Stellar Blade hype is real!!! (And if you can't tell, of course this is a hype thread) GS gives it an 8/10!

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#102 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7223 Posts

The reviews look good. I’ll be buying the game to try out.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts
@mesome713 said:

Im going with a 7/10. All them jiggle physics I don't think will save poor gameplay. Sure it sells to horny teens and 40 year old virgins, but that's not saying much.

poor gameplay? what review are you reading?

I bet you loved the nin power swim suit addition.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39411 Posts
@ghostofgolden said:

@hardwenzen: Era thread

Expected way more malding. Thread didn't deliver. But thanks to that shithole of a site, i learned that Hard R means more than ultra violent movies😑

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#105 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@gifford38 said:

yup that is what pedro likes. he rather have fable character than Steller blade character.

because everytime I say something about it he has too defend the way they look.

its ok.

its fake does not exist.

they look fine.

its all in your head.

its ok pedro we know your type.

Stop being a fragile man...You can't.😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 hardwenzen

I find it kinda funny how bishes in the review's comment section and youtube comments are calling ME of all people a feminist sjw for calling out how hollow this game is. Holy shit this is good.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50617 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

America really IS ruining the world.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

Can't wait

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Expected way more malding. Thread didn't deliver. But thanks to that shithole of a site, i learned that Hard R means more than ultra violent movies😑

“Sony shouldn't even take it out. It's just Americans, White Americans no less, upset about it. This should be easy but here we are.”

That post got a person banned for dismissing racism. Sometimes watching the mods reactions to posts is where the fun is at. Sometimes I wonder if their mods are trolling or not.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50617 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

“Sony shouldn't even take it out. It's just Americans, White Americans no less, upset about it. This should be easy but here we are.”

That post got a person banned for dismissing racism. Sometimes watching the mods reactions to posts is where the fun is at. Sometimes I wonder if their mods are trolling or not.

Yet dude is 100% correct.

White people overcompensating big time in recent years!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By hardwenzen

@ghostofgolden said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Oh gawd.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 hardwenzen
@mesome713 said:

15y olds like you is the actual demographic of this game. But now you gotta wait Christmas and beg your mom for Santa to give you a PS5. Difficult year, bro.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I find it kinda funny how bishes in the review's comment section and youtube comments are calling ME of all people a feminist sjw for calling out how hollow this game is. Holy shit this is good.

I have to admit, that is pretty funny. The internetification of politics. Your opinion of one thing must reflect your opinion of everything. Even fucking videogames.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 judaspete

The marketing strategy had me worried, but this game seems to have turned out well. I'll check it out when it comes to PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Pedro

@judaspete said:

The marketing strategy had me worried, but this game seems to have turned out well. I'll check it out when it comes to PC.

You have to buy it now. If you don't the woke folks will win. 🙃

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#116 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59183 Posts
@judaspete said:

To be honest the design looked, eh?

We have games like Dead Or Alive, this is nothing. Not really sure why it became such a thing, IGNs insanely shitty self-wanking take?

The Gamespot review was surprisingly focusing on the gameplay with a "whatever" mention about it.

Was expecting a shit-show but they seem to have actually gotten a good reviewer on it.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 judaspete

@uninspiredcup: The controversy was a twitter thing. No one had much problem with the game until some former devs said they were fired for being feminists. The devs rolled with it and said, "Look at Eve's jiggle physics and sexy outfits". Youtube made it a culture war thing, it was all dumb.

I didn't have high hopes because it reminded me of early 2000's "boobs will sell our mediocre game" marketing. Glad to see this was not the case.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@judaspete: game journos now appear to be upset about a sign saying "hard" with an "r" next to it.

God I hate modern day, everyone is a pussy.

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#119 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8692 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:

15y olds like you is the actual demographic of this game. But now you gotta wait Christmas and beg your mom for Santa to give you a PS5. Difficult year, bro.

There are two good PS5 games and you don't like either of them.

Go on Twitter and get ratioed. Your age statistic is completely incoherent.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

@judaspete: game journos now appear to be upset about a sign saying "hard" with an "r" next to it.

When we say "everyone is a pussy" are we including the publishers and developers who agreed instantly to changing the art the moment it was noticed?

The slang 'Hard R' has been in the English lexicon for several years now and something like this isn't subtle, even if it's certainly unintentional because of the game coming from a different culture and language.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@Vaasman said:
@uninspiredcup said:

When we say "everyone is a pussy" are we including the publishers and developers who agreed instantly to changing the art the moment it was noticed?

The slang 'Hard R' has been in the English lexicon for several years now and something like this isn't subtle, even if it's certainly unintentional because of the game coming from a different culture and language.

Perhaps someone deliberately put it in there, assuming pussies would be upset, thus garnering the game a free publicity, using dumb culture warriors as pawns.

Very lexicon.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Vaasman
@uninspiredcup said:
@Vaasman said:

Perhaps someone deliberately put it in there, assuming pussies would be upset, thus garnering the game a free publicity, using dumb culture warriors as pawns.

Me personally, couldn't give a shit. Not a baby.

Hanlon's razor tells me no it's not intentional, but given the developer thrived on manufactured outrage for marketing in the past, it wouldn't necessarily be surprising.

Also, thanks for your presented stance as 'not-a-baby,' but the devs themselves disagree and give a shit, so it doesn't seem very valid as far as noncommittal stances go🤷‍♂️

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 uninspiredcup  Online

@Vaasman said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Vaasman said:

Me personally, couldn't give a shit. Not a baby.

Hanlon's razor tells me no it's not intentional, but given the developer thrived on manufactured outrage for marketing in the past, it wouldn't necessarily be surprising.

Also, thanks for your presented stance as 'not-a-baby,' but the devs themselves disagree and give a shit, so it doesn't seem very valid as far as noncommittal stances go🤷‍♂️

Not sure what trying to argue here. More or less agreed, then claimed "ahhhh, but they are removing it" like it's some sort of zinger.

Assuming it was deliberate, cynical, they would have used it to generate controversy, then remove it to please peeps, simultaneously creating outrage from others, further feeding investment in said product. i.e. culture war crap...

This would also indicate they actually don't give a shit, by virtue of the very argument itself A means to an end. Attention.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Vaasman
@uninspiredcup said:
@Vaasman said:

Not sure what trying to argue here. More or less agreed, then claimed "ahhhh, but they are removing it" like it's some sort of zinger.

The point I'm making is that your implied claim that it's "pussies" that wrote about this is a trash stance.

It would be like if a dev accidentally drew a swastika in some otherwise innocuous pattern, and then being like "I can't believe these pussies care so much about Nazis, I don't personally care!" Like, bruh, obviously it matters, and the when the dev agree it matters instantly, you can be pretty sure it does. It's not "being a pussy" to point out something obvious like this.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Vaasman said:

The point I'm making is that you're claim that it's "pussies" that wrote about this is a trash stance.

This was factually correct. They are also idiots.

Overall it's a fairly excellent point I made.

@Vaasman said:

It would be like if a dev accidentally drew a swastika in some otherwise innocuous pattern,

That'd be pretty crazy.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Vaasman
@uninspiredcup said:
@Vaasman said:

The point I'm making is that you're claim that it's "pussies" that wrote about this is a trash stance.

Oof couldn't handle yourself being wrong even when it was a shitpost, so they're idiots now? Harsh bud man.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

It should be noted we don't know when it will come to PC. So I'll settle for the PS5 as it comes with performance mode.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Pedro

@davillain said:

It should be noted we don't know when it will come to PC. So I'll settle for the PS5 as it comes with performance mode.

Never settle for less... unless you are a perv.😂

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

@Pedro said:
@davillain said:

Never settle for less... unless you are a perv.😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#130 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

Another flop 😕

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8272 Posts

Solid score 👍🏽 I thought it looked pretty good at the PS Showcase..

May eventually pick it up on PC..

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

This game is terrible because you have to pause the game all the time to look at her goodies! 😂

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#133 TheEroica
Member since 2009 • 22833 Posts

https://www.ign.com/articles/stellar-blade-review

IGN... 7/10

Good score for a new ip. Not great, but a good start.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1332 Posts

Meh out of 10

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

Seems fair, I would rate Eve an 8 out of 10 too ;)

Agent_Stroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Agent_Stroud
Member since 2020 • 540 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Fun fact, that same room got censored by id in later patches of Doom, so effectively you proved the other user’s point completely by accident. 😏

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@agent_stroud said:

@uninspiredcup: Fun fact, that same room got censored by id in later patches of Doom, so effectively you proved the other user’s point completely by accident. 😏

Didn't know this. Found this image completely randomly from nothing with no research in 30 seconds.

Thank you for this incredible fact. (le smug)

Although from this incredible fact, seem to be missing the part (which I didn't know) of it being removed from a military veterans request out of respect by Romero, otherwise it would have stayed.

Or that they tried to link it with school shootings from outrage groups. Or that it was partially banned in Germany for 17 years.

Which in actuality, would nullify any supposed point and in fact, make me even more right.

Which is remarkable.

Agent_Stroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Agent_Stroud

@uninspiredcup: That’s not what the Doom Wiki (the real one, not the Fandom one) says, bud. Wanna try again? 😏

The version of E1M4 in Doom 1.0 contained an inverted swastika-shaped structure (see the map to the right), in homage to Wolfenstein 3D. It was later changed to a traditionally oriented swastika in version 1.2. The symbol was changed again in version 1.4, this time to a shape that only loosely resembles a swastika, shifting the vertical connectors horizontally outward. The Atari Jaguar port of Doom, based on version 1.2, instead chose to delete the vertical appendages altogether.

In regards to this, John Romero has commented:[4]

"Yes, [in Commander Keen 5] there is a swastika in one of the levels, one of my levels to be exact, but I removed it shortly after the game was released because people were upset that an evil symbol was in a cute kid's game (the changed version is in the screenshot). It was a premonition of things to come, namely, Wolfenstein 3D. I also put a swastika in Doom's E1M4 as a Wolf3D reference, but I changed it later for the exact same reason."

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/E1M4:_Command_Control_(Doom)

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45323 Posts
Loading Video...

HappyConsoleGamer approves

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic: Must be tough trying to form your own opinion.🤭

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@agent_stroud said:

@uninspiredcup: That’s not what the Doom Wiki

There is no "another". It's what he said, directly. It was requested, not demanded, which he done out of respect.

While the presence of a swastika would have caused Doom to be banned in Germany (where the display of Nazi iconography in video gameswas illegal, regardless of context), and not just restricted to adults due to the game's graphic violence, according to developer John Romero, the symbol was removed after an objection to its presence was sent to him by a veteran of World War II.

The people who demanded, objecting to Doom were 1. Germany (because of that whole Hitler guy thing) 2. People blaming it for school shootings such as Columbine High School massacre 3. A general "video games cause violence scare"

This, not the swastikas was the was people were outraged by with correlation between video games and real world violence being dubunked. The people in question of high moral value (let me check my notes)... Oh.

Dumb pussies..

All of which, you've ignored, which I directly highlighted Because it makes you look dumb. And proves my point, completely right.

Which I am. Which to reiterate, is deeply impressive stuff.

Agent_Stroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Agent_Stroud

@uninspiredcup: Why not link the source like I did with my counterclaim? That would help strengthen your position, bud.

Agent_Stroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Agent_Stroud

@uninspiredcup: Why are you so scared of providing your source? Is there something on that website you don’t want people seeing? 😏

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@shadyacshuns said:

This game upsets the rainbow-haired weirdos out there, so that's a good thing. Sony is usually on the wrong side of the culture war. Maybe they're coming around to normalcy.

@shadyacshuns said:

The so-called "game journalists" are going to destroy this game's meta score because of their affliction to sexiness. It'll likely end up in the low 70s butt probably be a really good game.

yup that is what pedro likes. he rather have fable character than Steller blade character.

because everytime I say something about it he has too defend the way they look.

its ok.

its fake does not exist.

they look fine.

its all in your head.

its ok pedro we know your type.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 SargentD

Glad the game is being well received.

Unfortunately won't play it unless it gets ported to PC or SX.

(Damn Sony money hat strikes again)

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:
@Vaasman said:

Overall it's a fairly excellent point I made.

@Vaasman said:

It would be like if a dev accidentally drew a swastika in some otherwise innocuous pattern,

That'd be pretty crazy.

Lmao!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:
@agent_stroud said:

Didn't know this. Found this image completely randomly from nothing with no research in 30 seconds.

Thank you for this incredible fact. (le smug)

Although from this incredible fact, seem to be missing the part (which I didn't know) of it being removed from a military veterans request out of respect by Romero, otherwise it would have stayed.

Or that they tried to link it with school shootings from outrage groups. Or that it was partially banned in Germany for 17 years.

Which in actuality, would nullify any supposed point and in fact, make me even more right.

Which is remarkable.

Reminds me of when Wolfenstein 2 censored Hitlers silly mustache 🤣

"Yeah it's literaly hitler... but atleast we got rid of the mustache.. we good Germany??"

Agent_Stroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Agent_Stroud

@sargentd: Interesting how he still hasn’t provided his source to back up his claims.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 uninspiredcup  Online

@agent_stroud: What's also interesting is how completely decimated you and now you're sitting the background for 40 minutes trying to get any scrap you can. Hoping. Nay, praying.

It's genuinely impressive how impressive I am.