GTHD looks better than PGR3

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"]

[QUOTE="Felous1"]The car models look better. But PGR3 beats GT in the environment department.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EjhhpcxrW6U
jack244

But whats more important?

Neither. There should be a good balance between textures, environments, cars.

I mean we might as well use PS1 environments so we can use every last bit of power on the cars so they are completley perfectly reproduced right? Wrong, because good looking models in a poor environment takes away from the graphics. What about FIght Night Round 3? Why not just have a ring with a black backround so we can get perfect photo-realistic boxers? Cause it the bigger picture of the game would look like crap.

Im trying to explain that if i had to choose which had better graphics between envirorments and car models i would choose car models thats all.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
ok so GTHD looks better than PG3- Big Deal PS3 fans- ive got PGR3 & guess what? the game is old (released in Nov 05) the game was rushed out for launch- it wasnt rendered in 720p(it was upscaled to 720p) plus i t didnt have full anti-aliasing either which is why the jaggies on the car edges are VERY noticeable in PGR3. but here's the thing- if you view the races in Photo-mode you'll notice that the visuals are near-perfect- because anti-aliasing was incorporated into that mode.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

ok so GTHD looks better than PG3- Big Deal PS3 fans- ive got PGR3 & guess what? the game is old (released in Nov 05) the game was rushed out for launch- it wasnt rendered in 720p(it was upscaled to 720p) plus i t didnt have full anti-aliasing either which is why the jaggies on the car edges are VERY noticeable in PGR3. but here's the thing- if you view the races in Photo-mode you'll notice that the visuals are near-perfect- because anti-aliasing was incorporated into that mode.CwlHeddwyn

yeah cause its a tech demo of a game that got cancelled, we cant have fun till probably winter 08

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts

ok so GTHD looks better than PG3- Big Deal PS3 fans- ive got PGR3 & guess what? the game is old (released in Nov 05) the game was rushed out for launch- it wasnt rendered in 720p(it was upscaled to 720p) plus i t didnt have full anti-aliasing either which is why the jaggies on the car edges are VERY noticeable in PGR3. but here's the thing- if you view the races in Photo-mode you'll notice that the visuals are near-perfect- because anti-aliasing was incorporated into that mode.CwlHeddwyn

Now was that so hard? I like ppl that can straight up tell their honest opinion rather than defend their system of choice.

jack244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 jack244
Member since 2003 • 282 Posts

I think we should wait until GT5 comes out to see if they can get that level of car detail on screen with alot more than 1 car. We'll see if the if the environment catches up to PGR 3.

We should also wait until PGR 4 so we can see what PGR looks like in at least true 720p with full AA. We'll see how the cars hold up to GTHD.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
[QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="danneswegman"]

denial the only game with better environments than PGR3 is crysisAgentVX

i don't have to deny.... i have a 360 and i love it.. pGR3 ia a jaggfest. the environments are okay, but look not as detailed as your sreens. Why defend that game? did you work on the environments personally. Don't try to convince me. like i said, i.ve played it an i played it on a HD projector on a 100 inch screen... guess you're the one in denial... show me these environments in GAMEPLAY...

There is your problem right their, 100 inch HD projector sucks for detail.  Play on a real HD TV and get back too me.

ha, ha.. it is real hd and it's way better than any hdvt you've ever seen. it's not a projection tv, it's a HD projector. but i realise you've never seen that for real. Gears of war looks amazing on it. no jaggies no pixelated textures. here you go:  (i'm the locust on the right) it's nice of you to shout stuff. but i know you have no clue what you are talking about. i guess you know that too...

As I said, your problem is with you HD projector, it sucks for displaying detail, brightness and contrast.  I'm sure your happy with your projector and detail, but in terms of a gaming display, HD projectors are just for the "WOW, that's huge" factor, not, "WOW, that looks sooo goood!"

So again, when you get a real HD monitor and not HD projector to start judging how good graphics are, get back to us.  And LOL, please......it's way better than any HDTV that I seen, now that's a good one.....LOL.

i'm sorry, but you are really wrong. you think a projector just makes things big in a bad way. But that's only with cheap projectors. There are many and they differ higly in quality. And , i HAVE a HDTV.... but my projector is equally good but far more immersive. Sorry, you are just someone who saw a mediocre projector one day and thought that was it. Search the serious AV forums on the net and you will realise that NOTHING beats watching movies and pl;aying games then playing on a GOOD hd projector. Sure. HDTV's are great. but imagine the same quality but bigger.. I do agree that they have slightly less black values and the room must always be dark to play. But i don't mind that. try to inform yourself a bit better.
casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts

why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 gameXboxUnderground

I hate to tell you this, but it's not possible to make any game look more realistic than GT 5 HD on any console, period!

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 gamecasey7672

I hate to tell you this, but it's not possible to make any game look more realistic than GT 5 HD on any console, period!

the saddest part of this post is that he TRULY believes this b.s.... :lol:

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
unfortunantly for sony forza2 will be out in may before gt5,  and it will own.  gtr2 will also be on the 360 in march.  the 360 pretty much has racing wrapped up this gen. 
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

atleast compare 2 games in the same genre. new forza screens at ign yesterday

OpticalCanine

OK
Forza2

GT HD

Same car,same colour same

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

GT HD's cars look better and thats all that matters because when your going 150 mph you dont have time to stare at your surroundings.Kahuna_1

GT is a very slow paced game, so you do take in your surroundings, which have poor graphics (from what I've heard and seen in videos GT:HD has poor environments). PGR3 moves much faster than GT, so you don't notice the surroundings, which means you have to look at the cars (which have poor graphics). PGR3 has poor car models but good environments, and GT:HD has good car models but poor environments

jd7-03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 jd7-03
Member since 2003 • 6140 Posts
I'm a 360 owner and could care less about GTHD, as I'll never by a PS3. I can't wait for Forza 2 though, it looks amazing, and at least we know were looking at in game graphics. With the damage effects on cars in Forza 2 it just makes the game, in my opinion, more realisitc compared to GTHD.

jack244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 jack244

[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]GT HD's cars look better and thats all that matters because when your going 150 mph you dont have time to stare at your surroundings.Mass_Effect

GT is a very slow paced game, so you do take in your surroundings, which have poor graphics (from what I've heard and seen in videos GT:HD has poor environments). PGR3 moves much faster than GT, so you don't notice the surroundings, which means you have to look at the cars (which have poor graphics). PGR3 has poor car models but good environments, and GT:HD has good car models but poor environments

So overall they are both just as good looking...but in different ways.

Like I said, the real comparison will be PGR 4 vs GT5. Not PGR 3 vs GTHD which is a rushed launch game vs a cancelled game turned 1 car on screen tech-demo.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
anyway the reason why i liked Forza was the fact that it was an arcade/sim game- if u wanted an arcade u could turn on traction control etc & other features which is what i liked. but if u were a hardcore sim fan then u could turn those features off & drive properly. with GT ur stuck if u dont like Sims.
Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 game

nice damage control, its the cars that matter in a racing game.
Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Mass_Effect

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 gameHammerofjustice

No, its the handling of the cars that matters the most; not the graphics. GT has always had great graphics, but unfortunately is too slow paced and boring

jd7-03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 jd7-03
Member since 2003 • 6140 Posts

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 gameMass_Effect

No, its the handling of the cars that matters the most; not the graphics. GT has always had great graphics, but unfortunately is too slow paced and boring

I'm a 360 owner and shall say some good things about the GT series. I remember playing GT3 and really enjoyed how you could buy parts for your car, to me this was a very cool feature that I wish was in more games (at leas the way it was done in GT3). Second, is that out of all the racing games out there only GT4 has been favorite car, the Delorean DMC-12, I wish more games had it.
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
There I said it,I'm tired of lemming claiming PGR3 is the best looknig racer out there.Its not
Take a look at the cars.

gsx1100

Take a look at everything.

GTHD: Impressive and excellent exterior car model (just one being rendered at a time)... and that's about it. Terrible environments... and nothing else is actually being rendered.
PGR3: VERY, VERY good (just shy of excellent) car models (since there are six at any time), including exterior AND interiors, impressive and excellent environments.

GTHD has way better exterior car models, but if you look at everything together (which is what you should be doing if you wish to compare graphics), PGR3 has it beat.
Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Mass_Effect

I'm a 360 owner and shall say some good things about the GT series. I remember playing GT3 and really enjoyed how you could buy parts for your car, to me this was a very cool feature that I wish was in more games (at leas the way it was done in GT3). Second, is that out of all the racing games out there only GT4 has been favorite car, the Delorean DMC-12, I wish more games had it. jd7-03

I love the customization in GT games, and the vast amount of cars you can get, but thats all really. GT beat Forza hands down in terms of (the amount of) cars, but forza had much more realistic handling and was just better overrall in the gameplay department.

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Mass_Effect

PGR3: VERY, VERY good (just shy of excellent) car models
Grive

Honestly, how can you say that? The cars looked really bad in PGR3.

jack244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 jack244

[QUOTE="Grive"] PGR3: VERY, VERY good (just shy of excellent) car models
Mass_Effect

Bad? 360 owner or not that is complete BS. PGR 3 has the second best car models in any game ever made (the best when it first came out) next to GTHD and you say they look bad?

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Mass_Effect
[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

jack244

Bad? 360 owner or not that is complete BS. PGR 3 has the second best car models in any game ever made (the best when it first came out) next to GTHD and you say they look bad?

Have you played the game? The cars look bland and are full of "jaggies". Some cars look good (like the F50), but the majority look poor.

jack244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 jack244
[QUOTE="jack244"][QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

Mass_Effect

Have you played the game? The cars look bland and are full of "jaggies". Some cars look good (like the F50), but the majority look poor.

Played the game? HAHAHA I own the game, it came bundled with my 360. The cars are beautiful with tons of polys, nice reflections and great indoor modeling. Jaggies have no effect on how a car is modelled. Go into photomode and take a pic of a car. The only thing it does is add the effects you choose and add lots of AA. The cars look exactly the same (great) but just with less jaggies.

Also if you say PGR 3 cars look bad, please feel free to post pics of another game OTHER than GTHD that has better cars.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#124 deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts
well, you know, pgr 3 was released 1 and a half year ago, as a xbox 360 launch title.

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Mass_Effect

They're not bad at all. They're pretty good. I don't think I can give you a specific argument as to why but they look rather good to me. Especially considering the game is rendering both a fully featured interior and exterior.

[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

Bland? They're pretty much the opposite. If you find a bland car, it usually is because it IS a bland car. Not every vehicle can be an Enzo. Not to mention, they're about as jagged as GT:HD - which is to say, not too much. I've played the game since March (month I actually got around to purchase it), so I guess I know what I'm talking about.

The only problem I really have is with the Ferrari 288 GTO's rear bumper... I know it's the EVO version, but dayum, the stock bumper was so much... better. But this is a car selection problem, not a modeling problem.

BTW, what's your Gamertag?
jack244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 jack244
[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

Grive

They're not bad at all. They're pretty good. I don't think I can give you a specific argument as to why but they look rather good to me. Especially considering the game is rendering both a fully featured interior and exterior.

Mass_Effect

Bland? They're pretty much the opposite. If you find a bland car, it usually is because it IS a bland car. Not every vehicle can be an Enzo. Not to mention, they're about as jagged as GT:HD - which is to say, not too much. I've played the game since March (month I actually got around to purchase it), so I guess I know what I'm talking about.

BTW, what's your Gamertag?

I also own PGR 3 and I agree. For any doubters my gamertag is Jack244, check my game list.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i haven'r played GT HD (PS3 is not out yet in europe) but i did play PGR3 a lot.. it has a lot of jaggies. On a standard tv they might be not that clear, but on any HD TV it will be clear that all the car models have noticable jaggies around them. and that's a shame i think..
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#128 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts
There I said it,I'm tired of lemming claiming PGR3 is the best looknig racer out there.Its not
Take a look at the cars.

PGR3

GTHD

PGR3 looks good but GT looks way better.

gsx1100
Comparing GTHD to a 15 month old game = TCHBO.
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
[QUOTE="gsx1100"]There I said it,I'm tired of lemming claiming PGR3 is the best looknig racer out there.Its not
Take a look at the cars.

PGR3

GTHD

Danthegamingman

No,GT HD =DEMO PGR3=full game.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#130 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="gsx1100"]There I said it,I'm tired of lemming claiming PGR3 is the best looknig racer out there.Its not
Take a look at the cars.

PGR3

GTHD

Danthegamingman

Exactly! Plus the environment in GTHD looks god awful. The only things that look nice in the game is the pasted mountains and the car models. GO walk around the virtual garage in PGR3 then play some GTHD, and you'll see PGR3 is far more superior in car models, and environments.
SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#131 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

photobucket.com

[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="gsx1100"]There I said it,I'm tired of lemming claiming PGR3 is the best looknig racer out there.Its not
Take a look at the cars.

PGR3

GTHD

BioShockOwnz

Exactly! Plus the environment in GTHD looks god awful. The only things that look nice in the game is the pasted mountains and the car models. GO walk around the virtual garage in PGR3 then play some GTHD, and you'll see PGR3 is far more superior in car models, and environments.

pasted mountains?

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

[QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]PGR3 isn't even in 720p, it's sub-hd. MoterStorm is a beautiful game.XboxUnderground
that doesn't stop it from spanking almost every other game out there in graphics

Almost meaning GT HD owned  it Hard

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
GTHD is a demo, its not even done yet and it looks better than PGR3.
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

Take a look at the cars.

PGR3

GTHD

Danthegamingman

More like a Demo >> Full game = TLHBO

AT is it TRue PGR3 =/= 720P and runs at like 30 FPS?????

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

photobucket.com

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="gsx1100"]There I said it,I'm tired of lemming claiming PGR3 is the best looknig racer out there.Its not
Take a look at the cars.

PGR3

GTHD

SupraGT

pasted mountains?

That is a real-life photograph pasted on to a very low poly mesh. It looks awful. Here are some PGR3 enviroments to feast your eyes on.

Avatar image for danielsmith2020
danielsmith2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 danielsmith2020
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]why do cows never show pics of GTHD that have the environement/track visible? oh ya cuz it makes it look liek a PS2 gamejd7-03

I'm a 360 owner and shall say some good things about the GT series. I remember playing GT3 and really enjoyed how you could buy parts for your car, to me this was a very cool feature that I wish was in more games (at leas the way it was done in GT3). Second, is that out of all the racing games out there only GT4 has been favorite car, the Delorean DMC-12, I wish more games had it.

There was no flux capacitor upgrade so whats the point....
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Why do racing game threads go on for 7+ pages?
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Take a look at the cars.

PGR3

GTHD

gsx1100

Ok...Let's say you are completely correct in your graphical assessment....then :lol: @ the fact that it is taking this long for PS3 to even match the graphics of a 360 launch title :lol:

Is PS3 that pathetic?