hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39411 Posts

With this kind of leadership, there's no chance of failure. A pussy developer like Bioware would be developing BG4 after the massively successful BG3, but not these lads, they ain't got time to work on what they don't feel like. If every AAA developer had this kind of talent and mindset, the gaming industry would've been incredible.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46489 Posts

“Greed has been f*cking this whole thing up for so long, since I started. I’ve been fighting publishers my entire life and I keep on seeing the same, same, same mistakes over, and over and over.It’s always the quarterly profits, the only thing that matters are the numbers, and then you fire everybody and then next year you say ‘sh*t I’m out of developers’ and then you start hiring people again, and then you do acquisitions, and then you put them in the same loop again, and it’s just broken… It really pisses me off.”

We need to stop giving big publishers our money. They are not about publishing games anymore.

EA only wants to make FIFA

Activision only wants to make COD

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Larian is on their way to becoming the next S-tier developer.

After how they dealt with BG3 I'd love to see Larian take over other companies' IPs.

I'd trust Larian to make Mass Effect 4 (Mass Effect 5?) over Bioware anyday of the week.

Which is a shame, Bioware was literally the FromSoft of the 2000s. (or FromSoft is the Bioware of the modern (10s-20s) era)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59189 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

“Greed has been f*cking this whole thing up for so long, since I started. I’ve been fighting publishers my entire life and I keep on seeing the same, same, same mistakes over, and over and over.It’s always the quarterly profits, the only thing that matters are the numbers, and then you fire everybody and then next year you say ‘sh*t I’m out of developers’ and then you start hiring people again, and then you do acquisitions, and then you put them in the same loop again, and it’s just broken… It really pisses me off.”

We need to stop giving big publishers our money. They are not about publishing games anymore.

This is correct.

It's publishers nature to bleed people for everything to can. They are no more or less evil than a shark. A person in the water with a sign saying "eat me" could avoid this by simply not being in the water.

Further, have absolutely 0 sympathy for the people getting fired. They complain about themselves, not how publishers rip off consumers, they are willing and happily go along with this, it's inward empathy where they would afford us none.

"I'm just doing my job" is a line through history used to justify many evils.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts

Cool. Doubt they'll venture beyond the isometric RPG route, but cool nonetheless.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3459 Posts

I hope they don't stop doing crpgs but I would like to see them try different themes.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

But this game is woke 🤭

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

They should make a CRPG with a Cyberpunk or Sci-fi setting

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39411 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Holy shit what a statement. Its insane to hear this not from just a developer, but the actual CEO. God damn.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

I have only played a few hours of DOS2. It will be years before I get around to playing BG3, but I might throw a copy in the backlog anyway just to thumbs-up this statement.

I hope they find continued success and stay independent.