Xbox multiplatform details coming [Update: Business update is coming Feb 15th on the Official Xbox Podcast]

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

Laying off all the Community Managers may not have been the best move right now lmao

Plot twist, rumors are coming from those laid off.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

@sargentd: yep MS Xbox call of duty, already getting 70% of all revenue on Playstation consoles. Now we will get that revenue from starfield and hi fi rush, and who knows what else??

Poor cows getting milked extra hard and don't even realize it, and you know what, they deserve to get milked. Sony is milking them cows harder than even MS can dream of...just imagine tlou had 4 remasters.

End of the day, it's #gamepassOrBust.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: you're only winning in your own mind, but in reality you're getting rekkd and even memed daily.

Also I'm an open minded lem, this is good news for us. The Xbox brand is spreading to infinity and beyond. Thank you uncle Phil!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11269 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: you're only winning in your own mind, but in reality you're getting rekkd and even memed daily.

Also I'm an open minded lem, this is good news for us. The Xbox brand is spreading to infinity and beyond. Thank you uncle Phil!

By who? Asshurt lems? You people have no home now. LOL! You are in full meltdown mode over shit we told you about a long time ago. 🤣🤣🤣 Now your new cope mechanism is to cheerlead for Xbox as a publisher. There's a reason people don't fanboy for Tencent and Embracer. You are truly hitting rock bottom

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#155 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts

@sargentd: I think Sony could allow GamePass on PlayStation like they do with EA Access etc. but, it's only going to happen if the terms are in their favor. The economics might simply not work out for Microsoft to even attempt to do it.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#156 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 723 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: lol Xbox home is every where - Xbox Play Station Xbox PC Xbox Phone Xbox Switch Xbox Streaming ty Uncle Phil spread the game every where!! lucky all players every where and all money for Uncle Phil 😎

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts
@dabear said:

@BenjaminBanklin: If Xbox games go to PS5 and PS games stay off Xbox, I'm done with MS.

Sony can have the gaming industry. I got my motorcycle, archery, and fishing.

The most honorable xbox fanboy! A knight goes down for his king.

@sealionact said:

Is this post still up? The source has already been debunked and idlesloth deleted his post.

Yeah sure it was so debunked that Xbox influencers deleted their tweets denying that Xbox is planning to release games on Playstation and Switch. Cope however you may

@hardwenzen: By the way I recall you predicting this would happen in 2027. Looks like you were off a little bit 😂

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 mazuiface

@thatforumuser said:

@BenjaminBanklin: lol Xbox home is every where - Xbox Play Station Xbox PC Xbox Phone Xbox Switch Xbox Streaming ty Uncle Phil spread the game every where!! lucky all players every where and all money for Uncle Phil 😎

When everybody plays, we all win! 😉

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@mazuiface said:

@hardwenzen: By the way I recall you predicting this would happen in 2027. Looks like you were off a little bit 😂

Oh no no, this is their last try before shutting it all down. This is not yet the 2027 apocalypse, but in lemmings mind, it might as well be.

MICROSOFT DOESN'T RESPECT YOUR LOVE TOWARD THEM. Instead, they love their ai chatgpt, and not you, the fans. Would never happen with Sony.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

My goal in 2024 is to convert dabear into a cow. He wants it or not, I WILL CONVERT YOU.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 mazuiface

@hardwenzen said:
@mazuiface said:

Oh no no, this is their last try before shutting it all down. This is not yet the 2027 apocalypse, but in lemmings mind, it might as well be.

MICROSOFT DOESN'T RESPECT YOUR LOVE TOWARD THEM. Instead, they love their ai chatgpt, and not you, the fans. Would never happen with Sony.

Perhaps, but even then I would still even be willing to bet that it will happen sooner than 2027.
Anyway I'll be enjoying a PS5 version of Hi-Fi Rush. It will work well with Dual Sense features

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#162 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9740 Posts

Wow! Xbox really is going 3rd party.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 BenjaminBanklin

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#164 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16018 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts
@TheEroica said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@TheEroica said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Always nice to see more gamers getting the ability to enjoy more games. 😎

This! Down with anti consumer practices that bar games from gamers!

@boiled-hotdug said:

How is this bad news for gamers?

Three cheers for Xbox making the competition even stronger! 😁

Your loyalty is to corporations and scoring points against "the other side" how limiting.... My loyalty is to gamers.... Yes enjoy the Microsoft games and thank you in kind for contributing tk the development of their next crop of games. Gamers everywhere appreciate it.

Funny how that works when just mere months ago ALL MS & xbox guys on here were salivating about the idea of Call of Duty being exclusive to Xbox ecosystem and forcing PS guys to switch to xbox!!!!

Now it's, "YAAAH we want more gamers to get more gamez!" Like, what?

lol the agenda to save face on this board is hilarious and also transparent.

All the pro xbox/MS guys were crying about regulators getting in the way of MS buying out publishers in order to COMPETE....AGAINST Nintendo and Sony!

I remember the threads and how DESPERATE xbox & MS apologists on PC were for the ABK deal to go thru, specifically, with the assumption COD would become exclusive after already having had Starfield be confirmed as xbox exclusive. I could dig up some of those threads if needed!? Would be a good laugh to see the flip flop now though

Plz stop the fake cheering for this, the ABK/Bethesda/Activision acquisition threads expose all this fake enthusiasm.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#166  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70393 Posts

@above_average: COD was never going to be exclusive. Sony fannies and their alternative reality and victimhood 🤭

I do recall your goons claiming MS would have a Monopoly with the ABK acquisition 😂

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

@above_average: COD was never going to be exclusive. Sony fannies and their alternative reality and victimhood 🤭

I do recall your goons claiming MS would have a Monopoly with the ABK acquisition 😂

How do you know this? Phil was already making currently in-production games exclusive that weren't officially announced for PS yet. The upcoming CoD games already had marketing contracts with Sony, so those were at least guaranteed to come. But they had to make a new extended deal as a remedy as part of the purchase. I have no doubt Phil would have taken the opportunity to yank future CoDs off PS if he had his way.

If anything, MS having to compromise on CoD likely made the deal worse and put Xbox where they are now. Xbox needed to gain ground fast with the acquisitions they did, and CoD would have done that. They expected the same from Starfield and lost that bet.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

Oh no. That would make more people able to play more games and MS able to sell more games. The horror.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Saint-George  Online
Member since 2023 • 1408 Posts

When Xbox gives games to the needy..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Poo cows. Xbox has been multi for the last decade. ;o

lol :P

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45484 Posts

I guess this didn’t age well lol.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@SolidGame_basic said:

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Pedro
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

How do you know this? Phil was already making currently in-production games exclusive that weren't officially announced for PS yet. The upcoming CoD games already had marketing contracts with Sony, so those were at least guaranteed to come. But they had to make a new extended deal as a remedy as part of the purchase. I have no doubt Phil would have taken the opportunity to yank future CoDs off PS if he had his way.

If anything, MS having to compromise on CoD likely made the deal worse and put Xbox where they are now. Xbox needed to gain ground fast with the acquisitions they did, and CoD would have done that. They expected the same from Starfield and lost that bet.

Look the person who claimed MS would be a monopoly with the ABK deal 😂

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Exactly. If we pull up some of the acquisition threads it would be even worse.

Xbox guys are the most dishonest group of gamers the world has ever seen, they do and say anything to save face for whatever moves MS makes even if they HATE the actions.

There is no reason to feel sorry for these xbox guys, because they honestly did this to themselves.

Xbox dude, "Hurp durp you Sony guys have to pay $70 for games I have gamepass so I'll never buy a game again"

To that effect the race car xbox dude is the only one who actually understood the value of supporting developers and games. He's probably one of the few who wouldn't lie to save face about this which is probably why he's nowhere to be found now.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45484 Posts

@above_average said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Xbox guys are the most dishonest group of gamers the world has ever seen, they do and say anything to save face for whatever moves MS makes even if they HATE the actions.

There is no reason to feel sorry for these xbox guys, because they honestly did this to themselves.

Xbox dude, "Hurp durp you Sony guys have to pay $70 for games I have gamepass so I'll never buy a game again"

To that effect the race car xbox dude is the only one who actually understood the value of supporting developers and games. He's probably one of the few who wouldn't lie to save face about this which is probably why he's nowhere to be found now.

Also remember when Lems were for exclusives when Microsoft was making the bid for Activision lol.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

MS used to be good at monopolies. Who knew they'd **** this attempt up so badly? 🤣🤣🤣

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1215 Posts

@above_average said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

MS used to be good at monopolies. Who knew they'd **** this attempt up so badly? 🤣🤣🤣

No, it is more like you were talking out of your ass despite the facts. You know, the things that you hate.😌

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

lol

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 mazuiface

@loudheadphones: That shows perfectly that the ABK deal was a clear attempt by MS to buy the right to their IPs just to remove them from Playstation. The leaked internal emails were the death sentence, one of them including Matt Booty clearly laying out this strategy of "spending Sony out of business." As soon as the courts knew, they made MS guarantee that this wasn't to take games off of rival platforms and their entire plan was blown apart. I'm so glad that plan failed and now we have more games available for PS and Switch. When everybody plays, we all win 😉

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Nonstop-Madness

@Litchie said:

Oh no. That would make more people able to play more games and MS able to sell more games. The horror.

Xbox fanboys have yearned for the days of the 360 for damn near a decade; this new strategy (if true) puts that Xbox legacy to rest. They have all the right to be angry at Xbox.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#183 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Well, they need to change this page to just "PC vs PlayStation" because "System Wars" is over.

Xbox is dead come spring.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Zero_epyon

@dabear said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Well, they need to change this page to just "PC vs PlayStation" because "System Wars" is over.

I mean, there's still Nintendo.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7057 Posts

Xbox bending the knee to Playstation.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#186 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@dabear said:

I mean, there's still Nintendo.

True, but do people really say "Do I want a Switch or PlayStation/Xbox?".

Almost all of the games we talk about today are PC/PS/Xbox games.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Zero_epyon

https://hard-drive.net/hd/video-games/xbox-considers-raising-game-pass-price-to-70-per-new-game/

REDMOND – Xbox is considering a new pricing strategy for their Game Pass service, charging users a one-time $70 per game fee (only on games they want) instead of a monthly fee, executives at the company confirmed.

“I think gamers would be very thankful to be able to play their games whenever they want,” explained Xbox boss Phil Spencer. “This exciting new pricing strategy will allow our players to keep enjoying their games even after they’re taken off of Game Pass. Not only that, but they’ll be able to choose whether they want to pay for a certain game or skip it and wait for something they’re excited for. These kinds of never-before-seen tactics are why gamers choose us, other than the looming threat of exclusive Elder Scrolls.”

Henry Giorgio, a long-time Game Pass subscriber, said he welcomed the possible change with open arms.

“I kinda like the idea of just picking the games I want and paying for those”, said Giorgio. “The freedom of choice is like no other. It can get really embarrassing paying for a month to play a new game and it ends up being Redfall. I’ll be sure to never make that mistake again.”’

That's an interesting brand new strategy that's never been tried before. What a gamble!

It's satire...

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 BenjaminBanklin

Welp, Jeff Grubb is saying that the announcement may come earlier than expected. The end of February is what he's saying is the ETA right now. Since all this stuff is leaking, they might want to get it nipped in the bud sooner than later. Letting this news float out here that long can't be good for the business of console sales

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Litchie  Online

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@Litchie said:

Xbox fanboys have yearned for the days of the 360 for damn near a decade; this new strategy (if true) puts that Xbox legacy to rest. They have all the right to be angry at Xbox.

I don't know what you're talking about. Who has the right to be angry at Xbox, and why?

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Nonstop-Madness

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Welp, Jeff Grubb is saying that the announcement may come earlier than expected. The end of February is what he's saying is the ETA right now. Since all this stuff is leaking, they might want to get it nipped in the bud sooner than later. Letting this news float out here that long can't be good for the business of console sales

Yeah, that's not soon enough; the brand and community is crumbling. Their biggest challenge will be the fact that they need to be crystal clear; it's either a "no" or a "yes". Otherwise, the damage will keep happening. There's no room for ambiguity anymore.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Zero_epyon

@ghostofgolden said:

Phil was playing Diablo last night, and just did some lite reading on Era a little bit ago.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Nonstop-Madness

@Litchie said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@Litchie said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Who has the right to be angry at Xbox, and why?

The Xbox fanboys / enthusiasts that have been with Xbox since the original Xbox and 360.

They're being tossed aside after a decade of grand promises. Those folks are pissed and, rightfully so.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Litchie  Online
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@Litchie said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@Litchie said:

The Xbox fanboys / enthusiasts that have been with Xbox since the original Xbox and 360.

They're being tossed aside after a decade of grand promises. Those folks are pissed and, rightfully so.

Ok. I don't know about any grand promises that were made and then broken. And I still don't understand why anyone should be pissed.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#195 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44538 Posts

I’ve had Xbox consoles since the original Xbox and have enjoyed them all. If they continue to provide a console, games, and services that I find value in then I will continue to enjoy them. If not then I will move on. I’m not going to get mad about it. That’s why it pays to not be a fanboy for something. 😎

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Zero_epyon

It’s weird how quiet some of the usual lems Are with this news…

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

And now COD is spiraling down the drain. Things just keep getting worse

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3065 Posts

@Zero_epyon: They're all currently crying uncontrollably in front of a homemade alter for Phil, hugging their series s tightly, all while Seal's Kiss From A Rose plays in the background.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Zero_epyon
@Archangel3371 said:

I’ve had Xbox consoles since the original Xbox and have enjoyed them all. If they continue to provide a console, games, and services that I find value in then I will continue to enjoy them. If not then I will move on. I’m not going to get mad about it. That’s why it pays to not be a fanboy for something. 😎

I agree. Microsoft isn’t going anywhere even if the Xbox as a console goes away.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50662 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Phil was playing Diablo last night, and just did some lite reading on Era a little bit ago.

I don't get it lol