/S/X.

This thread was specifically about PS5 though so I saw no relevance to mention Xbox.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MysticalDonut

@silentchief said:

It's insane how fast it is, especially if you're like me and regularly play on older devices. My PS5 is 2-3x the speed of my PS4, Xbox One S and PS3.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:
@silentchief said:

It's insane how fast it is, especially if you're like me and regularly play on older devices. My PS5 is 2-3x the speed of my PS4, Xbox One S and PS3.

ps5 fans are not allowed to be pleased with load times. because of all the hype yet it does what they said it does. load blindingly fast.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#65 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Juub1990: Its classic capitalism dude. It is the heart of the free market system, advertising. Sales hype is the go to of any new products success in the modern day. There isnt a big enough graphical leap these days to say look what can be done so it was the SSD that got the hype. And here we are 2 years in and nothing to show about it.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

I still don't understand OP's stance.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#68  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17908 Posts
@howmakewood said:

Not impressed. If they are using Direct Storage on Xbox, they should be using it on PC.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@BassMan: Yeah this is just bullcrap. Reminds me of those games (Biomutant recently) that launch with HDR on consoles and not PC.

Like comon guys, provide some options.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3504 Posts

@BassMan: PC just isn't powerful enough.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#71 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17908 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

@BassMan: PC just isn't powerful enough.

It lacks the secret sauce I guess.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@Juub1990: I think Sony has had a good year, and will go out with a bang in GoW:, Ragnarok

I am not all that interested in PS exclusives, but they are almost always well received (review-wise) and typically sell well.

Sony definately beat MS this year thanks to MS having to delay Redfall and Starfield.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#73 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

@howmakewood said:

Well that is ultra lame.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Sony lie

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#75 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16019 Posts

Imagine hyping up scorn lol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

Scorn is complete fucking asscheeks. You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves