Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8510 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@pc_rocks said:

I mean it's no longer necessary to make fun of Sony/cows anymore. They are doing a pretty bang up job of it themselves.

Pretty sure you'll be begging for a Chromebook port when it comes out 🤣

Good to know that you finally came around the fact that Sony games are so devoid of gameplay that they can easily be translated to the likes of mobiles and Chromebook, Pedro wannabe but*hurt cow.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Dang, mooaar remasters. C'mon Uncle Phil, get GamePass on the BS Jive because it's obvious Phony isn't making any new games. lol :P

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 robert_sparkes  Online
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

I replayed 1 on PS4 last year definitely feel it needs updated mechanics would be nice to have uncharted 4 gameplay.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@dimebag667: This is a view point I will never understand.

I *never* want to play a game as it was released originally. I want upgraded combat mechanics, updated AI, updated graphics, updated performance, updated everything.

I've made it abundantly clear TLOU is either my first or second favourite game of all time, but I am disappointed that they didn't remake it ENOUGH in 2022 (and 2023 on PC, I bought both versions).

To me, even an 11/10 game like The Last of Us in 2013 cannot remain "flawless" and truly timeless forever (no game has, and no game ever will)

I wanted ND to (along with upgraded the graphics to the TLOU2 engine and giving it full 4K/120 PC support):

• Add the dodging mechanics from TLOU2
  • Add the prone mechanics from TLOU2
  • Redesign the level designs to accommodate the ability to go prone
  • Redesign enemy encounters / AI / frequency / placement to accommodate the ability to dodge enemy attacks
  • Add the firearms and melee weapons that were in TLOU2, but not in TLOU to TLOU1, without removing any weapons from the original TLOU. An expanded arsenal in other words.
  • silencers and all other craftables from TLOU2 added to TLOU. Again this means they would have to rework the levels and enemies to arrange for an appropriate challenge but heck its a remake after all.

If ND gave us that in 2022/23 then holy shit. 12/10 best remake ever.

Now the same goes for your Halo. The only difference is I never really played Halo (played it on PC back in 2003-04 but I thought it was meh so gave up early).

I absolutely loved Halo Infinite. high production values, great graphics, amazing gunplay. Very solid combat mechanics.

I want them to add all of that to Halo CE. It doesn't HAVE to be the Infinite engine, but I don't see them using UE5 or anything.

I'll even be extra controversial and claim that Halo CE should have the grapple hook mechanism from Infinite added in!

(okay maybe that's too far). just give me the the story and campaign of Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 with the fluidity, feel and visual fidelity of Infinite (or better of course).

Pls Phil, I have $210 in my pocket right now.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: TLOU2 has 94 on metacritc, most awarded video game in history. 300+ GOTY awards including the official GOTY. Recently ranked 19th best game of all time by the 'industry'. Its not the consensus video game GOAT like TLOU1 is, but it sits on the same very exclusive table.

Brev, don't let salty online bigots and fanboys fool you.

The "remaster" part is useless and means nothing. Think of it more as a $10 dlc for its cool new modes.

I'm waiting for the PC version of TLOU2. God damn that would be great. Hopefully, this "remaster" means they will port it to PC very soon, somewhere around the airing of season 2 of the series.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

If there is one Naughty Dog game I wouldnt mind seeing remade it is the Jak and Daxter Trilogy.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@R4gn4r0k: TLOU2 has 94 on metacritc, most awarded video game in history. 300+ GOTY awards including the official GOTY. Recently ranked 19th best game of all time by the 'industry'. Its not the consensus video game GOAT like TLOU1 is, but it sits on the same very exclusive table.

Brev, don't let salty online bigots and fanboys fool you.

The "remaster" part is useless and means nothing. Think of it more as a $10 dlc for its cool new modes.

I'm waiting for the PC version of TLOU2. God damn that would be great. Hopefully, this "remaster" means they will port it to PC very soon, somewhere around the airing of season 2 of the series.

Yes, you are correct. Whenever some new game launches people always get salty. I try to be objective, but of course that is a fallacy, that anyone can remain objective.

I even finished TLOU 1 on PC in anticipation for the new remaster.

So ok let's look at the tech specs:

TLOU 2 on PS5 runs at 1440p- 80 to 90fps

TLOU 2 can also run at 4K- 40 to 60fps.

Now looking at this if it would standalone this isn't bad, but there is of course the PC version to take into consideration. Being the cinematic game that it is it would improve over having sharper resolution, no upscaling (or better upscaling DLSS) and faster framerates.

There is two ways this can go. Either the PC version is good (Ratchet, Uncharted 4, Returnal) or the PC version is bad (TLOU, Horizon Zero Dawn).

Depending on which way this goes... The PS5 version could be the better choice or it won't be.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3349 Posts

I wonder if they will still include the zombies on the remake. Not a fan of remake tbh. I feel like games from ps3 era is still too soon for a remake.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3118 Posts

@Mozelleple112: Haha, yeah that's something we will never agree on.

In fairness, I haven't played Infinite, but from what I've seen, it's just not for me. Hell, I've said it many times that I don't care for any Halo besides CE, so I don't care about anything they've added over the years. And you having not played CE on the og Xbox drives me bonkers :) Every edition of CE since the original has changed or goofed up something about the game, and that kills me. Especially since I just want a modern way to play the original game, so I can continue to play. And to hear that you want to change, again, something that you haven't actually played, drives me nuts.

I also have $210, and would pay that for an Xbox mini that only has the original Xbox version of CE on it. If they want to get crazy, I would allow them to include the Fusion Frenzy demo, since it was on the disc. Sell that with some new Dukes and S controllers, and I would be a happy camper.

But like I said, you would undoubtedly get your way before I get mine.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22980 Posts

That sounds like the worst thing that naughty dog could possibly do outside remaking the last of us again.... Amazing how far theyve fallen as a creative force in the hobby.... Pretty much a dead studio at this point.

Also, for those who have never played the game, it has one of the worst levels in modern video game history... Upstream where u ride a jetski against the current while being peppered with bullets. It's as dreadfully as it sounds.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22980 Posts
@pyro1245 said:

That game was awful. Lame jumping puzzles and some of the worst shooting sections I have ever experienced. It created the "movie game" meme, because every bit of game play was terrible. Forget skipping cutscenes, Uncharted needed a skip game segment button.

Lol too true. The later games were designed better for sure, but the first game was a chore.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@TheEroica said:

That sounds like the worst thing that naughty dog could possibly do outside remaking the last of us again.... Amazing how far theyve fallen as a creative force in the hobby.... Pretty much a dead studio at this point.

Also, for those who have never played the game, it has one of the worst levels in modern video game history... Upstream where u ride a jetski against the current while being peppered with bullets. It's as dreadfully as it sounds.

That provided the atmosphere of fear, anxiety and making you feel connected to the characters, especially, Nathan Drake, the most handsome character in video game history. Not to mention it is a GS certified double AA 8.0 exclusive at the time. In their words.. "simply great"

Easily a day 1 purchase...awwwww yeahhh! ;)

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1361 Posts

Not gunna lie all these remakes are getting to be excessive. If someone really enjoys an older game just play the original. I’m surprised there is that much of a market for these to warrant the amount of remakes/remasters companies are pumping out.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 robert_sparkes  Online
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

Played uncharted 4 on ps5 but only because it was a £10 upgrade. If it's priced accordingly I have no issues.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 777 Posts

Easy $70

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Cows are such an easy mark and fall for anything. lol :P

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#67 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

Sony is really struggling making games, aren’t they?

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1410 Posts

And they think they're winning..

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#69 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49591 Posts

Well, there's folks out there that legit spent money on a remaster of Last of Us 2. So why not continue to milk those same folks?