hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39018 Posts

And the reason for that is simple. The game has been in development for i don't even know how long, they gave us the final release date implying that the game will be released in September no matter what, and you're telling me that almost 4 months into 2024, they still can't even release a short 30sec uncut gameplay vid? Like what the **** is that? Am i the only one thinking that they're trying to hide a trainwreck? This is not normal. It reminds me of CDPR hiding the shit outta CP2077 on consoles, but in Stalker 2 case, they're hiding all platforms because its a shitshow to say the least.

If they don't go in depth (as in showing a bunch of different gameplay videos of different lenghts) during the Summer Game Fest, it is guaranteed to be a mess. The war in Ukraine excuse ain't gonna cut it, they're not in Ukraine for some time now.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11110 Posts

I dunno. This game had a pretty cursed development timeline. It's a miracle that it's even coming out at all. So it wouldn't be the end of the world if it wasn't that great. If we see anything from it, it'll probably be at the MS showcase first, maybe?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hardwenzen

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I dunno. This game had a pretty cursed development timeline. It's a miracle that it's even coming out at all. So it wouldn't be the end of the world if it wasn't that great. If we see anything from it, it'll probably be at the MS showcase first, maybe?

It would make sense for it to be shown on the Xbox showcase, but what i am paying attention is what they'll be showing. If its yet another cgi or some 1sec cuts of gameplay, this game is fked. Not having shown any uncut gameplay a few months from launch makes no sense. They're also the same dev that wanted to introduce NFT's into the game........

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59036 Posts

It's being build with consoles in mind. Bioshock, Fear 2 and Crysis 2 instantly come to mind.

Goo Goo Ga Ga time.

Happily be wrong.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46391 Posts
  • None of the original devs are working on this (Check 4A and Vostok)
  • The original writer wasn't hired
  • Making a succesful game is hell, and that's under normal conditions
  • I expect this game to launch broken and incomplete with the main reason being Putin's evil war
@uninspiredcup said:

It's being build with consoles in mind. Bioshock, Fear 2 and Crysis 2 instantly come to mind.

Goo Goo Ga Ga time.

Happily be wrong.

Honestly this is the least of my worries.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uninspiredcup  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:
  • I expect this game to launch broken and incomplete with the main reason being Putin's evil war
@uninspiredcup said:

Goo Goo Ga Ga time.

Happily be wrong.

Why? It destroyed these games.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6139 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Ah so if it turns out crap it's because it was made with consoles in mind, but if it's great what then?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24942 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Goo Goo Ga Ga time.

Happily be wrong.

Metro is better than all those games combine LOL!!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34645 Posts

Yup. Quite a few red flags with this game.

A PC game that they changed to a console game. Like Crysis 2, FEAR 2, and yeah. Just what cup said. Will have many cinematics, most likely. They have shown barely anything, which is most likely because nothing is good enough to show.

Highly doubt it will be what fans want.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5928 Posts

They might not be in Ukraine, but they could have gamily and friends that are their or scsttered across the world.

If there was one game I'd give a lot of slack it would be this one..

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Litchie

@last_lap said:

@uninspiredcup: Ah so if it turns out crap it's because it was made with consoles in mind, but if it's great what then?

If its great despite being a PC series that they change to work for consoles and their gamers? That'd be great. But when has that happened? Crysis and FEAR went from awesome PC games to really bad console games. Thinking the same will happen to STALKER makes sense.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10461 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

on the surface that sounds worrying but is it not a common thing in the gaming industry?

reminds me of when people were asking for a fallout new vegas 2 from obsidian but then someone pointed out the original team had all departed.

not sure how much of a worry it should really be. like, how many of the original half life team worked on alyx, or how many of the dark souls team worked on elden ring, or dishonored team worked on dishonored 2 etc. etc.

is it not more of a who's in charge now, their feelings on earlier instalments and what are their motivations with the new game concern?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@last_lap said:

If its great despite being a PC series that they change to work for consoles and their gamers? That'd be great. But when has that happened? Crysis and FEAR went from awesome PC games to really bad console games. Thinking the same will happen to STALKER makes sense.

it happened 20 years ago. it didnot happened with any of Arkane game they remain immersive sims.

Prey is far more old schooly than Crysis ever was.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Goo Goo Ga Ga time.

Happily be wrong.

Metro is better than all those games combine LOL!!

Launched day and date on consoles.

I would argue Max Payne 3 is the best game when it comes to gameplay. Launched two weeks on consoles before it launched on PC.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Last_Lap

@Litchie: What do work for consoles and it's gamers mean?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k  Online

@Macutchi said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

on the surface that sounds worrying but is it not a common thing in the gaming industry?

It is a comon thing, Dragon Age Dreadwolf isn't being worked on by the original Dragon Age team, nor is the next Mass Effect being worked on by the original Mass Effect team.

But with no independent previews on Stalker 2 isn't it idle hope to just expect this game to resemble the older games? What are we basing this on? That the studio name and game name are the same?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13007 Posts

FYI Putin hampered this game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Macutchi

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Macutchi said:

It is a comon thing, Dragon Age Dreadwolf isn't being worked on by the original Dragon Age team, nor is the next Mass Effect being worked on by the original Mass Effect team.

But with no independent previews on Stalker 2 isn't it idle hope to just expect this game to resemble the older games? What are we basing this on? That the studio name and game name are the same?

the lack of gameplay footage, independent or not, is 100% a concern given that it's less than five months from release. but to me it's more of a concern that the game won't launch when advertised, rather than it won't resemble the older games.

it'll 100% resemble the older games. crysis 2 resembled crysis 1. to me the question is more will the design philosophy of the original games be compromised. maybe detrimentally to cater to a broader market, maybe (much more of a long shot) to improve on it. let's not forget, vanilla stalker needs a lot of mods.

without seeing gameplay footage we don't know anything, all we have is questions

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Macutchi
@Litchie said:

i was thinking about this when i read cup's post. other than those two games, are there any others that started life as pc only but changed for the worst when their sequels went to both pc and console? i couldn't really think of any.

diablo maybe (don't play the games so can't comment), fallout (arguable), far cry maybe. the first fc was decent. the second was more ambitious (so doesn't really fit the sentiment) just poorly executed (nice way of saying it was shit). plus i didn't personally think crysis 2 was that bad

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69603 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Goo Goo Ga Ga time.

Happily be wrong.

Crysis 2 > Crysis.🙃

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k  Online

@Macutchi: every time I replay Crysis 1 I realise again that replacing an entire power (speed, strength) in crysis 2 with a button was a stupid mistake.

In C1 you can speed reload, you can even speed crawl. In Crysis 2 you can run a wee bit faster.

In C1 you can strength jump to places that wouldn't be accesible, you can destroy entire houses by throwing an enemy into them. In C2 you can kick a car really hard.

It's a crying shame really. They had all these cool powers in Crysis 1 and condensed them and reworked them to be less cool.

Alternatively I think Diablo is an example where the change in team changed the game dramatically.

The original team for D2 went on to make Torchligh 1&2 and those are just leaps and steps better than D3 or Diablo 4.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 uninspiredcup  Online

@Macutchi said:
@Litchie said:

i was thinking about this when i read cup's post. other than those two games, are there any others that started life as pc only but changed for the worst when their sequels went to both pc and console? i couldn't really think of any.

etc...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: yeah rainbow 6 is a fair shout.

dragon age was a multiplat from what i remember.

i liked f3 and nv and didn't play previous games, plus bethesda bought the franchise from interplay and radically changed them into elder scrolls style games which were already multiplat.

thief remake was shit but can we blame that on consoles? not sure. same with duke nukem, it was in development for about 14 years.

the rest i was never a big fan of so don't really have an opinion on, ubisoft have turned most things they touched to shit

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@Macutchi said:

i liked f3 and nv and didn't play previous games, plus bethesda bought the franchise from interplay and radically changed them into elder scrolls style games which were already multiplat.

thief remake was shit but can we blame that on consoles? not sure. same with duke nukem, it was in development for about 14 years.

the rest i was never a big fan of so don't really have an opinion on, ubisoft have turned most things they touched to shit

Multplatform but now XbabyGoogaga lead design platform.

Thus, Rainbow 6: Gears Of War, wow America so kewl!

Xbox has been a cancer to PC game design. Also pc pirates helped I guess. And company greed, make slop for the masses.

imo.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Macutchi
@R4gn4r0k said:

@Macutchi: every time I replay Crysis 1 I realise again that replacing an entire power (speed, strength) in crysis 2 with a button was a stupid mistake.

In C1 you can speed reload, you can even speed crawl. In Crysis 2 you can run a wee bit faster.

In C1 you can strength jump to places that wouldn't be accesible, you can destroy entire houses by throwing an enemy into them. In C2 you can kick a car really hard.

It's a crying shame really. They had all these cool powers in Crysis 1 and condensed them and reworked them to be less cool.

Alternatively I think Diablo is an example where the change in team changed the game dramatically.

The original team for D2 went on to make Torchligh 1&2 and those are just leaps and steps better than D3 or Diablo 4.

yeah crysis 1 is one of my all time favourites. crysis 2 was a hard pill to swallow at the time, definitely in part because of the compromises to the game play and environment style. it wrapped constraints around the environment and simplified and consolidated an effective power system, rather than evolving it. but it was equally the complete detachment of the story from the cliffhanger ending of c1 that was frustrating.

however, once i'd made my peace with those things, i did quite enjoy the game, and there were definitely elements of the spirit of the first and warhead in there

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:
@Macutchi said:
@Litchie said:

etc...

They are all 20-25 year old games.

All those games are more Dynamic than Crysis 1 ever was.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@ghosts4ever said:

Nothing you listed here is close to depth of the games I just listed.

The last one is Call Of Duty in a tunnel with Ivan Drago.

The only console shooter worth praising as on a par is Doom 64.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k  Online

@Macutchi: you and I are of the same mind. I too ended up liking C2 but I return to Crysis 1 way more often. And Warhead is just nice and compact.

Crysis 2 then ends where you meet this German professor. And then Crysis 3 once again opens, forgets the previous game's ending and for a large part the plot. Haha

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: the new ghost still spouting the same old shit about the same old games the old ghost did. even when they're nothing to do with the thread topic

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9564 Posts

I mean, the first one was too.. however, there is a certain charm to jank if it's still fun to play. Elder Scrolls games are a good example.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Nothing you listed here is close to depth of the games I just listed.

The last one is Call Of Duty in a tunnel with Ivan Drago.

The only console shooter worth praising as on a par is Doom 64.

nope. Prey is system shock 3. more bioshock than bioshock

Doom 2016 and Eternal are 2 of best shooters of last/current decade. perfect example of how to make modern and old school shooter. (lol giving example of Duke forever when it was about to be doomed when it was announced)

last one you never played and I mention its departurre from early games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 uninspiredcup  Online

@ghosts4ever said:

Doom 2016 and Eternal are 2 of best shooters of last/current decade.

These are mid compared to proper old school shooters, including Duke3D. Which regardless of what some far-leftest history revisionist who can't play games will try claim, absolute masterpiece. Endlessly replayable. Eric Roberts best of the best.

New Doom is improved Shadow Warrior reboot Painkiller style game, give it that. Not old school. Good action, braindead compared to proper old school games.

Game journos can complete.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Doom 2016 and Eternal are 2 of best shooters of last/current decade.

These are mid compared to proper old school shooters, including Duke3D. Which regardless of what some far-leftest history revisionist who can't play games will try claim, absolute masterpiece. Endlessly replayable. Eric Roberts best of the best.

New Doom is improved Shadow Warrior reboot Painkiller style game, give it that. Not old school. Good action, braindead compared to proper old school games.

Game journos can complete.

atleast its "painkiller" style rather than COD style. got a give em to credit.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

It won't be a train wreck, but it will be a mediocre 72/100 metacritic title just like the other Stalker games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Fallout 3 has 93 le metacritic which indicates critic know what they are talking about and it's a much better game.

(Vegas not even 90 sucks)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@uninspiredcup said:

Fallout 3 has 93 le metacritic which indicates critic know what they are talking about and it's a much better game.

Vegas was way more broken, and being much more broken than a Bethesda game is saying a lot.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KvallyX

@uninspiredcup said:
@Macutchi said:

Xbox has been a cancer to PC game design.

I know you are kidding, but I wanted to be sure others didn't think you were serious.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 uninspiredcup  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Vegas was way more broken, and being much more broken than a Bethesda game is saying a lot.

This statement implies Fallout 3 is broken. Which it is.

And has 93 le metacritics, aside from being shit.

@kvallyx said:

I know you are kidding, but I wanted to be sure others didn't think you were serious.

What was stated was a fact. You can take it seriously or not.

The quality of FPS dipped due to the rise of Xbox popularity. And when there is even a glimmer or an illusion of PC quality, youngers like Ghost get excited.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

The quality of FPS dipped due to the rise of Xbox popularity. And when there is even a glimmer or an illusion of PC quality, youngers like Ghost get excited.

This Xbox game put many PC games that time to shame. it was masterpiece.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Litchie
@last_lap said:

@Litchie: What do work for consoles and it's gamers mean?

More simple, slower, smaller.

PC gamers are often older, more experienced, needs less handholding than console gamers, and have better hardware. In Crysis 1, you had big open levels. You had these suit abilities you could switch between. Then they make Crysis 2 with consoles in mind. They remove the ability to switch suit abilities (among other things, like prone). They made much smaller levels. Crysis 2 is a simplified, dumbed down version of Crysis to fit consoles and their gamers better, in other words.

FEAR 2? Same shit. Dumbed down, smaller.

STALKER 2? Most likely same shit.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KvallyX

@uninspiredcup said:

@kvallyx said:

What was stated was a fact. You can take it seriously or not.

Nobody in their right mind would.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 uninspiredcup  Online

@kvallyx said:

Nobody in their right mind would.

Cool. Then you're not repeatedly reacting to it.

Good job.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

This is a goo goo ga ga compared to something like Thief.

Even Thief wasn't safe. OG PC game too intelligent for modern gamers. Rebooted into edgy "can't wake up" Evanescence fanboy because the original thief wasn't stupid enough to appeal to Xbox bros.

Reminds me of Rainbow 6 where it turned into shitty Gears Of War stick to wall game for toddlers.

Dues Ex also dumbed down with stupid character. Edgy Christian Bale Batman voice man and looks like someone shat gold all over the place. It's ok, not as bad as these but stupid compared to Dues Ex.

Play Underrail, game journos didn't like it. Really good. Maybe port it to console one day and the Bethesda children can see what a proper RPG is.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Last_Lap

@Litchie: Ah so it's just your personal opinion, and nothing factual, got it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Litchie
@last_lap said:

lol. Levels being smaller and systems being simplified is just opinion?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Litchie

Yup. I liked the first one of the new Deus Ex games, but the main character was very cringe. You'd have to be 8 years old or Ghosts to find him cool.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap

@Litchie said:
@last_lap said:

You gotta ask yourself why these games were coming to console if they were born on PC? maybe they sold like 💩 so the devs went chasing the money.

Why do think that everyone who plays games on consoles are dumber than their PC counterparts? where that notion came from could only have been from a jealous hermit.

Surely none of these games were made because of consoles constraints, nah there were "dumbed" down to suit the console audience, sounds dumb af in itself, but hey whatever makes you sleep at night.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Litchie
@last_lap said:
@Litchie said:
@last_lap said:

You gotta ask yourself why these games were coming to console if they were born on PC? maybe they sold like 💩 so the devs went chasing the money.

Or maybe they sold well enough to warrant sequels, but there's more money to be had if you release the game on more platforms than one. Rocket science, I know. Either way though, not sure why that's important to note for this discussion.

@last_lap said:

Why do think that everyone who plays games on consoles are dumber than their PC counterparts? where that notion came from could only have been from a jealous hermit.

I don't. Which is why I didn't say that. But console gamers are often younger, or more casual.

@last_lap said:

Surely none of these games were made because of consoles constraints, nah there were "dumbed" down to suit the console audience, sounds dumb af in itself, but hey whatever makes you sleep at night.

They made smaller levels to make the game run on worse hardware that can't handle bigger levels. They gimped the suit system because they want it to work well with controllers that have less buttons than keyboards.

Devs designing their games for the systems and audiences they release them for sounds "dumb af"? Kay. I think it's more that you're a console fan with a weird disadain for PC and was hurt by my words.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

This is a goo goo ga ga compared to something like Thief.

Different genre. different games. cant be compare.

This is part stealth, part action, part FPS. and done absolutely fine.

even it release same year as Half life 2 and almost as good.

its also far more dynamic than Crysis. even bioshock was more dynamic than Crysis lol.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@Litchie said:

STALKER 2? Most likely same shit.

only this community find it. entire reddit is excited as many people already played STALKER 2 beta version. its still stick to same route.

the game already show its open ended, have inventory system, A life system, Zone atmosphere but still "hurr its going to be dumbed down dumbed down".

complain about Crysis 2 is its being samller level while STALKER 2 still retain open ended. then what is the complain? jump to conclusion because because.

Loading Video...

but this community also hate Metro which is far better than shit games many so called PC gamers praise.