Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#51 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

@Litchie: I think Nintendo has been doing a good job with constant Switch releases, thanks to combining their console and handheld output to one. I just think they aren't as memorable as their releases during the 2010s.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#52 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

@Litchie: @Willy105:

That's what happens when those are the top sellers. Like come on... same thing for, well, Nintendo IPs period. Hence the "only buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo GAMES" talking point.

Maybe if buyers of Nintendo platforms actually put their money where their mouth is for once, even FOR Nintendo IPs, considering original Mario and Metroid games WERE released for the platform.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

It still amazes me that Witcher 3 with all the DLC is on the switch it's an amazing achievement.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34773 Posts
@Willy105 said:

@Litchie: I think Nintendo has been doing a good job with constant Switch releases, thanks to combining their console and handheld output to one. I just think they aren't as memorable as their releases during the 2010s.

Yeah, I don't have the numbers of games they've released now compared to the 3DS era so I guess I shouldn't say too much about that. But I seriously have no idea how such big franchises like Donkey Kong doesn't get any game for a whole generation (Mario vs DK doesn't count). I get the "why create new games when we can sell old ones?" point Nintendo had for Switch, but I hate it. If Wii U never happened, I'd probably enjoy the Switch way more than I do.

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Litchie: @Willy105:

That's what happens when those are the top sellers. Like come on... same thing for, well, Nintendo IPs period. Hence the "only buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo GAMES" talking point.

Maybe if buyers of Nintendo platforms actually put their money where their mouth is for once, even FOR Nintendo IPs, considering original Mario and Metroid games WERE released for the platform.

Didn't they though? Dread sold great last I heard, best selling Metroid ever. Their original Mario games sold great too, so I'm not sure what your point is. Would Nintendo release a new F-Zero, after fans have been screaming for such a game for years, and new fans have been made because of F-Zero 99, it would probably sell great too. You make it sound like there's millions of Nintendo fans screaming for games that they don't have any intention of buying. I don't know why you do that.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Litchie: For most anything that doesn't feature a plumber, a Hylian hero, and kids with monsters. Maybe with a pink alien or a bounty hunter. No.

F-Zero 99 is tied to a s***y service. Hard to call that a comeback.

You're probably happy to know Advance Wars failed to chart, based on past arguments. So did the Trace Memory (one of which for a sequel that didn't localize in NA, mind you) collection. The second Mario + Rabbids bombed in Ubisoft's face.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34773 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

F-Zero 99 is tied to a s***y service. Hard to call that a comeback.

I would definitely not call that a comeback of the series, no. But it opened up F-Zero to new people, and many played and enjoyed it, and many were talking about it. Would've been a good time to make a new one.

@nintendoboy16 said:

You're probably happy to know Advance Wars failed to chart, based on past arguments. So did the Trace Memory (one of which for a sequel that didn't localize in NA, mind you) collection. The second Mario + Rabbids bombed in Ubisoft's face.

Hearing lazy ports and remasters (or downgrades, in Advance Wars case) fail to sell a lot does please me, yes. Would they be best sellers we'd get more lazy ports and remasters.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#57 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

@Litchie: Yeah, people who never had a Wii U probably do consider the Switch to be one of the greatest game systems ever made. And we can see that they do, in great numbers.

But for me, who had a Wii U, its a lot less impressive.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 nintendoboy16

@Willy105: Don't know. Considering there was TOO much indie/third party support, some Nintendo IPs, etc missing in Wii U. Hell, even the 3DS was a step down from DS.