Xbox: First Party Studios Organization - Yuge!

• 137 results
GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

I just wanna see the Smash Bros clone with all these IP!

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts
@davillain said:

Let it be known the gaming industry will eventually go all digital at some point. Look at games like Alan Wake 2, no physical, just digital purchase only. That should give you an idea where the gaming industry is heading in the distance future. It's not a matter of how, but when?

But as a PC gamer, digital gaming has really made my gaming life so much easier, I can't believe I was pro physical gamer back in the old days. I even went digital since PS4 came out and don't even regret it. But for now, as long as there's still demand for physical games due to the rest of the world doesn't have basic Wi-Fi, physical will still be around for that reason.

The big 3 making $48 on physical sales vs make $70 selling digital tells you all you need to know. Infinite growth requires new revenue streams. Killing physical is a new revenue stream. The big 3 are gonna go all in on digital this/next gen. And brick and mortar stores don't want these silly boxes taking up precious shelf space.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6700 Posts

@Pedro said:
@palasta said:
@Pedro said:

@robertos: I enjoyed both games.🙃

Some people enjoy eating garbage. Nothing new.

News to me but if you enjoy eating garbage.🤷🏽‍♂️

@last_lap said:

@Pedro: I'm in here having a conversation, your post is the one that is bitching about another poster that wasn't even talking to you in the first place.

@TheEroica: They are pushing digital, their own internal documents are proof of that. I don't know what more proof you want/need.

No doubt digital is huge, these companies are pushing their storedronts all the time, I mean I put on Forza Horizon 5 the other day and was greeted with a screen that has the new Forza Motirsport game and a "press here" button to take me to the Xbox marketplace to buy the game.

There was no bitching in my post. I was literally stating the obvious and you are just confirming what was stated.🙃

I don't want to hear your whinging pedro, so...

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1410 Posts

@Pedro said:
@palasta said:
@Pedro said:

Some people enjoy eating garbage. Nothing new.

STFU and continue consume your garabage.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3750 Posts

Great, so maybe they’ll actually have games to play by next gen???

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44679 Posts

So this year's MW3#2 can't be on Game Pass until after 120 days following 1 year after its release which means early 2025, last year's Modern Warfare 2#2 won't be available on Game Pass 120 days after the 1 year from last year's release which means early 2024, if they still have Sony's original deal as if it was never renegotiated the exclusionary terms during the 10 year contract and renegotiatedthe royalty split. I'm going to assume why these won't be made available ASAP, otherwise it looks like this stuff will be drip fed onto Game Pass to maximize sales. And it's really hard not to think that's the case right now because there's no excuse for Diablo 4 being slow rolled out.

There needs to be an explanation given why this is happening, otherwise if anything is available on the Xbox Store, there's no reason that content can't be added to Game Pass immediately after the acquisition.

I have no idea if this narrative is FUD by the haters or for real. Of it's true, this isn't just annoying to have to wait a whole year to see the rewards of this acquisition we've already wait two slow years for, it's going to piss off a lot of gamers who expect day one first party releases on Game Pass to have to endure some BS waiting game again.

Not to mention Microsoft's in a real bad posture waiting to reap the rewards of their acquisitions 5 years into a console life ccycle. The only saving grace will be if at large the 9th gen console cycle all around was just a holding pattern between 8th and 10th gen console leaps. Well, Sony certainly seems to be playing that game too.

This deal just highlights the absurdity of nothing happening everywhere during 9th gen. People won't remember the games they played that would have only been playable on 9th gen systems. They'll remember minor evolutions, the shift to digital, the rise of subscription services, $70 base games with even pricier editions that offer jack-shit extra, perhaps the gen both MS and Sony and maybe Nintendo chart their future console endeavors, but this gen will just feel like laying the foundation. Sony's out there porting old shit to PC and PS5, so, perhaps taking a year or longer to add ABK content to Game Pass won't be that bad, but, not doing console sales for Xbox any favors when they need to build momentum.

Perhaps next gen UE5 roles out of its pre-alpha state and se start seeing games use it in some meaningful way finally.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9838 Posts

@tjandmia: Considering Xbox game output has owned 2023 7-1 even before the ABK deal, I’d be more concerned about Sonys output.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

So this year's MW3#2 can't be on Game Pass until after 120 days following 1 year after its release which means early 2025, last year's Modern Warfare 2#2 won't be available on Game Pass 120 days after the 1 year from last year's release which means early 2024, if they still have Sony's original deal as if it was never renegotiated the exclusionary terms during the 10 year contract and renegotiatedthe royalty split. I'm going to assume why these won't be made available ASAP, otherwise it looks like this stuff will be drip fed onto Game Pass to maximize sales. And it's really hard not to think that's the case right now because there's no excuse for Diablo 4 being slow rolled out.

There needs to be an explanation given why this is happening, otherwise if anything is available on the Xbox Store, there's no reason that content can't be added to Game Pass immediately after the acquisition.

I have no idea if this narrative is FUD by the haters or for real. Of it's true, this isn't just annoying to have to wait a whole year to see the rewards of this acquisition we've already wait two slow years for, it's going to piss off a lot of gamers who expect day one first party releases on Game Pass to have to endure some BS waiting game again.

Not to mention Microsoft's in a real bad posture waiting to reap the rewards of their acquisitions 5 years into a console life ccycle. The only saving grace will be if at large the 9th gen console cycle all around was just a holding pattern between 8th and 10th gen console leaps. Well, Sony certainly seems to be playing that game too.

This deal just highlights the absurdity of nothing happening everywhere during 9th gen. People won't remember the games they played that would have only been playable on 9th gen systems. They'll remember minor evolutions, the shift to digital, the rise of subscription services, $70 base games with even pricier editions that offer jack-shit extra, perhaps the gen both MS and Sony and maybe Nintendo chart their future console endeavors, but this gen will just feel like laying the foundation. Sony's out there porting old shit to PC and PS5, so, perhaps taking a year or longer to add ABK content to Game Pass won't be that bad, but, not doing console sales for Xbox any favors when they need to build momentum.

Perhaps next gen UE5 roles out of its pre-alpha state and se start seeing games use it in some meaningful way finally.

You are literally clueless when it comes to business and it shows.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@Pedro said:

How dare you!

Sorry, I also enjoy both games. Starfield was great from day one, and Redfall has improved a lot with the patches.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 pmanden

@SOedipus: Don't worry about Bobby. He has got plenty of cash, and he just got the job as the CEO. Of hell.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 pmanden

@kvallyx: Bethesda is easily my favorite studio. It is the main reason why I chose an Xsex over the PS5 and subscribed to Gamepass.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@last_lap: @lundy86_4: @silentchief: Y'all do know zaryia is a female right? I could be more descriptive but I don't wanna get banned. Seriously doubt "Robertos" would be a female.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Last_Lap  Online

@joshrmeyer said:

@last_lap: @lundy86_4: @silentchief: Y'all do know zaryia is a female right? I could be more descriptive but I don't wanna get banned. Seriously doubt "Robertos" would be a female.

Didn't/don't know doesn't matter really. But wasn't Zaryia the God something or other account too? seems that person went through a few accounts.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#64 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70393 Posts

@last_lap: Stop bitching about my comments. It is entertaining me.😂

@palasta said:
@Pedro said:

STFU and continue consume your garabage.

No one is stopping you from eating garbage. 🤷🏽‍♂️

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#65 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4585 Posts

I am excited for MS's future first party games. They have so many dormant ip's now that they can resurrect and get people back into.

While their firs party has been slow, this aquisition is sure to help their release schedule by quite a bit.

It is hard to deny the power of MS's first party at this point.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3349 Posts

With this acquisition, they may have overtake sony when it comes to first party studios. Interesting to see how sony respond to this.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22962 Posts

@pmanden said:
@TheEroica said:
@Pedro said:

How dare you!

Sorry, I also enjoy both games. Starfield was great from day one, and Redfall has improved a lot with the patches.

I'm reporting you to the mod team🙃. No enjoyment is to be had with either game.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1268 Posts

They own Toys for Bob who did the excellent remake of Spyro, but they don't own the rights to Spyro, do they? That's the only thing Microsoft owns that I would be more concerned about not getting on PS. LOL. They can keep the rest. :)

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts

I don't think anyone would have predicted that Microsoft/Xbox would invest THIS much into first-party..

As an Xbox fan, really glad to see this level of commitment to the brand..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
@mycatismilk said:

They own Toys for Bob who did the excellent remake of Spyro, but they don't own the rights to Spyro, do they? That's the only thing Microsoft owns that I would be more concerned about not getting on PS. LOL. They can keep the rest. :)

Game Pass is on nearly any device with an internet connection, my friend.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44679 Posts

@theam0g: "You are literally clueless when it comes to business and it shows."

True, I don't have an MBA, but I do know enough about the gaming business to know that if the slow rolling out of ABK content onto Game Pass was due to regulatory hurdles, they can outright say so and likely would, but they are not. They're not claiming its due to some transitional logistical challenges either, nor would such an excuse make much sense if they did. It's frustrating not having a clear answer why they're slow rolling their content onto Game Pass, and more so having waited until zero hour after nearly 2 years of regulatory oversight to start manage expectations about when content will arrive only now.

If it's due to lingering contractual obligations with Sony, we know that would prompt silence and ambiguity over NDAs. And we know the kind of terms Sony includes in their marketing arrangements since the RE8 marketing contract leak, where titles are prohibited from being on subscription services 1 year from release, plus a 120 day priority negotiation window to match any price a competitor would offer to bring games to a subscription service. This can be assumed to be boilerplate for Sony and explains why both Deathloop and Tokyo Ghostwire had to be added to PS Plus at same time they released on Game Pass or else Microsoft would have to wait an extra 4 months to release it on Game Pass. They could have released those for sale then add them to Game Pass later, but that weakens their commitment to offer first party games to Game Pass on release. The implications of Sony's marketing terms were made more clear by the totality of these circumstances.

If the slow roll out of ABK content were for similar considerations, MW2 (2022) can plausibly arrive on Game Pass one year after release if it releases on PS Plus at same time, but I don't think MS will do this though because it's too big of a game to just give Sony cheap just to overcome a contractual hurdles. That means waiting an additional 120 days after the one year post launch to add it to Game Pass. If same terms apply for MW3, that there similar contractual obligations with Sony, the same thing, it'll be added to Game Pass in 2025 for same reasons.

As for Modern Warfare 2 (2022), they said early 2024 generally for their games, but if I have no idea what I'm talking about then I'd be far off the mark to expect MW2 (2022) specifically no earlier than Februrary 25th 2024 because that'd be 1 year plus 120 days. Deathloop took 1 year + 6 days to to end up Xbox with the 1 year exclusivity deal, Ghostwire Tokyo took 1 year + 18 days. Microsoft also had to negotiate with Sony just to get those games on PS Plus (to close the 120 day priority negotiation window) so perhaps that's why it took 6/18 days after the 1 year ended to see these on Xbox and Game Pass, and perhaps this won't be a hurdle since it doesn't appear Microsoft will add these to PS Plus to get them on Game Pass quicker, and if that's not the case, we'll see how close to February 25th MW2 (2022) releases on Game Pass.

This of course assumes the ABK communique is in line about Microsoft's plans. Microsoft could always offer MW2 on Game Pass but if Sony's contracts are still relevant, they'd have to offer it on PS Plus at same time. Or perhaps the ABK representative who made this comment wasn't privy to the details of the new contract Microsoft hammered out with Sony, whereby the 10 year commitment nullifies any of these remaining obligations, in exchange for the commitment, adjusting the royalty split back to industry standard 30% instead of the 15% the FTC leaked Sony was taking to have the COD marketing deal, plus whether they'll still have timed exclusive DLC access they had arranged prior. But we won't know until we see content roll out and can contemplate the reasons for the timing.

Sure, pure speculation on my part, not to any one thing but to a number of different scenarios that could play out, but I stand by my reasons to see these as potential scenarios of content rollout. That doesn't mean I don't know business in a basic sense. I shouldn't be faulted for not having access to privileged information. But if you have a stronger grasp of what's going on, what's going to happen, when, please, enlighten me, enlighten the rest of us, I'd just like to know what's going on at this point, because frankly everyone seems in the dark about this slow rollout of ABK content.

So please, mock my business savvy and come at me like some master of the universe business professional yuppy who snorts coke off a luxury hookers tits through rolled up edition of some Six Sigma magazine and screaming at the moon "this is business people!", you clearly know better, so please, shouldn't be a problem to tell me: what content can we expect, when can we expect it, and why will the content arrive when it does? I really would love to know. I got no shame on being wrong, I'd love to be wrong, I'd love in a week or two we see the entire ABK catalog dumped onto Game Pass so I can enjoy it. I have no reason to think that'd be the case, I'd love it to be.

I previously mentioned this ambiguity can be interpreted as Microsoft merely trying to help pay for the deal by refusing to add it to Game Pass to maximize revenues of ABK content through the holidays. The pickle being if this is not the case and this is due to contractual obligations with Sony, they can't say enough to deny the notion, but just my opinion, they need to as ambiguously as possible say the delay is to contractual obligations and leave it at that, let Sony try to litigate a breach of some NDA and try proving to an arbitrator any amount harm was done by such a statement. Otherwise, this silence can, depending on the mob mentality of the gaming community, potentially come back to bite Microsoft in the ass by people just assuming Microsoft is withholding content for money, i.e. they're being greedy.

I wouldn't humor such a notion but the fact Diablo IV will also be slow rolled out gives me pause about the excuse of Sony contractual obligations. I never paid the game much mind but I've seen no indication there's been a marketing arrangement with Sony for the game, hence it wouldn't make sense to be delayed as such. This potentially points to MS being greedy, or at very least, that'll be the ammo for those pushing such a narrative, and I've no doubt haters will go there.

There is one scenario I've contemplated but I've never explored the specifics of in the past, but essentially murmerings of Sony's exclusionary deals don't just center around specific games, but can also loosely encompass a developer or publisher's catalog, controlling what other games they can release on a competitor's system or service. While this would be a gross over-reach of Sony and blatantly anticompetitive, yet the notion might give me hope as well, a sense of optimism about what it means if content starts rolling out in early 2024.

This could be a scenario where such wide exclusionary terms were tied to the MW2 (2022) deal, whereby Microsoft could have renegotiated the MW3 (2023) deal to no longer include 1 year prohibition from competing services, the 120 day priority negotiation window, in exchange for higher royalty cut, but can't be put it into action as a day one Game Pass release until MW2's broader lingering terms expire, thus no Game Pass at launch. That could mean MW2/MW3, and everything else being held back by Sony's lingering terms tied to MW2 (2022) would be dumped onto the service at roughly the same time, when the 1 year + 120 days expires for it, late February next year. I like this scenario best. It's a reach, but a most optimistic outlook considering the ambiguity of the slow roll out of content. That'd at least provide explanation as to Diablo IV's delay to Game Pass,. But, that's one potential explanation, others could be simply Sony despite not having a comprehensive deal still paid ABK to exclude it from Game Pass. Or perhaps MS is just being greedy. We won't know because nobody will say jack shit to provide clarity.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro

@Antwan3K said:

I don't think anyone would have predicted that Microsoft/Xbox would invest THIS much into first-party..

I remember a special person was crying about MS not investing now they are crying about MS buying up the industry.🤷🏽‍♂️

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7057 Posts
@joshrmeyer said:

Zaryia isn't a female.

I remember a thread when he was talking about his Penis size.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7057 Posts
@Antwan3K said:

Lol what are you talking about? Most the industry predicted it. They are among the top 5 richest companies in the world. I knew it was only a matter of time if they couldn't find success on their own they would just buy up the industry and that's exactly what they did. Regulators don't seem to care either so they may not be done yet.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@silentchief said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Zaryia isn't a female.

I remember a thread when he was talking about his Penis size.

Not sure if i'm willing to delve into this...

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@silentchief: So does kvally 😆... In PG forum she was definitely a female. But who knows, maybe she just identified that way and does have a penis 🤷.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

@BassMan: wrong. MS is giving, they are like Santa. The poor sheep were deprived of CoD for the past 25 years. Now Saint Phil will bless them.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

@lamprey263: there is a good reason. MS spent $80 billion and they need to make some money back. I hope they do too.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@Pedro said:
@TheEroica said:

@last_lap: sigh.... They're not pushing digital. They're focusing on the methods of game distribution that gamers want. They provide a disk model of their current console for the smaller number of people who want disks. They likely always will in some form. I imagine there will be a small niche crowd of people who want disks... Same as records... Neither Sony nor Microsoft will make disk drives a major focus however going forward. Don't be mad it's not what gamers want.

He have been on a never ending bitch fest over physical becoming obsolete and believes that platform holders are at fault for catering to the majority of gamers.

The doomsdayers are a little premature. I get their concerns, but no one knows what is in store for next generation. All we factually know is both Sony and Microsoft offer a top tier flagship model with and without a disk drive (if the Microsoft leaks are to he believed.) if people haven't seen the lack of interest in physical media for the past 7 years I don't know what to say to them.... Nothing is static, everything changes.... It did for music and I'm totally satisfied with my music service. Parting with my cds was freeing.

We have only so many days spinning on the marble.... Spending my time focused on closets of old games I've already beat is not on my priority list, nor is owning new physical media if I don't have to. I'm glad BC exists as a feature. Preservation of our libraries is a kind gesture on consoles... But who has the time to look back that often?

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 923 Posts

You're not wrong.

Do you feel like there is enough good talent and well run studios to produce games that are great? I still feel the best is behind us not ahead.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts
@Pedro said:
@Antwan3K said:

I remember a special person was crying about MS not investing now they are crying about MS buying up the industry.🤷🏽‍♂️

that's the very definition of a "concern troll".. there is no goal post that can't be moved in the ever shifting narrative..

"Xbox has no games" is gone.. "Xbox is 3rd" is gone now that Xbox is 1st in active users and 2nd in revenue (even before the ABK deal) ..

that same person, to this day, will refuse to recognize and acknowledge that Phil and Co have succeeded in making Xbox truly competitive in the overall gaming space.. i don't think that simple fact is even up for debate for most people at this point but concern trolls gotta concern..

somehow, some way, "Xbox is doomed"..

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TheEroica  Moderator

@templecow90999 said:

You're not wrong.

Do you feel like there is enough good talent and well run studios to produce games that are great? I still feel the best is behind us not ahead.

The "best" of what gaming can be will always lay in the arms of innovation. The indie scene has always outclassed the big budget games in this respect. I'm always optimistic for what gamings future can hold but I don't think the current model bodes well for big players like Sony and Microsoft. Bigger budgets, less risk, less new ip, monetization.... It's a bit much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

@lamprey263 said:

@theam0g: "You are literally clueless when it comes to business and it shows."

True, I don't have an MBA, but I do know enough about the gaming business to know that if the slow rolling out of ABK content onto Game Pass was due to regulatory hurdles, they can outright say so and likely would, but they are not. They're not claiming its due to some transitional logistical challenges either, nor would such an excuse make much sense if they did. It's frustrating not having a clear answer why they're slow rolling their content onto Game Pass, and more so having waited until zero hour after nearly 2 years of regulatory oversight to start manage expectations about when content will arrive only now.

If it's due to lingering contractual obligations with Sony, we know that would prompt silence and ambiguity over NDAs. And we know the kind of terms Sony includes in their marketing arrangements since the RE8 marketing contract leak, where titles are prohibited from being on subscription services 1 year from release, plus a 120 day priority negotiation window to match any price a competitor would offer to bring games to a subscription service. This can be assumed to be boilerplate for Sony and explains why both Deathloop and Tokyo Ghostwire had to be added to PS Plus at same time they released on Game Pass or else Microsoft would have to wait an extra 4 months to release it on Game Pass. They could have released those for sale then add them to Game Pass later, but that weakens their commitment to offer first party games to Game Pass on release. The implications of Sony's marketing terms were made more clear by the totality of these circumstances.

If the slow roll out of ABK content were for similar considerations, MW2 (2022) can plausibly arrive on Game Pass one year after release if it releases on PS Plus at same time, but I don't think MS will do this though because it's too big of a game to just give Sony cheap just to overcome a contractual hurdles. That means waiting an additional 120 days after the one year post launch to add it to Game Pass. If same terms apply for MW3, that there similar contractual obligations with Sony, the same thing, it'll be added to Game Pass in 2025 for same reasons.

As for Modern Warfare 2 (2022), they said early 2024 generally for their games, but if I have no idea what I'm talking about then I'd be far off the mark to expect MW2 (2022) specifically no earlier than Februrary 25th 2024 because that'd be 1 year plus 120 days. Deathloop took 1 year + 6 days to to end up Xbox with the 1 year exclusivity deal, Ghostwire Tokyo took 1 year + 18 days. Microsoft also had to negotiate with Sony just to get those games on PS Plus (to close the 120 day priority negotiation window) so perhaps that's why it took 6/18 days after the 1 year ended to see these on Xbox and Game Pass, and perhaps this won't be a hurdle since it doesn't appear Microsoft will add these to PS Plus to get them on Game Pass quicker, and if that's not the case, we'll see how close to February 25th MW2 (2022) releases on Game Pass.

This of course assumes the ABK communique is in line about Microsoft's plans. Microsoft could always offer MW2 on Game Pass but if Sony's contracts are still relevant, they'd have to offer it on PS Plus at same time. Or perhaps the ABK representative who made this comment wasn't privy to the details of the new contract Microsoft hammered out with Sony, whereby the 10 year commitment nullifies any of these remaining obligations, in exchange for the commitment, adjusting the royalty split back to industry standard 30% instead of the 15% the FTC leaked Sony was taking to have the COD marketing deal, plus whether they'll still have timed exclusive DLC access they had arranged prior. But we won't know until we see content roll out and can contemplate the reasons for the timing.

Sure, pure speculation on my part, not to any one thing but to a number of different scenarios that could play out, but I stand by my reasons to see these as potential scenarios of content rollout. That doesn't mean I don't know business in a basic sense. I shouldn't be faulted for not having access to privileged information. But if you have a stronger grasp of what's going on, what's going to happen, when, please, enlighten me, enlighten the rest of us, I'd just like to know what's going on at this point, because frankly everyone seems in the dark about this slow rollout of ABK content.

So please, mock my business savvy and come at me like some master of the universe business professional yuppy who snorts coke off a luxury hookers tits through rolled up edition of some Six Sigma magazine and screaming at the moon "this is business people!", you clearly know better, so please, shouldn't be a problem to tell me: what content can we expect, when can we expect it, and why will the content arrive when it does? I really would love to know. I got no shame on being wrong, I'd love to be wrong, I'd love in a week or two we see the entire ABK catalog dumped onto Game Pass so I can enjoy it. I have no reason to think that'd be the case, I'd love it to be.

I previously mentioned this ambiguity can be interpreted as Microsoft merely trying to help pay for the deal by refusing to add it to Game Pass to maximize revenues of ABK content through the holidays. The pickle being if this is not the case and this is due to contractual obligations with Sony, they can't say enough to deny the notion, but just my opinion, they need to as ambiguously as possible say the delay is to contractual obligations and leave it at that, let Sony try to litigate a breach of some NDA and try proving to an arbitrator any amount harm was done by such a statement. Otherwise, this silence can, depending on the mob mentality of the gaming community, potentially come back to bite Microsoft in the ass by people just assuming Microsoft is withholding content for money, i.e. they're being greedy.

I wouldn't humor such a notion but the fact Diablo IV will also be slow rolled out gives me pause about the excuse of Sony contractual obligations. I never paid the game much mind but I've seen no indication there's been a marketing arrangement with Sony for the game, hence it wouldn't make sense to be delayed as such. This potentially points to MS being greedy, or at very least, that'll be the ammo for those pushing such a narrative, and I've no doubt haters will go there.

There is one scenario I've contemplated but I've never explored the specifics of in the past, but essentially murmerings of Sony's exclusionary deals don't just center around specific games, but can also loosely encompass a developer or publisher's catalog, controlling what other games they can release on a competitor's system or service. While this would be a gross over-reach of Sony and blatantly anticompetitive, yet the notion might give me hope as well, a sense of optimism about what it means if content starts rolling out in early 2024.

This could be a scenario where such wide exclusionary terms were tied to the MW2 (2022) deal, whereby Microsoft could have renegotiated the MW3 (2023) deal to no longer include 1 year prohibition from competing services, the 120 day priority negotiation window, in exchange for higher royalty cut, but can't be put it into action as a day one Game Pass release until MW2's broader lingering terms expire, thus no Game Pass at launch. That could mean MW2/MW3, and everything else being held back by Sony's lingering terms tied to MW2 (2022) would be dumped onto the service at roughly the same time, when the 1 year + 120 days expires for it, late February next year. I like this scenario best. It's a reach, but a most optimistic outlook considering the ambiguity of the slow roll out of content. That'd at least provide explanation as to Diablo IV's delay to Game Pass,. But, that's one potential explanation, others could be simply Sony despite not having a comprehensive deal still paid ABK to exclude it from Game Pass. Or perhaps MS is just being greedy. We won't know because nobody will say jack shit to provide clarity.

Jesus...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

@last_lap: Most of the ideas from the MS leak were prototype ideas. And they also never said it would replace the Series X, maybe they just want a cheaper digital version like the PS5 Digital. Also the chances of MS dumpling physical games mid gen is slim.

On top of that, MS has been able to get a feel for the feedback to this idea.

It also included ideas of other things that never came to pass. A different version of the Series S that never happened. Some handheld device. The TV streaming device that was canned.

You shouldn’t jump to conclusions on this.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Last_Lap  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@last_lap: Most of the ideas from the MS leak were prototype ideas. And they also never said it would replace the Series X, maybe they just want a cheaper digital version like the PS5 Digital. Also the chances of MS dumpling physical games mid gen is slim.

It also included ideas of other things that never came to pass. A different version of the Series S that never happened. Some handheld device. The TV streaming device that was canned.

There's just one problem, and that is there is a LOT of detail in the pic for a "prototype" I think its 100% real. And my reasoning for that is MS track record, MS started a digital console by releasing an Xbox One S, and then a Series S, and now this.

I've bought every MS console day 1 (except for Series X as they were hard to find at release) bought more games than probably any Xbox owner here, but if they're not going to support physical media going forward then i'm out.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#87 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34766 Posts

So now there's no excuse for MS barely having anything worthwhile to play.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8508 Posts

Wait, Blackhairedhero/RGamer calling out others for alt!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Pedro

@HalcyonScarlet said:

All digital is the future.🥳

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@last_lap said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

There's just one problem, and that is there is a LOT of detail in the pic for a "prototype" I think its 100% real. And my reasoning for that is MS track record, MS started a digital console by releasing an Xbox One S, and then a Series S, and now this.

I've bought every MS console day 1 (except for Series X as they were hard to find at release) bought more games than probably any Xbox owner here, but if they're not going to support physical media going forward then i'm out.

Doesn't sony currently have a one flagship disk model and one flagship disk less model on the market? Wht do they got to do that but Microsoft doesn't? And where was your rage when they announced a diskless ps5?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Pedro

@TheEroica: Digital only is going to destroy gaming. Look how much the PC market has been decimated. 😎

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 MyCatIsMilk

@theam0g said:
@mycatismilk said:

Game Pass is on nearly any device with an internet connection, my friend.

Not PlayStation/Nintendo Switch, which are the only devices I own that have any capability of playing video games. :/

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Pedro

@mycatismilk: That maybe temporary.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MyCatIsMilk

@Pedro said:

@mycatismilk: That maybe temporary.

That has been my thought, honestly. It's only a matter of time before Sony chooses to compromise and allow Gamepass on their console. :3

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Last_Lap  Online

@TheEroica: For starters MS started digital consoles last gen with its Xbox One S, and have continued it this gen, Sony are just following in MS footsteps, but at least they have 2 options going forward (for now, but that could change) whereas you can see by the pic MS does not.

And the vast majority of my gaming and thus my physical collection is on Xbox. And if MS don't want to support me then I won't support them.

Let's not forget, MS themselves make a big song & dance about how they love backwards compatibility and how it's future consoles would be built around that, and yet it's just another lie from MS.

I hope it's just a prototype, and MS make playing disks an option next gen, but I doubt it very much, and I will gladly eat crow if they do create a next gen console with a disk drive. But if they and Sony don't then I will 💩 on them equally don't worry about that.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#96 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

Waiting for all of them to show up on Gamepass.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@last_lap said:

@TheEroica: For starters MS started digital consoles last gen with its Xbox One S, and have continued it this gen, Sony are just following in MS footsteps, but at least they have 2 options going forward (for now, but that could change) whereas you can see by the pic MS does not.

And the vast majority of my gaming and thus my physical collection is on Xbox. And if MS don't want to support me then I won't support them.

Let's not forget, MS themselves make a big song & dance about how they love backwards compatibility and how it's future consoles would be built around that, and yet it's just another lie from MS.

I hope it's just a prototype, and MS make playing disks an option next gen, but I doubt it very much, and I will gladly eat crow if they do create a next gen console with a disk drive. But if they and Sony don't then I will 💩 on them equally don't worry about that.

It's really difficult to take your concerns so serious and I'm not trying to invalidate your concerns, but your picking and choosing what you perceive as bad by making leaps in logic.... Both Sony and Microsoft have a digital and non digital offering. Even with a new Xbox seemingly coming out it will not negate the fact that you will still be able to buy a disk version of an Xbox series X if you are one of the few people who still want to game that way. Statistics show less people game that way and the statistics may show further that gamers aren't using backwards compatibility as much either.... I don't know, but where your thinking goes from, "both Sony and Microsoft have digital and non digital consoles" to, "zomg! Microsoft is about to kill physical media!!!" is a stretch and a half.

I say, let things play out.... We have an amazing hobby where when publishers put up a wall, we work around it. We've been doing that since the beginning and it'll never stop. Gamers run this business.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Pedro

@TheEroica: Some folks love being drama kings. It is why it is hard to take gamers seriously.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Last_Lap  Online

@TheEroica said:
@last_lap said:

It's really difficult to take your concerns so serious and I'm not trying to invalidate your concerns, but your picking and choosing what you perceive as bad by making leaps in logic.... Both Sony and Microsoft have a digital and non digital offering. Even with a new Xbox seemingly coming out it will not negate the fact that you will still be able to buy a disk version of an Xbox series X if you are one of the few people who still want to game that way. Statistics show less people game that way and the statistics may show further that gamers aren't using backwards compatibility as much either.... I don't know, but where your thinking goes from, "both Sony and Microsoft have digital and non digital consoles" to, "zomg! Microsoft is about to kill physical media!!!" is a stretch and a half.

I say, let things play out.... We have an amazing hobby where when publishers put up a wall, we work around it. We've been doing that since the beginning and it'll never stop. Gamers run this business.

I'm just stating that if MS doesn't make a disc version of it's next gen console, then i'm out. I also stated that MS has been trying to go digital since the Xbox One days. That's not an opinion its digital consoles are proof of that.

And with this new one (they obviously didn't want leaked) they are trying to bring it in towards the end of this gen to soften the blow so to speak for next gen imo.

Also gamers don't run this business, if they did gaming would be in a netter state than its in now.

In the end i'm just stating where I will fall when/if digital becomes the only way to purchase/play games on console, and just leave it at that.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

These yuck yucks couldn’t even manage 5 studios