mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts

Curious how they came to that amount as a penalty (the 2 million USD). Did the Yuzu folks really make that much money?

In either case, nothing has really changed: emulation is out there, and it's entirely legitimate and legal 😉😁

@davillain said:

Nintendo didn't really win, both parties settle on agreement and both went home feeling better they can sleep better at night. Yuzu's biggest mistake was opening up a Patreon in the first place and had they kept themselves low-key, they would be still around.

Sure Yuzu could've stay on the road to court systems and probably would have won but that cost massively money and lawyers to do so. Settle on agreement was the best outcome for them.

Yup.

You don't **** with the money.

Probably would have been fine otherwise. Maybe some saber rattling from Nintendo but no lawsuit.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8500 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@pc_rocks: Not a single one of them have promoted unauthorized use of Nintendos content. They’ve done the opposite as they help Nintendo shutdown all these clowns.

How did Yuzu promoted piracy?

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 851 Posts

@pc_rocks: Emulation is not illegal, but piracy is. What other purpose does Yuzu have apart from piracy? Nobody uses emulation just for the sake of emulation. They use emulation for the sake of piracy.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PC_Rocks

@lavamelon said:

@pc_rocks: Emulation is not illegal, but piracy is. What other purpose does Yuzu have apart from piracy? Nobody uses emulation just for the sake of emulation. They use emulation for the sake of piracy.

Proof? So going by your logic we should altogether ban teaching of computer science as people who learn it can use to pirate games.

So, how does it feel to suck a billion dollar corporations d**k against your own freedoms and rights?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7223 Posts

@pc_rocks: Computer Science has many amazing purposes. Yuzu has one and one only and that's to pirate art from creators.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46489 Posts

Video games

Why waste good technology on AI or NFTs?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

You've got to be a bit naive to try and emulate Nintendo software at any level.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Lavamelon

@pc_rocks: “I wanna download an emulator for game preservation, not for piracy”. Said nobody ever.

The burden of proof is on the believer. If you believe that people use emulation apart from piracy, then the burden of proof is upon you to demonstrate it.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1847 Posts

Guess what? Since Yuzu was shut down, next day, two new emulators have popped up – Nuzu and Suyu. They’re built on the latest Yuzu version 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 It reminds me Moe throwing out Barney meme. I hope Nintendo didn't think it would be that easy.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Mesome713

@ivangrozny: Damage is already done. Nintendo just put a dagger in emulation. Now they'll are run to the shadows like the cowards they are. Living in fear everyday that at any moment Nintendo will come and take every penny they'll ever make.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 R4gn4r0k

@mesome713 said:

@ivangrozny: Damage is already done. Nintendo just put a dagger in emulation. Now they'll are run to the shadows like the cowards they are. Living in fear everyday that at any moment Nintendo will come and take every penny they'll ever make.

Loading Video...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts
@lavamelon said:

@pc_rocks: “I wanna download an emulator for game preservation, not for piracy”. Said nobody ever.

The burden of proof is on the believer. If you believe that people use emulation apart from piracy, then the burden of proof is upon you to demonstrate it.

People play emulated games of games they own all the time. To say that no one does is just silly and wrong. To ask for proof of it is even sillier.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Mesome713

@R4gn4r0k: That’s the infinity money glitch for Nintendo. So many of these clowns to choose from. Let’s pick Ryujinx next, let’s see how much money they got we can take.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 R4gn4r0k

@mesome713 said:

@R4gn4r0k: That’s the infinity money glitch for Nintendo. So many of these clowns to choose from. Let’s pick Ryujinx next, let’s see how much money they got we can take.

Damn I miss the old days of happy faces, now it's just sad lonely lawyers trying to squeeze money from a rock.

Crimson_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Crimson_V
Member since 2014 • 166 Posts

@mesome713:

Winning and settling out of court is not quite the same.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 R4gn4r0k

Yeah I'm pretty sure Bobby 'the rock' Kottick settles with all his sexual victims out of court.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Mesome713

@crimson_v: Saves Nintendo millions of dollars in court fees. Would have been a long drawn out process and cost and taken too long. Instead Nintendo made millions in just couple days and now they have years of saved time to take out the next pirate clown.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PC_Rocks
@lavamelon said:

Sorry bud, that's not how arguments work. You claimed it so you have to back it up. You claimed that Nintendo's right was violated by simultaneously accepting that emulation isn't illegal. So now go and back it up that there's a 0 possibility of doing it for anything other than nefarious purposes.

Anyway, when are you campaigning to ban the teaching of computer science?

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Lavamelon

@pc_rocks: Piracy is a major issue worldwide, the truckloads of websites that talk about it support my claim. Mesome already gave a good answer about the whole computer science thing.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44631 Posts

I see really weird reactions to this online like this was an anti-consumer of Nintendo. 🤦‍♂️

With this sense of entitlment these days it's no wonder we see stuff like the Kia Boys.

Anyhow, seems lot of people out there operating on legal fringes their biggest downfall is taking credit for their creations, rather than anonymously spreading their tools to every corner of the internet before its too big to keep out of the public space. Sure, they know that, but, they can't help but want the clout. We'd still have a Pokémon Palworld mod if whoever that was wasn't taking credit for it.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PC_Rocks
@lavamelon said:

@pc_rocks: Piracy is a major issue worldwide, the truckloads of websites that talk about it support my claim. Mesome already gave a good answer about the whole computer science thing.

You cannot go and hang someone for murder by simply saying that 100s of people are murdered every year. So let me bring you bak to the topic. We are discussing Yuzu, emulation and Nintendo's suit against it specifically. Which Nintendo Ip or rights did they violate as you claimed in your original post?

All these websites you are talking about are built because they knew computer science so when are you going to campaign to stop teaching it? Oh and still waiting for the proof of that I asked earlier.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16580 Posts

@mesome713: nintendo sure is pathetic and i've been saying this for a long time. The last good hardware they made was the gamecube, and ever since then they have been making shitty hardware. The switch is the first console in gaming history where the gaming experience is far better through emulation, let that sink in for a minute. It used to be that only young kids, or people from 3rd world countries emulated / pirated games. But now its so sad, you have rich people in the west pirating nintendo games on the steam deck. The funny thing is, they will continue the trend by using shitty hardware with switch 2. I said it from the start, they should just switch to AMD and use something decent.

I guess yuzu2 will be releasing soon.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4252 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: I thought the Nintendo Gamecube was light on games. Always have. It’s my least favorite console bar say something like virtual boy.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16580 Posts

@outworld222 said:

@blaznwiipspman1: I thought the Nintendo Gamecube was light on games. Always have. It’s my least favorite console bar say something like virtual boy.

Gamecube was definitely not nintendos best console but it had a lot of gems. Games like resident evil 4 and metroid prime were among the best games of that generation, along with halo CE and gta. So yeah it was light on game, but at least the hardware wasn't trash. The gamecube was in between the ps2 and xbox.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4252 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: I certainly can see that being a good/correct argument.

Metroid Prime started the Metroid ‘3D’ trend.

Also RE4 was superb, for many reasons.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Lavamelon

@pc_rocks: If Nintendo wasn’t violated, then how did they win this lawsuit and receive millions of dollars in compensation for damages? The judge of this case knows more about this incident than you and I do, so I will let the judge do the talking here. Unless you know better than the judge, I suggest you sit and stop making yourself look silly.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61520 Posts

@lavamelon: This was a settlement out of court, if i'm understanding correctly. Both parties filed with the judge and Tropic Haze agreed to Nintendo's terms.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PC_Rocks

@lavamelon said:

@pc_rocks: If Nintendo wasn’t violated, then how did they win this lawsuit and receive millions of dollars in compensation for damages? The judge of this case knows more about this incident than you and I do, so I will let the judge do the talking here. Unless you know better than the judge, I suggest you sit and stop making yourself look silly.

They didn't win this suit. It didn't go to court at all. It was settled out of court precisely because of the reason I mentioned: bullying since the small guys couldn't afford to fight drawn out legal cases. Also why Nintendo didn't went after MS, Google or Amazon at all.

So apart from your ridiculous stance and bogus arguments so far, you didn't even know what happened. So the question becomes even more important to ask: How does it feel to suck a billion dollar corporations d**k against your own freedoms and rights?

Crimson_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Crimson_V

@mesome713 said:

@crimson_v: Saves Nintendo millions of dollars in court fees. Would have been a long drawn out process and cost and taken too long. Instead Nintendo made millions in just couple days and now they have years of saved time to take out the next pirate clown.

Bold of you to assume nintendo would have won, regardless they won't get much from this, the yuzu people will just file for chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Crimson_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Crimson_V

@lavamelon:

They didn't it was settled outside of court, the only one here making himself look silly is you and mesome.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1847 Posts

@mesome713: Not really. 2.4M is nothing. Yuzu made more than that. Yuzu was there for years. They made at least 10M with user donations. Emulation is quite profitable. They will just move hostings and change names, like piratebay, but will never disappear. They can always move their servers to the third world countries where copyright laws do not exist. Or go dark web and start operating with crypto currencies that cannot be tracked in the worst case scenario. But emulation will not go anywhere.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Mesome713

@ivangrozny:Heck yeah, to the shaows where them Clowns belong.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Mesome713
@crimson_v said:
@mesome713 said:

Bold of you to assume nintendo would have won, regardless they won't get much from this, the yuzu people will just file for chapter 7 bankruptcy.

You do know filling for bankruptcy isnt so easy. When Nintendo sued Bowser he couldn't file for bankruptcy and escape his 14 million fee. He owes Nintendo 30% of his yearly income FOR LIFE.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Lavamelon

@pc_rocks: My freedom and rights? I don’t have freedom or rights to pirate games. Just like how I don’t have freedoms to rob banks or steal cars.

Just because I refuse to steal other peoples hard work doesn’t mean I suck on a corporations d**k.

And I’m still not convinced that people used this Yuzu software for things other than piracy.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 PC_Rocks

@lavamelon said:

@pc_rocks: My freedom and rights? I don’t have freedom or rights to pirate games. Just like how I don’t have freedoms to rob banks or steal cars.

Just because I refuse to steal other peoples hard work doesn’t mean I suck on a corporations d**k.

And I’m still not convinced that people used this Yuzu software for things other than piracy.

Cool story bro. Now let's get back to the topic. What rights or IP of Nintendo was violated? Your convictions are irrelevant so still waiting for the proof of what you claimed consistently in the thread.

ANother question that haven't answered yet: How does it feel to suck a billion dollar corporations d**k against your own freedoms and rights?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#86 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9582 Posts

Good