Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3229 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

Yeah I watched that video too and it sucks how the project got sabotaged by a scummy person. And you're right that even though Saints Row 2 isn't the best looking open world game even for its time when compared to GTA IV which both came out in 2008, it's still a very fun game to play to this day.

The sequels sadly never captured the same magic as Saints Row 2 did and that god awful reboot pretty much killed the entire series.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46390 Posts

@AcidTango said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Yeah I watched that video too and it sucks how the project got sabotaged by a scummy person. And you're right that even though Saints Row 2 isn't the best looking open world game even for its time when compared to GTA IV which both came out in 2008, it's still a very fun game to play to this day.

The sequels sadly never captured the same magic as Saints Row 2 did and that god awful reboot pretty much killed the entire series.

Saints Row 3 I didnt like the first time around, it kinda killed my interest in the series.

But I played it again once that remaster released and well, I did like it then. I just needed to get over the fact that every main mission is actually a side mission, haha

Saints Row 1 is fantastic, but is unfortunately locked behind X360. Saints Row 2 is the bigger, better, badder version of SR1 so I'm happy we have that. And yeah if it wasn't for this one scummy person that was basically acting like a vulture/parasite hybrid we would've gotten the patch by now and that one fan's life work.

A lot of bad decisions all around really, shame.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 R4gn4r0k

@davillain said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Outlaws has that bounty system from RDR mixed with a police system from GTA. But I don't know about the rest of the gameplay, I'll surely play the game sometime late in 2024 when the price has come down to more reasonable levels :)

I'm just gonna sub to Ubisoft+ and if it turns out to be good, I'll buy it whenever it hits the sale.

By the way, Driv3r was a pretty good GTA clone that I think the Driver series needs to come back.

I was eying those Ubisoft subscription prices (I think that is what Ubisoft wants in the end: make the base product so expensive you'd rather opt in for a monthly fee). But I can't bring myself to pay €18 a month for a single game I want. It's twice as expensive as Game pass while bringing way fewer games to the table.

I will however be spending those €18 on some sweet sweet Avatar DLC coming out this year. But I am hyped for Outlaws, who doesn't want a Star Wars game from the brilliant minds over at Massive? :D

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 R4gn4r0k
Loading Video...

Oh yeah I should've known this before. The GTA clone wasn't killed, it just moved over to mobile (and smells funny).