GTHD looks better than PGR3

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
There I said it,I'm tired of lemming claiming PGR3 is the best looknig racer out there.Its not
Take a look at the cars.

PGR3

GTHD

PGR3 looks good but GT looks way better.

Avatar image for XboxUnderground
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 XboxUnderground
Member since 2003 • 20965 Posts
why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 game
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts
And here I was thinking that the driving experience was the thing to look for in a racing game :roll:
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
Tell me somethin I dont already know
-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
Yeah and GTHD is basicly a ps2 but with higher res.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Felous1
Member since 2006 • 4557 Posts
The car models look better. But PGR3 beats GT in the environment department.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EjhhpcxrW6U
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gsx1100
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 game

Why dont yopu post pics of teh enviroments.
_Stuff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _Stuff_
Member since 2004 • 1244 Posts
PGR3 has the jaggies HARDCORE.
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gsx1100
The car models look better. But PGR3 beats GT in the environment department.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EjhhpcxrW6U
Felous1
For me racing games are all about the cars.You can hardly stop to take in the scenery in a racing game so they not that important to me.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Felous1
For me racing games are all about the cars..gsx1100
First, you can appreciate the environment while watching replays. Second, this was not the subject.
chrisoff_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chrisoff_1
Member since 2003 • 4138 Posts

why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 gameXboxUnderground

wtf are you on about?? the PGR3 screen is in nearly the same situation, this isnt a fair comparsion or something?

Rip870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rip870
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts

And here I was thinking that the driving experience was the thing to look for in a racing game :roll:
yellonet

Well this is SW and it isn't so easy to claim ownage with gameplay in here.

gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gsx1100
yellonet
GT4 has PGR3 beat for driving experience already.
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gsx1100
[QUOTE="gsx1100"]For me racing games are all about the cars..Felous1
First, you can appreciate the environment while watching replays. Second, this was not the subject.

Fair enough but the subject is GTHD looks better than PGR3 as a whole and it does.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Felous1
Fair enough but the subject is GTHD looks better than PGR3 as a whole and it does.gsx1100
Cars =|= whole
mijkil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mijkil
Member since 2004 • 546 Posts
Its not very often that i feel moved to intefere in the debates of 12 yr old fanboys, but im sick of seeing variations of this thread.

I own both systems and both games, and do not have a fanboy bone in my body (hating the wii is a utterly natural response for any fully developed male) and i have to tell you that gt-hd is not impressive at all.

While i admit that the car (note CAR - singular) model in gt-hd is wonderfully modelled and lit, the enviroments are virtually identical to the ps2 game, (give or take alovely shader here or there).

As someone who works in cg, and has friends and family that work in the game industry, i feel i need to point out that in any project that involves cg unless its a money no expense holywood film, the artist will be working within a limited number of polygons. It is clear that the gt-hd team threw their entire polygon budget into rendering a beautifully detailed car model, leaving no room for the enviroment, or opposing racers.

I think its quite clear that this was totally retarded idea, and may give you a clue as to why the project was canned.

PGR3 on the other hand, is a decent looking racer, and while in no way mindblowing, at least qualifies as a GAME rather than a TECH DEMO.

If you want to claim "ownage" in the future, i think yould be better served using something genuinley impressive, such as motorstorm.

UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UpSwing
Member since 2004 • 3384 Posts
Well the Environments in PGR 3 are Deffinately Superior to GTHD.

And while I would agree that the car models in GTHD look more realistic than PGR 3's Cars, let's not forget than in GT HD there is only ever ONE car on the track, no crash damage, NO In Car View ( The Interior of the cars in PGR 3 are comprised of just as many polys as the Exteriors of the car ), No AI, no Crash Physics ect.

So Untill GT HD becomes a Fully and Released game called Gran Turismo 5, I'm not prepared to say GT HD looks better at all.

-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
Its not very often that i feel moved to intefere in the debates of 12 yr old fanboys, but im sick of seeing variations of this thread.

I own both systems and both games, and do not have a fanboy bone in my body (hating the wii is a utterly natural response for any fully developed male) and i have to tell you that gt-hd is not impressive at all.

While i admit that the car (note CAR - singular) model in gt-hd is wonderfully modelled and lit, the enviroments are virtually identical to the ps2 game, (give or take alovely shader here or there).

As someone who works in cg, and has friends and family that work in the game industry, i feel i need to point out that in any project that involves cg unless its a money no expense holywood film, the artist will be working within a limited number of polygons. It is clear that the gt-hd team threw their entire polygon budget into rendering a beautifully detailed car model, leaving no room for the enviroment, or opposing racers.

I think its quite clear that this was totally retarded idea, and may give you a clue as to why the project was canned.

PGR3 on the other hand, is a decent looking racer, and while in no way mindblowing, at least qualifies as a GAME rather than a TECH DEMO.

If you want to claim "ownage" in the future, i think yould be better served using something genuinley impressive, such as motorstorm.

mijkil

You = FAIL
UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 UpSwing
[QUOTE="mijkil"]Its not very often that i feel moved to intefere in the debates of 12 yr old fanboys, but im sick of seeing variations of this thread.

-Reggaeton-

You = FAIL

Mijki's post was the best in this thread, it doesn't suprise me, even in the slightest, that you have absolutely Nothing to say.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Felous1

And while I would agree that the car models in GTHD look more realistic than PGR 3's Cars, let's not forget than in GT HD there is only ever ONE car on the track, no crash damage, NO In Car View ( The Interior of the cars in PGR 3 are comprised of just as many polys as the Exteriors of the car ), No AI, no Crash Physics ect.

So Untill GT HD becomes a Fully and Released game called Gran Turismo 5, I'm not prepared to say GT HD looks better at all.

UpSwing
And there's that. GT:HD has 1 car and no damage.
Mad_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mad_Dude
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts

The Project Gotham Racing series is a peice of shiit compared to the GT series. GT3 beats it in terms of pretty much everything except graphics (for obvious reasons).

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
wow, another thread with car models..... sorry kid. we allready know the demo sucks.. car models look great. but they are not gameplay. They look good in gameplay too, just not like those model screens.. we allready know and we allready seen it a thousand times. the most important thing howeever is THIS: the game is boring and NOTHING like real driving. It's a bad sim. you'll find out when you get your drivers licence.
UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 UpSwing

The Project Gotham Racing series is a peice of shiit compared to the GT series. GT3 beats it in terms of pretty much everything except graphics (for obvious reasons).

Mad_Dude

GT 4 is better than GT 3 in EVERY WAY..... and it's NOT AAA.

And what are you thinking Comparing a PS2 game to a 360 game?!?! O_o

If PGR 3 were somhow possible on PS2 hardware it would have scored an 11.7.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 danneswegman
by the way. i have PGR3 and it looks okay for a launch game more then an year a go, but it's full of jaggies, and really boring. But so is GT HD
luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
would GT be a better comparison with Forza 2? PGR3 is an arcade style racing game and both of those screenshots are fairly poor.
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XboxUnderground

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 gamechrisoff_1

wtf are you on about?? the PGR3 screen is in nearly the same situation, this isnt a fair comparsion or something?

no cuz PGR3 has some of the best environments ever in any game in any genre while GTHD's look like sub xbox level
UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UpSwing
would GT be a better comparison with Forza 2? PGR3 is an arcade style racing game and both of those screenshots are fairly poor.luvbeers

A Fair comparison would be not to use GT HD at all and Wait for a REAL Game to compare to - GT 5
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 danneswegman
[QUOTE="chrisoff_1"]

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 gameXboxUnderground

no cuz PGR3 has some of the best environments ever in any game in any genre while GTHD's look like sub xbox level

no, the environments are nothing amazing.... good for launch
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XboxUnderground
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="chrisoff_1"]

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 gamedanneswegman

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

both are replay shots mr saibot!!!!

show ingame and pgr3 will crap all over gthd!

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 danneswegman
[QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="chrisoff_1"]

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 gameXboxUnderground

i played the game... not that amazing. good, but not that detailed as in the pictures you show. guess they are not from the actual gameplay....
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XboxUnderground
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="chrisoff_1"]

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 gamedanneswegman

i played the game... not that amazing. good, but not that detailed as in the pictures you show. guess they are not from the actual gameplay....

denial the only game with better environments than PGR3 is crysis
air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 air0123
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts
Wasn't GTHD cancelled? Why yes I believe it was. /thread.
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 XboxUnderground
[QUOTE="air0123"]Wasn't GTHD cancelled? Why yes I believe it was. /thread.

GTHD forbidden>
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 danneswegman

i don't have to deny.... i have a 360 and i love it.. pGR3 ia a jaggfest. the environments are okay, but look not as detailed as your sreens. Why defend that game? did you work on the environments personally. Don't try to convince me. like i said, i.ve played it an i played it on a HD projector on a 100 inch screen... guess you're the one in denial... show me these environments in GAMEPLAY...
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AgentVX
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

denial the only game with better environments than PGR3 is crysisdanneswegman

i don't have to deny.... i have a 360 and i love it.. pGR3 ia a jaggfest. the environments are okay, but look not as detailed as your sreens. Why defend that game? did you work on the environments personally. Don't try to convince me. like i said, i.ve played it an i played it on a HD projector on a 100 inch screen... guess you're the one in denial... show me these environments in GAMEPLAY...

There is your problem right their, 100 inch HD projector sucks for detail.  Play on a real HD TV and get back too me.

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
PGR3 isn't even in 720p, it's sub-hd.  MoterStorm is a beautiful game.
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

PGR3 isn't even in 720p, it's sub-hd.  MoterStorm is a beautiful game.ironwarrior2

We all know that. PGR3 is'nt exactly the pinicle of what the 360 can do, neither is it what the PGR team wanted to create. Just like PGR on the original Xbox was way inferior to PGR2, so will PGR3 be to PGR4.

PGR4 should be everything that Bizarre wanted 3 to be but didn't have the dev time due to needing to get it ready for launch.

I'm also really confused about GTHD, is it an actual game?

XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 XboxUnderground
PGR3 isn't even in 720p, it's sub-hd. MoterStorm is a beautiful game.ironwarrior2
that doesn't stop it from spanking almost every other game out there in graphics
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 danneswegman

[QUOTE="danneswegman"]

denial the only game with better environments than PGR3 is crysisAgentVX

There is your problem right their, 100 inch HD projector sucks for detail.  Play on a real HD TV and get back too me.

ha, ha.. it is real hd and it's way better than any hdvt you've ever seen. it's not a projection tv, it's a HD projector. but i realise you've never seen that for real. Gears of war looks amazing on it. no jaggies no pixelated textures. here you go:  (i'm the locust on the right) it's nice of you to shout stuff. but i know you have no clue what you are talking about. i guess you know that too...
chrisoff_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chrisoff_1
Member since 2003 • 4138 Posts

Wasn't GTHD cancelled? Why yes I believe it was. /thread.air0123

the fact that people have been playing it for a few months now kinda kills that argument

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

[QUOTE="yellonet"]And here I was thinking that the driving experience was the thing to look for in a racing game :roll:
gsx1100
GT4 has PGR3 beat for driving experience already.

Not really, I think the driving in GT sucks. GTHD beats PGR3 hands down in terms of graphics, but GT is too slow and boring

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

[QUOTE="air0123"]Wasn't GTHD cancelled? Why yes I believe it was. /thread.chrisoff_1

the fact that people have been playing it for a few months now kinda kills that argument

htye have been playing a downloaded demo not a final game.and i thought the gt hd had been binned in favour of gt5,i think that is what he meant.
Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mass_Effect

[QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]PGR3 isn't even in 720p, it's sub-hd. MoterStorm is a beautiful game.XboxUnderground
that doesn't stop it from spanking almost every other game out there in graphics

The graphics on PGR3 suck. The city environments look okay, but the cars look terrible. I don't know why people say the game looks brilliant

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 danneswegman

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]PGR3 isn't even in 720p, it's sub-hd. MoterStorm is a beautiful game.Mass_Effect

The graphics on PGR3 suck. The city environments look okay, but the cars look terrible. I don't know why people say the game looks brilliant

i agree. maybe they have small tv's or they are easily impressed.
Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mass_Effect
[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]PGR3 isn't even in 720p, it's sub-hd. MoterStorm is a beautiful game.danneswegman

i agree. maybe they have small tv's or they are easily impressed.

When I first got my Xbox 360, I was playing it on a crappy 14" TV. PGR3 looked great on it. But when I got my 42" HDTV I played PGR3 and it looks like crap. HD just makes the game look terrible

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#47 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

UpSwing

Ownage approved!

GT HD isn't even a real game and cows want to claim ownage? :lol:

gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gsx1100
[QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="chrisoff_1"]

no cuz PGR3 has some of the best environments ever in any game :|in any genre while GTHD's look like sub xbox level

:roll:This is the reason I made this thread.Posts like this.I've got PGR3 and while the enviroments are good there are loads of other games that have more impresssive enviroments.
jacjase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jacjase
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
GT>>>>PGR