Ten Ways to Improve the Wii

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

1. Make widescreen support mandatory for all Wii games.

2. Quality screen the PS2 ports. If your game looks the same on the Wii as it does on the PS2, we don't want it. Nintendo has this power, they should use it.

3. Online ranking, online *now* - start with the Mario Sports games, bundle the ability to play against "strangers" with a rank system. Matchmaking won't be based on rank, but "leveling up" for playing lots of games - it will be a nice reward for hardcore gamers.

4. Clean up the party - enough party games, the third parties have it more than covered - we don't need a dozen tech demos on the market when Wii Sports comes bundled already.

5. Where's Mario - no seriously, Galaxies, Paper, and Kart are mandatory games to get out ASAP.

6. Smash Bros ... worldwide, regional, and local  leaderboards - ok Nintendo?

7. Special Editions in the US / UK - seriously, stop keeping the cool consoles in JPN this generation. There are *plenty* of Nintendo fanboys who would pay anything for a Shigeru Miyamoto signature "Triforce Wii".

8. Make Dolby Pro Logic II support mandatory for all games.

9. Colors

10. Metroid Prime Online multiplayer - CTF, Slayer, King of the Hill, Assassins, et cetera. Please, don't repeat MP2...
S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 S0DA_POPINSKI
Member since 2006 • 1582 Posts

1. Online play.

2. Better games on the VC

Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts

2. Quality screen the PS2 ports. If your game looks the same on the Wii as it does on the PS2, we don't want it. Nintendo has this power, they should use it.

3. Online ranking, online *now* - start with the Mario Sports games, bundle the ability to play against "strangers" with a rank system. Matchmaking won't be based on rank, but "leveling up" for playing lots of games - it will be a nice reward for hardcore gamers.

4. Clean up the party - enough party games, the third parties have it more than covered - we don't need a dozen tech demos on the market when Wii Sports comes bundled already.

5. Where's Mario - no seriously, Galaxies, Paper, and Kart are mandatory games to get out ASAP.

7. Special Editions in the US / UK - seriously, stop keeping the cool consoles in JPN this generation. There are *plenty* of Nintendo fanboys who would pay anything for a Shigeru Miyamoto signature "Triforce Wii".

9. Colors

10. Metroid Prime Online multiplayer - CTF, Slayer, King of the Hill, Assassins, et cetera. Please, don't repeat MP2...subrosian
I agree. And more FPS's. The Wii Mote enhances them quite a bit.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 subrosian

1. Online play.

S0DA_POPINSKI
You don't agree with any of the other ones?
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Two things, numbers 7 and 9. Colors: just look at the GC and their handhelds. Special Editions, since I'm a collector.
Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
1 thing

1:1 MOTION SENSING

that is all.
Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts
I agree with everything you said.
aaron6581230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aaron6581230
Member since 2005 • 2133 Posts

1 thing

1:1 MOTION SENSING

that is all.
Hammerofjustice

What does that even mean?

Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Metroid_Time
Member since 2006 • 2225 Posts
You have some really awesome ideas. I agree with all of them.
S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 S0DA_POPINSKI
Member since 2006 • 1582 Posts
[QUOTE="S0DA_POPINSKI"]

1. Online play.

subrosian
You don't agree with any of the other ones?

well online play goes with a couple of them. Better games on the VC is important to me as I am old school. But yeah wasnt disagreeing with you just posting my own thoughts. I agree with most everything you said :P
redban2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 redban2
Member since 2006 • 496 Posts
One thing Wii needs is a true MLB game. It's a joke that PS2 is getting one and Wii isn't.
BigBadButters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BigBadButters
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
very good. and i hope no one takes this as an insult to the wii i take it as constructive criticism. any product ever has room for improvment. luckily most of those are updateable by download or can just be released later. also on a side note.
the subrosians were the greatest made up race ever. Zelda Oracle of Seasons is my 3rd favourite Zelda game and it is so awesome. i never thought u would have to walk link through a date and do a dance school. Capcom are a bunch of crazy devs.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

One thing Wii needs is a true MLB game. It's a joke that PS2 is getting one and Wii isn't.redban2

the big leauge is the only big game but i rather have a real game.

i think two take sports will make one but wont come out till later

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 subrosian
very good. and i hope no one takes this as an insult to the wii i take it as constructive criticism. any product ever has room for improvment. luckily most of those are updateable by download or can just be released later. also on a side note.
the subrosians were the greatest made up race ever. Zelda Oracle of Seasons is my 3rd favourite Zelda game and it is so awesome. i never thought u would have to walk link through a date and do a dance school. Capcom are a bunch of crazy devs.
BigBadButters
Yes, yes they are. The connectivity between the two GBC Zeldas was great too ... ah those were happy times! Yes, this is all constructive criticism - I wouldn't ask Nintendo to bring over special editions if I wasn't going to be the first person in line to buy one. Honestly I'd like to see some of the special release DS Lites come stateside, my DS' D-Pad has been through so much abuse thanks to Castlevania that pressing up on it is a bit rough now. The number of games not supporting widescreen, and Nintendo not bringing the hammer down on lazy devs is frustrating though. Twilight Princess did a beautiful job of making SDTV and HDTV owners happy, it's sad to see other games choose not to.

Oh and congrats on recognizing the Subrosians... I just like them because they're a kind of old-school archetype you don't see a lot of anymore, kind of akin to really old PC adventure games, or black mages in early JRPGs. I've met a lot of Nintendo fans who don't recognize them.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wavebrid

9. Colors

10. Metroid Prime Online multiplayer - CTF, Slayer, King of the Hill, Assassins, et cetera. Please, don't repeat MP2...subrosian

1. not everyone has wide screen but there Opiton should be there

2. now i rather not let Nitnendo say something beacsue if they do 3rd partys will walk away.

3. online takes time to make xbla didnt become pouploar till about a year

4. No everyone enjoys party games rayman, wii sports, wii play , mario party 8 those are the only ones i can think off.

5. dont want your big guns after you just launch

6. sorry but i disagree

7. that dosent matter it depands on the taste in usa/uk  

8. i agreee

9. colors wtf....  if you mean the white console you want black or red? ok i understand but let nintendo catch up to demand first before they make color systems.

Not bad though :)

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wavebrid

BigBadButters

hopefully not but i like to deabte anyways :) its fun ^.^

fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fedameda
Member since 2005 • 2340 Posts
1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIII
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cpt_Meh
1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIIIfedameda
Well I'm glad they accomplished that step. I don't think you've read how efficient the Wii's tech really is. Maybe educate yourself a bit, and come back with an argument.
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts

9. Colors

I would personally would have wanted games that aren't graphically pretty. If they were fun..The more the merrier.
fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fedameda
[QUOTE="fedameda"]1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIIICpt_Meh
Well I'm glad they accomplished that step. I don't think you've read how efficient the Wii's tech really is. Maybe educate yourself a bit, and come back with an argument.

effecient? its little more then a modified G3. Who cares thats its more effective per clock then the 360 and PS3, both have enough hertz ratings to render the Wii a pathetically obsolete console. Both can feed their processors with far more bandwidth then the wii. Come back when you at least are using something based off of a G4.
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cpt_Meh
[QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"]1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIIIfedameda

effecient? its little more then a modified G3. Who cares thats its more effective per clock then the 360 and PS3, both have enough hertz ratings to render the Wii a pathetically obsolete console. Both can feed their processors with far more bandwidth then the wii. Come back when you at least are using something based off of a G4.

Hahahahahahaha.... By efficient, I mean it's own processor doesn't bottleneck itself. Just a SLIGHT oversight on Sony's part. I realize the Wii isn't nearly as powerful as the PS3/360, but you act as if it's a step back from the Dreamcast or something.
fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fedameda
[QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"]1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIIICpt_Meh

Hahahahahahaha.... By efficient, I mean it's own processor doesn't bottleneck itself. Just a SLIGHT oversight on Sony's part. I realize the Wii isn't nearly as powerful as the PS3/360, but you act as if it's a step back from the Dreamcast or something.

Its not, for all purposes it is as strong as a dream cast. All Nintendo did was a die shrink and increase clock rates. The bandwidth the the CPU probably hasn;t changed as dramitcally as the clock rate has. It probably will bottleneck itself, its a problem all G3-G5 chips have
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wavebrid

[QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"]1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIIIfedameda

Its not, for all purposes it is as strong as a dream cast. All Nintendo did was a die shrink and increase clock rates. The bandwidth the the CPU probably hasn;t changed as dramitcally as the clock rate has. It probably will bottleneck itself, its a problem all G3-G5 chips have

god you know nothing do you

come back when you know what your talking about nvm..... you never come back

fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fedameda

[QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"]1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIIIwavebrid

This coming from a person who probably doesn't know what a G3 even is.
Dont cut and paste an article about the G3 from wikipedia
klabut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 klabut
Member since 2006 • 3264 Posts

1. Online play.

S0DA_POPINSKI
I think the VC has some pretty good games on it but looking at all the other Nintendo there are so many more that need to be added.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 subrosian
[QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"]1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIIIfedameda

This isn't a technical specifications thread, we're not talking about things Nintendo could have done, we're talking about what Nintendo can do, going forward, to make it the best console it can. Obviously the Wii could have been based on a more powerful architecture (at greater cost) - Nintendo chose not to do that, and so far that strategy seems to be paying off. Sony chose to use a more expensive (and powerful) architecture, but as a business they may spend years recouping the loss from doing so. At the same time, do you really feel that Nintendo would be wise to go head-to-head with Sony and Microsoft to have the most powerful online platform? What advantage is there in having the best hardware if it losses your company money? Nintendo has taken an alternative route this generation - one I've argued against in the past myself, but this thread is neither the time nor the place to criticize them for it.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"]1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIIIfedameda

wonder where you got that idea :o :|

16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts
Cheaper VC
Get rid, rid, rid of FCs
hiho24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hiho24
Member since 2005 • 4052 Posts
Buy a 360 or quit complaining.  Nintendo doesnt need to hear about how to improve the Wii when its doing so successful.  Sure there is room for improvement but then again Nintendo is it's own company and doesnt need to hear about it from you.  Obviously they arent stupid, and they will put in what they see fit for their budget.  They are not like Sony and Microsoft and they dont intend to be.  If only you would have payed attention to the past 2 e3's then you would not have to post a thread suggesting improvements.

Thats like telling Microsoft how to run their company, or telling the colts how to play football.  Room for improvement?  Always.

Sure those would be great to have in the system, and I'm not saying I dont want them.  Nintendo is working on what they think is best.  And obviously they are doing well, I dont see any reason why to try to fix something that isnt broken.
fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fedameda
[QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"]1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIIIsubrosian

This isn't a technical specifications thread, we're not talking about things Nintendo could have done, we're talking about what Nintendo can do, going forward, to make it the best console it can. Obviously the Wii could have been based on a more powerful architecture (at greater cost) - Nintendo chose not to do that, and so far that strategy seems to be paying off. Sony chose to use a more expensive (and powerful) architecture, but as a business they may spend years recouping the loss from doing so. At the same time, do you really feel that Nintendo would be wise to go head-to-head with Sony and Microsoft to have the most powerful online platform? What advantage is there in having the best hardware if it losses your company money? Nintendo has taken an alternative route this generation - one I've argued against in the past myself, but this thread is neither the time nor the place to criticize them for it.

Nintendo should have at the LEAST advanced the architecture further then a die shrink, they effectivly did nothing. The could have just lengthened the pipelines for more core speed and made the architecture slightly wider. It doesn't take up much time or money to do. Its how intel made the pentium M core extremely cheap.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

9. Colors

I like all of those ideas. and I would seriously consider trading my Wii in for a special edition triforce one. *I'm such a freaking nerd.* I admit it I'm a Zelda fanboy. (that does not mean nintendo fanboy)

fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fedameda
[QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"]1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIIIwavebrid

from idiots who point and call people stupid, then paste an article form wikipedia to prove their supposed knowledge, which almost always contains wrong data. If you want to cut and paste, do it form a better source at least

16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts
Buy a 360 or quit complaining. Nintendo doesnt need to hear about how to improve the Wii when its doing so successful. Sure there is room for improvement but then again Nintendo is it's own company and doesnt need to hear about it from you. Obviously they arent stupid, and they will put in what they see fit for their budget. They are not like Sony and Microsoft and they dont intend to be. If only you would have payed attention to the past 2 e3's then you would not have to post a thread suggesting improvements.

Thats like telling Microsoft how to run their company, or telling the colts how to play football. Room for improvement? Always.

Sure those would be great to have in the system, and I'm not saying I dont want them. Nintendo is working on what they think is best. And obviously they are doing well, I dont see any reason why to try to fix something that isnt broken.
hiho24

Well, Microsoft started giving gamers what they wanted, and look at their console now. Nintendo should do the same.
Sheepdisease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sheepdisease
Member since 2006 • 343 Posts
Netplay for vc games wouldn't be too hard to do.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

Buy a 360 or quit complaining.  Nintendo doesnt need to hear about how to improve the Wii when its doing so successful.  Sure there is room for improvement but then again Nintendo is it's own company and doesnt need to hear about it from you.  Obviously they arent stupid, and they will put in what they see fit for their budget.  They are not like Sony and Microsoft and they dont intend to be.  If only you would have payed attention to the past 2 e3's then you would not have to post a thread suggesting improvements.

Thats like telling Microsoft how to run their company, or telling the colts how to play football.  Room for improvement?  Always.

Sure those would be great to have in the system, and I'm not saying I dont want them.  Nintendo is working on what they think is best.  And obviously they are doing well, I dont see any reason why to try to fix something that isnt broken.
hiho24

He wasnt flaming. those are all reasonable ideas

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 subrosian
Buy a 360 or quit complaining. Nintendo doesnt need to hear about how to improve the Wii when its doing so successful. Sure there is room for improvement but then again Nintendo is it's own company and doesnt need to hear about it from you. Obviously they arent stupid, and they will put in what they see fit for their budget. They are not like Sony and Microsoft and they dont intend to be. If only you would have payed attention to the past 2 e3's then you would not have to post a thread suggesting improvements.

Thats like telling Microsoft how to run their company, or telling the colts how to play football. Room for improvement? Always.

Sure those would be great to have in the system, and I'm not saying I dont want them. Nintendo is working on what they think is best. And obviously they are doing well, I dont see any reason why to try to fix something that isnt broken.
hiho24
Microsoft has taken a dominating lead this generation (one the Wii is catching up to) simply by taking some basic advice that fans (both inside and outside of the company) gave them. Did they launch with another black box tethered to a bulky controller, devoid of online at launch, one year after the competition? No. I have never believed Nintendo to be stupid. I have, however, found faults with their current system that would be nearly free for them to fix, that they have yet to address. To pretend that the Wii is perfect, or to pretend that it can't or shouldn't be is ignorant. Just because Nintendo has come close to selling 5 million units doesn't mean that they shouldn't, or won't address fans problems in the future.

Nintendo is a company that does address complaints - look at the DS Lite and tell me it wasn't a product of really giving fans what they wanted - and tell me it hasn't been financially rewarding :D
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="fedameda"]1. Give it an architecture that isn;t older then the PIIIfedameda

from idiots who point and call people stupid, then paste an article form wikipedia to prove their supposed knowledge, which almost always contains wrong data. If you want to cut and paste, do it form a better source at least

i didnt call anyone stupid or idoits and i didnt paste anything.

and you really need to learn some history before you reply to me

fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fedameda

hiho24

Massive room for improvement. At the least they could have widened the pipelines, but they didn't. It barely cost them any money to make the damn thing. They could sell it for $150 and still make massive profits. They fact that they shove a crappy 6 year old architecture with such a massive price is appalling. Well with your logic, the Nazi party wasn't broken, so who should we have gone in and fixed it?
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wavebrid

[QUOTE="hiho24"]Buy a 360 or quit complaining. Nintendo doesnt need to hear about how to improve the Wii when its doing so successful. Sure there is room for improvement but then again Nintendo is it's own company and doesnt need to hear about it from you. Obviously they arent stupid, and they will put in what they see fit for their budget. They are not like Sony and Microsoft and they dont intend to be. If only you would have payed attention to the past 2 e3's then you would not have to post a thread suggesting improvements.

subrosian
Microsoft has taken a dominating lead this generation (one the Wii is catching up to) simply by taking some basic advice that fans (both inside and outside of the company) gave them. Did they launch with another black box tethered to a bulky controller, devoid of online at launch, one year after the competition? No. I have never believed Nintendo to be stupid. I have, however, found faults with their current system that would be nearly free for them to fix, that they have yet to address. To pretend that the Wii is perfect, or to pretend that it can't or shouldn't be is ignorant. Just because Nintendo has come close to selling 5 million units doesn't mean that they shouldn't, or won't address fans problems in the future.

1. factor one 360 was out how long?

2. all system has faults

3. no one is pretending wii is prefect

4. this system just got out you go to GIVE TIME

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

Support the classical controller on all games. Some games just don't work well with the Wiimote.

fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fedameda
[QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

you implied idiot with your "learn something and come back" and apperntly you know something which may pertain to it and almost undoubtably are going to paste something from a source
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wavebrid
[QUOTE="hiho24"]Buy a 360 or quit complaining. Nintendo doesnt need to hear about how to improve the Wii when its doing so successful. Sure there is room for improvement but then again Nintendo is it's own company and doesnt need to hear about it from you. Obviously they arent stupid, and they will put in what they see fit for their budget. They are not like Sony and Microsoft and they dont intend to be. If only you would have payed attention to the past 2 e3's then you would not have to post a thread suggesting improvements.

fedameda

Massive room for improvement. At the least they could have widened the pipelines, but they didn't. It barely cost them any money to make the damn thing. They could sell it for $150 and still make massive profits. They fact that they shove a crappy 6 year old architecture with such a massive price is appalling. Well with your logic, the Nazi party wasn't broken, so who should we have gone in and fixed it?

the wii is more powerful than xbox that is plenty for this gen

you got no prove for the wsecond part.

so 360 could of sold it 250 your point?

ps3 could of ben 300?

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

you implied idiot with your "learn something and come back" and apperntly you know something which may pertain to it and almost undoubtably are going to paste something from a source

:roll: oh yea i did :| no im not wasting my time with someone on a fourm over something so lame :)

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 subrosian

fedameda

There's a big difference between your complaints and mine. My complaints *aren't* with the underlying hardware. I understand what Nintendo was trying to do, appreciate it, and have some ideas about how they can go forward with the console they already have. It's kind of like if someone at the DS launch had said "y'know, it'd be sweet if I could play Animal Crossing over wifi with my friends" - it's something achievable (in fact it has been achieved) - that builds on the vision the company already has. What you have a problem with is the system in general - your idea to improve on the Wii is essentially to strap a motion-sensing controller to the 360 or PS3.
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts

subrosian

Nintendo is a company that does address complaints - look at the DS Lite and tell me it wasn't a product of really giving fans what they wanted - and tell me it hasn't been financially rewarding :D

You're absolutely right. I like the Wii but there are many things Nintendo can do now to make it better. In the end, I buy systems for its games, and I can't game on without Nintendo games (I'm very interested in the next FF:CC on Wii though). However, I do like the fact that so many games for the 360 take advantage of XBL, and I'm considering getting a 360 when it drops in price. I'd love to be able to play all of Halo 3 and Army of Two in addition to Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The only thing I'll miss as a Wii60 owner is FFXIII, but no game is worth $600. I don't think I've seen a disappointed Wii60 owner on SW.
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
I'm hoping Nintendo will follow through with the Smash Bros ranking. They have it in MP:H, after a fashion.

You know what else would be cool? The ability to customize the way your Wii home menu looks, like you can do with the 360 dashboard.
fedameda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fedameda
[QUOTE="fedameda"][QUOTE="hiho24"]Buy a 360 or quit complaining. Nintendo doesnt need to hear about how to improve the Wii when its doing so successful. Sure there is room for improvement but then again Nintendo is it's own company and doesnt need to hear about it from you. Obviously they arent stupid, and they will put in what they see fit for their budget. They are not like Sony and Microsoft and they dont intend to be. If only you would have payed attention to the past 2 e3's then you would not have to post a thread suggesting improvements.

wavebrid

the wii is more powerful than xbox that is plenty for this gen

you got no prove for the wsecond part.

so 360 could of sold it 250 your point?

ps3 could of ben 300?

The other two consoles would not make profit if they sold it for a lower price, Nintendo could have. The majority of cost in console developement is R&D, which mostly goes to a new architecture, but wait, the wii uses the same architecture with a die shrink, giving effectivly no R&D cost. And the Wiimote did not take millions of dollars in R&D

walter09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 walter09
Member since 2005 • 289 Posts

more 3rd party games...

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Widescreen support? What games don't run in widescreen? 
    What are you talking about? Zelda looks better than a PS2 game. Heck, GC games look better than PS2 games. 

You are lucky Nintendo is even doing online play, so don't complain yet. 

Games are games. No one tells the 360, no more shooters, or Sony no more FF games. 

He is coming. Jez, a launch without Mario, teh horror. Give it a bit. They had Zelda and the first system to actually come with a game free at launch in years. 

6. Smash Bros ... worldwide, regional, and local leaderboards - ok Nintendo?
    Why are leaderboards a big deal? Cheaters, modders, and glitchers are the only ones up there. 

I'll agree on this one. 

Pro Logic is terrible anyway. If anything, Dolby Digital, but any decent reciever can make 2 channel stereo into Dolby Pro Logic anyway. Why waste Nintendo's time? 
9. Colors
    I'm not looking to rebuy a console cuz its blue. Lets focus on getting enough white ones on store shelves first.

10. Metroid Prime Online multiplayer - CTF, Slayer, King of the Hill, Assassins, et cetera. Please, don't repeat MP2...
    The Wii Friend Code system seems more in need of fixing than this, but its your list... subrosian
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 subrosian
[QUOTE="subrosian"][QUOTE="hiho24"]Buy a 360 or quit complaining. Nintendo doesnt need to hear about how to improve the Wii when its doing so successful. Sure there is room for improvement but then again Nintendo is it's own company and doesnt need to hear about it from you. Obviously they arent stupid, and they will put in what they see fit for their budget. They are not like Sony and Microsoft and they dont intend to be. If only you would have payed attention to the past 2 e3's then you would not have to post a thread suggesting improvements.

Tristam22

You're absolutely right. I like the Wii but there are many things Nintendo can do now to make it better. In the end, I buy systems for its games, and I can't game on without Nintendo games (I'm very interested in the next FF:CC on Wii though). However, I do like the fact that so many games for the 360 take advantage of XBL, and I'm considering getting a 360 when it drops in price. I'd love to be able to play all of Halo 3 and Army of Two in addition to Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The only thing I'll miss as a Wii60 owner is FFXIII, but no game is worth $600. I don't think I've seen a disappointed Wii60 owner on SW.

I was disappointed with the DS launch for the same reasons I'm a bit miffed by the Wii launch - there just aren't enough good games out there yet, and we're left getting the shovel (badly done ports) by the third parties. I haven't bought a Wii yet for this reason, but with Sonic and the Secret Rings coming on February 20th, I'm done holding out. I agree with you on the Wii60 though - I think there's a beautiful mix between these two platforms. Wii delivers a lot of the creative, classic harm, while the 360 gives you access to the graphical goodness you need for "your head explode" gaming. I wouldn't want Halo on a Wii, and I wouldn't want Zelda on a 360. I'll own both this generation (along with whatever Gameboy comes next) simply because there are games that each one does better. Honestly I'd like to get the 360 first (I'm absolutely dying to pick one up for Gears - I already own the game but not the system for it) but at $400, and with redesign rumors, I'm hesitant. My biggest problem is that retailers were giving $100 store-credit or rebates more Christmas, but aren't now. I feel strange getting a price increase for waiting - whereas at least if the Wii were to price drop I would have gotten it relatively early, I wouldn't feel bad.