Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6985 Posts
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

I think he's referring to the massive drop in quality from games created by Sega when they were a platform holder. Sega was among the best publishers in the industry at the time only rivaled by Nintendo and Capcom. When they went third party there was a massive drop off. I would expect Sony to have a similar fall off if they abandon their platform.

This may sound weird but the drop in quality can be related to finances.🤷🏽‍♂️

I would tend to agree with you if it weren't for the simple fact that Sega was on the verge of bankruptcy during the Dreamcast era yet that didn't stop them from dropping banger after banger.

I also don't think Playstation moving away from their platform will help their finances. That 30% cut they get from third party games makes up a large portion of their revenue and if people move away from Playstation that will go away.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#102 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:

I would tend to agree with you if it weren't for the simple fact that Sega was on the verge of bankruptcy during the Dreamcast era yet that didn't stop them from dropping banger after banger.

I also don't think Playstation moving away from their platform will help their finances. That 30% cut they get from third party games makes up a large portion of their revenue and if people move away from Playstation that will go away.

I don't think you understood what you wrote in the bold. 🙃

Playstation is not moving away from their platform. That is something you just made up because your original argument is failing. I will brace with for the nonsensical spin.🙄

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Silentchief
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:

I don't think you understood what you wrote in the bold. 🙃

Playstation is not moving away from their platform. That is something you just made up because your original argument is failing. I will brace with for the nonsensical spin.🙄

I understand exactly what I wrote. 🤣.

Prioritizing multiplatform games is moving away from their platform. Even if it's not intentional.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Pedro

@silentchief said:

Prioritizing multiplatform games is moving away from their platform. Even if it's not intentional.

You don't.🙃

Nope! You are giving another example of not understanding and the start of the good ole spin.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

You don't.🙃

Nope! You are giving another example of not understanding and the start of the good ole spin.

I do, and dealing with your shitty reading comprehension isn't on my list of things to do today. Try reading it a few more times and get back to me.

I understand your tired argument as it's the same one all Lemmings have.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Pedro

@silentchief said:

I do, and dealing with your shitty reading comprehension isn't on my list of things to do today. Try reading it a few more times and get back to me.

"That is something you just made up because your original argument is failing. I will brace with for the nonsensical spin.🙄"

And like clockwork, you delivered.🤭

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Silentchief
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

"That is something you just made up because your original argument is failing. I will brace with for the nonsensical spin.🙄"

And like clockwork, you delivered.🤭

I would love for you to define what my original argument was? 🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Pedro

@silentchief said:

Seems like you forgot the comment trail and you are looking for a way out.🤭

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

No not at all.

Looking at your post history though it seems like you are incapable of forming any type of logical argument with not only me but just about every other poster you engage with.

So I want you to define my original argument because I think you missed it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Pedro

@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

No not at all.

Looking at your post history though it seems like you are incapable of forming any type of logical argument with not only me but just about every other poster you engage with.

You have a record of not being able to form any logical argument when you are wrong. Remember what I stated before

because you made this statement

"I also don't think Playstation moving away from their platform will help their finances"

Now you are prancing down nonsense lane with your rainbow umbrella. 🤭

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Gifford38  Online
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:

They don't have dev kits for 4+ years. You release a new system to release titles that weren't possible on the previous generation. Where are those games?

Guerilla games had there dev kits first. they knew it was going to be on ps5. why it looked so good. then insomniac why the had miles ready for launch and ratchet and clank.

if they release at the sametime on both ps4 and ps5 it counts.

It doesn't mean anything. Who had em first or last doesn't matter. We're in the 9th gen, and they release ps4 games. Not just that, but we're in the late stages of the ps5, as Sony themselves have stated. Late stages, but there's nothing but ps4 titles. How pathetic is that?

spiderman 2 and since when 3 year in is later stages? ps5 pro not even out yet.

slow down ps6 is not coming for another 4 years. gen are 7 years at least.

at least sony has retunal,demon souls, spiderman2,horizon call of the mountain,switchback2,gt7

third party exclusives like 2 final fantasy, steller,ronin.

not bad for only 3 years on top of the cross gen games.

gamers act like ps5 and xbox been out for 6 years.

look at ps3 and ps4 first 3 years.

SPiderman2 is just Spiderman MM. Returnal is an indie game. Demon's Souls yes, one of the very few games. Horizon call of the mountain is garbage, gt7 might as well be on a ps4. Third party is third party, no need to mention those because the system has no first party. This is not the Xbox with its low standards.

what spiderman 2 map is twice the size of spiderman 1 and miles.

returnal is a indie game? wow never seen a indie game with those graphics.

call of the mountain is badass. I played through it twice. my kids play it all the time. you never would know. you never played it. same with switchback2.

gt7 might as well be on ps4? the lighting alone would never happen on ps4.

well elden ring mind as well be on ps3 with those dated engine.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

No not at all.

You have a record of not being able to form any logical argument when you are wrong. Remember what I stated before

because you made this statement

"I also don't think Playstation moving away from their platform will help their finances"

Now you are prancing down nonsense lane with your rainbow umbrella. 🤭

Except I'm rarely wrong.

My original argument was competition was good for the industry. If you interpreted it any differently then you are wrong.

If Playstation focuses on live service multiplats it will hurt their brand and their Platform. That's not nonsense That's just a statement that I think will most likely be true.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Pedro

@silentchief said:

Except I'm rarely wrong.

My original argument was competition was good for the industry. If you interpreted it any differently then you are wrong.

If Playstation focuses on live service multiplats it will hurt their brand and their Platform. That's not nonsense That's just a statement that I think will most likely be true.

You are mostly wrong you just don't like admitting it even when the evidence is infused into your face. Take a spin.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Silentchief
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Except I'm rarely wrong.

You are mostly wrong you just don't like admitting it even when the evidence is infused into your face. Take a spin.

Yet you are consistently incapable of ever providing evidence. The only thing you provide is that gif which you don't even know how to use in the proper context.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Pedro
@silentchief said:

Yet you are consistently incapable of ever providing evidence. The only thing you provide is that gif which you don't even know how to use in the proper context.

I am not the one making the claim that Sony is moving away from their platform, you are. Take another spin.🤭

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts
@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:

It doesn't mean anything. Who had em first or last doesn't matter. We're in the 9th gen, and they release ps4 games. Not just that, but we're in the late stages of the ps5, as Sony themselves have stated. Late stages, but there's nothing but ps4 titles. How pathetic is that?

at least sony has retunal,demon souls, spiderman2,horizon call of the mountain,switchback2,gt7

SPiderman2 is just Spiderman MM. Returnal is an indie game. Demon's Souls yes, one of the very few games. Horizon call of the mountain is garbage, gt7 might as well be on a ps4. Third party is third party, no need to mention those because the system has no first party. This is not the Xbox with its low standards.

practically the same game with a bigger map, wow.

Made by a smaller studio with a much lower budget compared to AAA releases. Plenty of Indie/lower budget games have great graphics and/or art styles.

call of the mountain is badass. I played through it twice. my kids play it all the time. you never would know. you never played it. same with switchback2.

Simping for shovelware.

Could have easily been on PS4 with some graphical downgrades.

Far superior game to everything you listed.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

I am not the one making the claim that Sony is moving away from their platform, you are. Take another spin.🤭

They are releasing games on competing platforms which is a step in that direction. Again learn what " spin" means.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Pedro

@silentchief said:

They are releasing games on competing platforms which is a step in that direction. Again learn what " spin" means.

Releasing games on other platforms is not moving away from their platform. You were wrong and you are spinning top in mud all because you made an objectively false statement. Now, spin.🤭

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Gifford38  Online
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Made by a smaller studio with a much lower budget compared to AAA releases. Plenty of Indie/lower budget games have great graphics and/or art styles.

Simping for shovelware.

1. Most sequels are the same as the first one unless they change the entire game.

2. returnal was there first sony budget game hence why is was 70 bucks. sony bought them and made returnal and was there best game they made to date. scoring a 9 every were.

3. so could every single next gen only title. so could the latest forza.

4. was a example of a great game made by a out dated engine that they used on the ps3. which shows graphics are not everything. look at hfw2 ps4 compatible but still the best looking open world game I ever played. nothing even comes close. pc gamers will soon see this on there 4080 cards.

fact is just because its a cross gen game does not make it any less next gen.
if so xbox really has no next gen games other than starfield and flight sims. until later this year. even scorn can be bought on ps5.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

2. returnal was there first sony budget game hence why is was 70 bucks. sony bought them and made returnal and was there best game they made to date. scoring a 9 every were.

Stardust 2007 was made by Housemarque and published by Sony.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Fedor
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:

Simping for shovelware.

1. Most sequels are the same as the first one unless they change the entire game.

You're the one talking about map size like that makes it next gen.

Budget for Returnal was 20-30 million, the typical Sony 1st party AAA is 3-4 times that budget. Everything else you said is false and irrelevant to what was being stated. Returnal came out before Sony owned them, also not the first game they made for Sony. They've made several PS exclusives now.

3. so could every single next gen only title. so could the latest forza.

No shit, You're the one who said "gt7 might as well be on ps4? the lighting alone would never happen on ps4.". Literally arguing against yourself.

4. was a example of a great game made by a out dated engine that they used on the ps3. which shows graphics are not everything. look at hfw2 ps4 compatible but still the best looking open world game I ever played. nothing even comes close. pc gamers will soon see this on there 4080 cards.

You're the one with a hard-on for graphics in this thread. There's already better looking and more advanced games on PC than HFW. Also, HFW is mid at best.

You truly are incapable of staying on topic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Pedro

@fedor: HFW is not "mid at best."

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Fedor
@Pedro said:

Were you a fan?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Pedro

@fedor said:
@Pedro said:

Were you a fan?

Not sure what that got to do with the claim that the graphics in the game is mid at best.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Fedor

@Pedro said:
@fedor said:
@Pedro said:

Were you a fan?

Not sure what that got to do with the claim that the graphics in the game is mid at best.

I wasn't saying the graphics are mid, the game is mid.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Pedro

@fedor said:

I wasn't saying the graphics are mid, the game is mid.

You said it was mid right after your comment about the graphics. Thanks for clarifying. The game was mid and very disappointing as a sequel.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Fedor

@Pedro:

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Silentchief
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Releasing games on other platforms is not moving away from their platform. You were wrong and you are spinning top in mud all because you made an objectively false statement. Now, spin.🤭

Yes it is. If your priorities are not growing your platform base that is moving away from the platform. Again learn what spin means. Also learn what " objectively false" means. 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Pedro

@silentchief said:

Yes it is. If your priorities are not growing your platform base that is moving away from the platform. Again learn what spin means. Also learn what " objectively false" means. 🤣

"I will brace with for the nonsensical spin.🙄"

Perfection.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

I don't see PS5 coming 3rd. I mean how the eff will Xbox carch up?