Holish.. what a twist! CMA blocked Microsoft!

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

I’m not spinning anything. You can hope and pray as much as you want to in front of your Phil altar you shill, but this deal is dead in the water. The sooner you accept that and take some time off, the less I’m going to focus on roasting you.

Take your L Pedro.

Simple question. Do you know the outcome of the appeal?😎

Simple answer: they aren’t winning. And if they do, I’ll take my lumps like you are taking right now

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#102 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

@randy_lahey said:

Simple answer: they aren’t winning. And if they do, I’ll take my lumps like you are taking right now

So, it is not over.😂 See, how simple that was.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

@randy_lahey said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Pedro said:

@Zero_epyon: Yep! I don't see why not.😊

Not a bad idea.

You seriously are looking to pick up ACTI after they just lost the biggest gaming deal in history?

I don’t want anyone from the SW community to lose money. wait for the dust to settle before you pick up any shares.

It's not like they were struggling financially before. They'll take the hit but it'll recover eventually. It's not a bad play. Plus, they'll get a $2-3 billion penalty payment coming from MS if the deal is blocked.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

So what is this i'm hearing, someone else has a Phil altar too??

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Pedro

@Zero_epyon: It is down to ~$79. I want it to go lower.😈

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:

I'll be tempted if it went below $70

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:
@Pedro said:

I'll be tempted if it went below $70

It might if Diablo 4 tanks for some reason. But, I can't wish that since I know someone who is really looking forward to that game.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6204 Posts

What ever happens doesn't take away what we have learn 't about the dodgy nature of Sony.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

Very surprising.

I wonder how all the analysists got this so wrong?

The cloud gaming market nascent, and may never materialize in the near future (if at all). Cows in SW, and Sony fanboys everywhere else, decry it all the time (maybe because MS is so far ahead of Sony on it?). So, it's surprising to me that the CMA thinks its such a certain way of the future that they chose to block this deal over it.

As for it being "over", while the CMA does win about 70% of the appeals filed against it, it does lose 30% of the time; and lost yesterday against Apple.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 873 Posts

@dabear: since the CMA is blocking this deal due to stupid reasons (seriously, Cloud gaming?), I believe it’s one of the 30% that they will lose.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

@dabear said:

Very surprising.

The cloud gaming market nascent, and may never materialize in the near future (if at all). Cows in SW, and Sony fanboys everywhere else, decry it all the time (maybe because MS is so far ahead of Sony on it?). So, it's surprising to me that the CMA thinks its such a certain way of the future that they chose to block this deal over it.

What analysts?

I don’t like the decision, but I think I understand the reasoning. Cloud gaming hasn’t taken off yet, but the industry has been claiming it’s the future since the OnLive days. These regulators want to ensure competitive parity for emerging technologies, while Xbox is trying to take a stranglehold just in case their service ends up being “the one.” If Xbox was just using their service with their library while making 3rd party deals, regulators would have nothing to say. But Xbox buying gigantic publishers, with an established streaming service and a lock on the PC space with Windows… If cloud gaming hit it’s stride and became the next big thing, Xbox would be in control from day 1.

But the fact that PlayStation has already dabbled in cloud gaming should negate any of these concerns. Google, Amazon, Netflix… There’s been competition and there will continue to be competition. Who do these regulators think they are protecting with this?!?! I get their reasoning, but it doesn’t make sense in the real world. Maybe Xbox didn’t do a good job of making their case? I dunno

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#112 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10554 Posts

TIL cloud gaming is streaming games remotely, and online multiplayer isn't considered cloud gaming.

i've always known cloud as just a buzzword for a networked machine hosted somewhere else, so assumed multiplayer, gaas, digital downloads etc. all fell under that cloud umbrella. apparently not.

so the deals been blocked because the fear is microsoft have the technology and infrastructure to monopolise that cloud gaming market, and consumers need the freedom to buy non microsoft devices to stream games. given stadia flopped hard can only assume this a very long term view, 5-10 years away, when the market and tech have matured to make it viable.

smells a bit fishy to me, but im not really in the detail and dont really care enough to do more research

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

@kvallyx said:

MS doesn't stand a chance in an appeal. That said, nobody gives a flying **** about cloud gaming. Native gaming or GTFO.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#114  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

Even if MS and ABK win their appeal, it would still drag out the process until next year. I'd be curious what action they'd take if they get approval in US/EU with the CMA appeal still dragging out.

Anyhow, considering both EU/UK regulators expressed concerns over cloud caused MS to sign deals with a few cloud streaming services, curious how much attention the CMA gave to those remedies. The EU regulators delayed their review another whole month just to review those cloud deals. It didn't seem to change the CMA review timeline so curious whether they weighed any of those developments.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I’ve never seen so many butthurt lems in one thread before . It has to suck to rely on one gaming company to save their precious little Xbox

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1345 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: not really it seems like they(Activision) are prepared to pull out of the Uk if they don’t approve the deal.

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 slimdogmilionar

@randy_lahey: more than likely it still will, if you were paying attention they already had a plan b for if this happens, which was just ignoring the UK in general. If you read Lulu’s tweet you can she is already hinting towards doing that. Sucks for UK gamers but, nobody cares about gamers when this much money is involved.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Randy_Lahey

@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:

So, it is not over.😂 See, how simple that was.

In real life like everyone beside you resides in, it’s over. But keep on your pedantic mentally unstable shilling Pedro. It is a sight to behold

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Randy_Lahey
@slimdogmilionar said:

@randy_lahey: more than likely it still will, if you were paying attention they already had a plan b for if this happens, which was just ignoring the UK in general. If you read Lulu’s tweet you can she is already hinting towards doing that. Sucks for UK gamers but, nobody cares about gamers when this much money is involved.

You’re delusional.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2092 Posts

@slimdogmilionar said:

Thing is if activision did take the nuclear option with the the UK market the CMA would be..."leaned on" and this objection would disappear rather quickly.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3505 Posts

I just lit all the candles on my Uncle Phil altar, the deal has no chance of failing now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Pedro

@randy_lahey said:

In real life like everyone beside you resides in, it’s over. But keep on your pedantic mentally unstable shilling Pedro. It is a sight to behold

You are trying so hard to deny the reality that it is very funny to watch. 😂

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Lavamelon

@randy_lahey: Sony needs regulator support in order to stay alive. They will be doomed in the future. What if Microsoft spends the $68 billion (that they would have spent on Activision) on building their own internal studios instead? Sony won’t be able to block that, and neither will regulators. Sony is doomed if Microsoft spends it on making their own studios, and there is nothing Sony or anybody else can do to stop it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Pedro

@lavamelon said:

@randy_lahey: Sony needs regulator support in order to stay alive. They will be doomed in the future. What if Microsoft spends the $68 billion (that they would have spent on Activision) on building their own internal studios instead? Sony won’t be able to block that, and neither will regulators. Sony is doomed if Microsoft spends it on making their own studios, and there is nothing Sony or anybody else can do to stop it.

Sony is doomed if MS spent money developing new studios with the same money. So, why do they need ABK then?🤔

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#125 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16018 Posts

@slimdogmilionar said:

@R4gn4r0k: not really it seems like they(Activision) are prepared to pull out of the Uk if they don’t approve the deal.

CoD is a 1.5 billion pound franchise in the UK and all time gross revenue only behind FIFA, bigger than Mario, Star Wars or Pokemon games there. Unlikely they pulling out of UK.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 above_average

This thread in a snap shot

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@slimdogmilionar said:

CoD is a 1.5 billion pound franchise in the UK and all time gross revenue only behind FIFA, bigger than Mario, Star Wars or Pokemon games there. Unlikely they pulling out of UK.

they would not have to pull out of the UK for the games at all.. they would just have to allow ABK to act as a separate entity in the UK or seek a 3rd party publisher in the UK

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

@above_average said:

This thread in a snap shot

It’s like every other post has that blinking yellow emoji in it. Poor guy…

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Lavamelon

@Pedro: Buying ABK is merely a shortcut, since it’s normally faster to buy an existing company than create one from scratch. If Microsoft spends $68 billion to build studios with similar size to ABK, then Sony cannot block that from happening. And neither can regulators. Sony will be screwed if that happens.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By above_average
@daredevils2k said:

I’ve never seen so many butthurt lems in one thread before . It has to suck to rely on one gaming company to save their precious little Xbox

The crazy thing is, it's not like MS doesn't ALREADY have more 1st party studios than either Sony or Nintendo.

Didn't MS JUST buy (an entire publisher zenimax) Bethesda?

Why are you xbox fools so desperate for MS to buy out the entire game industry before they can feel satisfied about their preferred platform?

MS has never made any franchise they've acquired better than they were before hand. You weren't going to get any NEW games had this deal gone thru, the series would have been put on a revolving wheel just like MS had done with Halo/Gears/Forza for fear of losing money trying new ideas.

So what are you pathetic fanboys crying about here other than MS not being able to take away a long standing franchise from Sony gamers?

NOTHING HAS CHANGED! You still get COD and MS still has more studios than Sony/Nin.

STFU and ask MS to utilize the studios they already have!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Pedro
@lavamelon said:

@Pedro: Buying ABK is merely a shortcut, since it’s normally faster to buy an existing company than create one from scratch. If Microsoft spends $68 billion to build studios with similar size to ABK, then Sony cannot block that from happening. And neither can regulators. Sony will be screwed if that happens.

Yes! It is faster than starting from scratch but your wording in your last comment read contradictory. If MS goal was to destroy Sony and making their own studios from scratch would achieve without regulations, then ABK purchase wouldn't make sense or be required. But, that is not the case.

I see that Sony fannies alts are fishing for a meltdown and are frustrated that it is not happening.😂

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Lol, it's pretty easy to see who was really hoping this deal would happen. It's like 'yay, big corporations, they give my life meaning'.

Damn weirdos.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#134 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@dabear said:

Very surprising.

What analysts?

I don’t like the decision, but I think I understand the reasoning. Cloud gaming hasn’t taken off yet, but the industry has been claiming it’s the future since the OnLive days. These regulators want to ensure competitive parity for emerging technologies, while Xbox is trying to take a stranglehold just in case their service ends up being “the one.” If Xbox was just using their service with their library while making 3rd party deals, regulators would have nothing to say. But Xbox buying gigantic publishers, with an established streaming service and a lock on the PC space with Windows… If cloud gaming hit it’s stride and became the next big thing, Xbox would be in control from day 1.

But the fact that PlayStation has already dabbled in cloud gaming should negate any of these concerns. Google, Amazon, Netflix… There’s been competition and there will continue to be competition. Who do these regulators think they are protecting with this?!?! I get their reasoning, but it doesn’t make sense in the real world. Maybe Xbox didn’t do a good job of making their case? I dunno

On the 'net, it was predicted that the CMA would approve it.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Randy_Lahey

@Pedro said:
@lavamelon said:

Yes! It is faster than starting from scratch but your wording in your last comment read contradictory. If MS goal was to destroy Sony and making their own studios from scratch would achieve without regulations, then ABK purchase wouldn't make sense or be required. But, that is not the case.

I see that Sony fannies alts are fishing for a meltdown and are frustrated that it is not happening.😂

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

@lavamelon: More likely they'll just piecemeal smaller devs instead of buying up another big pub or starting a bunch of studios that won't produce content for 3 - 5 years.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Pedro

I was right🤭

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Randy_Lahey

Holy shit watching this Pedro spin is the ultimate satisfaction. Bu bu but teh appeals process!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Zero_epyon

@ghostofgolden said:
@dabear said:

Very surprising.

What analysts?

Do Amazon and Netflix operate in the UK?

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Randy_Lahey

bu bu CMA doesn't understand the definition of what a monopoly is!

LMAO

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By above_average

@randy_lahey: It's about time.

Every topic over the last few months from the xboys ended up being, "When MS takes COD away from Sony they won't be able to fund any more AAA games for you to play haha".

Now these guys will have to find new material to stitch together their flimsy arguments instead of using this one trick pony to salvage their failing debates.

Xboys better hope June 11th reveals more than just Forza release date for this year

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

Going to be interesting to see what smaller acquisitions Microsoft goes after when this deal is truly done and the appeal process has been exhausted.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Randy_Lahey

@Archangel3371 said:

Going to be interesting to see what smaller acquisitions Microsoft goes after when this deal is truly done and the appeal process has been exhausted.

more acquisition begging from the usuals around here. How bout this, and just hear me out I know it sounds insane, but perhaps they could use that money to invest internally and create some new IP or at the very least learn how to put quality titles out at a decent pace? I know that's crazy!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

@randy_lahey: Interesting how you read that I’m doing any begging in my comment there. 🤔

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Randy_Lahey

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@regnaston said:
@sakaixx said:
@slimdogmilionar said:

they would not have to pull out of the UK for the games at all.. they would just have to allow ABK to act as a separate entity in the UK or seek a 3rd party publisher in the UK

easy, I've seen Ubisoft publish Microsoft games in the past.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Pedro

Look at my biggest fan go.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Randy_Lahey
@Pedro said:

Look at my biggest fan go.

Lol only person spinning per usual is yourself 🤡. The fact that you don’t have the self awareness to dip out of this thread for a bit is astonishing!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Pedro

And continues to spin.😂

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By slimdogmilionar

@regnaston: I know but those aren’t my words, that’s just what’s been going around ever since MS stated publicly they are not interested in a divesture. Read the end of Lulu’s tweet. If that happens though it wouldn’t sit well with me personally. I always saw the Activision deal as Ms admitting defeat and it’s their own fault. After the PS3 era with Uncharted and the Last of Us Ms should have known that they needed new engaging ip’s to keep up, nope, what ‘d they do just keep flooding us with Halo, Forza, and Gears and anything they tried outside of those three you could tell they didn’t put the effort into actually trying to make these projects actually good. Now you just want to buy Activision because you chose to not innovate. Weak bro, I honestly wouldn’t be mad if Ms left the gaming industry at this point as long as they don’t sell to the Chinese govern- I mean Tencent.