What would your solution be for the Disinformation Crisis?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178874 Posts

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Meltdown? No. I just saw how horrible a person and leader he was. His policies hurt the country. And he had the votes to pass them. I'll remind you again to learn how legislation is passed. You seem clueless.

No they didn't. We were better off then then we are now. Also learn basic reading comprehension and get back to me.

No we were not better off. We had a raging pandemic, Americans were losing their lives, we were a joke internationally, hate became accepted, he used the military against peaceful protestors, and he tried to end democracy.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Apparently you don't if you think Diane Feinstein can do it herself.

Did I say she could do it by herself? Do you enjoy just making shit up as you go along?

One influential member of a party can persuade votes and the up and coming Democrats aren't very moderate.

Yes you did. You brought Diane Fienstein up as the being able to ban guns. That was YOUR response.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@silentchief said:

Democrats are far less likely to own guns.

This was not the claim.

This was the claim,

@silentchief said:

But if you think the side who is horrified of guns and wants their rights taken a way

You said side. Not 1 person. No source has been given for this claim. Going by Pew and Gallup, the above claim appears [False]. A majority of Democrats appear to agree with a majority or very large portion of US citizens, on average. Most just want common sense gun control.

Disinformation noted.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

You have to provide a source showing both together lol. Your own link refutes your own argument,

No it doesn't.

Uh what,

"The breakdown of the ratings were not reflective of troops themselves, meanwhile. Rather, the study looked at “current assessments of force levels likely needed to defend U.S. interests against major enemies in contemporary or near-future combat operations.”"

🤦‍♀️

And I read the actual "study". Not once does it mention progressive recruits. Or even liberal recruits. They don't even HINT at your fake hypothesis.

@silentchief said:

recruit more progressives. As a result our millitary is currently the weakest it's been in Years.

The above quote is FAKE. You have provided 0 sources stating your claim that progressive recruits have weekend our military. Zero. This was an outright LIE. Nothing more.

Disinformation noted.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Schools need to teach critical thinking skills rather than plug and chug and memorization.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Zaryia

Speaking of disinformation,

Conservatives’ susceptibility to political misperceptions | Science Advances

We provide robust evidence that American conservatives discriminate between political truths and falsehoods less well than liberals when assessing a broad cross section of real-world political claims.

Republican candidates are spreading more fake news than just two years ago - The Washington Post

Yes, according toour analysisof congressional candidates’ Facebook posts. We found that politicians in the 2022 election are sharing more links to unreliable news sources than they did in 2020, and the increase appears to be driven by nonincumbent Republican candidates.

COVID Misinformation Is Killing People - Scientific American

The confluence of misinformation and infectious disease isn’t unique to COVID-19.Misinformation contributedto the spread of the Ebola epidemic in West Africa, and itplagues effortsto educate the public on the importance of vaccinating against measles. But when it comes to COVID-19, the pandemic has come to be defined by a tsunami of persistent misinformation to the public on everything from the utility of masks and the efficacy of school closures, to the wisdom behind social distancing, and even the promise of untested remedies. According to a study published by theNational Bureau of Economic Research, areas of the country exposed to television programming that downplayed the severity of the pandemic saw greater numbers of cases and deaths—because people didn’t follow public health precautions.

Not sure what we can do about this. It's not healthy for our nation. Jesus we have disinformation literally killing people during COvid.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7065 Posts

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

You have to provide a source showing both together lol. Your own link refutes your own argument,

No it doesn't.

Uh what,

"The breakdown of the ratings were not reflective of troops themselves, meanwhile. Rather, the study looked at “current assessments of force levels likely needed to defend U.S. interests against major enemies in contemporary or near-future combat operations.”"

🤦‍♀️

And I read the actual "study". Not once does it mention progressive recruits. Or even liberal recruits. They don't even HINT at your fake hypothesis.

@silentchief said:

recruit more progressives. As a result our millitary is currently the weakest it's been in Years.

The above quote is FAKE. You have provided 0 sources stating your claim that progressive recruits have weekend our military. Zero. This was an outright LIE. Nothing more.

Disinformation noted.

Look up the definition of the word " refute " and get back to me.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Silentchief

@zaryia:

You said side. Not 1 person. No source has been given for this claim. Going by Pew and Gallup, the above claim appears [False]. A majority of Democrats appear to agree with a majority or very large portion of US citizens, on average. Most just want common sense gun control.

Disinformation noted.

Did I say " All Democrats "?

The vast majority don't own a gun and it's Democratic politicians pushing for gun control and bans based around terms they can't even clearly define.

If they had their way we would have nothing but bolt action rifles with nothing more then 5 rounds. You're trying to argue about semantics the reality is the left has constantly been pushing for the removal of gun rights and most of their gun control goes far beyond " common sense" gun reform.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

@zaryia said:

Speaking of disinformation,

Conservatives’ susceptibility to political misperceptions | Science Advances

We provide robust evidence that American conservatives discriminate between political truths and falsehoods less well than liberals when assessing a broad cross section of real-world political claims.

Republican candidates are spreading more fake news than just two years ago - The Washington Post

Yes, according toour analysisof congressional candidates’ Facebook posts. We found that politicians in the 2022 election are sharing more links to unreliable news sources than they did in 2020, and the increase appears to be driven by nonincumbent Republican candidates.

COVID Misinformation Is Killing People - Scientific American

The confluence of misinformation and infectious disease isn’t unique to COVID-19.Misinformation contributedto the spread of the Ebola epidemic in West Africa, and itplagues effortsto educate the public on the importance of vaccinating against measles. But when it comes to COVID-19, the pandemic has come to be defined by a tsunami of persistent misinformation to the public on everything from the utility of masks and the efficacy of school closures, to the wisdom behind social distancing, and even the promise of untested remedies. According to a study published by theNational Bureau of Economic Research, areas of the country exposed to television programming that downplayed the severity of the pandemic saw greater numbers of cases and deaths—because people didn’t follow public health precautions.

Not sure what we can do about this. It's not healthy for our nation. Jesus we have disinformation literally killing people during COvid.

Yup, and now I am seeing an increasing ammount of anti GMO-sentiments among republicans.

Says a lot about the lack of value their ideology has when they continue to push for disinformation like this.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1290 Posts

@Maroxad: In regards to that poll you posted, what did they base the results off of to conclude that Fins wouldn’t be deceived?

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1290 Posts

@Maroxad: How would one be able to take a poll to know for a fact that one wouldn’t be deceived by fake news? What was that poll even going off of to suggest that Fins were less likely to believe false information?

If someone is gullible, can you teach them to be less gullible or do you have to protect them their entire lives? Children, absolutely. A full grown, abled adult? Hmm… not sure. I’m also not sure how you would be absolutely certain that, if a law was out in place to prevent false news, to be certain that it’s actually true and not continued lies.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6965 Posts

@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

Disinformation noted.

Did I say " All Democrats "?

The vast majority don't own a gun and it's Democratic politicians pushing for gun control and bans based around terms they can't even clearly define.

If they had their way we would have nothing but bolt action rifles with nothing more then 5 rounds. You're trying to argue about semantics the reality is the left has constantly been pushing for the removal of gun rights and most of their gun control goes far beyond " common sense" gun reform.

The majority of Republicans don't own a gun either. It is about 44% Republican vs 20% Democrat or 30% of total adult population. Which tell us about 70% of adult population does not own a gun. Or you could go with adults with a gun in the home which is about 40%.

Sure, much of proposed gun control is poorly thought out and the issue is emotionally charged. Then again, doing nothing is also poorly thought out and emotionally charged.

So perhaps, a considerable portion of the 70% that don't own a gun could support reasonable policy if you could have a reasonable conversation that isn't either 'muh rights' or 'ban guns'. Or go with the 60% of households if that makes you feel better.

Most people are actually reasonable, regardless of party politics. From your posting history, you aren't one of them. Which makes it funny when you talk about semantics.

US Gun Ownership

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Silentchief

@SUD123456:

Most people are actually reasonable, regardless of party politics. From your posting history, you aren't one of them. Which makes it funny when you talk about semantics.

I'm center right. It says alot about you when anything right of center is unreasonable.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@SUD123456:

I'm center right. It says alot about you when anything right of center is unreasonable.

The 4 pieces of disinformation you ironically spread in this thread of all threads seemed pretty far right. Honestly, I can not blame @SUD123456for calling you that after reading this thread.

As SUD said, most Americans and most Democrats are reasonable on gun policy and control. This is confirmed by Pew and Gallup. No single side is "horrified of guns". We rate this claim as [False].

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Apparently you don't if you think Diane Feinstein can do it herself.

Did I say she could do it by herself? Do you enjoy just making shit up as you go along?

One influential member of a party can persuade votes and the up and coming Democrats aren't very moderate.

Yes you did. You brought Diane Fienstein up as the being able to ban guns. That was YOUR response.

Jesus christ are you trolling? You said there was no one trying to ban guns. I showed you that wasn't true. You either lied or you were misinformed. Now your trying to say it doesn't matter because one person can't ban guns?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

@SUD123456:

The 4 pieces of disinformation you ironically spread in this thread of all threads seemed pretty far right. Honestly, I can not blame @SUD123456for calling you that after reading this thread.

As SUD said, most Americans and most Democrats are reasonable on gun policy and control. This is confirmed by Pew and Gallup. No single side is "horrified of guns". We rate this claim as [False].

Coming from the guy who has called " Republicans terrorist" and traitors ? Do you think anyone other then the leftist puppets on this forum find you reasonable?

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Now that we are back to book banning in the U.S. we are totally screwed. Has history taught us nothing? (we all know the answer to that)

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Maroxad

@mycatismilk: They are basing it on various metrics. Part of it includes being able to tell nonsense from apart from factual information, identifying half-truths, trust in expertise and more. I cannot find the original research I went through when making this thread unfortunately, so I am mostly going off memory here. Either way the results are clear. Critical Thinking is a skill that can be taught and trained.

@mojito1988 said:

Now that we are back to book banning in the U.S. we are totally screwed. Has history taught us nothing? (we all know the answer to that)

To be fair, maybe history would have taught them something if they didn't censor it :P

On a serious note: I think people have looked at history from the wrong lens. One thing I notice history class is that a lot of people see it as some way to glorify their own nation, rather than learning from past events, what worked, what didn't work. To contextualize current events.

@silentchief said:

@SUD123456:

Just stop with this lie and actually own up to something for once.

You have advocated for genocide previously. And in this thread, you are spewing constant and blatant misinformation over political tribalism. You have also demonstrated blatant anti-intellectualism in past threads too such as that Steven Crowder thread of yours.

The attitudes you demonstrated in that thread, as well as the ones here, is exactly why we need to concern ourselves with media and scientific illiteracy.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

We didn't read those history books to begin with. That's what makes America so great.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

@SUD123456:

Coming from the guy who has called " Republicans terrorist" and traitors ?

Disinformation #5. I never said this, and didn't even loosely imply it.

If you actually followed the quote chain which you heavily participated in, you would know I was only talking about the Republicans who you implied would defect against the US in a hypothetical Civil War. Those would indeed be treacherous terrorists. However, I just don't think any meaningful number of service members would violate their oath because they happen to politically lean a certain way. And why I found your whole premise quite bizarre.

We rate this claim as [False and Misleading].

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

@SUD123456:

Coming from the guy who has called " Republicans terrorist" and traitors ?

Disinformation #5. I never said this, and didn't even loosely imply it.

If you actually followed the quote chain which you heavily participated in, you would know I was only talking about the Republicans who you implied would defect against the US in a hypothetical Civil War. Those would indeed be treacherous terrorists. However, I just don't think any meaningful number of service members would violate their oath because they happen to politically lean a certain way. And why I found your whole premise quite bizarre.

We rate this claim as [False and Misleading].

Yes you have for nearly two years. Like when you insinuated the majority of the republican party supported January 6th based off a shitty CNN survey.

Stop lying Zaryia, nobody would use you as any sort of Fact checker.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:

@SUD123456:

Dude you're not center. You're far right and your opinions expressed in this forum back that up. Be honest with yourself.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

Like when you insinuated the majority of the republican party supported January 6th based off a shitty CNN survey.

CNN's pollster is actually well ranked.

Pollster Ratings | FiveThirtyEight

The poll I posted was not false or fake or inaccurate. Public sentiment merely quickly shifted as new information came out, as it often can. I stated nothing incorrect.

We rate this as [Disinformation & Misleading]

@silentchief said:

I did not once call Republicans terrorists and traitors ITT.

We rate this as [False]

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

@SUD123456:

Dude you're not center. You're far right and your opinions expressed in this forum back that up. Be honest with yourself.

I am actually. You have proven to me you have no clue wtf your talking about. You said " my hero Trump" . Which goes to show you are oblivious.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I am actually. You have proven to me you have no clue wtf your talking about. You said " my hero Trump" . Whish goes to show you are oblivious.

You continually defended his heinous actions.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Like when you insinuated the majority of the republican party supported January 6th based off a shitty CNN survey.

The poll I posted was not false or fake or inaccurate. Public sentiment merely quickly shifted as new information came out, as it often can. I stated nothing incorrect.

@silentchief said:

We rate this as [False]

Opinions shifted that hard in a week? Who the **** would use a CNN poll to measure right wing sentiment? It was a shitpost which you do often.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Silentchief

@Maroxad:

You have advocated for genocide previously. And in this thread, you are spewing constant and blatant misinformation over political tribalism. You have also demonstrated blatant anti-intellectualism in past threads too such as that Steven Crowder thread of yours.

The attitudes you demonstrated in that thread, as well as the ones here, is exactly why we need to concern ourselves with media and scientific illiteracy.

Own up to what? That most of you are sheep who deny basic Biology based off a the studies of a scientific quack? You lost your right to talk about intellectualism.

The MSM is dominated by the left and they have been responsible for large portions of misinformation. Many of which you outright denied and then defended later on.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I am actually. You have proven to me you have no clue wtf your talking about. You said " my hero Trump" . Whish goes to show you are oblivious.

You continually defended his heinous actions.

Lol what actions are those exactly? If your talking about January 6th I never defended that. I think he used vulnerable people to cause a shitstorm and then abandoned them.

Most my arguments were involved with leftwing posters who said it was worse then 9/11 because shill media told them to think that.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Maroxad
@silentchief said:

@Maroxad:

Own up to what? That most of you are sheep who deny basic Biology based off a the studies of a scientific quack? You lost your right to talk about intellectualism.

The MSM is dominated by the left and they have been responsible for large portions of misinformation. Many of which you outright denied and then defended later on.

Own up to your own beliefs. The fact that everyone points out you are far right while you pretend to be moderate shows no one is falling for it.

And your random accusation demonstrates the exact scientific and media illiteracy this thread is about. One you have demonstrated repeatedly throughout this thread.

For the record. Calling people sheep for adjusting our beliefs based on overwhelming scientific evidence, makes us intellectually honest. Now what is it that was pointed out earlier in this thread?

@mattbbpl said:

@Maroxad: "The only reason it might seem differently is that the nonsense is on the left tends to get pushed to the fringes."

That's the goal, man. The difference is the left mainstream has rejected them while the right mainstream has embraced them (US centric viewpoint, globally things stack up differently). They've told their adherents, 'This is ok, even good!" This is what they want.

Exactly this.

Now what basic biology are you talking about that we deny? The left has booted out its anti-GMO, vaccine hysteria and anti-western medicine stance, to the fringes.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

@silentchief said:

We rate this as [False]

Opinions shifted that hard in a week?

1. Yes. This happens.

2. The question in the second poll was different.

3. Off-Topic meandering because you were caught in a lie in THIS thread. Stop bringing up lies about other threads.

@silentchief said:

It was a shitpost which you do often.

No I don't. Stop going off-topic with random ad-hominem attacks.

You were caught lying 5 times in this thread with disinformation, proven with citation and multiple posters. The only good thing about that is it proves the TC/OP correct.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

@silentchief said:

We rate this as [False]

Opinions shifted that hard in a week?

1. Yes. This happens.

2. The question in the second poll was different.

3. Off-Topic meandering because you were caught in a lie in THIS thread. Stop bringing up lies about other threads.

@silentchief said:

It was a shitpost which you do often.

No I don't. Stop going off-topic with random ad-hominem attacks.

You were caught lying 5 times in this thread with disinformation, proven with citation and multiple posters. The only good thing about that is it proves the TC/OP correct.

Nothing I said was a lie. You are a far left shitposter with extreme leftwing bias.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Silentchief

@Maroxad:

Own up to your own beliefs. The fact that everyone points out you are far right while you pretend to be moderate shows no one is falling for it.

And your random accusation demonstrates the exact scientific and media illiteracy this thread is about. One you have demonstrated repeatedly throughout this thread.

For the record. Calling people sheep for adjusting our beliefs based on overwhelming scientific evidence, makes us intellectually honest. Now what is it that was pointed out earlier in this thread?

The fact is It's a small group of leftist posters on this forum that have continuous circle jerks over leftwing topics. You prefer to surround yourself in a bubble. For you misinformation comes from only one side. All science that fits your narrative is settled science.

What overwhelming scientific evidence are you speaking about? The left embraces tribalism and it's not on the fringes it's on the mainstream. The left panders to fringe activist at every attempt.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127528 Posts

Aren’t rightwingers given special treatment on almost every platform out there? Sorta have to with how little rightwing politicians base their platform on reality I guess.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#134 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4389 Posts

@horgen said:

Aren’t rightwingers given special treatment on almost every platform out there? Sorta have to with how little rightwing politicians base their platform on reality I guess.

yes they are. there is a limit thru.

posting defined death threats. will get them banned . from even those sites.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Maroxad
@silentchief said:

@Maroxad:

The fact is It's a small group of leftist posters on this forum that have continuous circle jerks over leftwing topics. You prefer to surround yourself in a bubble. For you misinformation comes from only one side. All science that fits your narrative is settled science.

What overwhelming scientific evidence are you speaking about? The left embraces tribalism and it's not on the fringes it's on the mainstream. The left panders to fringe activist at every attempt.

Once again, you deal with blatant misinformation. I literally called out left wing pseudoscience earlier in this thread

Left Woo: Anti-GMO, Anti-Nuclear, Lysenkoism, Overselling Climate Change, Magic Crystals, Homeopathy, Indigo Children, Quantum Woo, Astrology, Anima Mundi, Magic Energy, Dolphin Woo, Sacred Geometry, Law of Attraction, Human Design, Vitalism, refusal to accept obesity as a disorder.

Fortunately for you however. It is not uncommon for people on the left to adjust their positions to new scientific evidence. Which is why none of these are really found in the mainstream left in 2023 asdie from Overselling Climate Change (but even that is just more due to miscalculations, rather than intellectual dishonesty).

As for overwhelming evidence, you tell me what you are even referring to to begin with. That said, whether the topic is vaccines, the existance of mental illness, the (lack) of detrimental health effects from wind turbines or germ theory. Empirical evidence overwhelmingly supports the conclusions we accept.

And no, we don't uplift the fringes, we push them aside. Otherwise New Age mumbo jumbo would be a mainstream political position on the democratic party.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Silentchief

@Maroxad:

Fortunately for you however. It is not uncommon for people on the left to adjust their positions to new scientific evidence. Which is why none of these are really found in the mainstream left in 2023 asdie from Overselling Climate Change (but even that is just more due to miscalculations, rather than intellectual dishonesty).

As for overwhelming evidence, you tell me what you are even referring to to begin with. That said, whether the topic is vaccines, the existance of mental illness or that wind turbines don't cause long term health issues, is supported by an overwhelming amount of empirical data. Not to mention, Germ Theory is also met with overwhelming support.

Yet it's the left who's all in on gender theory ( supporting gender reassignment in children ) with little to know long term studies to back it up. The fat acceptance( healthy at any size) and yes climate change hysteria.

These are not fringe movements among the left they are mainstream.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Maroxad

@silentchief said:

@Maroxad:

As for overwhelming evidence, you tell me what you are even referring to to begin with. That said, whether the topic is vaccines, the existance of mental illness or that wind turbines don't cause long term health issues, is supported by an overwhelming amount of empirical data. Not to mention, Germ Theory is also met with overwhelming support.

Yet it's the left who's all in on gender theory ( supporting gender reassignment in children ) with little to know long term studies to back it up. The fat acceptance( healthy at any size) and yes climate change hysteria.

Gender Theory is not even a biological topic. And for the record, there is an overwhelming body of evidence supporting the validity of Gender Theory. But I have no interest in derailing a thread that concerns a real political issue with your low IQ idpol crap.

Health at any size mentalities are on the fringe. Not mainstream, let alone 'most of us'.

Climate Change Hysteria is a minor issue with the left and I will give you that, but it is far more benign than climate change denial. Not to mention, it is born from misinterpreting existing data, not from some "quack". This can stem from a lack of scientific literacy. That said, it is not a biological topic, so not sure what this has to do with Basic Biology.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Meltdown? No. I just saw how horrible a person and leader he was. His policies hurt the country. And he had the votes to pass them. I'll remind you again to learn how legislation is passed. You seem clueless.

No they didn't. We were better off then then we are now. Also learn basic reading comprehension and get back to me.

No we were not better off. We had a raging pandemic, Americans were losing their lives, we were a joke internationally, hate became accepted, he used the military against peaceful protestors, and he tried to end democracy.

Yes we were. A joke internationally? Look at us now! Russia invaded Ukraine, The Afghan withdrawal made us look pathetic, China constantly trolls us and now Iran is sending war ships to test us. We look pathetic and nobody thinks twice about screwing with us because Biden is pathetic.

Meanwhile we have record inflation a president that makes it worse and are on the verge of the biggest economic collapse since 2008. Yea were doing swell 🤣

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

Yes we were. A joke internationally? Look at us now! Russia invaded Ukraine, The Afghan withdrawal made us look pathetic, China constantly trolls us and now Iran is sending war ships to test us. We look pathetic and nobody thinks twice about screwing with us because Biden is pathetic.

Meanwhile we have record inflation a president that makes it worse and are on the verge of the biggest economic collapse since 2008. Yea were doing swell 🤣

Russia was not and is not afraid of trump. They always planned on trying to take back the USSR. Putin said that. The Afghan withdrawal was set in motion BY THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Maroxad

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Yes, under Trump the US was an international joke.

You can see foreign attitudes towards the US, with a few google searches, It is a lot more positive under Biden than it was under Trump. Trump was taken advantage of by EVERYONE. In Europe he was seen as an imbecile. In North Korea, Turkey and Russia he was seen as a useful idiot. And would gladly take advantage of him. China's made MASSIVE geopolitical strides under Trump. And it wasnt in spite of trump, but because of him. The Ukraine War would have happened with or without Trump in charge.

Hell, why do you think most dictators wanted Trump to win 2020 and not Biden? Because Trump was the very definition of a useful idiot. He was incredibly easy to play and take advantage of.

This is how he was seen in europe.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/angela-merkel-donald-trump-explain-eu-trade-11-times-germany-chancellor-us-president-a7699591.html

You would of course know this if you didnt work backwards from your conclusions.

As for the inflation. The US does exceptional well compared to most industrialized nations when it comes to dealing with this inflation. Biden has not only handled COVID well, but the inflation too. It is clear he or his administration is very competent. Gaffes aside.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Silentchief
@Maroxad said:
@silentchief said:

@Maroxad:

Gender Theory is not even a biological topic. And for the record, there is an overwhelming body of evidence supporting the validity of Gender Theory. But I have no interest in derailing a thread that concerns a real political issue with your low IQ idpol crap.

Health at any size mentalities are on the fringe. Not mainstream, let alone 'most of us'.

Climate Change Hysteria is a minor issue with the left and I will give you that, but it is far more benign than climate change denial. Not to mention, it is born from misinterpreting existing data, not from some "quack". This can stem from a lack of scientific literacy. That said, it is not a biological topic, so not sure what this has to do with Basic Biology.

@Maroxad said:
@silentchief said:

@Maroxad:

BeCauSe teh sCiencE saYs iTs SoCial. That is low IQ bullshit that your side and " You" fully support. It then leads to THIS. Your side has been so obsessed with identity politics trying to normalize it this is where we are now. The left is all in on it.

No it's not. It's glorified in mainstream media.

It is a major problem. Propping up hysterical children as demigods as they push narratives that will destroy are energy dependence and keep us poor.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Maroxad
@silentchief said:

BeCauSe teh sCiencE saYs iTs SoCial. That is low IQ bullshit that your side and " You" fully support. It then leads to THIS. Your side has been so obsessed with identity politics trying to normalize it this is where we are now. The left is all in on it.

It is a major problem. Propping up hysterical children as demigods as they push narratives that will destroy are energy dependence and keep us poor.

Knowing what is, and isn't under any relevant field is an important part of scientific literacy. You clearly failed that test. And your accusation might have held any actual weight if it was any of us bringing up Idpol, rather than it being you. Getting a shred of self awareness might help you in the future.

Strawman. Mainstream media points out obesity is a health issue, just that fat shaming and the likes are a really unhealthy way to deal with it.

You do realize Greta Thunberg did everything she did on her own accord, right? You see, in Sweden, Climate Change is arguably one of the biggest issues concerning gen Z. Especially since young people have witnessed the winters getting shorter and shorter every year. And the overlying point they are making is correct. They just get the numbers a bit wrong. Sweden has a strong environmentalist culture, full of Greta Thunbergs. It is part of the reason her campaigning was able to blow up like it did, because here it was easy enough to gain momentum for environmental causes. Some people are more wrong than others. and the people who are too liberal with their numbers are a whole lot less wrong than the people denying climate change and global warming is even a thing.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Silentchief
@Maroxad said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

Yes, under Trump the US was an international joke.

You can see foreign attitudes towards the US, with a few google searches, It is a lot more positive under Biden than it was under Trump. Trump was taken advantage of by EVERYONE. In Europe he was seen as an imbecile. In North Korea, Turkey and Russia he was seen as a useful idiot. And would gladly take advantage of him. China's made MASSIVE geopolitical strides under Trump. And it wasnt in spite of trump, but because of him. The Ukraine War would have happened with or without Trump in charge.

Hell, why do you think most dictators wanted Trump to win 2020 and not Biden? Because Trump was the very definition of a useful idiot. He was incredibly easy to play and take advantage of.

This is how he was seen in europe.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/angela-merkel-donald-trump-explain-eu-trade-11-times-germany-chancellor-us-president-a7699591.html

You would of course know this if you didnt work backwards from your conclusions.

As for the inflation. The US does exceptional well compared to most industrialized nations when it comes to dealing with this inflation. Biden has not only handled COVID well, but the inflation too. It is clear he or his administration is very competent. Gaffes aside.

Do you let leftwing opinion pieces do your thinking for you?

Trump was an egomaniac. The withdrawal in Afghanistan would have never been as botched as it was under Biden. They would be to scared of what he would do. Putin wouldn't have invaded the Ukraine ( you think it's a coincidence that he did it as soon as Biden got into office )? Talking about working back from your conclusions. Do you see Iran testing us with their navy like they are now? Really?

This is how Europe feels about us now.

Our survey showed that Europeans’ attitudes towards the United States have undergone a massive change. Majorities in key member states now think the US political system is broken, that China will be more powerful than the US within a decade, and that Europeans cannot rely on the US to defend them. They are drawing radical consequences from these lessons. Large numbers think Europeans should invest in their own defence and look to Berlin rather than Washington as their most important partner. They want to be tougher with the US on economic issues. And, rather than aligning with Washington, they want their countries to stay neutral in a conflict between the US and Russia or China.

Way to go Joe!

But who can blame you with misinformation like this?

CLAIM: New data shows that inflation has dropped to half of what it was a year ago, marking a win for President Joe Biden.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. While inflation has slowed in recent months, the latest government estimates show that prices are still higher in August 2022 than they were in August 2021.

But hey this is the moron who said " inflation was transitory "

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Silentchief
@Maroxad said:
@silentchief said:

Knowing what is, and isn't under any relevant field is an important part of scientific literacy. You clearly failed that test. And your accusation might have held any actual weight if it was any of us bringing up Idpol, rather than it being you. Getting a shred of self awareness might help you in the future.

Strawman. Mainstream media points out obesity is a health issue, just that fat shaming and the likes are a really unhealthy way to deal with it.

You do realize Greta Thunberg did everything she did on her own accord, right? You see, in Sweden, Climate Change is arguably one of the biggest issues concerning gen Z. Especially since young people have witnessed the winters getting shorter and shorter every year. And the overlying point they are making is correct. They just get the numbers a bit wrong. Sweden has a strong environmentalist culture, full of Greta Thunbergs. It is part of the reason her campaigning was able to blow up like it did, because here it was easy enough to gain momentum for environmental causes. Some people are more wrong than others. and the people who are too liberal with their numbers are a whole lot less wrong than the people denying climate change and global warming is even a thing.

Knowing what actually effects policy change may help your argument unfortunately you are absolutely oblivious to it. The lefts quest to make gender completely seperate from Sex is how they justify young children going thorough changes that will effect them both biologically and socially. For someone who champions critical thinking skills you have none.

No they don't. " Big is beautiful " isn't a term used on the fringes. Glorifying plus sized super stars as " bold and sexy" is a leftist trope.

Did Greta Thunberg get on " Time" magazine on her own? Was she named person of the year on her own? Denying the fact the left has propped her upped and shilled for her is something anyone with a most basic level of awareness should acknowledge.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Maroxad
@silentchief said:

Knowing what actually effects policy change may help your argument unfortunately you are absolutely oblivious to it. The lefts quest to make gender completely seperate from Sex is how they justify young children going thorough changes that will effect them both biologically and socially. For someone who champions critical thinking skills you have none.

No they don't. " Big is beautiful " isn't a term used on the fringes. Glorifying plus sized super stars as " bold and sexy" is a leftist trope.

Did Greta Thunberg get on " Time" magazine on her own? Was she named person of the year on her own? Denying the fact the left has propped her upped and shilled for her is something anyone with a most basic level of awareness should acknowledge.

1. Why do you always double down when wrong? Gender is seperate from Sex, and has been for decades now. There is a reason Biology textbooks, always used the word sex, rather than gender. Some textbooks, (and more common in modern ones) even explicitly highlight the difference between the two.

This is from Genetics: A Conceptual Approach by Benjamin A. Pierce (1993).

2. Yes, it a term used by the fringes. I get that you need to cherrypick and strawman to make the left look bad. But it is clear you don't havea good grasp on the left. Which is why you couldnt even tell the difference between a leftist and a liberal.

3. The time magazine picks people based on influence, and as far as by the time she got into TIME magazine goes, she had already completely changed discourse on climate change. She was the most influential person of that year so she was aptly put in there. Get over it.

As for Biden, people didn't lose faith in the US defending them because Biden was weak. It was the results of sentiments that grew under Trump. The US is far too politically unstable, and we can not rely on the US, because it is very possible that the US might get another dysfunctional isolationist. Who wants to withdraw out of NATO.

And for the record, while Biden is getting some blame for afghanistan, most experts are putting most of the blame on Trump. Biden carried through the disaster, but it was Trump who set the disasterous conditions up. Which shouldn't be surprising since Trump was completely incompetent at geopolitics.

Hell, your own quote said as much "Majorities in key member states now think the US political system is broken, that China will be more powerful than the US within a decade"

US Political System being broken has been a sentiment since Trump has gotten into power. We saw how Trump lost the popular vote, but won the presidency anyway due to the electoral college, we saw how Trump completely botched the US's geopolitical standing and handed it to China on a silver platter. We saw how Trump set up the terms (against virtually every military expert) to allow the taliban to take over the country. Biden is not responsible for these (he only carried through what Trump had already set up). The US had a 70 year old with the temprament and political skill of a toddler in charge, and allowed such a person to get in to begin with, that is what leads to the above sentiment, not Joe Biden. Who is actually well liked.

While the US is not a stable ally, as Trump clearly demonstrated. But for now, they have a level headed person in charge.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3507 Posts

It's a shame how the right lost all rationality and its discourse is reduced to lunatics going after populist narratives.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Maroxad
@kathaariancode said:

It's a shame how the right lost all rationality and its discourse is reduced to lunatics going after populist narratives.

Agreed, sadly most of the disinformation seems to stem from these populist tide. Both on the left and right.

We have however kicked the populist disinformation spreaders into the fringes though. Which sadly cannot be said for the current day right wing.

Sadly this mentality seems to stem from dismissing things before even trying to understand them in the first place, case in point

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Silentchief

@Maroxad said:
@silentchief said:

1. Why do you always double down when wrong? Gender is seperate from Sex, and has been for decades now. There is a reason Biology textbooks, always used the word sex, rather than gender. Some textbooks, (and more common in modern ones) even explicitly highlight the difference between the two.

This is from Genetics: A Conceptual Approach by Benjamin A. Pierce (1993).

2. Yes, it a term used by the fringes. I get that you need to cherrypick and strawman to make the left look bad. But it is clear you don't havea good grasp on the left. Which is why you couldnt even tell the difference between a leftist and a liberal.

3. The time magazine picks people based on influence, and as far as by the time she got into TIME magazine goes, she had already completely changed discourse on climate change. She was the most influential person of that year so she was aptly put in there. Get over it.

As for Biden, people didn't lose faith in the US defending them because Biden was weak. It was the results of sentiments that grew under Trump. The US is far too politically unstable, and we can not rely on the US, because it is very possible that the US might get another dysfunctional isolationist. Who wants to withdraw out of NATO.

And for the record, while Biden is getting some blame for afghanistan, most experts are putting most of the blame on Trump. Biden carried through the disaster, but it was Trump who set the disasterous conditions up. Which shouldn't be surprising since Trump was completely incompetent at geopolitics.

Hell, your own quote said as much "Majorities in key member states now think the US political system is broken, that China will be more powerful than the US within a decade"

US Political System being broken has been a sentiment since Trump has gotten into power. We saw how Trump lost the popular vote, but won the presidency anyway due to the electoral college, we saw how Trump completely botched the US's geopolitical standing and handed it to China on a silver platter. We saw how Trump set up the terms (against virtually every military expert) to allow the taliban to take over the country. Biden is not responsible for these (he only carried through what Trump had already set up). The US had a 70 year old with the temprament and political skill of a toddler in charge, and allowed such a person to get in to begin with, that is what leads to the above sentiment, not Joe Biden. Who is actually well liked.

While the US is not a stable ally, as Trump clearly demonstrated. But for now, they have a level headed person in charge.

1. What are you not understanding here? Let me ask you a simple question. Should a minor be able to seek gender affirming care? This means hormones, surgery, etc... why is this so hard for you to see the connection between the two? You are programed at this point. And it's based off studies from a complete whackjob. If they are seperate then why does one feel the need to get hormones and surgery to match the sex? They are intrinsically linked. One doesn't exist without the other.

2. Well I guess entertainment media is made up of mostly the fringes.

3. Influential to who? Fringe activist and shill media? Again she is a whack job and the support for her wasn't from fringe activist it was from the main stream left.

As for Biden you are delusional. The withdrawal would have never been botched like that under Trump. Say whatever you want Biden has been a door mat for every country including China. China is better off now then they were under Trump. Europe disliked Trump because he was tired of defending your pathetically weak continent who has done nothing but rely on us. He wanted you to deal with your own problems and he is absolutely correct. Biden on the other hand is just a bumbling moron and has had more foreign policy disasters in two years then Trump had in four.

Trump said if he was president during the withdrawal and they did what they did we would have never left. What did Biden do? Let Americans die and gave them billions of dollars in millitary equipment.

Russia invades Ukraine shortly after he takes office ( gee I wonder why)

Iran threatens us with warships. ( you honestly see that happening under Trump?

Meanwhile he shows his incompetence and shows our millitary is now an embarrassment. They thought Russia would take Ukraine in 3 weeks 🤣🤣

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Maroxad

The post I am responding to demonstrates a SHOCKING lack of political literacy. Wouyld you guys say it would be a good idea, to offer a Paradox Interactive or other grand strategy game to high school students for sociology class? Could teach people a thing or 2 about geopolitics at the very least.

@silentchief said:

1. What are you not understanding here? Let me ask you a simple question. Should a minor be able to seek gender affirming care? This means hormones, surgery, etc... why is this so hard for you to see the connection between the two? You are programed at this point. And it's based off studies from a complete whackjob. If they are seperate then why does one feel the need to get hormones and surgery to match the sex? They are intrinsically linked. One doesn't exist without the other.

2. Well I guess entertainment media is made up of mostly the fringes.

3. Influential to who? Fringe activist and shill media? Again she is a whack job and the support for her wasn't from fringe activist it was from the main stream left.

As for Biden you are delusional. The withdrawal would have never been botched like that under Trump. Say whatever you want Biden has been a door mat for every country including China. China is better off now then they were under Trump. Europe disliked Trump because he was tired of defending your pathetically weak continent who has done nothing but rely on us. He wanted you to deal with your own problems and he is absolutely correct. Biden on the other hand is just a bumbling moron and has had more foreign policy disasters in two years then Trump had in four.

Trump said if he was president during the withdrawal and they did what they did we would have never left. What did Biden do? Let Americans die and gave them billions of dollars in millitary equipment.

Russia invades Ukraine shortly after he takes office ( gee I wonder why)

Iran threatens us with warships. ( you honestly see that happening under Trump?

Meanwhile he shows his incompetence and shows our millitary is now an embarrassment. They thought Russia would take Ukraine in 3 weeks 🤣🤣

1. It is a question irrelevant to this topic. So I choose to ignore it. This thread is about scientific and media literacy, not your low IQ culture wars crap. I already told you this once. And you have been REPEATEDLY told and called out for this in multiple threads, but stop with your derailing. And no, transgender validity is not based of any singular study. It is based on evidence gathered from experts throughout a myriad of different fields like genetics, psychology, sociology, history, linguistics, embryology, neurology and sexology. And as stated before. The study on transfolk has been around for far longer than you think. This is what I mean when you double down after being shown wrong.

2. You are cherrypicking a few examples that seem relevant to you. You should probably avoid sampling bias. What you are doing is very dishonest.

3. Influential among younger generations. And her reception among experts in relevant fields is overwhelmingly positive. Not exactly what I would call a whack job. You see, while you are too busy obsessing over the LGBTQ+ status of young adults (couldnt even resist bringing that crap into this thread), those same young adults are now focused on actual issues like Climate Change, you know, actual issues. This is why the midterms were such a disaster for the GOP.

And you got everything about Biden wrong, but I am not surprised you demonstrate a disturbing ignorance about basic political concepts

1. China grew under Trump. Not Biden. This is because the US withdrew from the TPP under Trump. Which gave China a massive opportunity to build up a new economic relationship with China in the middle. Trump's trade war with china also hurt. It seems you just point at stuff without understanding the underlying mechanisms.
  2. The reason Putin invaded Ukraine is because he didn't expect NATO to be involved. This is stuff his intelligence officers were gathering data for. It is also possible drugs influenced his decision. Either way, even a most rudimentary understanding of eastern european politics would prove you wrong.
  3. The key words of what you said is "Trump said...". An important part of media literacy is being able to weigh various forms of evidence.
  4. Lol if you think Iran was only posturing under Biden.

LJS already refuted you, so why did you think the lie would continue working? This is a big part of the issue, people like you doubling down on their mistakes.

Edit: And yes, I caught you on how tyou shifted from "We were more respected under Trump" to "we shouldnt defend those europeans anyways". While people such as myself can point to specific policies to back my point, you point at rhetoric. You are a shining example of why this the proposals promoted in this thread are important.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3507 Posts

@Maroxad: I don't think that's the left that managed to kick the lunatics into the fringes but rather a certain right that successfully learned to use the internet to elevate the lunatics from the fringes.

Even call it left or right is over simplistic tbh, they're just lunatics. It's no joke, I have people close that were always leftwing loonies that now fully embraced all this Putin/Trump/Bolsonaro propaganda bs.

Just look at this forums, there's hardly any culture wars, identity politics threads being created but reading some nutjobs over here one would believe this was a antifa heaven around here and they are the ones creating such content. Just a bunch of brainwashed weak minded people being used as tools.