Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 Announced

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

Wat.

Why?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Wasdie

Same here. I saw the pic the first thing and thought, "oh look, an old pic from one of the earlier RCT games... Wait, FOR TH3DS?!?!" And now I am sad inside.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I played the Roller Coaster Tycoon games alot as a child so it's nice to see a new one. And I definitely want a 3DS so it being ion the 3DS is fine by me. Don't see the big deal...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#53 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I wonder why there wasn't this reaction with the Dungeon Keeper chinese mmo... That hurt me way more.
Even if this were a RCT4 it would still be playable and enjoyable.

chapnzaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#54 chapnzaba
Member since 2005 • 2302 Posts
Ah that sounds nice those games were interes- *clicks topic and reads* Fffffff-
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Interesting. I can see the game working on the 3DS, but that screenshot looks pretty bad. Hopefully it's just a bad capture.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

The nostalgia in my heart nearly exploded at this news...And then you said 3DS, and my inner-child died.

skinny_man_69
same. i still play the crap out of RCT3 on my laptop!
SteamedBennet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SteamedBennet
Member since 2011 • 534 Posts

*hears rumbling* Uh oh, here the comes the PC gamers... and they sound pissed

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

I find the majority of the replies on this thread hilarious. There are more irritated PC fans here than actual RCT fans.

Rather than rejoice at a new installment in a franchise you love, you shun it because of the platform. Finding it too much to have to pay for a 3DS on top of the game? Seriously, guys; it's not something to create such a fuss. 'Inner child dying'... :lol:

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

I find the majority of the replies on this thread hilarious. There are more irritated PC fans here than actual RCT fans.

Rather than rejoice at a new installment in a franchise you love, you shun it because of the platform. Finding it too much to have to pay for a 3DS on top of the game? Seriously, guys; it's not something to create such a fuss. 'Inner child dying'... :lol:

mmmwksil
Exactly. I have all the games and expansions for the PC and I love that it's coming to a different system and won't be a problem for me to run.
jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

Hopefully it's good, the first RCT was awesome :D

btw that "screenshot" is a scan from a magazine, so maybe thats why it looks bad(at least I hope so)

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#61 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

mmmwksil
Totes agree. "Looks back at my original post" Oh wait... :(
glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts
I was actually smiling when I saw the thread title, when I clicked into this thread and read it.... my heart sunk.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
RCT 2 is still the best game out of a cereal box.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#65 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
I liked some RCT 3 back in the day. I'll get this.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Umm..did they actually name it RCT4? There's no word about it at gonintendo and I would be very surprised if they decided to make a proper sequel as 3DS game, intead of a spin-off. That said though..Atari is in pretty bad shape and might simply not have money to make PC sequel.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Why. WHY. WHYY.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 AdrianWerner

I wonder why there wasn't this reaction with the Dungeon Keeper chinese mmo

KungfuKitten

Because Dungeon Keeper has been dead for far longer, plus it never was even 20% as popular as RCT was.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

damn you, i was hoping it was pc.

i recently started playing the original again, the memories! :)

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AdrianWerner

mmmwksil

That's either a hell lot of denial or harmless ignorance on your part. Go to official RCT forums, the reactions there are even more severe than those here.

And it's understandable...why would hardcore fans of the IP "rejoice at a new installment in a franchise" when thatnew installment is actually very dumbed down and a lot uglier RCT?

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 mmmwksil

That's either a hell lot of denial or harmless ignorance on your part. Go to official RCT forums, the reactions there are even more severe than those here.

And it's understandable...why would hardcore fans of the IP "rejoice at a new installment in a franchise" when thatnew installment is actually very dumbed down and a lot uglier RCT?

AdrianWerner

"Oh no, the new installment has switched platforms and no longer has teh graphix!!1"

Forgive me if I play the importance of a new game over what platform it's on. I'm happier to be playing more RCT than caring where it's on. And no, I do not frequent the RCT forum, so I wouldn't know what their reactions are. I'm on this forum, and I laugh at the reactions on THIS forum.

Lastly: where is the proof that this installment will be "dumbed down"? Have you played it yet? Oh wait... it's barely been announced.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#72 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14417 Posts

*runs around screaming, kicking and screaming WHAT THE **** WHAT THE ****!*

I am NOT amused by this development. :evil:

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

That's just mean...no mention of the 3DS in the title...ok you got me this time. I looked...I thought it would be news about a PC game made by Chris Sawyer....I fell for it.

Looks like the original RCT. Guess the 3DS is now at the level of an 11 year old PC?

Well after the steaming crap pile that was RCT3 Nintendo can have the franchise. NO Chris Sawyer = NO good.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Well, that sucks. I wanted it on PC.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 AdrianWerner

"Oh no, the new installment has switched platforms and no longer has teh graphix!!1"

mmmwksil

Actually people are complaing more about smaller scale and lack of user content. But then again..how would you know...you obviously don't have any idea about RCT fan community.

So far the ones who are rejoicing are just Nintendo fans, not RCT fans.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mmmwksil

AdrianWerner

I'm both, so your statement is false.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]wow really? So it not only is abandoning the parent platform for absolutely no reason.. But the newest installment will be dumbed down in just about every way possible to fit on a handheld?illmatic87
Since it's not a multiplat 3DS/PC game, why does it even matter if the game is dumbed down? Does it affect you? (no); are you just being insecure? (yes) There has been PC franchises that have had DS titles before with no effect on the PC installments.

... Insecure? The hell talking about? There hasn't been a Rollercoaster Tycoon game in YEARS.. And finally when we get a annoucnement its on the 3ds, not the pc.. Now even if I WANT TO enjoy the 3ds, its going to be no where in depth with the amount of options as the past pc titles.. I could care less if it was coming on the 3ds if there was a announced PC version.. But there isn't.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Well contrary to what most people are thinking, I love the idea of this actually, rollercoaster tycoon on the go :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-59d151f079814

Well contrary to what most people are thinking, I love the idea of this actually, rollercoaster tycoon on the go :)

_Matt_

I wouldn't mind if A) They announced a PC sequel.. B) what made RTC great was the amount of content, sandbox nature and just sheer options.. The handheld is going to to wreck that..

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#80 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

mmmwksil

Forgive me if I play the importance of a new game over what platform it's on. I'm happier to be playing more RCT than caring where it's on. And no, I do not frequent the RCT forum, so I wouldn't know what their reactions are. I'm on this forum, and I laugh at the reactions on THIS forum.

Lastly: where is the proof that this installment will be "dumbed down"? Have you played it yet? Oh wait... it's barely been announced.

Well I can't imagine a handheld properly handling what RCT does. Also taking a franchise mostly exclusive to the PC and moving a sequel exclusively to a handheld is kind of a slap in the face. RCT3 sold well from what I remember and fans would like a new one. They could have just done an offshoot of the series onto the 3DS and developed RCT4 for the PC. Or they could have just ported the PC version during development and made it a multiplat.

It's greatly disappointing to say the least.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#81 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
3DS.....wahh. Always loved them on PC.
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

I highly doubt this is Rollercoaster Tycoon 4. I'm willing to bet that RCT4 will be announced for PC soon enough. If anything from the picture I saw on this thread (low quality, looks like it's a scan from a magazine or something), it looks like it's a port of RCT3 (I loved RCT3). There properly going to be a few extra features added, so all in all, I'll be getting it (mainly just for the fact that it's portable).

Btw since this game going to come in March of next year, I'm willing to bet that the game isn't done being developed yet, so I'd say they have plenty of time to smooth out some edges and improve the graphics.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

mmmwksil

Well.you obviously don't represent the majority of RCT fandom then, so I don't know why you assume to have the right to speak for them.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

AdrianWerner

Well.you obviously don't represent the majority of RCT fandom then, so I don't know why you assume to have the right to speak for them.

I am a fan of the RCT franchise. Suddenly because I go against the herd my opinion is moot? And I never said I was speaking for the fandom entire you did. I only pointed out the false statement that RCT fans aren't rejoicing. Not all are, but some are. Be more accurate.

@Wasdie - A PC version followed with a port would solve this entire issue for the PC fans. But if they choose not to, there's really nothing we can do. I just don't see why people are quick to judge the game based solely on platform.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

mmmwksil

I am a fan of the RCT franchise. Suddenly because I go against the herd my opinion is moot? And I never said I was speaking for the fandom entire you did. I only pointed out the false statement that RCT fans aren't rejoicing. Not all are, but some are. Be more accurate.

@Wasdie - A PC version followed with a port would solve this entire issue for the PC fans. But if they choose not to, there's really nothing we can do. I just don't see why people are quick to judge the game based solely on platform.

Because Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 released in 2004.. Out side of some expansions, there hasn't been a RTC game since.. Now all of a sudden 7 years later we get a announcement of a beloved franchise that is going to a handheld.. A franchise I may add that was all about its freedom, large content and other such things.. Something that doesn't mix well with a handheld.. What made RTC great was things that I can not possibly see a handheld do well or give it justice..

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Lol hermits totally ripped this thread to shreds.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 AdrianWerner

I am a fan of the RCT franchise. Suddenly because I go against the herd my opinion is moot?

mmmwksil

Nope, but you suggested it's just pc fans complaining, not RCT fans, which is wrong. The reaction of most RCT community has been negative, even more than what we've see here on SW.

Nobody is denying you the right to your own opinion, you just need to realize "the herd" (which is pretty derogatory term) thinks differently.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#88 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
The first one was fun. The 3ds needs a really good game to bring customers.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mmmwksil

Nope, but you suggested it's just pc fans complaining, not RCT fans, which is wrong. The reaction of most RCT community has been negative, even more than what we've see here on SW.

Nobody is denying you the right to your own opinion, you just need to realize "the herd" (which is pretty derogatory term) thinks differently.

AdrianWerner

First, I said there were more PC fans complaining than actual RCT fans. Second, I see the reasons why the RCT fandom is against this, and acknowledge them; I just don't think it such a detriment, especially this far from release.

And of course the "herd" thinks differently, otherwise I wouldn't have made the statement in the first place. They don't like the direction the series has taken, but I have no problem with it.

Either way, I'm ceasing this discussion here. I've said more than my fair share on the matter, and will look forward to developments on the game as we get closer to release.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#90 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

3DS are you serious? That's funny. Great series turned ****

hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hensothor
Member since 2011 • 522 Posts
I would love this as a spin-off, but come on RCT4 belongs on PC. To think I just got RCT2 on GoG...
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
WTF??!?!?! why not pc where it belongs, man i played the crap out o the first two back in the day, they were so addictive
incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts
I don't believe for a second that this is some all new version of RCT. It's probably a modified version of a previous one ported to the 3DS. First off that picture doesn't even look as advanced as RCT3. That looks more like RCT1 or 2. RCT3 changed the look quite a bit from the previous two. It was more vibrant and alive and the default view was closer. That pic looks much worse than RCT3, and I don't mean in graphic quality, I mean in production quality. Also, that list posted on the first page of all the features this game is going to have, those are all features the series has had for a long time.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#94 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Crossel777
It's amusing. I never thought a handheld title would clash with Hermits like this in SW.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Why 3DS?!! Why?:(

Giant_Panda

n-Space is the developer and they make great handheld games.

I'm probably going to buy the 3DS version since n-Space is handling it.

But I still think they might announce it for the PC.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#96 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Crossel777"]

illmatic87

It's amusing. I never thought a handheld title would clash with Hermits like this in SW.

Take a PC centric (not exclusive mind you) franchise away from it's main fanbase and people are going to be upset. This is just a really stupid move.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I'm not really into these type of games but I do think we'll start seeing more and more once PC-centric franchises on the touchsceen/pad supporting platforms like 3DS, Vita, Wii-U, iPad, ect. It's the future of gaming after all :P

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 AdrianWerner

I'm not really into these type of games but I do think we'll start seeing more and more once PC-centric franchises on the touchsceen/pad supporting platforms like 3DS, Vita, Wii-U, iPad, ect. It's the future of gaming after all :P

nameless12345

The games on those platforms tend to be heavily dumbed down and casualized. So much they would flop on PC if ported back. Which is quite fortunate, as nobody is trying to make multiplats like those. If they make games for those touch centric platforms they make them a spin-off, while PC gets their own version. Especially since with those titles even after dumbing down the PC sales tend to completely dwarf the iPad ones.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
Absolutely loved the pc games! Super excited this is coming!
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#100 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I heard that screenshot was HD for the DS.