Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6645 Posts

@Chutebox: You're one of the more reasonable cows here, but Sony is the one selling this content on their store front, and in the end, they are responsible.

Even if Sony and Discovery (or whoever the parent company is) couldn't come to terms to continue business, Sony can't take what a person has legally bought.

All we can do is hope that Sony gives people a full refund or their content back, and if none of that happens then Sony and even Discovery gets sued.

Sony's thank you for your continued support message is about as tone deaf as you can get, and shows they have no intention of compensating its consumers.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

I am also a very reasonable cow if you think about it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22894 Posts

@last_lap said:

@Chutebox: You're one of the more reasonable cows here, but Sony is the one selling this content on their store front, and in the end, they are responsible.

Even if Sony and Discovery (or whoever the parent company is) couldn't come to terms to continue business, Sony can't take what a person has legally bought.

All we can do is hope that Sony gives people a full refund or their content back, and if none of that happens then Sony and even Discovery gets sued.

Sony's thank you for your continued support message is about as tone deaf as you can get, and shows they have no intention of compensating its consumers.

Chute is a unicorn... A Sony fan who leads with logic in his retort. He's one of my favs.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50648 Posts

@last_lap said:

Either way, yes, they should absolutely be refunded.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#155 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13090 Posts

I love @Chutebox, he is a good shit.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50648 Posts

Y'all making me uncomfortable.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 690 Posts

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/psvideocontent/

Came across this and was surprised that no-one on here noticed that the Discovery content is no longer being removed due to updated licences. Did I miss a thread discussing this?

This is good news for the owners of that content. Of course it should have been illegal to remove paid-for content in the first place.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Sancho_Panzer  Online
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

Companies should be forced to make any files available for downloading and archiving to anyone who's paid.

Cuz this shit is a joke:

Blame Canada, please, if the table's nonsense - https://www.canada.ca/en/conservation-institute/services/conservation-preservation-publications/canadian-conservation-institute-notes/longevity-recordable-cds-dvds.html

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12067 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Digital is terrible. Crazy that people want that as their future.

100% inevitable.

I would want my money back on anything that I purchased.

The same goes for companies that shut down servers for games.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

This doesn't mean that digital is terrible. It means that Sony is.