What if Killzone matches the trailer?!?... THen what will 360ers say?!

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
I refuse to comment on mediocre statements. I JUST REFUSE TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
lol killzone gameplay looking as good as the CGI trailer? keep dreaming
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"] I don't find it strange because indeed there are other games that look as good as FFXIII graphics wise eg. Resident Evil 5, BIG, Metal Gear Solid 4 and arguably Formula One: Chamionship Edition for its insane photo realism. Plus you seem to be disragarding the fact that Final Fantasy is always a graphical showcase. FFIX on PlayStation proved this, as did FFX on the PS2. I guess it's just your loss that you can't trust this industry anymore, because if you did you would be very, very excited by PS3.

I think that FFXII wil be a graphical show case for the PS3. That doesn't mean I have to take it as read that the footage I have seen is gameplay. I expect Killzone to have the best graphics for the PS3 of any game thus far. That doesn't mean I think it will come anywhere close to reaching the CGI trailer shown at E305.

I didn't think we had seen any Res Evil 5 screens or footage of any kind and whilst MGS is certainly impressive the in game shots from the second trailer come nowhere close to that of FFXIII.

Racing games always look more impressive visually than anything else simply because there is so little to animate. It is a bad idea to expect other genres to match the visuals from them.

I don't see why I lose anything from not bying into hype and only believing what I see. If I'm wrong I can go out and buy a system. If you are wrong you may have made an incorrect purchase choice.
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

So lets say WHEN Killzone is shown next month at GDC and it does exceed the trailer. What will 360 fanboys then say,fanboys have been hating on sony and cows because of this game and they keep saying the first one flopped.But lets say it does blow people away, will lemmings still make excuses and look for something wrong with this game?! Or will they just admit that the game looks good and we can all just get along.:DBigBoss5777

Haha a good one, you do know that for a console to render a CGI video like Killzone 2 one would take a week !!!!

So it will probably never be in game at ...30fps, more like 30 frames per day

amcallister902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 amcallister902
Member since 2006 • 1339 Posts
If it does manage to excede the trailer (I doubt it though), I will still be skeptical. I am excited but still reserved.-Spock-
i have no strong feelings either way...
and what if I won the lotto..........seriously who gives a **** until its shown. Three things will occur. 1. Looks nowhere near the trailer and its laughed at hard 2. It looks mediocre but not close enough to the trailer and everyone is kinda like meh or 3. It is near identical to the trailer and everyone is excited.Danthegamingman
it could happen to halo 3 as well.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]It won't look that good.

We have seen the PS3s current graphical abilities. It isn't going to make that kind of leap within 4 month.
LosDaddie

Yet Final Fantasy XIII looks the way it does. It really depends on what kind of development strategy they are using - lay the plans and build on it slowly a la Halo 3, or completely finish it chunk at a time a la FFXIII.

I'll believe the final fantasy footage when I see someone playing it with a controller.

Agreed on FF13.

No footage of anyone playing the game. Just a video.

What about this development video? Also the reason FFXIII looks like that is because Square rendered most of the CGI scenes in real time. The only noticable CGI is the train scene which Square admitted it was CGI. That's basically why they created their White Engine. 
jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jxditu
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts
if killzone was close to cgi then we would have seen some clips or something already dont ya think? its like as soon as we found out the demo was all cgi this game fell off the face of the planet. so i say if the games graphics do look like cgi great, but i dont think it will happen
Areola54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Areola54
Member since 2006 • 1827 Posts
yeah if it comes like in 5 years. then everything will look like that. so no big deal.

the accomplishment is to come up with it before that time. KS2 is not going to do that. Thats is exactly what the devs are doing right now. waiting 5 years....
Avatar image for Bleach_is_basic
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Bleach_is_basic
Member since 2002 • 3020 Posts
If Ifs and Buts were squirrels and nuts SW would be a forrest.shsonline
Heh, if your Aunt had balls she'd be your Uncle... ...If "if's" and "buts" were candy and nuts what a merry Christmas it'd be. Anyways, several things: 1. Wasn't the KZ2 trailer admitted to be pure CGI by the people who made it? If that's the case, I have a very hard time believing that game play will be that good. Sony may show another CGI trailer and once again try to pass it off as game play...who knows. I for one hope that they do show actual game play footage (not just "in-game"). I hope it looks as good as the trailer and I won't be a hater, I'll say "Hell yeah, now THERE is a reason to get a PS3!" 2. I'm pretty sure we also have seen actual FFXIII footage yet. My reason is this: http://www.psu.com/node/7398 This is a basically gleaned from an interview with someone working on the FFXIII project. At the end of the article is says " Although the game is set to be released in 2008, we can expect a demo to be available late this year. If the demo doesn't make it to the online stores this year, we will at least have the FIRST (emphasis mine) in-game footage from TGS or some other events. "
Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Silvereign
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts
They will say this...:shock:
*Throws down 360 controller. Runs out the house trips and falls. Frantically looks for car key. Gets in car and tries to start it. After 3 times of failure the car finally starts. They set their navigational system to the nearest Best buy and they do a burnout out their driveway.*
GameGooN73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 GameGooN73
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts

I won't say anything.

I'll be too busy dealing with the monkeys flying from my ass, the dung falling from the sky filled with cows and the 4-some with Jessica's Alba, Simpson and Biel.

All of which will happen simultaneously with Killzone matching the trailer.

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I'll say "Stop bothering me boy! I'm trying to play Chromehounds!"
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts
That trailer does look pretty sweet...
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
I'd be excited, I happened to like the first one.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

I think that FFXIII will be a graphical show case for the PS3. That doesn't mean I have to take it as read that the footage I have seen is gameplay. I expect Killzone to have the best graphics for the PS3 of any game thus far. That doesn't mean I think it will come anywhere close to reaching the CGI trailer shown at E305. cakeorrdeath

Well, when Square are saying that it's completely real-time, and continue to update Famitsu with better and better looking scans, I believe that that is how it will finally look. Sure, I agree with you that Killzone will be PS3s best looker but not up to the CGI standards set at E3, but I disagree that we should refute developer claims of Final Fantasy's real-time status. We will see what happens with Killzone since it has much to prove, but i'm done talking about FFXIII - it has absolutely nothing to prove if we actually had a little faith in what industry reps have to say.

I didn't think we had seen any Res Evil 5 screens or footage of any kind and whilst MGS is certainly impressive the in game shots from the second trailer come nowhere close to that of FFXIII.

We have seen a trailer, possibly CGI, possibly not. We will have to wait and see. Resident Evil, like MGS, has often used the in-game engine for cutscenes (apart from the odd burst of obvious CGI). From what we can assume however, it will look stunning.

MGS4 was pre-alpha in the TGS gameplay trailer with placeholder textures. It always uses the in-game engine for cutscenes so gameplay will look like the cutscenes in the end. Cutscenes can easily be fully completed, whereas gameplay always takes time, hence Halo 3's somewhat disappointing "Et Tu Brute?" documentary.

Racing games always look more impressive visually than anything else simply because there is so little to animate. It is a bad idea to expect other genres to match the visuals from them.

I disagree. If you watch the trailer, each individual part of the suspension is forced to animate realistically and damage convincingly. With this level of detail on 22 cars at once, it's bound to put a strain on the PS3. Think of it this way - the PS3 is animating the same amount of polygons of all 22 cars in the PS2 game on just one car. That's a full 22 fold increase. And it's among the first games using SPEs too for AI and lighting effects. Crash effects are also highly detailed with super realistic physics and particle effects (see the TGS 06 trailer's crash for an idea). I agree that we can't be expecting this from all genres, but it's certainly more demanding than a JRPG which only needs character animation. F1 uses physics and AI to its fullest whereas FFXIII does not.

I don't see why I lose anything from not buying into hype and only believing what I see. If I'm wrong I can go out and buy a system. If you are wrong you may have made an incorrect purchase choice.

I don't just mean PS3 you know. I mean all next-gen videogames as a whole. The industry is sadly in a rut where everything is interpreted as lies or as CGI. I blame the constant 'exclusives' debate where we never quite know which platform a game will jump to. It's both the developers PR negligence and the fanboyism that has ruined the industry trust factor for so many people, including yourself. I don't own a PS3 yet as I live in Europe, but I have pre-ordered one for July when I expect them to be in stock. I still have a choice of abandoning my plans, but so long as I can trust developers unlike some people, I will be more than happy to keep to my purchase.

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
Even if it does match the trailer, and it won't, WTF makes anyone think game will be good? 
Tasman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Tasman_basic
Member since 2002 • 3255 Posts
So lets say WHEN Killzone is shown next month at GDC and it does exceed the trailer. What will 360 fanboys then say,fanboys have been hating on sony and cows because of this game and they keep saying the first one flopped.But lets say it does blow people away, will lemmings still make excuses and look for something wrong with this game?! Or will they just admit that the game looks good and we can all just get along.:DBigBoss5777

How do cows treat Halo again?
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts

What if it looks like the trailer yet plays as unispired as the first one?

The PS3 is in dire need of a must have title that is the bottom line.

LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
It won't look that good.

We have seen the PS3s current graphical abilities. It isn't going to make that kind of leap within 4 month.
cakeorrdeath
The game's been in production since the original Killzone which means that it was in development for about 4 years. What's your point?
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
It won't. Puckhog04
QFT. that should be obvious enough to not require a thread to have to point it out.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
Crysis doesn't even look better then that trailer, The graphics, to the animation, it can't be done this gen!Cubs360

exactly, i like the PS3 the most, from all consoles.
But it's hard to believe they could do a game with:
CGI gfx
AI that works close to already scripted NPC responses
Besides all that have a large amount of soldiers on screen, battling like in a real war.
etc

i don't know, it should take a lot more than the available hardware we have these days (even in some months/years to come).

Avatar image for Disturbed_One98
Disturbed_One98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Disturbed_One98
Member since 2006 • 1171 Posts
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]It won't look that good.

-Spock-
Yet Final Fantasy XIII looks the way it does. It really depends on what kind of development strategy they are using - lay the plans and build on it slowly a la Halo 3, or completely finish it chunk at a time a la FFXIII.

Final Fantasy's environments are most likely pre-rendered though, that's why the graphics look as good as they do. A game like Killzone having pre-rendered environments wouldn't be acceptable in this day and age. Even Final Fantasy is crossing that wire...
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]It won't look that good.

Disturbed_One98

Final Fantasy's environments are most likely pre-rendered though, that's why the graphics look as good as they do. A game like Killzone having pre-rendered environments wouldn't be acceptable in this day and age. Even Final Fantasy is crossing that wire...

i think they aren't. if you look close, there are jaggies on the background.
pre-rendered background doesn't have jaggies.
tacomh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 tacomh
Member since 2003 • 1847 Posts
it will still be bashed, this is system wars
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
if it does i will buy a PS3 (well, only if the game is great and has a decent framerate)
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
[QUOTE="Disturbed_One98"][QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]It won't look that good.

SambaLele

i think they aren't. if you look close, there are jaggies on the background.
pre-rendered background doesn't have jaggies.

Pre-rendered environments are impossible to do with a swooping camera that moves like it does in FFXIII. With that kid of camera control, they must be constantly rendered on the hardware to avoid blurriness and keep the lighting up to speed.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
When has a game ever matched with the CGI trailer?
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#78 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts
[QUOTE="ByFly"]Is killzone graphics really that good??? I saw pictures and trailers and I really think gears of war destroys it in graphics department..(I played gears) sdifjds
Gears is old news, it really is. The days of lemmings saying "THE PS3 COULD NEVER DO THIS GAME IN A MILLIOON YEARS!" are over, because they realize that games are coming up that easily exceed Gears in the technical department. Now the lemmings are saying the PS3 could never do Mass Effect.

show me a ingame PS3 movie that surpasses gears lol.
RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#79 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

You can't be for real. No way will it match the cgi.
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#80 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks killzone 2's trailer doesn't look that great? Horrible models, shocking flame effects, average other things. Smoke trails are nice...thats about it. I hope it looks BETTER than it or it will have already been beaten by crysis, gears of war and other games.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

Crysis doesn't even look better then that trailer, The graphics, to the animation, it can't be done this gen!Cubs360

Yes it does. Honestly, after watching the trailer again, it still looks good but it's not nearly as unbelievable as it was in 2005. I wouldn't be surprised if the game ends up looking atleast close to the trailer.

Franco-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Franco-J
Member since 2003 • 1435 Posts
What if?!?! You delusional Sony sheeple think the game is going to look like the trailer?!?!? Whats wrong with you people?!?!?
redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts
Don't forget. All of Square's real games looked very very nice compared to the console's game library. It's safe to say Final Fantasy XII have the best graphics for the entire PS2 lineup.
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
1. I dont buy games or consoles based on graphics 2. I will probably get all 3 next gen consoles eventualy 3. No amount of good graphics will save the horrid game that is killzone.
kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts
I'll accept ownage if the character animations match that of the trailer. I'm relatively confident that they can get something close to the trailer.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#86 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
No way. Killzone will not look as good as the trailer just because Sony says it will. Get over it.
legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
i wiil tell you what i think if the graphics of killzone2 match the e3 trailer i will say gear of war already look beter and its playable now.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#88 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
If Killzone looks half as good as it did in the trailer it'll be enough to beat GEOW with room to spare.
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
well right now...i guess you could call me a lemming...even though i dont think im a fanboy.... i think it will look just as good..maybe a little bit worse in certain areas....but better than most people are saying... the guns in battlefield 2 modern combat on 360 looks just as good as the gun in killzone...and the enviroment, and surroundings and buildings and what not look just as good as Gears of War..... theres no reason they cant make it look at least close to what it was projected to be in the trailer...in fact i dont think the trailer looks that great..
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts
"Good for you, at least something happened as expected."
GatoFeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 GatoFeo
Member since 2004 • 1846 Posts
Killzone 1 could have been better...... (good control setup and graffics) Imagine Killzone 2..... Thats one reason why I'am getting me a Ps3....
SunLord592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 SunLord592
Member since 2003 • 2651 Posts
it wont exceed the trailer. the animation will never be exceded, the sense of smooth motion, will never be exceded. the game will likely be resistence with a graphical update. likely. but i can be wrong
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#93 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
i dont expect it to look much better than resistence!
bahamut-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 bahamut-zero
Member since 2003 • 95 Posts
They are named Lemmings aren't they? They will jump of a cliff.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#95 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
It won't.

IF (thats a huge if)... IF it matches then TLHBO. But I highly HIGHLY doubt that.
iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
It will be close, but it won't match or exceed the expectations of the trailer.
Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
If the graphics in the real time trailer for Killzone matches the one shown at E3 '05, then I'll be impressed. But the gameplay will probably be the same, and gameplay is a lot more important that graphics imo.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#98 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
the final build of motorstorm should give you an idea of what to expect from the killzone trailer.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
i dont care how great the graphics are, if the game has boring gameplay then it wont matter. id rather play a shooter that has great shooting action and is tactical, than a run of the mill shooter with great graphics. and I dought the graphics will reach the trailer. the trailer was CGI, whens the last time a game looked as good as the CGI?
milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts

If it matches the trailer I'll be impressed.