Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6441 Posts

@kvallyx: Didn't know the metashitic score. It means nothing to me, as I still put hundreds of hours into it.

Now if FM8 is lacking content, then that's not good because its been over 5yrs since 7 came out so they've had plenty of time to make this one.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

Congrats lemmings, you're finally getting exclusives/games. But it is Call of Duty so your wish has been monkeypaw'd.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@last_lap said:

@kvallyx: Didn't know the metashitic score. It means nothing to me, as I still put hundreds of hours into it.

Now if FM8 is lacking content, then that's not good because its been over 5yrs since 7 came out so they've had plenty of time to make this one.

Yes, that is what I am saying. I don't want it to lack content. But from what they have announced, 500 cars and 21 tracks is good. I just want a sizeable campaign. That is where I spend all of my time.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 853 Posts

@randy_lahey: CMA is currently being roasted by the UK government (including prime minister Rishi Sunak) for being too aggressive and discouraging tech investment in the UK.

https://gameranx.com/updates/id/466097/article/cma-grilled-by-uk-mp-over-microsoft-activision-decision-asked-about-ftc-interactions/

Even UK tech firm ARM decided to list themselves on the New York stock exchange instead of London stock exchange. And that’s because the UK is terrible for tech investment, thanks to the CMA. UK government will definitely do something to make the CMA less powerful and let Microsoft buy Activision.

At least it will be fun watching your reaction.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts
@lavamelon said:

@randy_lahey: CMA is currently being roasted by the UK government (including prime minister Rishi Sunak) for being too aggressive and discouraging tech investment in the UK.

https://gameranx.com/updates/id/466097/article/cma-grilled-by-uk-mp-over-microsoft-activision-decision-asked-about-ftc-interactions/

Even UK tech firm ARM decided to list themselves on the New York stock exchange instead of London stock exchange. And that’s because the UK is terrible for tech investment, thanks to the CMA. UK government will definitely do something to make the CMA less powerful and let Microsoft buy Activision.

Is that why the CMA were just granted even more power by the UK government last week lavameltdown? Must be backwards day in lemworld. Bu bu but muh poor Trillion dollar corporation that can’t compete without buying out the industry!

https://www.mayerbrown.com/en/perspectives-events/publications/2023/05/the-uk-digital-markets-competition-and-consumers-bill-major-reform-of-cma-powers

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#106 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14934 Posts

@randy_lahey said:
@lavamelon said:

Is that why the CMA were just granted even more power by the UK government last week lavameltdown? Must be backwards day in lemworld. Bu bu but muh poor Trillion dollar corporation that can’t compete without buying out the industry!

https://www.mayerbrown.com/en/perspectives-events/publications/2023/05/the-uk-digital-markets-competition-and-consumers-bill-major-reform-of-cma-powers

Doesn't mean anything if the CMA gets isolated and pressure builds against them.

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#107  Edited By vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8692 Posts

To me it's a double standard for Sony to get mad about this, and when someone says:

"Microsoft bought the industry."

That's insane. There are so many publishers and developers out there that people can hardly keep track. ABK represents a high figure amount, but many gamers refuse to bat an eye at their selection of games anyway.

It's insane to me that before the CMA complained about the cloud space, all Sony could spit at them or to anyone else was Call of Duty this and Call of Duty that. They didn't so much as a say a word to my knowledge about all the other great games they will lose.

Potentially: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Hearthstone, Warcraft, Starcraft, Overwatch, Diablo and so many more. Sony cares about fueling their pocketbooks with Call of Duty & Fortnite to the point where every exclusive multiplayer title they have has taken some sort of back-seat. PS5 has only one exclusive MP title to my knowledge since release and it's Gran Turismo.

I was once a big fan of Playstation and it used to be a host of many multiplayer games that other systems didn't have. Killzone, Resistance and more games have been shelved for more and more single player God of War, Spider-Man Uncharted, Last of Us; games I genuinely can't stand.

When XBOX ONE was selling like dog crap I at least had FFXV and some other things. Metal Gear was looking to show up on XBOX regularly and I have almost every Metal Gear game on my XBOX with the exception of 1 and 4. Now almost every game from Japan has been put on the Steam, Switch, PS5 release because Sony wants to keep those games far away from XBOX with the momentum Series S|X has built.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Randy_Lahey

@texasgoldrush: what pressure are you talking about? They blocked the deal, and re-iterated their choice yet again the other day. Their decision has been made, there is no more time to accept any bs concessions from MS.

MS has to appeal and win or the deal is over.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Lavamelon

@randy_lahey: I am familiar with that bill, it was mainly aimed towards controlling Amazon, Google, Apple and the AI industry (which is growing fast), rather than Microsoft and gaming. In either case, Microsoft is no longer talking to the CMA, they are making an appeal to CAT. CMA have little say with Microsoft and Activision from here onwards. So what difference does it make?

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/online/how-the-digital-markets-unit-bill-could-force-amazon-to-change-its-ways/678949.article

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Lavamelon

@randy_lahey: Even if Microsoft fails to gain approval, they can still buy Activision as long as they keep Activision games off Game Pass.

Microsoft has hired lawyer Daniel Beard who has successfully won several cases against regulators in Europe.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8273 Posts

@randy_lahey said:

@texasgoldrush: [...]

MS has to appeal and win or the deal is over.

but i thought the deal was already dead.. 😏

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

To anyone who has certainty on the deal closing or getting blocked, stop posting here and go make infinite money on options for ATVI. Bet your damn house you'll be rich!!!! You're all so damn certain about everything after all.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113  Edited By deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

If this merger means that we'll finally get a long waited sequel to Arcanum, then it's worth it.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@randy_lahey:

The only thing over is your username kid,you need a hand picking a new alt account name when the deal goes through?

How about piss-soaked-pajamas...or Sony's bitch👍

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1176 Posts

@lavamelon said:

@randy_lahey: I am familiar with that bill, it was mainly aimed towards controlling Amazon, Google, Apple and the AI industry (which is growing fast), rather than Microsoft and gaming. In either case, Microsoft is no longer talking to the CMA, they are making an appeal to CAT. CMA have little say with Microsoft and Activision from here onwards. So what difference does it make?

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/online/how-the-digital-markets-unit-bill-could-force-amazon-to-change-its-ways/678949.article

CAT can't do anything.

During yesterday's hearing, UK GOV gave more powers to CMA. AWESOME!

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/625b836d-971f-47ee-b4b5-e537eca5d70f

At 11:00:15 the guy from parliament says that the government will give more powers to the CMA to prevent big tech takeovers and says that the Big tech are putting a lot of money into paying activists/lobbyist

The bolded part - hello, hello fosspatents. LOL

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3459 Posts

@loudheadphones: The CMA can appeal any of the CAT's decision but the CAT can absolutely do something. Imagine the insanity of a regulatory body to be above judicial. Not even the UK is that insane.

Having said that, as stupid as the CMA decision was, I really don't see a good reason to revert it. Unless MS lawyers find any legal flaw, like it happened with Apple recently, they'll probably back it. As I see it is a matter of economic philosophy and policy and every country is entitled to that. UK is focused into self destruction and it's their right to do so.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The CMA really wants to make the UK the death valley of tech. 😂

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

@loudheadphones: CMA can change their stance and seeing as they seem to be the only office blocking the deal, MPs in parliament have questioned the decision stating that the CMA’s stance makes it look like the UK is against big business.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Lavamelon

@loudheadphones: If CMA has too much power, then UK will never be a tech empire. Nobody wants to do business in a country with too many regulators breathing down their necks. RIP UK tech industry.

And besides, this will impact Sony as well, not just Microsoft. There were some rumours saying Sony wanted to buy Square Enix.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Lavamelon

@xhawk27: CMA has already made UK the Death Valley of tech. UK tech giant ARM has listed themselves on New York stock exchange instead of London stock exchange, LOL.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-64835243

RIP UK tech industry.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By loudheadphones

@sealionact said:

@loudheadphones: CMA can change their stance and seeing as they seem to be the only office blocking the deal, MPs in parliament have questioned the decision stating that the CMA’s stance makes it look like the UK is against big business.

CMA can change their stance, but it won't. Looks like you've didn't read it above. What's the point of questioning CMA's decision when UK parliament gave even more powers from yesterday. So, looks like UK parliament don't complain.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 loudheadphones
@kathaariancode said:

@loudheadphones: The CMA can appeal any of the CAT's decision but the CAT can absolutely do something. Imagine the insanity of a regulatory body to be above judicial. Not even the UK is that insane.

Having said that, as stupid as the CMA decision was, I really don't see a good reason to revert it. Unless MS lawyers find any legal flaw, like it happened with Apple recently, they'll probably back it. As I see it is a matter of economic philosophy and policy and every country is entitled to that. UK is focused into self destruction and it's their right to do so.

CAT can’t overturn the decision, let alone shut it down, they can only refer it back to the CMA.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#123 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3459 Posts

@loudheadphones: They absolutely can, as they already did.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Randy_Lahey
@simple-facts said:

@randy_lahey:

The only thing over is your username kid,you need a hand picking a new alt account name when the deal goes through?

How about piss-soaked-pajamas...or Sony's bitch👍

Sony’s bitch? Changing my username? Listen to yourself doing your premature victory lap. You’re embarrassing simple-mind.

stick to droning on for MS - they’re gonna need your support when they fall flat on their asses again

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 KvallyX

@lavamelon said:

Explains why the acquisition is going through. Nice.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Randy_Lahey

@xhawk27 said:

The CMA really wants to make the UK the death valley of tech. 😂

They just don’t buy the MS bullshit buffet

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 KvallyX

@lavamelon said:

@xhawk27: CMA has already made UK the Death Valley of tech. UK tech giant ARM has listed themselves on New York stock exchange instead of London stock exchange, LOL.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-64835243

RIP UK tech industry.

Holy shit. RIP UK.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Randy_Lahey
@lavamelon said:

@xhawk27: RIP MS.

Exactly

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#129 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70025 Posts

EU really causing a disturbance in the force.😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 KvallyX

@Pedro said:

EU really causing a disturbance in the force.😂

What I can't figure out, is why MS acquiring Activision upsets the cows so much. It's not like they are losing anything.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Randy_Lahey

@kvallyx: huh? Nowhere has MS stated all existing games would remain multi platform.

This deal is only about taking games away from PlayStation, because for some reason Phil Spencer thinks people sell their current console to buy another one. Unfortunately, Xbox is run by the dumbest person on the planet.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Antwan3K
@randy_lahey said:

@kvallyx: huh? Nowhere has MS stated all existing games would remain multi platform.

This deal is only about taking games away from PlayStation, because for some reason Phil Spencer thinks people sell their current console to buy another one. Unfortunately, Xbox is run by the dumbest person on the planet.

please provide a link that says Call of Duty will be taken away from PlayStation..

and for the sake of argument, if any other games become exclusive to Xbox, what's your problem with "exclusives"?.. isn't that a concept you champion when PlayStation signs exclusive deals and buys studios?..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 KvallyX

@randy_lahey said:

Nowhere has MS stated that all existing games wouldn't remain multiplatform.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Pedro

@Antwan3K said:

please provide a link that says Call of Duty will be taken away from PlayStation..

and for the sake of argument, if any other games become exclusive to Xbox, what's your problem with "exclusives"?.. isn't that a concept you champion when PlayStation signs exclusive deals and buys studios?..

Only Sony is allowed to take exclusives from other platforms.😉

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Randy_Lahey

@Antwan3K: for the sake of argument, you’re a die hard corporate shill - so right off the bat anything I type to you will go in one ear and out the other unless it’s deep throating MS.

I have ZERO problem with MS creating exclusive games that entices people to buy their system. I have a huge problem with taking traditionally third party IP and games away from current platforms. What has Sony taken away from you guys?

The only reason you guys want this deal is to be be able to stick it to PS gamers since you’re so desperate for your team to have a “win”.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Randy_Lahey

@Pedro said:
@Antwan3K said:

Only Sony is allowed to take exclusives from other platforms.😉

Of course you’d say this shilldro. Please provide a list of third party games Sony has taken away from Xbox.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Randy_Lahey
@kvallyx said:
@randy_lahey said:

Thankfully we have years and years of proof of Phil Spencer lying his ass off - so their word means nothing

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 KvallyX

@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:
@randy_lahey said:

Thankfully we have years and years of proof of Phil Spencer lying his ass off - so their word means nothing

Reminds me of Lyin' Jim Ryan.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Randy_Lahey

@kvallyx said:
@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:
@randy_lahey said:

Nah man you’re confused. Only liar is Phil Spencer

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Antwan3K
@randy_lahey said:

@Antwan3K: [...]

I have a huge problem with taking traditionally third party IP and games away from current platforms. What has Sony taken away from you guys?

[...]

i played Final Fantasy 15 on Xbox.. i was interested in playing Final Fantasy 16 on Xbox but that is being developed exclusively for PlayStation and there's rumors that Sony is planning to buy Square-Enix..

do you support PlayStation making exclusivity deals that keep games off Xbox?.. do you support the idea that Sony may buy Square-Enix?..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Pedro

@randy_lahey said:

Of course you’d say this shilldro. Please provide a list of third party games Sony has taken away from Xbox.

Easy, Final Fantasy VII and Silent Hill 2 Remake. Now spin.😂

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Randy_Lahey
@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

Did Sony buy these 2 franchises and take them away? Did they secure exclusive temporary deals for them?

pretend you don’t know the difference though shilldro. And don’t worry when the ABK deal collapses I will be quoting you and lol’ing at you every day.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Randy_Lahey
@Antwan3K said:
@randy_lahey said:

I have a huge problem with taking traditionally third party IP and games away from current platforms. What has Sony taken away from you guys?

[...]

i played Final Fantasy 15 on Xbox.. i was interested in playing Final Fantasy 16 on Xbox but that is being developed exclusively for PlayStation and there's rumors that Sony is planning to buy Square-Enix..

do you support PlayStation making exclusivity deals that keep games off Xbox?.. do you support the idea that Sony may buy Square-Enix?..

Oh so securing exclusivity for single games is now just a Sony thing?

this is why you guys are looked at as clowns.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By KvallyX

@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:

Nah man you’re confused. Only liar is Phil Spencer

Lyin' Jim Ryan is the KANG of liars.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Antwan3K
@randy_lahey said:
@Antwan3K said:
@randy_lahey said:

[...]

and there's the hypocrisy.. 🙄

you specifically said "I have a huge problem with taking traditionally third party IP and games away from current platforms.".. and when i provide a clear example of exactly that, you move the goal post.. and you completely avoided the topic of Sony potentially buying Square-Enix.. 🤡

at the end of the day, you're just a rabid fanboy alt and i'll just go back to ignoring your nonsense..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Pedro

@randy_lahey said:
@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

Did Sony buy these 2 franchises and take them away? Did they secure exclusive temporary deals for them?

pretend you don’t know the difference though shilldro. And don’t worry when the ABK deal collapses I will be quoting you and lol’ing at you every day.

Please refer to bold. No need to move goal post because you got owned.😂

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Randy_Lahey
@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:
@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

Please refer to bold. No need to move goal post because you got owned.😂

Please continue your ignorant act and pretending you don't know the difference between purchasing publishers to permanently take away games and buying temporary exclusivity deals.

they don't call you Shilldro for nothing!

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Randy_Lahey
@Antwan3K said:
@randy_lahey said:
@Antwan3K said:
@randy_lahey said:

[...]

and there's the hypocrisy.. 🙄

you specifically said "I have a huge problem with taking traditionally third party IP and games away from current platforms.".. and when i provide a clear example of exactly that, you move the goal post.. and you completely avoided the topic of Sony potentially buying Square-Enix.. 🤡

at the end of the day, you're just a rabid fanboy alt and i'll just go back to ignoring your nonsense..

Oh ok - so your speculation of Sony buying square-enix somehow is relevant to this discussion? There's no hypocrisy - only mental illness at play here. And that's hilarious you calling anyone a rabid fanboy lmao. You're one of MS's biggest shills on this forum and I will be here to lol at you as well when this deal collapses.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 loudheadphones

@kathaariancode:

They can't. Otherwise, UK parliament wouldn't give more powers to CMA

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 KvallyX

Looks like the CMA is getting it even worse :(. This is essentially a massive beatdown to them. I wonder if they might consider disbanding the CMA all together after this failure from them. No wonder the acquisition is going through.

HUGE: One of the 2-3 most powerful members of the UK government issues a clear warning to @CMAgovUK concerning its attempt to block #Microsoft's purchase of#ActivisionBlizzard.

"One of the reasons that companies like Microsoft ... invest in the UK is because we have independent regulators ... I would not want to undermine that at all, but I do think it's important all our regulators understand their wider responsibilities for economic growth." He said so at a conference today, Reuters reports. UK regulators must understand need to promote growth, Hunt says. That is consistent with Prime Minister's LinkedIn post and strategic steer document on Friday, saying CMA must also consider investment and growth about the possibilities that the UK government has to rein in the#CMA, and about the CMA's need to regain the trust of politicians. The CMA must act constructively now and resolve the situation. It has unnecessarily created this situation by making a completely irrational decision.

The deal has already been cleared in 37 countries with more than 950 million inhabitants (more than 14 times the UK's population size) and an aggregate GDP of $24.5 trillion, almost eight times that of the UK. The CMA does not compete with the, but the UK does compete with the EU and other economies for investment and job creation. The CMA makes arbitrary decisions against the law and against the facts. Legal uncertainty is bad for business.