Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#101 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts
@warm_gun said:

Wonder if controller users accidentally press against walls/railings when they mean to hang like I do. They have to, right? Even just jumping down from the few designated high spots feels bad because the automated system only gives you a couple of spots on which to land.

Also no, I never accidentally pressed against a wall or railing. Controlling things like landing did take some getting used to though. I see it more like driving a car. You hold (A) and Batman auto runs and you steer him where to go next. Parkour works the same way to, just like Assassin's Creed but with less agility.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2472 Posts
@nepu7supastar7 said:
@warm_gun said:

Wonder if controller users accidentally press against walls/railings when they mean to hang like I do. They have to, right? Even just jumping down from the few designated high spots feels bad because the automated system only gives you a couple of spots on which to land.

Also no, I never accidentally pressed against a wall or railing. Controlling things like landing did take some getting used to though. I see it more like driving a car. You hold (A) and Batman auto runs and you steer him where to go next. Parkour works the same way to, just like Assassin's Creed but with less agility.

You never performed a wrong action? I don't believe you. The game favors playground floor grills, catwalks, gargoyles and other designated spots over natural movement, and packs them so densely together that inevitably players will perform the wrong actions. Like I said, it's very context-sensitive.

Hold A to parkour sucks in a Batman game. At some point western developers forgot that jumping is fun. Can't even accidentally fall off in any games anymore; the character just stops at the edge. (But some of the Japanese games are affected too. The Last Guardian would have been easier to traverse if the player could run off the edges.)

I expect nothing but dislikes for this video, but I had to do it.

Loading Video...
nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 nepu7supastar7

@warm_gun: I'm just being honest. I agree that it is very context sensitive and that jumping manually is more fun but it's really not a problem thanks to the controller. It doesn't feel clunky enough to accidentally make mistakes like that.

Like I said, cuz of the way I'm used to playing Arkham: I never had any of those issues before.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 nepu7supastar7

@warm_gun: On the YouTube vid, there's a REALLY weird reaction at 0:18 where the thug flies up from a mule kick. I never saw that in the console version of the game. Something about the way Batman moves looks really off... I have the ps4 and Switch version and that's never happened before.

Looks like a bad port job. Rocksteady was never good at porting Batman to pc.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Warm_Gun

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@warm_gun: On the YouTube vid, there's a REALLY weird reaction at 0:18 where the thug flies up from a mule kick. I never saw that in the console version of the game. Something about the way Batman moves looks really off... I have the ps4 and Switch version and that's never happened before.

Looks like a bad port job. Rocksteady was never good at porting Batman to pc.

I think the PC version is also sluggish. I remember long ago seeing, presumably, console videos where the combat didn't slow down like it does on PC.

Darn, I forgot to do the move where you stun with your cap, begin to jump up on the enemy and then leap over to another. Perhaps I'll make a second video. Call it, "Arkham Batman: Combat for Idiots."

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Warm_Gun

No, I have a friend who plays it. Would be mean. Better title: "Rocksteady never made a good game, Batman deserves better."

Tried Arkham Knight again. I like the encounters even less than City's. Too many huge enemies, electrical enemies and their medics get tiresome and the environmental takedowns don't work half the time. Main problem with the combat in Arkham Knight is that it is iteration on something that didn't have much depth to begin with.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Warm_Gun

Oh god, I just remembered Joker's grotesque appearance as the final boss in Arkham Asylum. Titan Joker. If I actually replayed these games (Never did the stories again after New Game Plus.), I would have so much more to hate.

Why does he have a mohawk?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#108  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

I love Arkham Asylum the best out of all the Batman Arkham games but replaying it last year really showed how poorly it aged. Those joker teeth hindering progress and riddler trophies suck ass.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

The first 5 posts in the thread are by the TC LOL

This thread proves one thing "Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one"

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Warm_Gun

@regnaston said:

The first 5 posts in the thread are by the TC LOL

This thread proves one thing "Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one"

There's a reason for that. When I made my Hellblade thread shitting on the game a bunch of you complained that the post was too long. I wrote the initial posts in this thread on another forum first, in response to people defending the art.

I'm ready to burn my channel down over this, lol. First time I'm content about my videos being disliked.

For some reason, my subscribers only started commenting after I criticized their slutty Catwoman.