NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

@davillain: you locked the wrong one 😆. My thread was created like 6 hours before this one.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3094 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

As someone who owns PSVR 1(sold now) & 2, and meta quest 2&3, I prefer meta quest 3. Sony hasn’t released much for it but 3rd party has. Nearly every game on meta is also on PSVR 2. If PSVR 3 has OLED, eye tracking, pancake lenses, decent pass through for AR and wireless, I may get it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts

If I were to buy a headset, sure as hell wouldn't get Sony's.

@Miyomatic said:

That said, RIP the greatest handheld ever made, the PS Vita.

Always find that a weird statement. Vita had like 5 good games. Nintendo handhelds existed.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2085 Posts

@Litchie said:

If I were to buy a headset, sure as hell wouldn't get Sony's.

@Miyomatic said:

That said, RIP the greatest handheld ever made, the PS Vita.

Always find that a weird statement. Vita had like 5 good games. Nintendo handhelds existed.

Can't lie loved the PSP but also I never actually played very many PS games on it so you know.....

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1906 Posts

I knew this would flop. Shit like this is why I hopped off the Sony bandwagon. They keep milking their cows and making less of the games I enjoy. No one cares about VR right now. No one cares about anything that isn't a traditional Sony console. No idea why they keep doing this to themselves.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Phony's going outta bidness sale. lolol :P

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1407 Posts

Un-Luckey for VR and videogaming as a whole, open-platform idiocy has strucketh again.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#58  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@palasta said:

Un-Luckey for VR and videogaming as a whole, open-platform idiocy has strucketh again.

Reality disagrees.🤭

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

@Litchie: Anyone who says it is strictly referring to the hardware, including myself. The point is Sony always releases amazing hardware but fails to support it with games.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@Miyomatic said:

@Litchie: Anyone who says it is strictly referring to the hardware, including myself. The point is Sony always releases amazing hardware but fails to support it with games.

Maybe in TV's and Audio hardware.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 682 Posts

For me personally VR is a pointless gimmick and a waste of time - I have had no interest in it from the start and Sony has never released any games that would even interest me in buying it. More than enough on normal gaming to fill my time.

This will be Sony's Kinect.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts
@Miyomatic said:

Aight, can understand that. What was "amazing" with the Vita hardware? The screen?

Guess the hardware was ok, but Sony usually have quite a lot of other negatives. OLED could get burn in. Their memory cards cost 10x more than they should. It had no games. The buttons didn't feel great and the stick could drift after a while of use.

All of those are big problems for me.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1407 Posts

@Pedro said:
@palasta said:

Reality disagrees.🤭

?

So you seriously think the VR headsets (up to the latest generation) were actually ready for the consumer market and amateur games development didn't contribute to the perception of mass low quality software?

Ok, if that is the reality playing in your head...

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#64 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4580 Posts

Maybe if Sony had released more first party games for it, didn't price it to be more expensive than the console required to use it during a time when people don't want to spend money, and maybe if they actually advertised it, maybe then, it would have sold better. Relying on 3rd party and indie developers to create games that have no brand or mainstream recognition on a device that costs a minimum of $950 to play just doesn't seem like a good business plan for success. I may pick one up on a fire sale since I cancelled my preorder just before it shipped. I wanted to see what Sony would do for support, and I am happy I waited.

Then there is the Quest as an option/competition which my buddy prefers over the PSVR2 due to the pancake lenses. He has both, I only have the PSVR1 and didn't really like it at all with the screen door effect it had. Meta actually advertises the Quest too.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

Pretending to be surprised

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

I feel like VR doesn't get the respect it deserves. But consumers don't seem to care. PlayStation has the metrics to support this. So why launch a headset they KNEW was DOA? Then again PlayStation launched a streaming only handheld... Why PlayStation isn't the 3rd place company will always confuse me...

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

@Litchie said:
@Miyomatic said:

Aight, can understand that. What was "amazing" with the Vita hardware? The screen?

Guess the hardware was ok, but Sony usually have quite a lot of other negatives. OLED could get burn in. Their memory cards cost 10x more than they should. It had no games. The buttons didn't feel great and the stick could drift after a while of use.

All of those are big problems for me.

I don't get where you get off critizising the buttons. They're excellent and clicky. Form factor is great as well overall I really feel like it's the perfect size for a handheld. Switch is a huge dissapointment with its comparitively mushy buttons and lack of a d-pad. Sure I got a lot of use out of it as a commute daily driver but I'd often think during any game how much better it would be if I got to play it in an alternate world where the Vita was succesful.

Also OLED burnin paranoia is just LCD marketing hype more than anything else really. You'd probably get enough hours in your handheld to cause the battery to eventually fail in either the Switch OLED or Vita oled before the screen got burn in and by then you've gotten an excellent value over the product life cycle and it's likely time to move on.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

I feel like VR doesn't get the respect it deserves. But consumers don't seem to care. PlayStation has the metrics to support this. So why launch a headset they KNEW was DOA? Then again PlayStation launched a streaming only handheld... Why PlayStation isn't the 3rd place company will always confuse me...

Because they are content with second place.