Holish.. what a twist! CMA blocked Microsoft!

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 873 Posts

@randy_lahey: I can’t play God of War Ragnarok on Xbox. So how about we sue Sony for being a monopoly and force them to release Santa Monica studio onto a separate independent company so I can play Ragnarok on Xbox?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3066 Posts

@lavamelon: incorrect. TLHBO. Now cry.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Lavamelon

@uitravioience: Regulators are not doing this to hurt Microsoft, they are doing it to protect Sony. Regulators fight for defensive reasons not offensive.

And besides, Microsoft can still buy other studios, just smaller ones than Activision. You will be the one who cries after that. I bet you cried buckets of tears when Microsoft bought ZeniMax.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 UItravioIence

@lavamelon: your tears taste delicious! TLHBO

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

@randy_lahey:

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Lavamelon

@randy_lahey: Final Fantasy was available on Xbox, but Sony pays Square Enix to make it unavailable for Microsoft systems nowadays, hence no FF7 remake for Xbox. What’s your next excuse?

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Lavamelon

@uitravioience: Not as delicious as your tears. Have you forgotten that Microsoft is still a $2 trillion company who can buy Sony several times over?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#211 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39700 Posts

Lems can't handle this stress anymore

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#212 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4389 Posts

@lavamelon said:

@uitravioience: Not as delicious as your tears. Have you forgotten that Microsoft is still a $2 trillion company who can buy Sony several times over?

yeah. hell if needed. big m can say. here a check for 3 ip from activsion.

i mean their no loss here tbh.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#213 Nonstop-Madness  Online
Member since 2008 • 12381 Posts

I wonder what's next for Activision. Do they sell to the next bidder or seek a merger with another big publisher?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 UItravioIence

@lavamelon: Mmmmm. Keep those freshly delicious tears flowing. TLHBO. No Microsoft studios Call Of Duty! LOL

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts
@Nonstop-Madness said:

I wonder what's next for Activision. Do they sell to the next bidder or seek a merger with another big publisher?

As far as we know, MS can still appeal and it's too early to say rather Activision will go bid someone else or just be Activision itself.

I'm far more curious as how this will plays out in the end.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Lavamelon

@uitravioience: I can see your tears are still flowing since the days Microsoft bought ZeniMax.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts
@lavamelon said:

@randy_lahey: Final Fantasy was available on Xbox, but Sony pays Square Enix to make it unavailable for Microsoft systems nowadays, hence no FF7 remake for Xbox. What’s your next excuse?

Square Enix stopped bringing their AAA games to xbox because xbox fans didn't want support paying for full price AAA games and expected Square to just drop their multi-million dollar titles in Gamepass day 1 just like MS does their cheap 1st party games.

Hence no FF7 remake for xbox.

Sony's exclusivity deal with Square for FF7 Remake has been up for 2 years now!

The toxic xbox culture of not supporting game developers projects is the reason Square & other developers are choosing to by pass the xbox platform entirely...next up is Larian's Baldur's Gate 3!

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 UItravioIence

@lavamelon: I dont play Elder Scrolls or Fallout games, and if I wanted to I'd play them on my XSX. Keep those tears flowing though, they give me life! TLHBO.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Randy_Lahey

@lavamelon said:

maybe talk to square and ask them why nobody buys their games on Xbox? any other cry baby points you want dismantled Lavameltdown?

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Randy_Lahey

@lavamelon said:

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Randy_Lahey

@davillain said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

As far as we know, MS can still appeal and it's too early to say rather Activision will go bid someone else or just be Activision itself.

I'm far more curious as how this will plays out in the end.

I’ll tell you how. MS ends up paying a 3 billion dollar fuckaround fee to ABK for wasting everyone’s time.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

@randy_lahey said:

I’ll tell you how. MS ends up paying a 3 billion dollar fuckaround fee to ABK for wasting everyone’s time.

Works for me. Doesn't matter to me if MS gets it or not, and as long as CoD still coming to PC, I just don't give a damn about this merger from the start.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By above_average
@randy_lahey said:
@lavamelon said:

maybe talk to square and ask them why nobody buys their games on Xbox? any other cry baby points you want dismantled Lavameltdown?

Play cheap games, win cheap prizes...

Xbox fans, THIS ^ is y'all reward for being $1 menu gamers. Embrace it!

WTF did these guys expect major AAA game developers to do when they started their whole, "we'll never pay for $70 games" movement, like they are entitled to get non-Microsoft funded AAA games for free?

Larian Studios used the excuse that they couldn't get Baldur's Gate 3 running to their satisfaction on xbox systems, but let's be real, they could have just let the Series S version run 720p (others already have ex. Metro Exodus) and pushed out a port for Series consoles along with PS5 & PC.

Instead, Larian Studio's is silently saying it's not worth their time and effort to try to deliver a port for xbox that hit's their launch date because the fanbase don't support launch games anyway.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Randy_Lahey

@davillain: I definitely would prefer if they remain 3rd party so all gamers benefit

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#225 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

I see two alts fighting over who is going to be my biggest fan. 😂

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#226 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@randy_lahey said:
@regnaston said:

@randy_lahey: I couldn't care less of whether it passed or not.. I am not invested in MS (or ABK). I play on Xbox but that does not mean I am a rabid fanboy (you will see a rabid fanboy when you look in the mirror)

lol sure buddy. “Bu bu but now sony is screwed you see! They won’t get any more special treatment from ABK so take that mean Sony!”

lmao

not event remotely close to what I said.. you just proved yourself (AGAIN) to be low intelligence and a troll

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 above_average

@Pedro said:

lol you the @lavamelon: alt?

literally no one was talking to you.

Everyone was responding to what that guy said, or are you just talking to yourself in another one of your delusional meltdowns?

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Here is what is said in the tweet (as it all does not appear above)

Interesting angle that Van Dreunen says MS/ABK may approach the appeal with

Update: MS/ABK An article on Bloomberg with some analyst opinions. "Analysts on Wednesday questioned whether the CMA was making an apples-to-oranges comparison between the Microsoft Game Pass's cloud offering and those of Amazon, Sony, Nvidia Corp., and others. "I think they're rather misinformed on what the cloud gaming market is," said Joost Van Dreunen, who lectures at New York University's Stern business school. "They're conflating cloud gaming with the revenue model. Then they're looking at it as a distinct technology and a market in another sense." For example, the CMA may be overstating the Game Pass's role in Microsoft's cloud gaming dominance when cloud gaming is just one feature of the service. "I don't think we can compare the way Microsoft uses cloud gaming to the way Amazon uses it for Luna," said Joost Rietvalt, an associate professor of strategy and entrepreneurship at University College London's School of Management. "The market share is driven by the popularity of Game Pass, not the popularity of cloud gaming within gamers." It's an argument that analysts say Microsoft and Activision may invoke when they appeal. Activision on Wednesday called the CMA decision "disproportionate, irrational, and inconsistent with the evidence,"

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1470 Posts

Well, it is obvious that MS is incapable of managing ABK in the first place, as evidenced by MS's abysmal mismanagement of previously acquired studios, including 343 to date, and it would be better for the employees of ABK if it failed.

Let's also not forget that this all started when a clown named Bobby Kotick planned to sell ABK to MS after the company's value plummeted due to the worst sexual harassment and discrimination cases in the history of the video game industry. This is not for the gamers, nor for the industry, but simply for this greedy scumbag to secure his golden parachute.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By above_average
@regnaston said:

Here is what is said in the tweet (as it all does not appear above)

Interesting angle that Van Dreunen says MS/ABK may approach the appeal with

Update: MS/ABK An article on Bloomberg with some analyst opinions. "Analysts on Wednesday questioned whether the CMA was making an apples-to-oranges comparison between the Microsoft Game Pass's cloud offering and those of Amazon, Sony, Nvidia Corp., and others. "I think they're rather misinformed on what the cloud gaming market is," said Joost Van Dreunen, who lectures at New York University's Stern business school. "They're conflating cloud gaming with the revenue model. Then they're looking at it as a distinct technology and a market in another sense." For example, the CMA may be overstating the Game Pass's role in Microsoft's cloud gaming dominance when cloud gaming is just one feature of the service. "I don't think we can compare the way Microsoft uses cloud gaming to the way Amazon uses it for Luna," said Joost Rietvalt, an associate professor of strategy and entrepreneurship at University College London's School of Management. "The market share is driven by the popularity of Game Pass, not the popularity of cloud gaming within gamers." It's an argument that analysts say Microsoft and Activision may invoke when they appeal. Activision on Wednesday called the CMA decision "disproportionate, irrational, and inconsistent with the evidence,"

Also...

@regnaston said:

@randy_lahey: I couldn't care less of whether it passed or not.. I am not invested in MS (or ABK). I play on Xbox but that does not mean I am a rabid fanboy (you will see a rabid fanboy when you look in the mirror)

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#231  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts

I called it! I been saying it since last year that the CMA would block it because they fear a potential monopoly. But Xbox fans refused to believe it would happen.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Randy_Lahey

@Pedro said:

Those are the voices in your head dude. Literally nobody is addressing you

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By above_average

@randy_lahey: lol he disappeared after I called him out.

The stress from yet another one of his "MS wins" predictions blowing up in his face has made him start losing grip on reality.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Randy_Lahey

@above_average: he’ll be back unfortunately lol

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

Twitter's having fun

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Randy_Lahey

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39700 Posts

You shall not acquire the breast milk thieves, MS🤭

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#239  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

One thing pointed out in the decision coverage was the CMA's concerns over the effect of raising prices on consumers. This actually stands out as peculiar given such considerations are typically associated with aspects of horizontal mergers, not vertical mergers. This is typically a concern associated when competitors merge, so rather than engaging in competitive pricing between two rivals offering similar products, prices go up as a result in the elimination of market competition. Whereas with vertical mergers there's less of an inherent incentive to raise prices with consumers, as there is no consolidation of rival market forces.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Pedro

@randy_lahey said:
@Pedro said:

Those are the voices in your head dude. Literally nobody is addressing you

The irony of your response.🤭

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Pedro
@above_average said:

lol you the @lavamelon: alt?

literally no one was talking to you.

Everyone was responding to what that guy said, or are you just talking to yourself in another one of your delusional meltdowns?

Everyone knows I don't alt and it is clear you responded to my comment because you felt targeted.🤭

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3505 Posts

Had no idea Sony's hate crew were so anxious about this deal.

I'm curious about what the UE and the US decision will be, if it aligns with the UK or if once again the UK made a silly choice that will further isolated them.

Personally I'm split. As a costumer I think it is a shitty deal, there's absolutely nothing in the Activision/Blizzard catalogue that interests me. I rather have them purchasing other studios. But I do get why they want to buy them and I think the justification given to block the deal is silly and penalises both innovation and competition. All the potential competitors have been half assing it and this just levels the gaming cloud segment by the lowest common denominator.

And it's not like MS is in the cloud businesses alone or just against tiny competitors that have no capital to match them, both Amazon and Google are there and both have the potential to up their game if they wish to.

But while the reason given is bs and I don't believe there's any good reason to block it I do get how such a colossal acquisition makes governments nervous, more so when when it comes to tech stuff they always seem to miss the point.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Pedro

@kathaariancode said:

Had no idea Sony's hate crew were so anxious about this deal.

I'm curious about what the UE and the US decision will be, if it aligns with the UK or if once again the UK made a silly choice that will further isolated them.

Personally I'm split. As a costumer I think it is a shitty deal, there's absolutely nothing in the Activision/Blizzard catalogue that interests me. I rather have them purchasing other studios. But I do get why they want to buy them and I think the justification given to block the deal is silly and penalises both innovation and competition. All the potential competitors have been half assing it and this just levels the gaming cloud segment by the lowest common denominator.

And it's not like MS is in the cloud businesses alone or just against tiny competitors that have no capital to match them, both Amazon and Google are there and both have the potential to up their game if they wish to.

But while the reason given is bs and I don't believe there's any good reason to block it I do get how such a colossal acquisition makes governments nervous, more so when when it comes to tech stuff they always seem to miss the point.

The deal was never beneficial to Xbox gamers or gamers. There was no "exclusives" that can be had from it for Xbox gamers. PC and Xbox gamers get games on Gamepass and PS gamers pay full price for games they were already paying full price for. The only beneficiary was always MS. CMA reasoning is odd, especially when cloud gaming is not something on the rise in any meaningful way. There are probably more people playing games in VR than cloud but I could be wrong. Meanwhile, I will watch the Sony fannies pretend there is a meltdown occurring.😂 With a little push of course.😉

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Randy_Lahey

@randy_lahey:

@randy_lahey said:
@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:
@Pedro said:

It must be really hard for you to admit that you were wrong and now you are left with whatever👆🏽 is . "Xbox would be a monopoly if they acquire ABK".😂

Pedro, stop being a moronic shill for 2 minutes.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/12/08/ftc-sues-to-block-microsofts-acquisition-of-game-giant-activision-blizzard.html

“The FTC said in its case that the proposed acquisition is reasonably likely to reduce competition or bring about monopolies in the markets for gaming subscription services, cloud gaming and high-performance consoles.“

The FTC statement is objectively false in the same manner that CMA initial claim was reversed because of ignorance. Because you are stupid and triggered by me, you are unable to grasp the FACT that MS acquisition of ABK would not make them a monopoly. Now, spin my biggest fan, spin.😂

Huh that’s weird. I thought our resident forum anti-competition expert Pedro had it all figured out.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1411 Posts

@lavamelon said:

@sakaixx: Sony is dominating the home console market with PS5. Nintendo is dominating the handheld console market with Switch. Valve is dominating the PC market with Steam. So why aren’t these companies treated as monopolies but Microsoft apparently is?

Also, Microsoft signed 10-year contracts with several cloud companies to allow Activision Blizzard games to release on their platforms.

Slow and stupid Microsoft isn't on other companies? I mean, seriously. Providing the operating system for like 80% of all computers in the world, practically tapping into a large portion of the gaming market within a hands reach. And what do they do? Wait almost five years and wanting to charge for multiplayer (Games For Windows Live). Yeees, this is how slow and stupid MS is.

I came across this recently... brought back some memories...

Loading Video...

And people want this company to succeed. Lol?

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Xbox studios call of duty, PlayStation biggest and best game.

Not in gamepass in the uk

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Lavamelon

@palasta: Valve has made Linux gaming more viable, so your argument about Windows being dominant goes out the window (no pun intended). If somebody uses Windows, they are doing it out of free will, not because they are being forced into it. And besides, Windows has little to do with Activision.

The fake AI video you showed is more about Peter Molyneux being dishonest rather than Microsoft. Peter Molyneux makes all kinds of empty promises, another famous one being that weird curiosity cube where he lied about somebody winning a huge prize if they discovered what’s inside it. Plus Peter Molyneux no longer works for Microsoft so it doesn’t matter anymore.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

Cloud gaming?!?! What a joke.

It isn't 1 April anymore, UK.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts