SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45339 Posts

Speaking on a recent episode of the XboxEra podcast, XboxEra co-founders Nick Baker and John Clarke claimed that a ground-up remake of the first Uncharted title, 2007’s Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, is in the works for PS5. Though the project isn’t guaranteed to happen, Baker said that “it is, at the very least, being very strongly considered.”

Baker and Clarke also stated that they received information on the remake independently, and that they also saw “evidence” that points to its veracity. Baker went on to add that the information in question “doesn’t indicate” that the remake is being developed by series developer Naughty Dog or Bluepoint Games (who developed 2015’s Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection), but who exactly is developing it is unknown.

Interestingly enough, Naughty Dog co-president Neil Druckmann said last year that the studio was “done” with Uncharted, though not long afterward, Naughty Dog stated that it was recruiting to “build future teams for not only new titles but for the legacy of Uncharted.”

Leaks have claimed that a new Uncharted game is being developed by new studio. It’s been widely speculated that the studio in question is the one that was established in San Diego in partnership with PlayStation Studios Visual Arts. Job listings in 2022 revealed that the studio was “co-developing an exciting new project with Naughty Dog in beloved franchise.”

Dang.. people must really love remakes, because they keep getting green lit. Was looking forward to a new Uncharted featuring Drake's daughter. I will say tho, the original Uncharted came out in 2007, which was 17 years ago! Definitely an opportunity to do a full RE4 style Remake. What do you think, SW? Would you welcome a full remake of Uncharted?

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1273 Posts

More remakes 😴😴😴

I wouldn't mind if it's one remake/remaster here and there from one studio, but naughty dog's already done 2 back to back.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59211 Posts

Oh god.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Hell yeah that would be awesome.

I bought the Uncharted trilogy remaster when it was new. I think I even made a thread of it as an example of games that didn't age well. UC1 in particular felt clunky af.

I would love an Uncharted full remake, in the TLOU2 engine.

And of course on PC. 4K/120, ray tracing, DLSS3, updated combat mechanics in TLOU2 engine? heck yeah.

my $70 are ready for that.

All that said... it isn't really THAT neccessary to remake it. God damn are Sony terrible at reading their fanbase.

we want BLOODBORNE REMAKE, not Uncharted remake... we didn't even ask for TLOU remake or TLOU2 remastered lool.

give us the fucking bloodborne remaster at minimum.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mozelleple112

If only Microsoft were as keen to remake their games as Sony is.

I would absolutely LOVE a modern Halo 2001 remake. I know there's the MCC Collection, I gave it a try as its free on GamePass, but coming straight from Halo Infinite to the MCC collection made it feel really outdated.

Halo Infinite was an amazing FPS experience and honestly one of the best FPS campaigns I've played in the last 10 years (doesn't really have a lot of competition though...) but I couldn't get into Halo:CE from the MCC. too jarring.

I want FULL Halo 1 remake, in Infinite's engine, with better-than-Halo-Infinite graphics, updated combat mechanics / enemy AI / redesign some of the levels add vehicles, weapons or whatever else is needed to make it feel like a 2024 game, and not a polished, clunky 2001 game.

new CGI cutscenes, reworked animation. full deal.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25004 Posts

You cant remake a milked franchise.

Remake work for long awaited 20 year old game.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50624 Posts

Sigh

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39464 Posts

Why even bother creating new video games, anyways.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70046 Posts

Bring it on.🤭 We need more remakes Sony. Don't listen to the haters.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25004 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

I would absolutely LOVE a modern Halo 2001 remake.

It already exist. Halo anniversary.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44371 Posts

Sony sure is on a roll. Gonna remake their entire library. Of course they’re going to save Bloodborne for the very last though. 😂

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
@Mozelleple112 said:

I would absolutely LOVE a modern Halo 2001 remake. I know there's the MCC Collection, I gave it a try as its free on GamePass, but coming straight from Halo Infinite to the MCC collection made it feel really outdated.

Halo Infinite was an amazing FPS experience and honestly one of the best FPS campaigns I've played in the last 10 years (doesn't really have a lot of competition though...) but I couldn't get into Halo:CE from the MCC. too jarring.

I want FULL Halo 1 remake, in Infinite's engine, with better-than-Halo-Infinite graphics, updated combat mechanics / enemy AI / redesign some of the levels add vehicles, weapons or whatever else is needed to make it feel like a 2024 game, and not a polished, clunky 2001 game.

new CGI cutscenes, reworked animation. full deal.

remaking Halo would be smart on MS's part, if they do it right. It's clear that the last few Halos haven't been nearly as captivating as the originals.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mozelleple112

@ghosts4ever:

Is that not just a remaster? I don't want a polished Halo CE, I want Halo CE with modern controls and graphics (on par with Halo Infinite)

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mozelleple112

@Archangel3371:

Sony must be doing this on purpose. They're literally cucking us by remaking everything we don't want and don't need remade. But Bloodborne? never.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14818 Posts

Jesus christ

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2475 Posts

Remastering everything but their Japanese games.

Bloodborne Was In The Works For PC And PS5 "At One Point"

I'm guessing they would have to work with Japanese designers for a remaster/port of Bloodborne (or would need interpreters), since that team knows how the engine and everything works, and they won't do that anymore after killing their whole Japanese division off. Could contract FromSoftware to do all of it, I suppose, but FromSoftware doesn't look back, probably not interested.

I'd like Gravity Rush Remastered and The Last Guardian from that generation ported, but expect NOTHING.

Horrible company.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70046 Posts

"We believe in generations of remakes"😂

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1142 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

we want BLOODBORNE REMAKE

@warm_gun said:

Remastering everything but their Japanese games.

Bloodborne Was In The Works For PC And PS5 "At One Point"

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8320 Posts

naughty dog is horrible.. what a downward spiral

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56296 Posts

I honestly don't care what you guys say, this is a game that truly needs a remake and I fully support this decision on Naughty Dogs. It is very hard to go back and play the first Uncharted game by today's standard, but Uncharted 2 was a huge improvement on the controls, so leave Uncharted 2 alone and focus on the first game.

It's just a remake you guys, we're still getting new games, it's gonna take time until they are ready and remakes & remasters are just fillers after all.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1341 Posts

Lol at cows

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 719 Posts

Remake Station have no games and try to find old game bc there is no new idea at Sony.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mozelleple112

@davillain:

100%. People cannot grasp the fact that new games and remakes can co-exist.

Look if Naughty Dog had 3 brand new IPs looming around they'd probably make them. They don't. they're cooking on making The Last of US 3 be the consensus greatest ever made and will release it around 2027, just before the release of the PS6. (so a PS5 swansong just like TLOU1 and TLOU2 were for PS3 and PS4).

Then sure they'll give us the 4K/120 ray traced remaster on PS6 in 2028.

Also... The primary target of remakes aren't people who have bought and beaten a game 5 times, its for new fans.

RE2, RE3 and RE4 remakes brought me into the world of older RE games, and I absolutely love them. RE4 remake is one of my top 15 favourite games ever. RE4 felt clunky and outdated when I tried it for the first time in 2006-08. Thank god Capcom decided to remake it 18 years later.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mozelleple112

@SolidGame_basic: Yeah it would be great.

Not just Halo. The Gears franchise as well.

I would love to see Gears 1, Gears and Gears 3 release in 2024, 2026 and 2028 fully remade for Unreal Engine 5.

Gears 6 in 2025.

So give me remakes as fillers between 6 and 7.

God damn it Microsoft, adopt Sony's remake policy pls

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dimebag667  Online
Member since 2003 • 3096 Posts

@Mozelleple112: You stay away from CE! I've been waiting almost 20 years for a real solution to play it on modern hardware. And after almost a decade, MCC still hasn't got it right. The amount of disrespect shown to the game that literally made Xbox is beyond disgusting.

Hell, I would be ecstatic if they just made it backwards compatible. What other possible reason is there for it to not be on bc, besides them forcing players to get MCC? It's utter BS!

They already did the CE anniversary, and f#cked that up beyond belief. I think they made the MP on the Reach engine. Like what the absolute fu*k?! That's like asking for your favorite meal for your birthday, and instead they bring out a boiled shoe. Gearbox borked the PC port as well. I swear to F#CK, they have screwed up the original version of Halo on absolutely everything they've done... and now you want another? With infinite as the framework?

I hate your idea with a passion. But the chances of me getting what I want, before you getting what you want is basically 0%.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17854 Posts

Why would they remake a game that only came out so recentlyOHMYGOD! Where is the time going. The game is basically Retro. DF will probably have a retro vid about it soon.

Anywho not much interest from me. I have a PS3 copy floating around but it's a game, and a series (I played the demo of 2 a bit), that I have found just very ugh to play. Very bullet sponge enemies. Combat was a slog and there was a fair chunk of it. Just Meh. My fav bit of the Uncharted games I have tried is the bit at the start before enemies show up.

Still as remakes go, Uncharted would make more sense than some of the other remakes Sony have made. They are probably also thinking "easier to port to other platforms in the future". I'd say getting the PS3 build into a good state on other platforms would be an absolute pain in the hoop.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

I loved the original. I thought it was the most underrated video game on the PS3. Story was good, introduction to the characters was great, gameplay/gunplay was fun and arcady. Graphically it was also a good showing of what the PS3 could do. If it's true they are remaking it, it's a day 1 purchase for me. Hopefully they add on a online mode like uncharted 2.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

I mean it's no longer necessary to make fun of Sony/cows anymore. They are doing a pretty bang up job of it themselves.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

Makes me wonder how TLOU2 remaster did. Then again, they've invested like $500 into remastering it, so even if they sold just 1000 copies, its still profit.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

OG uncharted, GTA 4, crack down , Resistance Fall of Man series and Kill Zone 2 , I wouldn’t mind having a remake of

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidGame_basic  Online

@pc_rocks said:

I mean it's no longer necessary to make fun of Sony/cows anymore. They are doing a pretty bang up job of it themselves.

Pretty sure you'll be begging for a Chromebook port when it comes out 🤣

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

I can get behind Uncharted getting a remake; them controls were rough back then

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

I used to say Nintendo was the master of screwing it's fanbase into re-buying the same game over and over, but, Sony seems to be the new king of repurchase fuckery. So since the age of the game isn't a pre-requisite for remaster (last of us 2 remastered), we can assume that the other 4 uncharted games and the DLC spinoff will get the same treatment. That seems super fresh and creative.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidGame_basic  Online

@pcgamerlaszlo said:

I used to say Nintendo was the master of screwing it's fanbase into re-buying the same game over and over, but, Sony seems to be the new king of repurchase fuckery. So since the age of the game isn't a pre-requisite for remaster (last of us 2 remastered), we can assume that the other 4 uncharted games and the DLC spinoff will get the same treatment. That seems super fresh and creative.

Nintendo is far worse, literally gives you the same game.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo

@SolidGame_basic: I'd say they both suck pretty hard at it, but Sony's definitely upped their screwing their fanbase prospects as of late. Now that I think about it, Capcom and Atlus are pretty bad about re-releasing that same shit over and over too, so maybe it's a Japanese game company norm. They all seem to do it quite regularly.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SolidGame_basic  Online

@pcgamerlaszlo said:

@SolidGame_basic: I'd say they both suck pretty hard at it, but Sony's definitely upped their screwing their fanbase prospects as of late. Now that I think about it, Capcom and Atlus are pretty bad about re-releasing that same shit over abd over too, so maybe it's a Japanese game company norm. They all seem to do it quite regularly.

Nintendo brings over the same game, and in most cases, not even touching it. Look at Super Mario 3D All Stars. Would've been amazing if they added some quality improvements to it. On top of that, you can't even play buy classic games on Switch, you have to rent it via Switch online.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo

@SolidGame_basic: They're both terrible. If Nintendo re-sells the same old crap without improvements, and Sony re-sells the same old crap with improvements, they're both still selling the same old crap. Both should be open palm slapped in the mouth for being so creativity bankrupt.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46498 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Makes me wonder how TLOU2 remaster did.

Badly, TLOU 2 wasn't even liked to begin with.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44637 Posts

This is new. Aside from the norm of Sony's creative bankruptcy, there was always an element of plans to release it on PC and the oh well they might as well give console players an updated version. I mean they just released a PC version. You'd think with Sony trying to get more games to PC they'd pick something not yet released there.

But this will be interesting potentially. Rumors too are The Coalition are working on some kind of Gears of War remaster collection. Would be interesting if Uncharted and Gears of War re-release around same time, given these two series seemed pitted against one another back during their 7th gen debuts. Will also be an interesting point of contrast between how Sony and MS handle this re-release. The Gears rumor sounds like a packaged collection, I'd assume updated for UE5. Uncharted sounds like a piecemeal approach.

Anyhow, I'd be curious too whether Naughty Dog would be handling this, or will Sony rely on third party outsourcing again. Outsourcing would free Naughty Dog up to making newer games, but risk a third party botching it. Guess we'll see.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

I mean, i liked it a lot, it sold a lot, and won all the awards imaginable. It not being liked is not an issue here, it was simple very divisive, which is fine by me. The remaster of a game that was already running in 60fps on the ps5 is dumb af, tho.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46498 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

I mean, i liked it a lot, it sold a lot, and won all the awards imaginable. It not being liked is not an issue here, it was simple very divisive, which is fine by me. The remaster of a game that was already running in 60fps on the ps5 is dumb af, tho.

Yeah that's what I meant. 50% ended up liking it 50% ended up hating it. I'm in the first camp too, I think gameplay wise it's a great game. Story wise... there is a lot to pick apart but I didn't hate it.

I can't share that many details but all I read is that TLOU 2 Pt2 remaster 2 dropped player numbers really hard.

Perhaps even harder than Halo Infinite, if you can believe that.

Maybe people are just sick of these remasters of 2 year old games? Maybe pick a game that isn't fresh in people's memories. Like perhaps release Beyond good and evil huh? Ubisoft? Comon you seriously expect us to play the Skull& bones open beta?

don't you dare Hardwenzen, don't you dare.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58439 Posts
Loading Video...

Anyway, what a waste of time and resources.

Pass.

What else they got coming? Honestly only thing I'm looking forward to from Sony is Helldivers 2 at this point.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20148 Posts

Like with all remakes, cool for those who never played them. I won't be getting it unless it has new content.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zero_epyon
@mrbojangles25 said:
Loading Video...

Pass.

What else they got coming? Honestly only thing I'm looking forward to from Sony is Helldivers 2 at this point.

From a business stand point it makes sense. There are a lot of new PS gamers and some of them skipped the PS3. Additionally, Sony might want to put Uncharted 1 on PC but porting the PS3 games sucks so it might as well do a real remake to impress PC gamers. Also, remember that Sony puts games on PC to capture more revenue and entice PC players into buying a Playstation.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58439 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
Loading Video...

Pass.

From a business stand point it makes sense. There are a lot of new PS gamers and some of them skipped the PS3. Additionally, Sony might want to put Uncharted 1 on PC but porting the PS3 games sucks so it might as well do a real remake to impress PC gamers. Also, remember that Sony puts games on PC to capture more revenue and entice PC players into buying a Playstation.

Yeah, I get it. And I'm happy for people that never played it and want to try it out.

Guess I should just be happy it's a proper remake and not a lame remaster. Just wish it was something new instead.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zero_epyon

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
Loading Video...

Pass.

Yeah, I get it. And I'm happy for people that never played it and want to try it out.

Guess I should just be happy it's a proper remake and not a lame remaster. Just wish it was something new instead.

Wholeheartedly agree! Best case scenario it's being done by a studio that's not ND.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16582 Posts

@SOedipus: lmfao 🤣

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9412 Posts

That game was awful. Lame jumping puzzles and some of the worst shooting sections I have ever experienced. It created the "movie game" meme, because every bit of game play was terrible. Forget skipping cutscenes, Uncharted needed a skip game segment button.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34703 Posts

😂

Have fun, Sony fans.

If I was a Sony fan, posting these news would be very embarrassing for me. But you guys seem proud of getting a million remakes of games that aren't even old. Pretty weird.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9584 Posts

That's all we're getting these days.. give me a break.