Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#201 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@Archangel3371 said:

@Maroxad: Congrats. Enjoy the new hardware and games. 👍

Thanks 👍

Upgraded for work purposes, but faster loading games is also a nice bonus. Didnt upgrade my graphics card yet though.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#202 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9592 Posts

@Maroxad: Good man, my game of the year so far. Slightly above Granblue Fantasy Relink.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#203 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9592 Posts

5 days until DD2 and Ronin... which to play first? I wanted both, but now I'm wondering how I'll play through them together. I'll probably start with DD2 and switch to Ronin before I go to bed each night, but we shall see.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23980 Posts

@hardwenzen: Have you seen the state of the AAA industry? Upgrading just isn't needed when no improvement to frame rates, resolution or fidelity will improve that slop.

When 50XX cards arrive, i might see about buying a GPU used.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Maroxad
@WitIsWisdom said:

@Maroxad: Good man, my game of the year so far. Slightly above Granblue Fantasy Relink.

Love how open ended it is. Can head to the final boss whenever I want. In fact, I am planning on doing just that. Just need to strengthen my flyer crew a bit more. and I will take them on at level 25.

Edit: Took on the final stages at level 21. Levelled all thet way up to 40 in the process ;D

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen: Have you seen the state of the AAA industry? Upgrading just isn't needed when no improvement to frame rates, resolution or fidelity will improve that slop.

When 50XX cards arrive, i might see about buying a GPU used.

Every single time i see you post about a game you're playing, its always, and i mean ALWAYS some cheap ass 2d indie. No shit an upgrade isn't needed when you're skipping on bangers like Helldivers 2.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 690 Posts

Didn't like the first game - the combat was awful. I have played Soulsbourne games and they highlight has awful most combat is in other ARPGs. The story and world didn't work for me last time.

If there is a demo I may try it but there are other games I want to play ahead of this one.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 SUD123456  Online
Member since 2007 • 6960 Posts

Cautiously optimistic.

First one is pretty good in terms of variety of enemies, variety of classes, ability to multiclass part way through, weapons, party/pawn mechanism, combat in general. The day/night cycle was also interesting.

Story is just ok, with many asscreed like fetch quests and pointless shit. But you don't have to do it all as much is purely optional.

Inventory management, resource collection, and crafting were god awful. Pure annoying trash that absolutely detracts from the fun of playing. So many games fall into this trap of more button pushing and searching..which is awful garbage that permeates the industry. More time spent pointlessly finding & combining resource ingredients is not fun. Period. More menu navigation is not fun. Period.

However, the biggest sin was the world design which forced disgusting amounts of tedium traversing the same areas over and over again and fighting the same respawning shit over and over again. The lame fast travel was more pointless shit of having to find a limited number of teleportation devices and then having to travel yet again to some far off place to place it so that if you have to travel to same area one more time.....ahhhhh...fcuk off...who thought that was a good idea? Which brings us to Japanese style grinding of the same shit over and over and over. By the time I got to the griffon mission I had already killed a half dozen griffons so that mission wasn't even interesting....and I had to walk there, yet again.

Hopefully number 2 is a whole lot of my first point and none of the rest of my diatribe.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Maroxad

@SUD123456 said:

Cautiously optimistic.

First one is pretty good in terms of variety of enemies, variety of classes, ability to multiclass part way through, weapons, party/pawn mechanism, combat in general. The day/night cycle was also interesting.

Story is just ok, with many asscreed like fetch quests and pointless shit. But you don't have to do it all as much is purely optional.

Inventory management, resource collection, and crafting were god awful. Pure annoying trash that absolutely detracts from the fun of playing. So many games fall into this trap of more button pushing and searching..which is awful garbage that permeates the industry. More time spent pointlessly finding & combining resource ingredients is not fun. Period. More menu navigation is not fun. Period.

However, the biggest sin was the world design which forced disgusting amounts of tedium traversing the same areas over and over again and fighting the same respawning shit over and over again. The lame fast travel was more pointless shit of having to find a limited number of teleportation devices and then having to travel yet again to some far off place to place it so that if you have to travel to same area one more time.....ahhhhh...fcuk off...who thought that was a good idea? Which brings us to Japanese style grinding of the same shit over and over and over. By the time I got to the griffon mission I had already killed a half dozen griffons so that mission wasn't even interesting....and I had to walk there, yet again.

Hopefully number 2 is a whole lot of my first point and none of the rest of my diatribe.

Valid points. I think BBI was by far the best part of DD1. Since it cut out most of the fat that you mentioned. It allowed the strenghts of the game to truly shine, since you werent stuck backtracking through a world bigger than it needed to be.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#210 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2482 Posts

Depressing leak.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2482 Posts

Apparently, two classes were added and two were removed, for no net gain. There is a third, but it's to help your pawn, so no one will use it. There are supposedly only four new monster types.

I kind of don't like Itsuno. He only does iteration. Dante is a mess, thanks to building more and more on top of the DMC3 system. I don't know who I should blame more: the fans who always want more of the same or Itsuno.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 hardwenzen

What is up with them taking this long to release Pragmata wtf?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Maroxad

Appearantly the impressions of this game are really pessimistic. Even on dedicated DD boards. Given that I am not a huge fan of open world RPGs, I might just choose another game to test my new Rig on.

We will see. People also tried demonizing TOTK pre-launch, but I still ended up loving that. I want this game to be good, but I am getting so many "unfinished game vibes from this".

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Maroxad

There is an official Asmongold pawn in the game.

I can see people who played Starfield on YouTube and Twitch using that pawn.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#215 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70239 Posts

@Maroxad said:

🤢🤮

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

Who would play games on youtube? That's just so pathetic.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 hardwenzen

ffs ordered the 7800x3d, b650 tomahawk mobo and 32gb of ddr5 ram, and AFTER i paid, they tell me its on backorder. The **** kind of bullshit is this. Not only will i not get em for the game, but i'll have to install the game twice on my pathetic 30mb download speed internet.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#218 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59284 Posts

@Maroxad said:

I really wish this fad would end.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Maroxad

@uninspiredcup: @Pedro: I agree with your statements.

@hardwenzen said:

I agree with you. Hence why we didn't take your StarField bashing seriously.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By hardwenzen
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

I would never play a game on yoututbe. Instead, i would spend $106 Canadian Dollars on a title like Starfield, and then spend at least 150h of my life suffering through it before being able to say ANYTHING about it. I swear, this is all i'll be doing in 2024. You can trust me.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Maroxad

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

I would never play a game on yoututbe. Instead, i would spend $106 Canadian Dollars on a title like Starfield, and then spend at least 150h of my life suffering through it before being able to say ANYTHING about it. I swear, this is all i'll be doing in 2024. You can trust me.

Or you can choose to not talk about it.

Sorta like how I dont talk about Helldivers 2.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#222 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34746 Posts

Asmongold, eh?

Can you kill your own pawns?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Maroxad
@Litchie said:

Can you kill your own pawns?

If this is like DD1, you should be able to toss them in the water or a steep cliff.

The magick archer also had a skill which allowed you to sacrifice a pawn for a powerful attack.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#224  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34746 Posts

@Maroxad: lol, nice.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 uninspiredcup

It will need to be mega bad to top this.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#226 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46564 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Now I know why Payday 2 keeps selling better than Payday 3.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 R4gn4r0k
@hardwenzen said:

ffs ordered the 7800x3d, b650 tomahawk mobo and 32gb of ddr5 ram, and AFTER i paid, they tell me its on backorder. The **** kind of bullshit is this. Not only will i not get em for the game, but i'll have to install the game twice on my pathetic 30mb download speed internet.

Yeah that's the CPU I'm eying, what is your current CPU?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 uninspiredcup

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Now I know why Payday 2 keeps selling better than Payday 3.

It's fully voiced as well. And as bad as you think it is.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup: h3h3 was genuinly funny at first, then turned into one of those youtube channels they parodied; never knew they did some game DLC. I'll show that to my brother :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 uninspiredcup

@R4gn4r0k: This is correct. use to watch them also, the old days where he put effort in. Now it's a lazy podcast where he constantly looks like he wants to die and spends most of it rambling about people he has a bone to pick with.

Oh and Hasan Piker, small head idiot man. A double whammy of insufferable.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

9600k running at 4.8ghz since i got it in late 2018. In many games its still perfectly fine, but in cpu heavy titles like BG3 and Helldivers 2, its a no go.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

Oh so you want me to not talk about video games like you? What else do you want me to do, buy a gtx 1070, pretend to care about performance and play 0.1D titles like Pizza Tower? Maroxad please, don't be a clown.

I spread knowledge, so be glad the likes of me exist.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

9600k running at 4.8ghz since i got it in late 2018. In many games its still perfectly fine, but in cpu heavy titles like BG3 and Helldivers 2, its a no go.

Oh we're very close. I got a 9700k that I've also been meaning to upgrade.

As for games where it makes a difference: yeah in CPU heavy games (Total War, GTA V) and at high framerates you'll notice it.

Helldivers 2 is heavy on the CPU however it has DRM and this is where the main culprit is.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

@R4gn4r0k: This is correct. use to watch them also, the old days where he put effort in. Now it's a lazy podcast where he constantly looks like he wants to die and spends most of it rambling about people he has a bone to pick with.

Oh and Hasan Piker, small head idiot man. A double whammy of insufferable.

Uhm...

He honestly looks photoshopped or like some Gears of War-esque character.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Oh we're very close. I got a 9700k that I've also been meaning to upgrade.

As for games where it makes a difference: yeah in CPU heavy games (Total War, GTA V) and at high framerates you'll notice it.

Helldivers 2 is heavy on the CPU however it has DRM and this is where the main culprit is.

Yea i've heard the drm part, and with the cpu upgrade, i'll test that on my own to see the difference.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:

Yea i've heard the drm part, and with the cpu upgrade, i'll test that on my own to see the difference.

You're gonna postpone DD2 until the new parts arrive?

Also who's building the parts? You or some friend/computer store helping out?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By hardwenzen
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

I can't be waiting to play a game i've been waiting for since late 2012. That is just not how it works lol.

Building it myself. With all the guides available online, paying to get your pc built is a very clownish behaviour. Upgrading the mobo is extremely annoying, tho. And needing to reinstall windows is extra annoying.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

I can't be waiting to play a game i've been waiting for since late 2012. That is just not how it works lol.

Building it myself. With all the guides available online, paying to get your pc built is a very clownish behaviour. Upgrading the mobo is extremely annoying, tho. And needing to reinstall windows is extra annoying.

I get it, you wanna be strong like a lion.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

I get it, you wanna be strong like a lion.

Too weak. I am T-Rex.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

Aaaaand the game flopped. It got a 9/10 here. It was supposed to get a 10/10. Certified bargain bin game in a month's time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

Aaaaand the game flopped. It got a 9/10 here. It was supposed to get a 10/10. Certified bargain bin game in a month's time.

If you played both Ubisoft games called botw and totk, and you skip on DD2, you don't have any respect toward me.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 R4gn4r0k

"Sadly, there are issues here, too. The performance isn't always satisfactory, for instance. The main issues can be found in Vernworth, the capital city of Vermund, where even a powerful PC (7800X3D, 32GB DDR5, RTX 4090)"

Yeah the console version wasn't the only one with issues. The tight lipped PC version isn't up to snuff either.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

If you played both Ubisoft games called botw and totk, and you skip on DD2, you don't have any respect toward me.

Look bro, I get it that you're upset that your most anticipated game of the year got the same review score as Halo Infinite, but taking your anger off on me is unnecessary.

All I gotta say bro, it is okay for you to be wrong and for me to be right. All I gotta say is sometimes you just gotta take the L and accept that your hyped game will be in he bargain bin by the end of the month, because real gamer's have standards. It will be a rude awakening when that Princess Peach video game sells more than this trash.

Look, you're just lucky I have a profession to work today and I am not chronically online like you are, because otherwise you'd be getting way more than this essay I am writing; we'd be writing a novel together and I would see you on page 100 in this thread by the end of the day.

Consider yourself spared for today, because otherwise you wouldn't stand a chance.

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

Look bro, I get it that you're upset that your most anticipated game of the year got the same review score as Halo Infinite, but taking your anger off on me is unnecessary.

All I gotta say bro, it is okay for you to be wrong and for me to be right. All I gotta say is sometimes you just gotta take the L and accept that your hyped game will be in he bargain bin by the end of the month, because real gamer's have standards. It will be a rude awakening when that Princess Peach video game sells more than this trash.

Look, you're just lucky I have a profession to work today and I am not chronically online like you are, because otherwise you'd be getting way more than this essay I am writing; we'd be writing a novel together and I would see you on page 100 in this thread by the end of the day.

Consider yourself spared for today, because otherwise you wouldn't stand a chance.

Loading Video...

You mentioned Halo Infinite, and i stopped reading there. You can't be taken seriously, sorry.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2149 Posts

Poo CPU optimization confirmed: Dragon's Dogma 2 performance analysis: It'll take everything your PC has and still want more

Lower FPS at 1080p than at 1440p and barely any difference vs. 4K.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 uninspiredcup

@rmpumper said:

Poo CPU optimization confirmed: Dragon's Dogma 2 performance analysis: It'll take everything your PC has and still want more

Once again my mantra of no longer buying any AAA game at launch is paying off.

Thank you me.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#247 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13086 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

You mentioned Halo Infinite, and i stopped reading there. You can't be taken seriously, sorry.

Halo Infinite > Any game you like

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Maroxad

9/10 GS, 89 on OpenCritic, roughly where I expected it to land.

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Oh so you want me to not talk about video games like you? What else do you want me to do, buy a gtx 1070, pretend to care about performance and play 0.1D titles like Pizza Tower? Maroxad please, don't be a clown.

Just a reminder that Pizza Tower has both a higher Steam Score and Metacritic score than Helldivers 2.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Just a reminder that Pizza Tower has both a higher Steam Score and Metacritic score than Helldivers 2.

I am sure it gathered more interest as well🤡Nobody cares about some niche game played by 100 boomers lol.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#250  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44656 Posts

I'm gonna wait to see what people say post-launch. I didn't think all that much of the first game. Ended as it started getting good.