Horizon Forbidden West failed to crack the top 40 on Steam sales chart last week

• 174 results
Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

I think the game is fine. I got it over DD2. I'll wait until they fix that one on PC. HFW hasn't caused any issues for me. I enjoyed the first one on PC as well, though I think it's a little overhyped. It's basically an Ubisoft game. The Far Cry (especially Primal) and Assassin's Creed influences are obvious. Also wanted to support Sony's PC push. No need for any consoles anymore, PC can literally do everything.

I think Aloy looks fine. Though I have a weakness for long red hair.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7275 Posts

@Pedro said:

Another thread about the woke boogieman. Men are really fragile.

so tell me then why is alloy looks like a ugly version of the actress?

same as 90% of western games?

or in a outrage over steller blade. trying to sony to make her more ugly?

look at the new fable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Asmongold/comments/14dtyog/fable_irl_actress_compared_to_ingame_model/

they are complaining the tomb raider remaster did not get changed.

it proven all over the internet.

look at starfield he or she not male or female.

the facts are there your the one fragile for not sticking up for females. making females look ugly and not body.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#103 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70240 Posts

@gifford38: Man, you live living in a world of lies.Stop being so fragile.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

lolol :P

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Gifford38

@Pedro said:

so seeing the truth in front of my eyes = lies. I see it why is every female from western games are uglier than the models? smaller boobs than the models. smaller flatter butt than the models?

so really you don't see it your own eyes. so answer my question. how come these females in games are ugly. why does alloy have so much facial hair?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46564 Posts

@Pedro said:

Not want to go in this whole woke/not woke discussion but I don't beleive he is :

There are obvious very powerful corporations in play pushing ugly or agenda characters on people, and it's making gaming worse and less diverse than ever before.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#107 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59285 Posts

Video games have been disrespecting woman for years.

Little kids are playing this games with little boys thinking "all woman are whores" and little girls thinking "when I grow up, I want to be a whore".

Now they will have higher aspirations and more respect.

This is a good thing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Pedro said:

Not want to go in this whole woke/not woke discussion but I don't beleive he is :

There are obvious very powerful corporations in play pushing ugly or agenda characters on people, and it's making gaming worse and less diverse than ever before.

They're pushing, but with the social media being what it is, they're clearly getting rolled and shit on all over. Don't expect it to last for much longer. Nobody wants to play with a fugly ass character, and if some mentally ill creature that spends 16h a day on twitter isn't happy, so what? Why should i, or anybody else give a flying shit how they feel? Nobody cares about your feelings lmao. If you're triggered because a female in a video game looks ten times better than you, then you might seek a professional instead of spending 16h a day on twitter. Its laughable.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#109  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

@hardwenzen: Bro diversity in gaming been happening for 30+ years. Bunch of man babies crying won't change a thing. Y'all need to stop being so triggered by companies trying to diversify their gaming characters.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: Bro diversity in gaming been happening for 30+ years. Bunch of man babies crying won't change a thing. Y'all need to stop being so triggered by companies trying to diversify their gaming characters.

I want Link to become a transgender mexican. Please Nintendo.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By uninspiredcup

Nintendo finally representing Resetera bros.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Pedro
@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

so seeing the truth in front of my eyes = lies. I see it why is every female from western games are uglier than the models? smaller boobs than the models. smaller flatter butt than the models?

so really you don't see it your own eyes. so answer my question. how come these females in games are ugly. why does alloy have so much facial hair?

If you actually believe that every female from western games are ugly and uglier than their models then you are living in an alternative world. I posted a picture of Aloy in game and according to you and your buds she is uglier. 🤷🏽‍♂️ If you believe that protecting females is by ensure that they are always represented as sexy or attractive to men, then your are detached from reality and strongly believe that every game must pander to your male fantasy. Stop being fragile.

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Pedro said:

For someone who doesn't want to go into it, you have dived head first. Did you actual read what you have posted? The actual recommendations? Which part of the considerations listed equates to specifically making females ugly or even less curvey?

Gaming is objectively not being made worse because of what characters look like. Gaming is objectively not less diverse by having diversity. What kind of nonsense are you all on? Seriously? Educating developers to explore other elements of the human cultural and physical makeup is not harming the industry. What is actually happening is that the inclusion of others are bothersome to some folks and the idea that this group for the first time in gaming history is no longer being solely pandered to is driving these fragiles into lunacy. This is despite the fact that the absolute majority of gaming is still catered towards them, but a handful of games that includes others is unacceptable.😐

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Pedro

@uninspiredcup said:

Nintendo finally representing Resetera bros.

I am offended. Peach is being transformed into an ugly elephant because the woke mob is forcing their agenda.😂

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

The first game was a mediocre slog with robot dinosaurs in an Assassin's Creed type world. Frankly, it wasn't that fun to play--So, I didn't bother getting the 2nd one when it hit PC.

Maybe it's better, but I'd rather wait for a sale.

Also, Dragon's Dogma 2 has all my attention.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 R4gn4r0k

@Pedro: Aloy looks objectively worse in the second game than she does in the first game eventhough technical graphics have advanced from Zero Dawn to Forbidden West.

And yeah, I specifically state "I don't want to get into it" every single time because I think these kind of political discussions are the worst thing to happen to video gaming and entertainment as a whole.

What is actually happening is that the inclusion of others are bothersome to some folks and the idea that this group for the first time in gaming history is no longer being solely pandered to is driving these fragiles into lunacy

This is the epitome of not being objective about the situation. You're as subjective as you can be, projecting your own background and everything you filtered through your eyes and mind onto the situation.

If you really think anyone in marginalised groups or anyone with unusual proportions is going to get better off of "forced diversity" and diversity officers and diversity focus groups you're as clinically insane as you accuse others of being.

But hey, again, if I want to watch politics, I'll turn on the telly.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:

Now that's one ugly looking photoshop like extra fugly. Even the exaggerated pic in in OP isn't so ugly.

Don't know about anyone but I don't see anything wrong but Aloy's model. It's attractive and have no idea why gamers think it's ugly. I don't see a problem if the character doesn't look exactly like the actress, it's still good looking.

Have someone hacked your account? What kind of a take is this? This is not what you usually hear from hermits.

What do I usually say in these situations? She does look ugly. Seems like someone put Selena Gomez face on top of it but in a weird way.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hardwenzen

@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:

Now that's one ugly looking photoshop like extra fugly. Even the exaggerated pic in in OP isn't so ugly.

Don't know about anyone but I don't see anything wrong but Aloy's model. It's attractive and have no idea why gamers think it's ugly. I don't see a problem if the character doesn't look exactly like the actress, it's still good looking.

Have someone hacked your account? What kind of a take is this? This is not what you usually hear from hermits.

What do I usually say in these situations? She does look ugly. Seems like someone put Selena Gomez face on top of it but in a weird way.

I see you recovered your account. Very good.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By PC_Rocks
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Pedro said:

The article headline is taking things out of context. They didn't ask for non-curvy females, all they said was to avoid exaggerated proportions. I love waifus in my games but I don't like exaggerated proportions either, look downright stupid to me. If they said you can't make them hot or good looking then you have a point.

Does most characters look bad now a days, sure but I think that's more to do with performance capture and extra focus on realism. Also I believe artists somehow unconsciously go overboard in making the characters "ugly" when they just need to avoid exaggerated proportions. They can't seem to find a balance and just go the opposite direction.

As for Aloy, she always looked fine to me. Granted I never played the game so I don't know the differences. I think people might have problem with her being not overly sexualized but that's not how she was designed.

EIther way, the days of C&C cutscenes are over. Teenage boys aren't the only target audience anymore.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By uninspiredcup
@pc_rocks said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Pedro said:

The article headline is taking things out of context. They didn't ask for non-curvy females, all they said was to avoid exaggerated proportions..

That's extremely bad advice though. Exaggerated proportions are typical of all things stylized in all forms of media.

Bruce Timm, i.e. Batman: TAS as an example.

Comes across as though they are literally saying "be as boring as possible", which explains a lot.

After the 900th scanned mocap "so real" game, brain turns off, it's no longer impressive, it's just boring.

UG UG UG. So real. I'm emotionally turmoiled! , le_mind, and I conveying this? Grrrr

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hardwenzen

+

In every game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SecretPolice

lol :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By uninspiredcup

@hardwenzen: No doubt Tolkiens original vision before Sweet Baby Inc got to him.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup: Curvy

Hellblade might be boring and it might be a walking sim. But at least they modeled it almost 1 to 1 off her likeness.

Lady Dimitrescu on the other hand: she clearly has exaggerated proportions and is a charater that won plenty of awards and got plenty of noteworthy praise and it's not just because of this Asterix clip:

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Pedro

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Pedro: Aloy looks objectively worse in the second game than she does in the first game eventhough technical graphics have advanced from Zero Dawn to Forbidden West.

And yeah, I specifically state "I don't want to get into it" every single time because I think these kind of political discussions are the worst thing to happen to video gaming and entertainment as a whole.

What is actually happening is that the inclusion of others are bothersome to some folks and the idea that this group for the first time in gaming history is no longer being solely pandered to is driving these fragiles into lunacy

This is the epitome of not being objective about the situation. You're as subjective as you can be, projecting your own background and everything you filtered through your eyes and mind onto the situation.

If you really think anyone in marginalised groups or anyone with unusual proportions is going to get better off of "forced diversity" and diversity officers and diversity focus groups you're as clinically insane as you accuse others of being.

First, when it comes to attraction their isn't objectivity. So, Aloy does not look objectively worse but subjectively. Please not the difference.

You believe that diversity is political and because of that, you are unable to see how much of reality you have skewed because you are approaching it as a political agenda. A character is "ugly", agenda, politics, woke mob. A character doesn't have big boobs or a large ass, agenda, politics, woke mob. But, according to you, I am clinically insane.🤔

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1925 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@pc_rocks said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Pedro said:

The article headline is taking things out of context. They didn't ask for non-curvy females, all they said was to avoid exaggerated proportions..

That's extremely bad advice though. Exaggerated proportions are typical of all things stylized in all forms of media.

Comes across as though they are literally saying "be as boring as possible", which explains a lot.

After the 900th scanned mocap "so real" game, brain turns off, it's no longer impressive, it's just boring.

UG UG UG. So real. I'm emotionally turmoiled! , le_mind, and I conveying this? Grrrr

But that's exaggerated art that's good. There's a difference between that and the above.

Like, that is an actual joke.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Pedro

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Pedro said:

First, when it comes to attraction their isn't objectivity. So, Aloy does not look objectively worse but subjectively. Please not the difference.

You believe that diversity is political and because of that, you are unable to see how much of reality you have skewed because you are approaching it as a political agenda. A character is "ugly", agenda, politics, woke mob. A character doesn't have big boobs or a large ass, agenda, politics, woke mob. But, according to you, I am clinically insane.🤔

Way to attack the person, not the argument. You show them Pedro, how enlightened you are on this subject ;)

But you weren't attacked.🤷🏽‍♂️

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 uninspiredcup

@luxuryheart: Bruce Timms celebrated artwork that defined the DCAU would have people screeching. It's effectively 1940s pinups with extreme distortion.

I grew up on this, which explains why my childhood is signicantly superior.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SecretPolice

I grew up with this which is probably why I liked VG's so much. lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Pedro

@uninspiredcup said:

Exaggerated proportions are not the core issue. Exaggeration based on negative stereotypes are. The negative element is the key and it aids in cementing ideas. People ideas are easily skewed with exposure regardless of education or awareness. Eg. High heels are viewed as innately female when it is not. It is, however, culturally female in most societies.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Pedro

@SecretPolice said:

Not sexy enough. What is this woke agenda BS?😏

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Pedro said:

Exaggerated proportions are not the core issue. Exaggeration based on negative stereotypes are.

If it's some shit like, the old Superman cartoon, where it was basically racist as hell e.g. "buck tooth Chinaman" yea, that I can get behind. Or shit like people upset at black people being on screen.

Loading Video...

If it's just like, grown men, who like looking at tits, the form, nice aesthetics, And it's some far-left feminist telling me what I should be consuming for the greater good they have developed in their brain, "**** off" is the phrase that comes to mind.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 SecretPolice
@Pedro said:
@SecretPolice said:

Not sexy enough. What is this woke agenda BS?😏

lolol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Pedro
@uninspiredcup said:

If it's some shit like, the old Superman cartoon, where it was basically racist as hell e.g. "buck tooth Chinaman" yea, that I can get behind. Or shit like people upset at black people being on screen.

If it's just like, grown men, who like looking at tits, the form, nice aesthetics, And it's some far-left feminist telling me what I should be consuming for the greater good they have developed in their brain, "**** off" is the phrase that comes to mind.

What far-left feminist is telling you what you should be consuming?😂 And you are correct, you have the power to tell them to **** off.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Pedro said:
@uninspiredcup said:

What far-left feminist is telling you what you should be consuming?😂 And you are correct, you have the power to tell them to **** off.

From those notes above it seems to be viewing the lense of attractive design, anything sexual proportion wise that isn't in tandem with reality, or at least to make "people feel good about themselves" as a negative. At least that's how I'm reading it, unless missing something.

Contextuality if it's like, some realistic game, I get it, shit like bikini armor Pamela Anderson running around would be out of sync.

But as some sort of forced or highly proposed of blanket rule, I think that idea as a concept is fucking stupid. Gaming, like comics, or cartoon, or movies, whatever, are escapism. That's part of the appeal.

I can look outside the window if I want to see fat middle aged woman pushing a pram up the street. It's free.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 LuxuryHeart

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

look at the new fable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Asmongold/comments/14dtyog/fable_irl_actress_compared_to_ingame_model/

the facts are there your the one fragile for not sticking up for females. making females look ugly and not body.

I don't know where y'all get this lie that Western Devs are pushing ugly women as characters. Y'all just don't play those games...

Like Smite. There are plenty of attractive women in Smite with sexy skins. Diverse skins too!

Daji peacock

Daji sexy devil

Beach Yemoja

base Awillix on mount

Beach Awillix

Mermaid Medusa

Base Nu Wa

Beach Nu Wa

Playboi Bunny Nu Wa

Serqet

Naughty Nurse Neith

Carnival Neith

Maid Amaterasu

Summer Amaterasu

Beach Pele

Base Aphrodite

Beach Aphrodite

Sexy Witch Aphrodite

Black "Afro"dite

And this doesn't get into Fortnite, Paladins, Friday the 13th, Apex Legends, The Witcher 3, GTA, etc.

The Witcher 3 literally has sex scenes in it...

Like, y'all claim that Western Feminists ruin gaming, but they couldn't even stop Friday the 13th from releasing these skins:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

And this company was about to release more bikini skins and sexy slumber party skins, until the lawsuit... This game also has a single player mode where the counselors all sleep with each other and then die in terribly ways by Jason.

I'm not too knowledgeable about Dead by Daylight, since I don't play that game. Friday the 13th was the vastly superior game, before the lawsuit stopped all new content and hackers eventually took it over. Though considering that Dead by Daylight is a horror game like Friday the 13th, and one of the tropes of horror movies is the 'slutty' one. I wouldn't be surprised if they had fan service skins and characters.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 LuxuryHeart

@uninspiredcup said:

@luxuryheart: Bruce Timms celebrated artwork that defined the DCAU would have people screeching. It's effectively 1940s pinups with extreme distortion.

I grew up on this, which explains why my childhood is signicantly superior.

These proportions aren't all that exaggerated tbh. The only one I can kind of see is blondie with the hips, but even that isn't too bad.

And no one is saying you can't have ass.

The issue is more so the one on the right. It's giving trash "corn" star.

And realistic proportions can be sexy. Like in Paladins:

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By LuxuryHeart

@uninspiredcup said:
@Pedro said:
@uninspiredcup said:

From those notes above it seems to be viewing the lense of attractive design, anything sexual proportion wise that isn't in tandem with reality, or at least to make "people feel good about themselves" as a negative. At least that's how I'm reading it, unless missing something.

Contextuality if it's like, some realistic game, I get it, shit like bikini armor Pamela Anderson running around would be out of sync.

But as some sort of forced or highly proposed of blanket rule, I think that idea as a concept is fucking stupid. Gaming, like comics, or cartoon, or movies, whatever, are escapism. That's part of the appeal.

I can look outside the window if I want to see fat middle aged woman pushing a pram up the street. It's free.

I play a game that a lot of Liberals like, called Paladins:

This is literally a popular character for Liberals because she's an attractive and flirty lesbian. Plenty of other fan service characters in this game:

Stellar Star Inara

Devil Skye

Dragon forged Imani

Christmas Lian

Valentine Skye

Beach Kinessa

Valentine Ying

Street Style Ying

Daywalker Vivian

Liberals like fanservice and attractive characters as well, and no one is stopping you from playing these games. Once again, the Witcher 3 has sex scenes and it's one of the most popular games (and even won game of the year). Fortnite, Apex Legends, Dead by Daylight (maybe?), Friday the 13th, Smite, etc., have attractive women and skins. This forum just doesn't play those games...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#139 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19679 Posts

Reality check for Western developers: Most female audiences prefer attractive female characters! *GASP*

Most female audiences want their characters to look attractive just as most male audiences do. Attractive female characters are far more likely to pull in female audiences than unattractive female characters.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 PC_Rocks

@uninspiredcup said:
@pc_rocks said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Pedro said:

You know what I mean by exaggerated, it was not about stylized art. SFV characters are quite good even when exaggerated. Most games are not stylized and actually strive for boring realism (you and everyone on GS knows my stance on it). They are also looking at it from that lens when they issued the guideline.

There are bad kind of exaggerated: like that ugly Gears pic or what Kojima had in the latest DS2 trailer with the guitar guy.

As I said, I think artists used to have extremely sexualized characters in the past and now they want to ground it it more in realism so they are going to the other extreme to make it unattractive. Fable pic is a good example of that.

Anyway, I think the thread is gonna locked down soon.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Pedro
@uninspiredcup said:

In development and even in inclusion training, there is no force. Everything is given as suggestions and the suggestions are not given in a vacuum. This is why the points are made in the form of a question. Are you "blah blah blah"? Does your "blah blah blah"? It is an exercise of self-evaluating not demanding or imposing.

What I find most interesting is that the focus is on female being attractive, not males. Which isn't surprising because culturally, women are supposed to be attractive. The purpose of this attractiveness is the value of the woman to men. Men are not supposed to be attractive because a man is more than being attractive. The issue with this approach is that female characters worth ;like in society, is purely based on what they look like while the same is not applied to men. There are social issues with regards to this and it is the reason culturally women are pressured to look good or look sexy because it has become their core value. This translates into "Hey! How fuckable are you? If you are not fuckable, then NEXT." Imagine if that same value were placed on men. 😂 Now, does this mean that you can't have sexy or attractive female characters? Nope! But when so much weight is placed on females in games and in the real world to look fuckable vs men just being "meh", there is clear problem of double standard. This practice can be seen in all visual entertainment. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#142  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7345 Posts

@Pedro: You're right here. It's never bothered anyone on this forum that Marcus Phoenix looks like someone drew a face on a sack of potatoes and placed it on top of a refrigerator box. Or that Leon Kennedy looks quite a bit worse than his face model. I mean:

This would probably come up more often if he was a chick.
LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LuxuryHeart

@Jag85 said:

Reality check for Western developers: Most female audiences prefer attractive female characters! *GASP*

Most female audiences want their characters to look attractive just as most male audiences do. Attractive female characters are far more likely to pull in female audiences than unattractive female characters.

The examples that I listed above were from Western developers. A lot of Western developers have attractive female characters in their games. The Witcher 3 is the greatest example because it has sex and attractive women, and you play a male character with two romance options (while having sex with other women).

GTA has women in bikinis, and a lot of the games above that I listed have attractive women with fan service skins.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By uninspiredcup
@judaspete said:

@Pedro: You're right here. It's never bothered anyone on this forum that Marcus Phoenix looks like someone drew a face on a sack of potatoes and placed it on top of a refrigerator box. Or that Leon Kennedy looks quite a bit worse than his face model. I mean:

I understand the argument he is making here about double standards, but the example of Leon Kennedy is quite bad. He's generally considered one of the most attractive men in gaming and if you look at the female model as well of Clair Redfield, her face is also (minimally altered), but generally these face models for RE are almost a 1/1. So yea, not the best example.

Resident Evil males and females tend to be roundabout "models" unless you're a poor Spanish or African villager in which case you're dead.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

im not asking for big boobs or large ass. im asking for the model they hire. alloy looked much better in the first game a athletic female. then in the second facial hair and gained 15 bounds and a body that could not run the way she does.

if the models have nice faces look at alloys model. she is hot. if they want a ugly average female then hire one for the model. why do they make them look ugly?

then in movies they say woman power like the last avengers. never in my life when watching a movie with bunch of males say man power.

or the new ghostbusters they caught one ghost the rest of movie she googly eye a female ghost scene after scene. that's woke garbage.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Gifford38

@luxuryheart said:
@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

look at the new fable.

I don't know where y'all get this lie that Western Devs are pushing ugly women as characters. Y'all just don't play those games...

Like Smite. There are plenty of attractive women in Smite with sexy skins. Diverse skins too!

Daji peacock

Daji sexy devil

Beach Yemoja

base Awillix on mount

Beach Awillix

Mermaid Medusa

Base Nu Wa

Beach Nu Wa

Playboi Bunny Nu Wa

Serqet

Naughty Nurse Neith

Carnival Neith

Maid Amaterasu

Summer Amaterasu

Beach Pele

Base Aphrodite

Beach Aphrodite

Sexy Witch Aphrodite

Black "Afro"dite

And this doesn't get into Fortnite, Paladins, Friday the 13th, Apex Legends, The Witcher 3, GTA, etc.

The Witcher 3 literally has sex scenes in it...

Like, y'all claim that Western Feminists ruin gaming, but they couldn't even stop Friday the 13th from releasing these skins:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

And this company was about to release more bikini skins and sexy slumber party skins, until the lawsuit... This game also has a single player mode where the counselors all sleep with each other and then die in terribly ways by Jason.

I'm not too knowledgeable about Dead by Daylight, since I don't play that game. Friday the 13th was the vastly superior game, before the lawsuit stopped all new content and hackers eventually took it over. Though considering that Dead by Daylight is a horror game like Friday the 13th, and one of the tropes of horror movies is the 'slutty' one. I wouldn't be surprised if they had fan service skins and characters.

omg I don't need sexy females. I want them to look like a hero or the model they hired.

steller blade example. they are complaining about the main character looking to good yet its a spitting image of the model they hired.

alloy does not look like the model they hired.

fable does not look like her.

besides this is not real life its a game. people want to escape the real world.

lmao smite skins. I rather pull my pubic hairs out one by one then to play that.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By judaspete

@uninspiredcup: I'd say the face model and character model look pretty different in the pictures I posted, but you have to consider the face model one is a glamour shot. It's a similar thing with the Aloy ones posted earlier. If you look close, the facial features line up pretty well, but in-game Aloy is a bit sunburnt and doesn't wear makeup.

And look, I'm not calling people conspiracy theorists. I think there is a concerted effort by some to desexualize female characters. But I do think the results are exaggerated by certain internet rage-baters. I also think this issue is... not really that important.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 judaspete

@R4gn4r0k: Interesting you bring up Lady Dimitrescu as she is both overweight and older looking. Two traits outside normal beauty standards, yet still presented as attractive. Kinda woke really.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#149  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19679 Posts
@luxuryheart said:
@Jag85 said:

The examples that I listed above were from Western developers. A lot of Western developers have attractive female characters in their games. The Witcher 3 is the greatest example because it has sex and attractive women, and you play a male character with two romance options (while having sex with other women).

GTA has women in bikinis, and a lot of the games above that I listed have attractive women with fan service skins.

Your examples only prove my point that most female audiences prefer attractive female characters. The games that draw the largest female audiences typically have attractive or cute characters. Certain liberals are trying to push this idea that unattractive female protagonists is "catering" to female audiences, yet that's not what most female audiences actually want. They're catering to a specific loud minority, not the majority of female gamers. If anything, they're alienating the majority of female gamers who'd much rather play games with attractive or cute characters.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 LuxuryHeart

@Pedro said:
@uninspiredcup said:

In development and even in inclusion training, there is no force. Everything is given as suggestions and the suggestions are not given in a vacuum. This is why the points are made in the form of a question. Are you "blah blah blah"? Does your "blah blah blah"? It is an exercise of self-evaluating not demanding or imposing.

What I find most interesting is that the focus is on female being attractive, not males. Which isn't surprising because culturally, women are supposed to be attractive. The purpose of this attractiveness is the value of the woman to men. Men are not supposed to be attractive because a man is more than being attractive. The issue with this approach is that female characters worth ;like in society, is purely based on what they look like while the same is not applied to men. There are social issues with regards to this and it is the reason culturally women are pressured to look good or look sexy because it has become their core value. This translates into "Hey! How fuckable are you? If you are not fuckable, then NEXT." Imagine if that same value were placed on men. 😂 Now, does this mean that you can't have sexy or attractive female characters? Nope! But when so much weight is placed on females in games and in the real world to look fuckable vs men just being "meh", there is clear problem of double standard. This practice can be seen in all visual entertainment. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

To be fair, there are more male fanservice skins popping up. It seems like the complaint that some people had was that only the women were fan service, but not the men. Though games are starting to have more fanservice that appeals to people who are attracted to men. Like in Friday the 13th, the Spring Break DLC pack had shirt less men, and one of the men wore a speedo.

Paladins has the following:

Beach Fernando

Beach Koga

Beach Lex

Base Caspian

Masquerade Ball Caspian

Mermaid Jenos

Vampire Corvus

Merrymaker Dredge

Demonslayer Zhin