Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 lvlUNE3B
Member since 2006 • 3277 Posts

^Topic!

"Kratos: Foul beasts! I will send you back to the depths of Hades!!"

"Narrator: And Kratos cast himself from the highest mountain in all of Greece.After 10 years of suffering, 10 years of endless nightmares, it would finally come to an end.  Death would be his escape from madness..."

Mine favourites!

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

Kratos: "God of war. I haven't forgotten you. For what you did that night, this city will be your grave..." (optional cutscene in Athens)

Kratos: [to Ares] The monster you created has returned... to kill you!

Kratos: Foul Beasts!  I will send you back to the depths of Hades!!! 

Boat Captain: Thank the gods you came back for me!
Kratos: I didn't come back for you! 

Boat Captain: Let go, fool! Lest you drag me down to that cursed river!                               Kratos: There is a task left for me above and I'll see it completed! [stabs him]                     Boat Captain: [grabs Kratos leg] You AGAIN!!! [Kratos kicks him into Styx]

EVERY ARES LINE...espcecially his speech before the clone fight about how to truely destroy a man...

~Ares had the best lines...period *especially his classy last words...BLLLUUUURRRGHH*

K1LLSWITCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 K1LLSWITCH
Member since 2006 • 3355 Posts
For me it would have to be near the beginning of the game where Krato's kills the hydra's off and the captain of the ship is still in the mouth of the big boss hydra. Kratos grabs the captain as if to save him and the captain says; "Oh thank the gods, you came to save me" or something to that effect. And Kratos grabs the key that is wrapped around the captains kneck on a chain, and says; "I didn't come here for you. I came here for this!" and kratos then yanks the key from the captain and drops him into the belly of the beast. That is my favorite anti-hero moment, for me, in the game.
Rollin_on_DUBs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Rollin_on_DUBs
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
Kratos: [to harpie] Foul beast, I know who it is you serve. Now go back to your master; tell him I am his no longer, tell him he is not safe while I walk this Earth.
Dusty114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Dusty114
Member since 2004 • 10403 Posts
Mine is (To Athena): "ATHENA!!!!! 10 years, I have faithfully served the gods for 10 years, when will you relieve me of my nightmares?"
Avatar image for DeltaCommando07
DeltaCommando07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 DeltaCommando07
Member since 2005 • 7443 Posts
basically everything ares says
omerhe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 omerhe
Member since 2006 • 1343 Posts

almost everything ares and kratos say.

i liked ares' victory speech before the final battle

juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#8 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
Kratos: "Mangy beasts!I shall send you back to the depths of Hades!"
neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 neuro_killer
Member since 2008 • 545 Posts

3SUM CHICK #01:

Come back to bed Kratos.

gray

KRATOS:

We're finished. Be gone when I return.

gray

3SUM CHICK #02:

Stay Kratos. Just a bit longer.

gray_dark

KRATOS:

We've reached Athens. Take
your things and get out.

gray

(This dialogue is so sweet and defines the guy so well. He was shagging those girls all the way
to Athens but as soon as the boat reached the destination port he throws them out - in a city
that's just being destroyed by hordes of blood thrirsty beasts. IMO it's very unlikely that they
survived - unless they were able to kill the attacking monsters with sarcasm.)

gray

---

gray

KRATOS' WIFE:

You did this for yourself.

gray

(Her haughtyness and open, harsh disapproval seem totally unrealistic in the context of man/wife
relations in the ancient Sparta. However taken out of historical context it's very good. And true.)

gray

---

gray

BODY BURNER:

So.. you think you can conquer the temple
of the gods, do you. It's never been done,
you know. Sooner or later the harpies will
bring what's left of you back for me to
burn. The gods hid Pandora's Box in here
so no mortal would ever claim its power. And
yet year after year I open the gate for more
and more soldiers and place more and more
bodies on these pyres. If I were you I'd
leave now. But... I can see you are
determined. Very well. May the gods grant
you strenght to conquer the perils that
lay before you. Good luck Spartan.

gray

(This total boredom in his voice. Great.)

gray

---

gray

Also all messages from the mad Architect and the gradual shift rom blind zeal,
through doubt to fierce hatred that he undergoes are very interesting.

logghie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 logghie
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

my favourite is at the ending of god of war 2 wean Kratos goes back in time to talk with gaia

kratos:GAIA!!!

gaia:we have bin expecting you ghost of Sparta. the gods are far to powerful for us to defeat now.

kratos:all Olympus tremble at my name,(now come my favourite part) zeus is weak, ares and athena are dead and I wail the blade. We can win the great war, but not in this time. together we will destroy the Paddie gods and we will see Olympus crumble before us. come with my gaia, return to my time. victory a waits.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 addaminsain
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts

my favourite is at the ending of god of war 2 wean Kratos goes back in time to talk with gaia

kratos:GAIA!!!

gaia:we have bin expecting you ghost of Sparta. the gods are far to powerful for us to defeat now.

kratos:all Olympus tremble at my name,(now come my favourite part) zeus is weak, ares and athena are dead and I wail the blade. We can win the great war, but not in this time. together we will destroy the Paddie gods and we will see Olympus crumble before us. come with my gaia, return to my time. victory a waits.

logghie

That is not exactly what he said though, is it.? :idea:

EDIT

I would have liked Kratos to come out with more cool one liners, though that is not his style.

"I will never forget that day" from the exchange with the Barbarian King holds the most significance for me.

neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 neuro_killer
Hey, but this is God of War 1 quotes thread! :D
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Snake4eva_92
Member since 2006 • 5656 Posts

Paddie Gods? That just makes me think of the Irish...

I can't recall many lines from GoW. But in GoWII, I really enjoyed the final cut scene.

Kratos: Zeus! Your son has returned! I bring the destruction of Olympus!

Short yet sweet. I love cliffhangers for some reason.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 addaminsain

I always felt the Irish gods were somewhat petty. Thats just me though.

Hey, but this is God of War 1 quotes thread! :Dneuro_killer

Is this a dedicated GoW(1) only quotes thread? I know it doesn't mention GoWII in the description but as it did not say "Gow1" only I took the term to refer to all God of War related quotes.

The devil is in the detail.

neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 neuro_killer

Paddie Gods? That just makes me think of the Irish...Snake4eva_92

Well, let's take Ares for instance... wasn't he readheaded? ;)

Kratos: Zeus! Your son has returned! I bring the destruction of Olympus!

Short yet sweet. I love cliffhangers for some reason. Snake4eva_92

I enjoyed it a lot too. But then this awful mind of mine kicked in and I thought... "returned"? If I beat the .c.r.a.p. out of someone and he retreats then when I go after him it's "returning"? :roll:

This made it look like as if Kratos was hanging around for some undefined time and doing some other stuff before attacking Mount Olympus with the Titans... this was odd, but gave me an idea for a short fic, so I won't complain too much ;)

Is this a dedicated GoW(1) only quotes thread? I know it doesn't mention GoWII in the description but as it did not say "Gow1" only I took the term to refer to all God of War related quotes.

The devil is in the detail.addaminsain

It didn't specify the part of the game because at the time the thread was started God of War II wasn't released yet. Look at the date of the initial post. I dug this thread out from the ancient page #13 mrgreen

EDIT:

addaminsain.

Shot happens and continues to do so.

(Swap the "o" for a "i" ) then, deal with it.

addaminsain

Excerement happens and cintinues ti di si? ;)

And seriously; nice GoW related sig. That letter swap methos has always been effective. Like for instance calling somebody a vimy or xybr. Isn't that beautiful? mrgreen

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 addaminsain

Exactly.

It did not say "What is your favourite God of War quote, referring to the current game and excluding any future sequels/prequels." this led me to believe that any GoW qoutes would be acceptable.

(sorry if I seem unusually (?) argumentative/aggressive at present , no offence is intended to anyone. I am just in the mood for debating/arguing.)

Speaking of generic GoW(2) quotations, When Kratos first speaks with Gaia does he say "whom are youm" or is it just my hearing?

EDIT

just read your edit n.

"ti di si" bra-vo I actually decided to alter the sig before I read that. The excess smilie usage is not me. I think the :idea: smilie looks like a cyclops saying "oooh".

I went for a classic clean (rare) addaminsain quote instead.

neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 neuro_killer
Exactly.

It did not say "What is your favourite God of War quote, referring to the current game and excluding any future sequels/prequels." this led me to believe that any GoW qoutes would be acceptable.addaminsain

True, it did not exclude anything but... that's because there was nothing to exclude at the time.

(sorry if I seem unusually (?) argumentative/aggressive at present , no offence is intended to anyone. I am just in the mood for debating/arguing.)addaminsain

Don't restrain yourself ;)

Speaking of generic GoW(2) quotations, When Kratos first speaks with Gaia does he say "whom are youm" or is it just my hearing?addaminsain

For me it sounded normal. Or as normal as a guy who's just got killed and has a huge hole in his torso can speak. He surely sounded very tired but I din't hear neither the whom nor the youm. But then I am not a native speaker and whenever I hear English it's always guessing in 75% so I am not a reliable source of info here green
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 addaminsain

To me the "whom" is apparent and perhaps grammatically correct. I am not 100% certain if he said "youm" or not. I just wondered if anyone else had picked up on it

EDIT

More than the mere lack of foresight (by whoever started this thread[lune?]) is required to prevent me from raising a GoW2 quote.

n., what makes you thionk (I keep making that typo and for once will leave it in) this is a thread for discussing GoW1 quotes only?

If I don't restrain myself, who will?

neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 neuro_killer

To me the "whom" is apparent and perhaps grammatically correct. I am not 100% certain if he said "youm" or not. I just wondered if anyone else had picked up on itaddaminsain

"Whom you are" looks very strange.

More than the mere lack of foresight (by whoever started this thread[lune?]) is required to prevent me from raising a GoW2 quote.

n., what makes you thionk (I keep making that typo and for once will leave it in) this is a thread for discussing GoW1 quotes only?addaminsain

The date and the title. Generally, whole this union is a God of War union so all you GoW2 fans should leave and form a TUGOW2U union instead of spamming here constantly.

If I don't restrain myself, who will?addaminsain

No one. That's what's it's all about. GO addaminsain, GO! :D

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 addaminsain

So you would have this union fractured and leave it lying broken over semantics.

I feel the desire to include the word fractious here but am unsure of how to work it in.

Perhaps if we had an empowered leader with the ability to EDIT other peoples posts then details like this could be cleared up.

neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 neuro_killer

So you would have this union fractured and leave it lying broken over semantics.addaminsain

Don't deprecate semantics for semantics regulates your perception of the so called Reality.

And fracturing the Union; I see it more as straightening this place up than actual split.

(In case somebody didn't notice - I'm joking.)

I feel the desire to include the word fractious here but am unsure of how to work it in.

Perhaps if we had an empowered leader with the ability to EDIT other peoples posts then details like this could be cleared up.

addaminsain

A few possible drastic cases aside, for me editing other people's posts, both by moderators and the leader, is unacceptable.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 addaminsain

Editing of others posts isn't really what I meant. Editing as such would be a loss of "free" speech. I just meant in terms of neatening things up, thats all, for clarity and ease of reference.

Don't deprecate semantics for semantics regulates your perception of the so called Reality.

And fracturing the Union; I see it more as straightening this place up than actual split.

(In case somebody didn't notice - I'm joking.)

neuro_killer

(I noticed but am choosing to act as though you were serious)

Fine! Tear this beautiful union asunder split, the members (ouch) into two hate filled factions, continually making snide comments about the other, inferior union.

That said I would have to join TUGOWIIU so I fear our paths may part. That would not be good.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts
(I felt like joining this imaginary strife, so...) You realize the Union would be split into three. While Chains of Olympus is still new, a PSP game, and likely less liked(overall) than the others, it is still a full GOW installment(prequals count), and as such would warrant its own union as well. Not to mention the eventual fourth Union for GOWIII, which would likely cause the others to lose next to all their members. I think I would choose the TUGOWIIU as well, although the TUGOWCOOU would tempt me.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 addaminsain

Thanks alucard. Imaginary arguments over trivial matters are the ones most worth pursuing in great depth, aren't they?

I knew I should have included CoO, thusly dividing this once great uniuon into three petty warring tribes.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Alucard_rules
Absolutely fellow TUGOWIIU member, we'll teach those brain-dead TUGOWU and TUGOWCOOU losers that our game in this same franchise that is only a little different, is the best and is the only one that deserves to be worshipped.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 addaminsain

Damn Right!

(in the style of 300)

TUGOWIIU members, what is your profesion? GOWIIing!! (pronounced guh oh whu t wing)

neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 neuro_killer

Fine! Tear this beautiful union asunder split, the members (ouch) into two hate filled factions, continually making snide comments about the other, inferior union.addaminsain

Order above all!

That said I would have to join TUGOWIIU so I fear our paths may part. That would not be good.addaminsain

If you do that, our war paths will cross frequently! evil

(I felt like joining this imaginary strife, so...) You realize the Union would be split into three. While Chains of Olympus is still new, a PSP game, and likely less liked(overall) than the others, it is still a full GOW installment(prequals count), and as such would warrant its own union as well. Not to mention the eventual fourth Union for GOWIII, which would likely cause the others to lose next to all their members. I think I would choose the TUGOWIIU as well, although the TUGOWCOOU would tempt me. Alucard_rules

Yes. Those prequel fans should leave and form their own union as well. They do not belong here either black glasses

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fightmastermax
Member since 2008 • 779 Posts

It would be difficult for myself to choose between GoW1 and GoWII (according to hypothetical TUGOWU factions). I would play bother sides. Simple as that. No allegiance to either but working for both.

CoO is lovely but I have far too many issues with it to even think of comparing it to GoW1 or GoWII. Fun though it is..shiny and new. Offering a few new things in place of various dropped elements...but not enough.

~A cute change of topic to be sure.

neuro: How goes your run? The NUR thread awaits progress reports.

addaminsain: And you? Updates are desired. I'd like to see you through the Translator. Once you pass that hurdle, you will, without a doubt, clear the run with relative ease. All your recent fun runs could have undone (temporarily) the 'perfection' you had to meet when doing GK:TM conditions...but you should be able to rise to the occassion.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 addaminsain

From CoO when a large cyclops appears;

"Flank Him, Flank Him"

Cyclops kill a soldier,

"Flee, Flee".

Comedy gold. reminiscent of the viscious bunny scene from "The Holy Grail"

EDIT

just re read the earlier posts.

Aren't acronyms fun. Does anyone else say them out loud? TUGOWU. :D

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Snake4eva_92
Member since 2006 • 5656 Posts

I sound out the acronyms in my head as long as they're longer than 2 letters usually.

TUG-O-WOO

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fightmastermax

Hmmm, yes. I concur.

*phatom jerks*

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 addaminsain

Hmmm, yes. I concur.

*phatom jerks*

WTF?

fightmastermax
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fightmastermax
[QUOTE="fightmastermax"]

Hmmm, yes. I concur.

*phatom jerks*

OMG so sexy!

addaminsain

True

~You need to read MOAR LegoRobot...

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 addaminsain
I am well versed in Legorobot. I was referring to the missing "n"
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fightmastermax

MOAR not MORE.

~today's a good day to behave like the 'god of thunder'. So whip it out and sing a little Dragonforce!!

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 addaminsain

Hmm, yes a very valid point. *blows bubbles from pipe*

You've got to subscribe to my pay site, just like everyone else.

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fightmastermax

diddle diddle diddle

~WUT NAO?

174IQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 174IQ
Member since 2008 • 210 Posts
This Nao
neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 neuro_killer

LAKHESIS:

Hear me, fallen god. None defy
with the Fates decree. That is how
it must be. Only death awaits you
at the end of your journey.

KRATOS:

My death is what's begun this journey.

LAKHESIS:

The Fates have not deemed victory
for you. Your soul will never find
peace for what you have become.

KRATOS:

I am what the gods have made me!

A great, powerful fragment - if taken out context though, because in the context of GoW it makes no sense at all. It would, had the plotline been different. But in Jaffe's version it doesn't.

The problem is that Kratos was a ruthless monster long before he summoned Ares during the battle with barbarians. He started a total domestic war. He murdered, destroyed and burned on a massive scale. It's impossible to "rob" someone out of something they do not have. Therefore Ares could not rob Kratos out of his humanity because Kratos already was inhuman.

However, if he was portrayed as an ambitious but noble warrior cultivating the four cardinal Platonian virtues (wisdom, courage, moderation, justice) whom Ares transformed into a killing addcited beast, it would all make perfect sense.

MrCycleCancel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrCycleCancel
Member since 2008 • 1869 Posts
"mnghh" heard often enough from Lahkesis.
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Alucard_rules
Well aren't you the classy one?
MrCycleCancel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MrCycleCancel

Ineed I am good sir. I refer you to the text that appears after my every utterance.

A touch of class.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Alucard_rules
Of course, its just fun to point out the obvious.
Avatar image for thecrippler2005
thecrippler2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thecrippler2005
Member since 2005 • 781 Posts

Here's my favourite quote:

Ares: (while faltering) Kratos...Do not forget that it was I who saved you in your time of greatest need!

Kratos: I haven't forgotten Ares

Ares: That night... I was trying to make you a great warrior!
Kratos: ...You succeeded. (and drives the Blade of The Gods into Ares).

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Alucard_rules
One of many excellent quotes.
Kuro-sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kuro-sama
Member since 2008 • 2975 Posts

Quite.

"As the flames consumed the temple, Kratos realized that his true enemy was the God who had saved his life, the same God who had now taken everything from him"

Darklord94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Darklord94
Member since 2007 • 383 Posts
the scene where in the end of chains of olympus where the titan tells kratos that he will forever be a slave to the gods.
bigboss_gil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 bigboss_gil
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts
ariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MrCycleCancel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrCycleCancel
I don't recall any Astrological references in the game.
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
I like the second games one where he says to the translator: " This is your porpose die with honor! "