Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34643 Posts

@ghosts4ever: I'll have my doubts about STALKER 2 until I see it myself, thank you very much. Them not showing anything is pretty sus though.

Metro isn't hated here, afaik. Mostly me and cup calling it russian CoD, which it basically fucking is. Surely you can also see similarities between Metro and CoD campaigns? Small paths you walk on, scripted events happening everywhere, etc. Just because Metro has a cooler theme than CoD doesn't mean it isn't similar.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6139 Posts

@Litchie said:
@last_lap said:
@Litchie said:
@last_lap said:

@Litchie: Ah so it's just your personal opinion, and nothing factual, got it.

lol. Levels being smaller and systems being simplified is just opinion?

You gotta ask yourself why these games were coming to console if they were born on PC? maybe they sold like 💩 so the devs went chasing the money.

Or maybe they sold well enough to warrant sequels, but there's more money to be had if you release the game on more platforms than one. Rocket science, I know. Either way though, not sure why that's important to note for this discussion.

@last_lap said:

Why do think that everyone who plays games on consoles are dumber than their PC counterparts? where that notion came from could only have been from a jealous hermit.

I don't. Which is why I didn't say that. But console gamers are often younger, or more casual.

@last_lap said:

Surely none of these games were made because of consoles constraints, nah there were "dumbed" down to suit the console audience, sounds dumb af in itself, but hey whatever makes you sleep at night.

They made smaller levels to make the game run on worse hardware that can't handle bigger levels. They gimped the suit system because they want it to work well with controllers that have less buttons than keyboards.

Devs designing their games for the systems and audiences they release them for sounds "dumb af"? Kay. I think it's more that you're a console fan with a weird disadain for PC and was hurt by my words.

So you went from saying that hermits were more experienced and didn't need handholding as opposed to console gamers, to because console gamers are younger and more casual lol.

Secondly, why couldn't the dev make the pc versions different, with different control options etc to cater to this "more experienced" gaming community? maybe you should be blaming the dev not the console community.

As for being hurt by your words, geez mate you seem to want a win and thus to pat yourself on the back. I just disagreed with your arguments, simple as that, but you take it anyway you like.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#53  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24942 Posts
@Litchie said:

@ghosts4ever: I'll have my doubts about STALKER 2 until I see it myself, thank you very much. Them not showing anything is pretty sus though.

Metro isn't hated here, afaik. Mostly me and cup calling it russian CoD, which it basically fucking is. Surely you can also see similarities between Metro and CoD campaigns? Small paths you walk on, scripted events happening everywhere, etc. Just because Metro has a cooler theme than CoD doesn't mean it isn't similar.

its nothing like COD it has plenty of exploration, gasmask system, health system instead of regen health and you buy medikit, ammo etc.

you immersed in world and hug like structurre when not shooting.

Exodus open up more.

metro series is masterpiece and if STALKER 2 is half as good. than good. recently replayed and beat first 2 metro games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46386 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

its nothing like COD it has plenty of exploration, gasmask system, health system instead of regen health and you buy medikit, ammo etc.

you immersed in world and hug like structurre when not shooting.

Exodus open up more.

metro series is masterpiece and if STALKER 2 is half as good. than good. recently replayed and beat first 2 metro games.

You're right.

Metro makes you think about every bullet you fire.

COD meanwhile makes sure you never run low on rounds.

They have different design philosophies. Eventhough I loved the earlier CODs (don't play them guys, your computer is at risk of hacking) the current series has gone stale and predictable.

Meanwhile Metro is exciting, I'm really looking forward to replaying 2033, Last Light and Exodus.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Litchie
@last_lap said:

So you went from saying that hermits were more experienced and didn't need handholding as opposed to console gamers, to because console gamers are younger and more casual lol.

I didn't go from one thing to something else. I've been talking about the same shit, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Console gamers are often younger and more casual. It takes some effort to build and maintain PCs as opposed to consoles, and it also takes more money which is something adults have more of, which means a PC user is more often an adult than a console user. Adults are more experienced and needs less handholding than kids.

@last_lap said:

Secondly, why couldn't the dev make the pc versions different, with different control options etc to cater to this "more experienced" gaming community? maybe you should be blaming the dev not the console community.

They could, but making the same game on all platforms is both easier and cheaper. Again, rocket science, I know.

And yes, I do blame the developers for simplifying their games for consoles. I've doing that this whole conversation. You again seem to take my words for some form of insult towards console gamers.

Crysis 1, FEAR 1, Thief, Deus Ex, System Shock, strategy games and many more PC centric games all would've been different would they be designed with consoles in mind, as in they would've been simplified to fit better on simpler systems and their audience.

@last_lap said:

As for being hurt by your words, geez mate you seem to want a win and thus to pat yourself on the back. I just disagreed with your arguments, simple as that, but you take it anyway you like.

You seem to think I attack console gamers when I don't. Thinking you're a bit sensitive to the subject isn't too far-fetched to me.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie: I have seen many people build thier PC just to play PUBG, Fortnite and CSGO.

lot of my friends donot even know any games only play PUBG and DOTA etc. buch of casual non gamers buy heavy PC.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Litchie
@ghosts4ever said:

@Litchie: I have seen many people build thier PC just to play PUBG, Fortnite and CSGO.

lot of my friends donot even know any games only play PUBG and DOTA etc. buch of casual non gamers buy heavy PC.

Same. Not sure what the argument is though.

You think people sweating in competitive PC shooters like CS are younger and more casual than most console gamers?

If your friends play competitive MP shooters often, while you only play SP games, you are more casual than your friends.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Same. Not sure what the argument is though.

You think people sweating in competitive PC shooters like CS are younger and more casual than most console gamers?

If your friends play competitive MP shooters often, while you only play SP games, you are more casual than your friends.

CS is my country played mostly by non gamers. they are skilled at CS but barely know any other games at all.

The friends who play MP games donot know any of SP games aside from GTA and some mainstream sony games like last of us/uncharted. they dont even know anything about Doom Eternal.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Litchie

@ghosts4ever: Trying to win over other humans in fast competitive games is less casual than walking around picking up ammo and killing AI, dude.

I would not say that the defintion of "gamer" is how many games you know about. My gf knows of many more games than your friends, but barely plays anything.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

@ghosts4ever: Trying to win over other humans in fast competitive games is less casual than walking around picking up ammo and killing AI, dude.

I would not say that the defintion of "gamer" is how many games you know about. My gf knows of many more games than your friends, but barely plays anything.

My wife doesnot have interest in games but I show her indiana jones games coming. she is indiana jones fan and she wants to play indiana jones game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Litchie

@ghosts4ever: That's great. I hope she'll enjoy it.

Should be a casual game, good for new gamers.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#62 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 757 Posts

I think it will continue to delay

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39017 Posts

@miquella said:

I think it will continue to delay

Can they? Final release is supposed to be final release. Them finding an excuse to delay after assuring its fans that that's it, its coming out in early September no matter what, ain't good to build hype.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59035 Posts

This could easily be one of games where people instantly claim mods for Stalker are better.

In fact pretty sure remember someone here already claiming that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup: I did. If game somehow ruined. Will be save by mods.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#66 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59035 Posts

Todd would be proud.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points