Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

When I complete games, I'm a completionist about it, but my mentality is that I'm more focused on the moment and I don't particularly want the experience to end so I'm not focusing solely on the task of completing a game.

If I'm honest, because of that I don't complete a lot of games.

I go the completionist route if I am enjoying the game. Needless to say that is not particularly common.😂

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@Pedro said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

When I complete games, I'm a completionist about it, but my mentality is that I'm more focused on the moment and I don't particularly want the experience to end so I'm not focusing solely on the task of completing a game.

If I'm honest, because of that I don't complete a lot of games.

I go the completionist route if I am enjoying the game. Needless to say that is not particularly common.😂

I'm not always particularly good at doing this, but it's an OCD thing. Another one I have is playing a series in order. It means it takes me a long time to get to some games. :-P

Some games go back too far for that, like Elder Scrolls for example. I really don't think I can start with Arena. XD

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I'm not always particularly good at doing this, but it's an OCD thing. Another one I have is playing a series in order. It means it takes me a long time to get to some games. :-P

Some games go back too far for that, like Elder Scrolls for example. I really don't think I can start with Arena. XD

That is rough. I know several people who do the same thing but I just can't do the play in order route.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2471 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

@warm_gun: This sub-forums taste never ceases to amaze me.

Beat it twice on PS4, once on PS5 "remaster".

I have huge backlog to work through but will definitely buy it on Steam and beat it a 4th time.

Absolute, generational masterpiece of a game.

I don't mean this confrontationally, but I've never understood some of the phrases people associate with gaming. "work through", "Beat it".

I look at gaming differently. I just play whatever feels right and don't always think about completing it.

Are you choosing the steam version for Steam Deck or something? How come not the GoG version out of curiosity?

Well, I actually did have to "work through" God of War 2018. Started in December 2018 and finished in February 2022. Tedious, pretentious game lacking excitement.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 HalcyonScarlet

@warm_gun said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

I have huge backlog to work through but will definitely buy it on Steam and beat it a 4th time.

I don't mean this confrontationally, but I've never understood some of the phrases people associate with gaming. "work through", "Beat it".

I look at gaming differently. I just play whatever feels right and don't always think about completing it.

Are you choosing the steam version for Steam Deck or something? How come not the GoG version out of curiosity?

Well, I actually did have to "work through" God of War 2018. Started in December 2018 and finished in February 2022. Tedious, pretentious game lacking excitement.

It wasn't for me. I was expecting something like the original GoW, DMC, NG or Bayonetta and it starts with what felt like half an hour of cinematic walking. And I kind of struggled to get into it. I wasn't overly impressed with the combat tbh.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2471 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@warm_gun said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

It wasn't for me. I was expecting something like the original GoW, DMC, NG or Bayonetta and it starts with what felt like half an hour of cinematic walking. And I kind of struggled to get into it. I wasn't overly impressed with the combat tbh.

The combat was bad. Could hardly see anything, constantly had to leave dodge button to correct the camera, color-coded enemies that required specific weapons, no jumping because of the cramped third-person shooter camera.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

Nice

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: I don't have a Steam Deck... RTX 4090 all the way baby.

As for choosing Steam, I made a few comments on this earlier but I hate how PC community is divided between loads of different platforms / storefronts / achievment systems / friends lists / hour logs / launchers etc. I wish I could just have all my PC games / friends and info/stats all in one place. so I buy everything on Steam. I do have GamePass though for all the GP 'free' games.

When it comes to beating, I used to never finish my games but now I'm pretty good at clearing them. My favourites (TLOU, GOW, FromSoft games, DMC, RE games, MG games etc.) I beat multiple times.

but yeah my backlog is quite huge. I don't force myself to play anything (usually).

Funnily enough, since I made my ocmment a few days ago GoW was on sale on Steam again for €20 here so I ended up buying it on PC. Not really going to play it though since I recently bought Hogwart's Legacy (a part of my 2023 back log that I didn't get a chance to play yet) and I am still working on my PC run of Horizon Zero Dawn in preparation for the the new HFW port on PC... Which is in just 3 days lol.

And now DD2 is releasing in 4 days. And then there's Rise of the Ronin... so much to play and only 24 hours to play em.

I'll replay GoW on PC when I experience a gaming drought (maybe by summer, eh?)

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HalcyonScarlet

@Mozelleple112 said:

@HalcyonScarlet: I don't have a Steam Deck... RTX 4090 all the way baby.

As for choosing Steam, I made a few comments on this earlier but I hate how PC community is divided between loads of different platforms / storefronts / achievment systems / friends lists / hour logs / launchers etc. I wish I could just have all my PC games / friends and info/stats all in one place. so I buy everything on Steam. I do have GamePass though for all the GP 'free' games.

When it comes to beating, I used to never finish my games but now I'm pretty good at clearing them. My favourites (TLOU, GOW, FromSoft games, DMC, RE games, MG games etc.) I beat multiple times.

but yeah my backlog is quite huge. I don't force myself to play anything (usually).

Funnily enough, since I made my ocmment a few days ago GoW was on sale on Steam again for €20 here so I ended up buying it on PC. Not really going to play it though since I recently bought Hogwart's Legacy (a part of my 2023 back log that I didn't get a chance to play yet) and I am still working on my PC run of Horizon Zero Dawn in preparation for the the new HFW port on PC... Which is in just 3 days lol.

And now DD2 is releasing in 4 days. And then there's Rise of the Ronin... so much to play and only 24 hours to play em.

I'll replay GoW on PC when I experience a gaming drought (maybe by summer, eh?)

I think in the GoG Galaxy client you can link all your accounts to play in one place if that's any help.

I haven't been into achievements since the 7th gen tbh. For some reason they kind of stopped feeling special after that.

You inadvertently bring up a point I've been thinking about for a while. Why has the market not collapsed (an exaggeration) under the saturation of games. There are so many games being released all the time from AAA games to Indie games. Do the smaller studios not struggle to get their games played?

I feel like the Gamepass UI needs a massive overhaul so that games are presented in a way that people might be suggested games they may want to play and more studios could get their games played.

The 7th gen and previous consoles were easier, because there was only so many games released in a year. It feels like now, there's more decent games release a month on some platform or the other, than we used to get in a whole year on older consoles.

"System wars" aside, it's not possible for there to be a games drought like we used to get, for example on the N64. There is ALWAYS going to be something to play.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet:

Your last point is extremely fair. A lot of people are nostalgia merchants (especially on this forum) and might complain about modern gaming and how everything was better before. But truthfully, gaming has never been as good as it is now.

Sure 1997-2001 might have had a much better run of games than 2020-24 but A) Those years were top heavy and B) back in the 90s / early 00s there was a lot of trash and not to mention how even a slightly old game felt completely busted.

In 2024 you can technically enjoy every game from 1980-2024. In the PS2 era (which was phenomenal for games.) you were stuck with PS2-era games because even PS1/N64 games felt like trash.

Today you could boot up something like MGS4, a 16 year old PS3 game and it both feels and looks quite modern.

Drought = non-existent these days