Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22894 Posts
@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

Lol rich comments coming from you two MS clowns.

I have investments in Sony not MS. I work with Sony and not MS. I get discounts on Sony games not MS. But I am the MS shill.😂 Meanwhile, you are shilling for a company for free..🤣

Wait.... You have the ability to look at something you enjoy AND call it out at the same time? Stop breaking my brain with your shilling, you monster!

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#102 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

Don't you fret, folks. It's okay that digital content is being stripped from consumers because Sony has sold nearly 40,000 PS5 a day this year alone! Can you believe it? Wow!

Good on you Sony for being able to finally have inventory for people to buy and with all this money you're bringing into the bank it seems you can't afford to renew your contract(s) to retain these shows from Discovery for your customers that paid you money to have access to them.

F'ing pathetic.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#103 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

I have investments in Sony not MS. I work with Sony and not MS. I get discounts on Sony games not MS. But I am the MS shill.😂 Meanwhile, you are shilling for a company for free..🤣

Bullshit!

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#104 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts
@last_lap said:
@davillain said:

@last_lap: So just pointing PC gamers are we? Maybe you should take the complaints towards MS, Sony as they are the ones jumping into the digital world, PC does its own thing, so don't blame us for your love of Physical media going away soon...but NOT in the distant future if ever.

In case you didn't know, physical PC games still do exist. Look at CP2077 getting its PC physical for the Ultimate Edition.

Did hermits allow Gaben to open a storefront and kill physical media on the PC, why yes they did, you are a part of that. I didn't make any of that up, it's just factual.

Now MS/Sony/Nintendo would love to do the same. Digital only future is the worst kind of future imaginable.

The odd PC game getting a physical release for a special edition is nothing.

Like I said I hope Sony gets taken to court for stealing people's property that they paid for. They should not be allowed to get away with it.

Most people these days are stupid and don't understand how much control they've given up for a little extra convenience. I won't lie, I was part of the problem for a while, but 5-6 years ago I stopped buying into digital DRMs such as Steam. I'll only pay GoG for games because with GoG I can download the game files to my side, store them on what I want, use them when I want and not have to be connected to any kind of DRM to play the game.

I used to easily buy 4-5 dozen DVDs/Blu-ray movies a year and multiple full TV show series on disc. Today most movies and nearly all shows created don't come to physical media anymore. This means that if I want something I have to pay to stream it and I never get to have it in my possession ever again (in any legal ways).

I've got 1000+ movies on disc and over 4 dozen full TV show series on disc. Along with 100+ physical PC games and even 3-4 dozen VHS in my possession still. I've got multiple blu-ray players, two blu-ray drives on my computer, a functional PS2 and PS3 to play discs if needed and a functional VCR to play my VHS.

For me it's not about having a tangible item (though don't get me wrong, I do love the old physical PC games with all the artwork, items and boxes), it's about being in control of using what I own, when I want and how I want. You can't do that with a digital copy of a movie or game on a DRM controlled system. You're at the mercy of the digital distributor, period. If your connection to that distributor is severed some how, some way, all that stuff is gone. Poof! Vanished. But as I said before, most people are stupid and don't even understand this.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

@neatfeatguy: Great 👍.

Coming back to Steam, I've read a post of a gamer on a gaming forum (Gamefaq) saying he couldn't get access to some games on Steam he bought 5 years ago as he was asked to show email receipt about proof of ownership. Wtf!?!

PS, Xbox, Nintendo, Epic, and Steam stores are all digital scams that naive gamers are falling into hook, line, and sinker.

Gamers were wiser a decade ago as evident by the always online Xbox One fiasco at launch. But now the naive Zoomers are fueling an all digital dystopian future that will spell the doom for consumers. I fear even GoG one day adopting the Steam model. If that bleak future becomes a reality, I will quit gaming and turn to retro PC gaming or even piracy as I won't let corporations dictate their greedy terms to me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#106  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70267 Posts

@randy_lahey said:

Bullshit!

More like "I hope it is bullshit because that makes me look like silly shill" 😂.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Pedro
@TheEroica said:

Wait.... You have the ability to look at something you enjoy AND call it out at the same time? Stop breaking my brain with your shilling, you monster!

Many of us do. It is the few (typically Sony folklings) that struggle with this.😂

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56371 Posts

@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

Bullshit!

More like "I hope it is bullshit because that makes me look like silly shill" 😂.

This made me chuckle more than it should🤣

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#109 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5288 Posts

@danishanwar: you speak of piracy if the bleak all-digital future comes, but what about stop playing any future game, whether you obtain them legally or illegally and just play retro PC games? I felt this will keep your hands "clean" from the corporations that made the all-digital future possible. Also, I feel that obtaining games illegally through piracy is supporting the corporations, regardless of whether money is involved or not or their legality.

In speaking of Steam, I had often wonder why I can no longer find physical copies of PC games in stores, but whenever I see trailers of games released on the PC, they will always show the Steam logo. If I want to play a PC game, why I had to use Steam or any other launcher? What happened to physical PC games? Because of all this, I cannot in good faith play any recent PC game and it has been the case for several years.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6648 Posts

@neatfeatguy: yeah, people are wondering why i'm here taking shots at PC gamers. It's because they made digital games the norm, and hence it was always going to move onto tv shows, movies etc.

Digital is a slippery slope that will only get worse, especially when that becomes the only option on every platform.

And Sony are getting sued for not allowing digital codes to be sold by other retailers because they want their store the only game in town, so EVERY purchase has to go through them, and they make the most profit.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#111 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34753 Posts

@last_lap said:

@neatfeatguy: yeah, people are wondering why i'm here taking shots at PC gamers. It's because they made digital games the norm, and hence it was always going to move onto tv shows, movies etc.

Yeah, a digital only future would never even be considered if it weren't for PC gamers. It's definintely PC gamers fault that streaming TV shows and movies is so popular.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44260 Posts

Poo cows. :P

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9837 Posts

@jcafcwbb said:Let's get this right, Sony did not steal people's money intentionally. This is all about licencing and could be something that is out of their control. It seems that after the take over the Discovery owners have decided to cut off the licencing arrangement with Sony. If they have done that then Discovery should be re-paying all the money spent on this. That should be the legal precedent. If Sony have received unacceptable terms then a court should decide what are acceptable terms. If Sony has decided not to renew acceptable terms then Sony should pay. Maybe someone can post why this licencing arrangement has broken down.

One thing that must be considered is was it in the terms of service and easily understood that this content could be taken away? I know that with PS Plus if I stop subscribing then I lose access to the game library.

What is clear is there should be some legal protections for the consumer but this being America the corporate bodies will always get protected more than the consumer. What Discovery want is Sony to have to pay the money back even if they are being the unreasonable ones.

Maybe Americans will wake up and see how the system looks at you - some George Carlin pointed out years ago.

If we’re getting it right, let’s be objective. Discovery sold Sony the licensing rights to sell Discovery media to the public. Sony pays Discovery X amount - based on sales - until such time as licensing is renegotiated. We can speculate that Discovery wanted a bigger cut…it doesn’t matter. Sony declined to renew the agreement.

Meanwhile, Sony sold that product onto the public. Sold is the operative word here…not rented. That’s why you can’t compare this to psplus. Having paid Discovery their share, the rest is revenue for Sony.

Discovery didn’t sell the media to the public, Sony did. Sony alone can offer refunds to the people that paid to download the films, because Discovery didn’t get paid by the public.

Given Sony’s record on refunds, I’m not giving much hope to the people who paid getting any kind of compensation from Sony. Sony don’t even offer the slightest apology or recognition that it inconveniences people - in fact the press release just says “Thank you for your continued support” which is a) presumptuous and b) bordering on arrogant.

anon_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 anon_fire
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

@nod_calypse: I'm with you on that.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1409 Posts

@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

Non-argument. It doesn't negate the shortsightedness and greed consumer-drones like you like to express, celebrating competition in videogames being reduced to predatory pricing and content (Microsoft), instead of creativity, quality and innovation. You celebrate the decline of videogaming. You are an xbot through and through. Now go and consume your garbage.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By sealionact

@palasta: If you support creativity and innovation, you’re supporting the wrong piece of plastic when we’re looking at countless remasters and remakes this gen on ps5, as well as the 21st game in the R&C series. What’s next for ps5? Tlou2 remaster. Then yet another 3rd person superhero game. Then who knows.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 TheEroica  Moderator

@palasta said:
@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

Non-argument. It doesn't negate the shortsightedness and greed consumer-drones like you like to express, celebrating competition in videogames being reduced to predatory pricing and content (Microsoft), instead of creativity, quality and innovation. You celebrate the decline of videogaming. You are an xbot through and through. Now go and consume your garbage.

Your post is pure fiction.... Just a few days ago Pedro was calling out Sony for deleting content off the store and stiffing fans while the Sony shills saw no problem with it and defended their favorite corporate suits... It's kind of amazing how off base your comment is.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 690 Posts

@sealionact: Prove it. Prove that it is Sony that has refused to renew the licence and it is not TimeWarner that has decided not renew the licence. If you can provide a reputable link - meaning not someone's Twitter speculation, then I'll believe you. Until then I will take it your are twisting the narrative to fit your own agenda.

You could rightly say that as Sony sold it then they should refund it and then they can sue TW for the money if it is TW being unreasonable.

You still haven't said how your Govt will protect consumers from this.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Randy_Lahey

@TheEroica said:
@palasta said:
@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

Your post is pure fiction.... Just a few days ago Pedro was calling out Sony for deleting content off the store and stiffing fans while the Sony shills saw no problem with it and defended their favorite corporate suits... It's kind of amazing how off base your comment is.

Lol. Did you even read his comment Eshillca? He called Pedro an xbot for reasons everyone here knows to be true, and your above post backs palasta even further.

and btw you’re the last person to call anyone a shill. Stick to trawling the internet for whatever morsel of negative sony news you can blow out of proportion.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 jcafcwbb

@TheEroica: So you do not see the problem that this should be illegal in the first place then? That no company should be able to remove content that has been paid for. Maybe you would be better off criticising Congress which allows this to happen.

No, thought not.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Randy_Lahey

@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

Bullshit!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50648 Posts

@jcafcwbb said:

@sealionact: Prove it. Prove that it is Sony that has refused to renew the licence and it is not TimeWarner that has decided not renew the licence. If you can provide a reputable link - meaning not someone's Twitter speculation, then I'll believe you. Until then I will take it your are twisting the narrative to fit your own agenda.

You could rightly say that as Sony sold it then they should refund it and then they can sue TW for the money if it is TW being unreasonable.

This is what I've been asking. Who is actually at fault for this?

I know this is SW and all, but some facts still matter. If it was Sony, terrible move by them obviously.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#123 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13091 Posts

@palasta said:
@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

Cranky much?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 DaVillain  Moderator

Now you have IGN on the matter:

This will get more gamers concerned about the matter. The Digital World is in shamble😣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#125 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13091 Posts

@davillain said:

Now you have IGN on the matter:

This will get more gamers concerned about the matter. The Digital World is in shamble😣

IGN is IGNorant.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#126 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5288 Posts

Can we lay off the toxicity on this thread?

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 jcafcwbb

@davillain: So what are our lawmakers going to do to protect consumers? At least one moderator can answer that can't they? Seeing as they are happy to wade into this.

Nothing will change if we leave it to the companies now will it?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#128 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

@jcafcwbb: Have to protect yourself. If you dont want to lease content creators art like Video Games. Then dont buy them.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 DaVillain  Moderator

@jcafcwbb said:

@davillain: So what are our lawmakers going to do to protect consumers? At least one moderator can answer that can't they? Seeing as they are happy to wade into this.

One thing at a time. I'm not the one looking into this report. I was just pointing out IGN is looking into it, not me😁

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Pedro

@palasta said:

Like I said in another post, you have a knack for stupid takes and this is not an exception. You all folks are comically broken. And I love it.😂

@randy_lahey said:

Lol. Did you even read his comment Eshillca? He called Pedro an xbot for reasons everyone here knows to be true, and your above post backs palasta even further.

and btw you’re the last person to call anyone a shill. Stick to trawling the internet for whatever morsel of negative sony news you can blow out of proportion.

Are you still upset that a mod called Sony out on its practices?😂 But, he is the shill?🤣

Agent_Stroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Agent_Stroud
Member since 2020 • 541 Posts

@randy_lahey: It would seem that they struck a nerve with the blatantly hostile gif you responded to them with, bruh. 😏

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pedro

@jcafcwbb said:

According to some Sony fanatics

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

We know SONY will make it right if possible, and by golly that's all we can ask for!

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

Some upset people in here...lmao

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By sealionact

@jcafcwbb: Prove it? It doesn’t matter. It has nothing to do with Sony’s refusal to compensate their customers in anyway. Common sense says it’s Sony that didn’t renew for financial reasons - why would TW turn down money? But it doesn’t matter - those dealings affect future income. I’m talking about the current deal, that is ending. Sony sold customers a product, and banked the money. Now those customers don’t have the product they paid Sony for, and Sony aren’t even apologising.

TW can’t be sued - even if was them who refused to relicense - because they’ve supplied Sony with a product that Sony sold on the PS store. They’ve abided by their obligations to Sony - it’s now on Sony to appease their fan base.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 TheEroica  Moderator

@davillain said:
@jcafcwbb said:

One thing at a time. I'm not the one looking into this report. I was just pointing out IGN is looking into it, not me😁

What is wrong with mods weighing in on topics and having opinions? Mods are system wars users as well. Generating conversation on system wars requires elements of the industry to talk about. So why should we shy away from it?

Sony is in the wrong if they keep the money they've taken from consumers for a product they can't deliver on. They should either refund the affected users or offer ps points or something.

Digital is extremely convenient and definitely my preferred way to game in the modern age, but they must put policy in place to protect gamers for things like this.... To do nothing is not a good look and to defend Sony if they do nothing is an even worse look.

Be for your fellow gamers above blind loyalty to a corporation. Too many people in gaming forums are willing to wash over the faults of their favorite corporate suits and die on a hill for them... All the while they're ripping off gamers. It's why being a fanboy is the worst of all factions...

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 TheEroica  Moderator
@Heil68 said:

We know SONY will make it right if possible, and by golly that's all we can ask for!

I can already see them making it right with DLC from my singing monsters. 😛

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 TheEroica  Moderator
@Chutebox said:
@jcafcwbb said:

This is what I've been asking. Who is actually at fault for this?

I know this is SW and all, but some facts still matter. If it was Sony, terrible move by them obviously.

I think there is legitamcy to giving Sony a break if they did not have anything to do with losing the licenses... But I don't think it's an excuse to not deal with the affected customers. As far as my interests, I don't need them to feel rushed to a decision, but it'll he awful telling if they ignore this and the gamers affected.

Regardless of licensing, compensate those impacted and move on. Then they'll look like heros.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#140 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5181 Posts

First off yes Sony sucks for doing this, and they need to be shamed and sued.

Second, yall need to quit defending Steam, or saying Steam would never do this.

That's fucking Bull Shit. Steam is a company out to make money and they don't give a **** about you or anyone else. Maybe Gabe keeps them in check, but he isn't going to be around forever, Steam at any point can take your shit away, and you need to realize that.

These companies don't give a crap about you, me, or anyone.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Pedro

@Star67 said:

First off yes Sony sucks for doing this, and they need to be shamed and sued.

Second, yall need to quit defending Steam, or saying Steam would never do this.

That's fucking Bull Shit. Steam is a company out to make money and they don't give a **** about you or anyone else. Maybe Gabe keeps them in check, but he isn't going to be around forever, Steam at any point can take your shit away, and you need to realize that.

These companies don't give a crap about you, me, or anyone.

Sony is the one that has done this and Steam hasn't and there isn't any concern about a change in direction for Steam but you spent most of your time on the company that is not guilty of this than the one that is.🤷🏽‍♂️

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Pedro
@TheEroica said:

I think there is legitamcy to giving Sony a break if they did not have anything to do with losing the licenses... But I don't think it's an excuse to not deal with the affected customers. As far as my interests, I don't need them to feel rushed to a decision, but it'll he awful telling if they ignore this and the gamers affected.

Regardless of licensing, compensate those impacted and move on. Then they'll look like heros.

The users paid for the license. Sony themselves may have lost the license to sell and redistribute etc but that loss does not or should not equate to negating licensees. Users still have a rite to the content they purchased.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@Pedro said:
@TheEroica said:

The users paid for the license. Sony themselves may have lost the license to sell and redistribute etc but that loss does not or should not equate to negating licensees. Users still have a rite to the content they purchased.

Agreed... And what's better is Sony can take a scenario like this and set a gamers first precedent that others will have to follow... Some of the more "corporate friendly" fans will likely be angry if Sony bows to the customer, but indeed Sony can be a true friend to gamers by taking care of their customers.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@Pedro said:
@TheEroica said:

Agreed... And what's better is Sony can take a scenario like this and set a gamers first precedent that others will have to follow... Some of the more "corporate friendly" fans will likely be angry if Sony bows to the customer, but indeed Sony can be a true friend to gamers by taking care of their customers.

I hope they do. That's why I'm not a huge fan of digital, but I caved in and have bought numerous games digitally. I also bout the all digital Xbox S.

Feel in this day and age there would be class action law suits if this kind of thing happened.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Pedro
@Heil68 said:

I hope they do. That's why I'm not a huge fan of digital, but I caved in and have bought numerous games digitally. I also bout the all digital Xbox S.

Feel in this day and age there would be class action law suits if this kind of thing happened.

If companies don't take a proactive approach, a lawsuit is inevitable and they will lose. I am waiting to see which of the two scenarios is going to happen first.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Star67

@Pedro: What did I just fucking say?

You just made yourself an example of the exact crap I was saying and you didn't even realize IT!

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 jcafcwbb

@TheEroica: I am not for any organisation that is why I believe there should be laws protecting the consumers. I do not believe Sony or Microsoft or Time Warner or any other corporation will do anything they are not compelled to by law. Consumers should not have to take out class action lawsuits - the fact they even have to shows the law makers have failed in their duties. This why we should be putting pressure on the law-makers rather than Sony to win a pointless console war.

I do game on Playstation but I will call Sony out when they need it - I did that recently. Meanwhile there are certain heavy posters on here who will never call out their console of choice, ever.

On this issue the law should prevent the deleting of paid content. But as it doesn't, because law-makers look after the corporations ahead of the consumers, whoever cancelled the licence be it Time Warner or Sony should be forced to pay the refunds. Time Warner has previous for taking away content - I wonder if they would be so bold if they would have to pay the refunds. Paid for content should be outside licencing agreements. Answer me this do you think either Biden or Trump will change the law to prevent this happening?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Pedro

@Star67 said:

@Pedro: What did I just fucking say?

You just made yourself an example of the exact crap I was saying and you didn't even realize IT!

I guess the facts got the best of you. I will repeat it for good measure.😂

@Pedro said:

Sony is the one that has done this and Steam hasn't and there isn't any concern about a change in direction for Steam but you spent most of your time on the company that is not guilty of this than the one that is.🤷🏽‍♂️

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Star67

@Pedro: Ill ask again what did I just fucking say in my post? What did I just fucking say.

Christ you people are daft

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Pedro

@Star67 said:

@Pedro: Ill ask again what did I just fucking say in my post? What did I just fucking say.

Christ you people are daft

So angry. Let me repeat. Probably this time it would sink in.🤭

@Pedro said: