System wars Lounge V89: (Chicken Salt edition)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1151  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59181 Posts

@Macutchi: Watch Tales Of The Empire?

I def don't think it's good as Tales Of The Jedi, but not bad either. Still better than live action slop.

My main problem was the Morgan Elsbeth section. It starts off well. But it doesn't feel like it has a peak point like Dooku or Ahsoka from TOJ.

I get what it's going for, like a kid witnessing their dad beating their mother, grow up to repeat the cycle of abuse. Which is a great idea to use her for as she's just, not fleshed out at all in live action.

Got the repeated images of fire and destruction, but it falls flat for me it kinda feels more like it's slotting into place that Mando episode than being its own thing.

The Kenco Coffee part is far better. and itself would have made an excellent movie or video game. And ties in actually quite perfectly with Morgan Elsbeth where it's rejecting the cycle. Not as dramatic or memorable as Tales Of Jedi finals but I like that it didn't just copy paste it and done something different.

It also made a nothing burger but from a bad show actually a character which was quite funny.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1152  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39409 Posts
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: The majority of people see ER as a SP game though, invading someone's game or someone invading yours is hardly worthy of being called MP, it would get boring real quick.

I reckon if you made a thread asking those who played ER did they play the pvp mode most will say no.

Majority? Yes, but when you have over 20M players, even the minority is a massive number. And if you want to 100% the game like i did, this is hundreds of hours on its own (without guides obviously).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1153 uninspiredcup

@Macutchi: Another thing liked as well was how visually in the final chapter they made Barriss Offee have a similar visual appearance of the old woman from Chapter 1. Repeating the sequence with the Grand Inquisitor, swapping the context around.

Seeing some people complaining it wasn't like TOTJ because it didn't have her die or a big fight scene to conclude it. But think the story-telling in the Barriss Offee section is miles better than Ahsokas in TOTJ.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1154  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10503 Posts

@uninspiredcup: no, didn't realise it was out yet. i watched dune 2 last night (stunning, really wish i'd have gone to watch it at the cinema, as big as my tv is it still felt too small to do it justice). ill get onto tales asap, will read your thoughts on it soon as i do

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1155  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50617 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: The majority of people see ER as a SP game though, invading someone's game or someone invading yours is hardly worthy of being called MP, it would get boring real quick.

I reckon if you made a thread asking those who played ER did they play the pvp mode most will say no.

Majority? Yes, but when you have over 20M players, even the manority is a massive number. And if you want to 100% the game like i did, this is hundreds of hours on its own (without guides obviously).

Heh, don't forget about getting help from others against bosses or levels.

That's MP too and I'd be surprised if many didn't use it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1156 hardwenzen

@Chutebox said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Majority? Yes, but when you have over 20M players, even the manority is a massive number. And if you want to 100% the game like i did, this is hundreds of hours on its own (without guides obviously).

Heh, don't forget about getting help from others against bosses or levels.

That's MP too and I'd be surprised if many didn't use it.

Yup, and even those that don't care about pvp, if they play in coop, they get invaded and do pvp even if they don't want to.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1157  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6430 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Majority? Yes, but when you have over 20M players, even the minority is a massive number. And if you want to 100% the game like i did, this is hundreds of hours on its own (without guides obviously).

You assume that everyone who bought the game still owns it which is NEVER the case with any game. Millions would have finished it (and indeed didn't finish it because they didn't like it) and moved on. And you don't play it anymore which is the perfect example of what i'm saying. While yes you will go back once the dlc drops, then tire of it and move on again.

So saying over 20 million players is being you being deliberately dishonest.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1158 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

You assume that everyone who bought the game still owns it which is NEVER the case with any game. Millions would have finished it (and indeed didn't finish it because they didn't like it) and moved on. And you don't play it anymore which is the perfect example of what i'm saying. While yes you will go back once the dlc drops, then tire of it and move on again.

Again, it doesn't matter if not all 20M are playing. Obviously not, but this is a game people, including casuals, play for a very long time. The likes of me do it for pvp, try builds, do duels, etc. Casuals replay the game a bunch of times to keep leveling up their character, and most do it in coop, so they can be invaded and participate in pvp if they want or not. Even tho i haven't played the game in a year, i do follow multiple streamers on twitch that do nothing but pvp, and invasions take 5-15sec on average. When its this quick, you know damn well this game is still extremely populated (will only increase when we approach the dlc) even over two years in without any content. What we call a game with massive legs.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1159 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Again, it doesn't matter if not all 20M are playing. Obviously not, but this is a game people, including casuals, play for a very long time. The likes of me do it for pvp, try builds, do duels, etc. Casuals replay the game a bunch of times to keep leveling up their character, and most do it in coop, so they can be invaded and participate in pvp if they want or not. Even tho i haven't played the game in a year, i do follow multiple streamers on twitch that do nothing but pvp, and invasions take 5-15sec on average. When its this quick, you know damn well this game is still extremely populated (will only increase when we approach the dlc) even over two years in without any content. What we call a game with massive legs.

You're the hardest hardcore ER fan on here and yet you STOPPED playing it a while ago and yet think it has legs, and say casuals still play it for a long time, that's what you call grasping for straws lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1160 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

You're the hardest hardcore ER fan on here and yet you STOPPED playing it a while ago and yet think it has legs, and say casuals still play it for a long time, that's what you call grasping for straws lol.

Almost 900h with no new content is enough. Have been recharging my batteries for the last year, and they're almost fully charged, so when the dlc is out, i will live inside ER.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1161 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Excuses, excuses, the only reason you have 900hrs is because you buy 1 or 2 games a year, so you have no choice but to play them for hundreds of hours otherwise you would have nothing to play at all.

But. but i'm recharging my batteries LMFAO.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1162 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Excuses, excuses, the only reason you have 900hrs is because you buy 1 or 2 games a year, so you have no choice but to play them for hundreds of hours otherwise you would have nothing to play at all.

But. but i'm recharging my batteries LMFAO.

Big difference between not having a choice, and wanting to play the game you care most about. Sorry for such a powerful revelation.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1163 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

Kendrick Lamar is having a field day against Audrey "Drake" Graham... and I don't normally care about rap feuds, but I love to see it.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1164 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: You care so much you shelved the game 🤦‍♂️

It's fun seeing you trying to grasp at straws for this game 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1165 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

@Maroxad never forget that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1166 uninspiredcup

He's right, they didn't have flat-tops.

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1167 hardwenzen

God damn this show was an 11/10.

Loading Video...
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1168  Edited By hardwenzen

Saw Godzilla Minus One, and didn't like it. The writing and acting was ultra anime, and not exactly what i want to see from a "monster" movie. Yet again, disappointed by one of these monster movies. Feels like i will never get what i want to see. Too damn family friendly, give me R rated destruction.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1169  Edited By Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: all caught up. wow. brilliant. incredible how so much is packed into 6 tiny episodes.

@uninspiredcup said:

@Macutchi: Watch Tales Of The Empire?

I def don't think it's good as Tales Of The Jedi, but not bad either. Still better than live action slop.

My main problem was the Morgan Elsbeth section. It starts off well. But it doesn't feel like it has a peak point like Dooku or Ahsoka from TOJ.

I get what it's going for, like a kid witnessing their dad beating their mother, grow up to repeat the cycle of abuse. Which is a great idea to use her for as she's just, not fleshed out at all in live action.

Got the repeated images of fire and destruction, but it falls flat for me it kinda feels more like it's slotting into place that Mando episode than being its own thing.

The Kenco Coffee part is far better. and itself would have made an excellent movie or video game. And ties in actually quite perfectly with Morgan Elsbeth where it's rejecting the cycle. Not as dramatic or memorable as Tales Of Jedi finals but I like that it didn't just copy paste it and done something different.

It also made a nothing burger but from a bad show actually a character which was quite funny.

disclaimer - i dont know anything about these characters and the underlying lore, other than recognising the name morgan elsbeth from ahsoka.

to me, the peak point of her tale was the initiation into the empire by thrawn at the end of episode 2.

him materialising as the puppet master who orchestrated the demonstration of her ability showed her importance to the empire, that someone of his seniority was personally getting involved.

him pressing her again to tell why she sought imperial favour and her response that it was revenge which motivated her and how anger being her strength is what she offered the empire and his "offer accepted" was brilliant.

and then turning to see the three star destroyers approaching and the look on her face when thrawn said they were at her disposal and "long live the empire" was the look of someone no longer running in fear. someone who had found their home as thrawn's lieutenant. that was the "peak" of her tale to me.

i'm still trying to figure out what the difference was between her anger and lyn's. maybe lyn was so consumed by anger she was in denial about her true feelings. whereas morgan had no internal conflicts. not sure. there's a lot to unpack lol.

i need to go back and watch ahsoka now i know morgan's background and how she was personally inducted to the empire by thrawn

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1170  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Macutchi: Very much the opposite. I liked the opening episode, but the problem had with 2/3 was that it felt like it was establishing things I already know. I know she's with Thrawn, I know she was ruling over them, I knew the planet would be turned into a factory and I know Ahsoka would come.

Maybe opinion will change on a re-watch but 2/3 def didn't do it for me.

One thing did like especially in the first episode was the ending where the old mountain woman declares she's on a set path. Which ties into Lyn in the final episodes with the cave where she's literally trapped to the point she'll die and was warned she will die. Fear is your master. It's like le poetry, they rhyme.

You're right about how much they managed to put in. The later half was 15 odd minute each, which is, or under a single episode of a live action show?

Think of something like Obi-One where Reva had 8 episodes. And then compare it to the stuff Empire managed to get across with Barriss Offee where it starts at ROTS and ends at some point after A New Hope where she's literally an old woman.

This scene as well also reminded me of Obi-One, except one is a stunning piece of animation that's got emotional heft to it, and the other looks flat, ugly and boring as ****, a low grade fan-movie designed to please plebs.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1171  Edited By Macutchi

just watched ufc 301 from last night.

something a bit tragic about this image of 37 year old ufc veteran jose aldo.

compare to a 35 year old khabib, retired undefeated goat at 31

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1172 Last_Lap

I didn't get to see Backlash live but I watched the highlighrs and the crowd was insane.

WWE even put up a 12min video of just the crowd, gotta give it to the French as they know how to rock a stadium at the Wrestling.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1173 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

@last_lap: Watched most of it yesterday and going to watch the rest tonight. Pretty good show. The crowd was fantastic indeed.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1174  Edited By Macutchi
@uninspiredcup said:

@Macutchi: Very much the opposite. I liked the opening episode, but the problem had with 2/3 was that it felt like it was establishing things I already know. I know she's with Thrawn, I know she was ruling over them, I knew the planet would be turned into a factory and I know Ahsoka would come.

see i didn't know all her backstory. benefits of being a casual.

i really liked it, thought the delivery was great. her path told through the episode titles - the path of fear, the path of anger, the path of hate and it tying into the famous yoda quote "fear is the path to the dark side, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

her anger is weaponised by the empire and at the end of ep2 we see her looking dispassionately down at the frightened villagers she magistrates over and feeling nothing just anger and desire for revenge.

then by the end of ep3 that hate is burnt into her being, fittingly against the backdrop of fire. and then comes suffering. she'd literally burn the world to the ground to achieve her goals.

as she speaks to her people she tells them "i understand you must be frightened" - how her tale began, suggests the cycle will repeat - and then "the fires will keep on burning" i.e this is who she is now. she won't stop. she's cruel and beyond redemption. le symbolism as you would say. it's a bleak conclusion.

then the contrast against lyn and barriss's tale where ultimately there is redemption. and yeah because of that, the second part has a more satisfying arc conclusion, not even got into how good that last episode is, and yes it embarrasses just about any live action disney has made.

brilliant show

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#1175 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24998 Posts

@last_lap said:

I didn't get to see Backlash live but I watched the highlighrs and the crowd was insane.

WWE even put up a 12min video of just the crowd, gotta give it to the French as they know how to rock a stadium at the Wrestling.

wrestlemania season is over. wrestling is boring now.

Cody rhodes is boring and robotic.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1176 Ghosts4ever  Online

@uninspiredcup: So cup, I tried No one lives forever again after long time. wanted to play james bond spy like game while wating of IO 007 game. and always PC gamers claiming its masterpiece and such.

Its not really a good game at all. its pretty bad. the shooting is awful so AI. and its from monlith who made best possible FPS FEAR.

and LOL the game had incredibly long cutscenes.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1177 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: Yep, done nothing for me either. Only thing has going for it is it's Bond theme gimmick, and if I wanted Bond styled games play Splinter Cell for the gadgets and Hitman 2 for the globe trotting.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1178 Last_Lap

@ghosts4ever said:
@last_lap said:

wrestlemania season is over. wrestling is boring now.

Cody rhodes is boring and robotic.

That's your opinion, and if you don't like it then don't watch it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1179 Ghosts4ever  Online

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Yep, done nothing for me either. Only thing has going for it is it's Bond theme gimmick, and if I wanted Bond styled games play Splinter Cell for the gadgets and Hitman 2 for the globe trotting.

Robocop is soo good that after playing it even most of old games feel flat. especially going back to NOLF after robocop is laughably bad experience lol.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1180  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8445 Posts
Loading Video...

This aged well.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1181 Ghosts4ever  Online

@uninspiredcup: Cup, Rewatched casino royale. theres plenty of action. its far more action packed than any of connery or moore movie and action done absolutely best.

first hour was full of action until they play poker. then still action.

beside its one of the top 3 bond movie. the only movie show bond origin and was reboot.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1182 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: You're free to have this tier, I know a lot of people like it, for me just find it very boring and not something return to.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1183 Ghosts4ever  Online
Loading Video...

Reveal trailer. spoil whole movie premise and story. whats the point lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1184 uninspiredcup

The Count Of Del Monte is just Oldboy with less incest and more boring.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1185 Ghosts4ever  Online

@uninspiredcup said:

they are different. monte cristo was poor man imprison and betray by his friend, then become rich and get revennge. heard the storry many time in high school also watched 2002 movie with young henry cavil.

oldboy is just depressing to watch movie. although it was kinda predictable girl might be his daughter but after thier sexual relation I figure may not then surprised by reveal.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1186 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

they are different. monte cristo was poor man imprison and betray by his friend, then become rich and get revennge. heard the storry many time in high school also watched 2002 movie with young henry cavil.

oldboy is just depressing to watch movie. although it was kinda predictable girl might be his daughter but after thier sexual relation I figure may not then surprised by reveal.

Eat he eat squid or learn kung fu?

No. There you go.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1187 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50617 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Never realized the boy was Henry until you said that.

The movie is also very good. Love it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1188  Edited By hardwenzen

Last_Lap i want your hard hitting reaction to this

Loading Video...
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1189  Edited By uninspiredcup

Morning poo.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1190 Ghosts4ever  Online

@uninspiredcup: Cup, Last of us part 1 is good game I will be replaying it again.

no its not masterpiece or something. just a good game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1191 uninspiredcup

Glad it has your extremely tepid endorsement my friend.

Generally don't care about this franchise, fairly apathetic.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1192 hardwenzen
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1193 Ghosts4ever  Online

@uninspiredcup said:

Glad it has your extremely tepid endorsement my friend.

Generally don't care about this franchise, fairly apathetic.

dont care about second game at all. its gone woken. first game not bad.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1194  Edited By uninspiredcup

Shardlake was quite mid but quite liked the character. Might read the books, probably better. 7 of the bastards.

Shogun next.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1195 hardwenzen

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1196 Ghosts4ever  Online

@uninspiredcup: Watched spectre. so they connected entire craig saga lol. ruined them. its boring movie. waltz could be best blofeld since he is excellent actor. played best possible villain in inglorious besterds.

but they wasted him. could play different villain.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1197  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: Madeleine Swann is also the worst Bond girl. No connection between them,. And get her again in "Thank God I Can finally Die".

In fact, Tracy, literally dead, and not even in the movie displays more of a connection with multiple Bonds. This is something you'll notice if you're watching them all. Kept canon all the way up to Casino Royal. And then Casino Royal copy-pastes it. As does No Time To Dies limp ending.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_Bond

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1198 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

God loves money

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1199 Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: what does morgan elsbeth do in between tales of the empire and ahsoka? anything interesting? vaguely remember her from that episode of the mandalorian with ahsoka but can't remember how that played out. assume she must or she wouldn't have had three episodes dedicated to her origin story like that

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1200 uninspiredcup

@Macutchi: Unless missed a comic, or book or something, that's it. Partly why didn't enjoy it as much as the second half. I like the first episode a lot, but generally massively prefer the Barriss Offee latter half.

Read some absolutely smooth brain takes on Twitter. "she should have fought Vader!", "She should have fought Ahsoka!", "She shouldn't have been good!", "She should have died!"...

Like, braindead stuff, and this is made with children in mind but they can't even comprehend basic bitch story-telling. Just want to see light-saber flashing around, as many as possible. Not enough Vader! Dur.

Think the Dooku stuff in TOTJ is the best of these, but Barriss Offee story directly next to it. Again, this is just my opinion, I know you liked the Morgan stuff far more than me.

One thing I liked as well, which was a huge problem in Clone Wars, General Grievous. In CW he's a bumbling idiot. In the Clone Wars 2003 (i.e. Samurai Jack guy series) the very first time we see him on-screen prior to CW, which includes a different voice, the character is actually threatening. Which it seems the (new) animation team fixed.

Loading Video...