Will we finally get a proper good Dune game? This survivor of the fittest hopes to be!

• 56 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56362 Posts

Key-points:

• Open-World Survivor MMO
  • Deep character customization
  • Interact key characters from the books & movies by Denis Villeneuve version
  • 3rd-person combat
  • Create a guild for domination
  • Spice exchange
  • Build/create your base
  • UE5
  • Coming to PS5/Xbox Series/PC

I rarely get excited for a Survivor game but wow, I didn't expect Dune to get an actual Survivor game and judging by the trailer, I'm actually hype for this since I do in fact like the Dune universe.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

Looks like a 67 on metacritic kind of a video game. Shovelware not worth paying attention to.

Until a proper developer works on this IP, we will never see a good Dune game. Not to mention that the best things about the Dune IP is the polics portion, and for that you'd need amazing writers, so forget about it.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

The two movies are masterpieces. So I hope they do their best by the IP.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44659 Posts

I better get through Spice Wars before this comes out.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44659 Posts

@mesome713: "The two movies are masterpieces. So I hope they do their best by the IP."

I'm glad that that all I hear of Dune Part 2 is overwhelmingly positive. Hope I get around to seeing it soon.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1279 Posts

We already had one. Dune II by Westwood Studios.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Sounds more like Conan Exiles IN SPACE!

Gonna be a grindy, barren "create-your-own-fun" sandbox, I feel.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59291 Posts

Seedy microtransactions, p2w scam, toxic community you don't want to engage with.

VS a single player game, people actually wanted.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8370 Posts

@hardwenzen: I like your new profile pic

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen

@sargentd said:

Needs to spread all over the socials. After Ragnarok, enough is enough.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@sargentd said:

He needs a new sig IMO.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6645 Posts

You lost me a MMO.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@davillain said:
@sargentd said:

He needs a new sig IMO.

I love those monkeys. Its me when seeing someone defend Starfield😊

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1189 Posts

Dune II: The Battle for Arrakis isn't a proper good Dune game?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@girlusocrazy said:

Is it any good?

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1189 Posts

@davillain: Yes

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15989 Posts

if they can get the core MMO loop right this game will have a patient fanbase and afford dev more time to expand. Count me out tho FFXIV and Apex my limit for online addiction I am not playing either now, good luck.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8784 Posts

The second film kinda sucked.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

I'm excited for it.

I love Dune, and was initially a bit leery of this game, but I read recently they're not trying to worm (pun intended) their way into the story canon, and are instead taking a "alternate timeline" approach where certain events didn't happen.

I guess your character starts off where young Paul started off, with their hand in the Gom Jabar box 😁😀Sifting people to find humans!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrbojangles25
@davillain said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Is it any good?

Yes.

So was the other Westwood Dune RTS "Emperor: Battle for Dune". This is back when they did the good ol' FMV live-action cutscenes, too. Man I miss those. So corny.

I heard there was also an adventure game that wasn't half bad, too.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

Seems like they are trying to be as close as possible to the art style of the movies, but not close enough to pay royalties to the artists of the movie.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SargentD
@hardwenzen said:
@sargentd said:

I hope they get rid of all the esg/dei consulting firms in the gaming industry

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mrbojangles25

@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sargentd said:

I hope they get rid of all the esg/dei consulting firms in the gaming industry

I seem to be out of the loop here: what is the profile pic of, and what is ESG/DEI?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By madrocketeer
@mrbojangles25 said:

I seem to be out of the loop here: what is the profile pic of, and what is ESG/DEI?

Sweet Baby Inc. From the little that I can gather out of this nonsense, it's another nebulous boogeyman in the dumb internet culture war. At which point, I just stopped paying attention.

In reality, it's just a consultancy firm, advising studios on things they already did and wanted to do through internal teams for over a decade; i.e. proof-read scripts to make games less offensive and blander to appeal to more people. It's basically like outsourcing, and as a consultancy firm, studios are free to accept or reject their recommendations.

Vaguely heard some SBI employees said some dumb shit on the internet, which caused other people to say dumb shit in return. Dumb shit upon dumb shit. Social media was a mistake. 99% of people on the internet really have nothing worthwhile to say. Best to just ignore and spare your brain cells of the stupid.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34752 Posts

Somebody has never heard of earlier Dune games..

I entered the beta test thingy for this around a year ago. Haven't heard anything since, so I don't know if there is a beta with people in it already, or if its coming.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen

@madrocketeer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Sweet Baby Inc. From the little that I can gather out of this nonsense, it's another nebulous boogeyman in the dumb internet culture war. At which point, I just stopped paying attention.

In reality, it's just a consultancy firm, advising studios on things they already did and wanted to do through internal teams for over a decade; i.e. proof-read scripts to make games less offensive and blander to appeal to more people. It's basically like outsourcing, and as a consultancy firm, studios are free to accept or reject their recommendations.

Vaguely heard some SBI employees said some dumb shit on the internet, which caused other people to say dumb shit in return. Dumb shit upon dumb shit. Social media was a mistake. 99% of people on the internet really have nothing worthwhile to say. Best to just ignore and spare your brain cells of the stupid.

If you think this is just nonsense, you're being extremely naive. Every single game they worked on, was a clusterfuck, but the one that bothered me is Ragnarok.

Loading Video...
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46608 Posts

I really miss Westwood and I really miss their RTS game.

When I see something epic in cinemas like LOTR or DUNE I just want to come home and move those armies and make those decisions myself.

I guess the closest thing we got is Dune Spice Wars:

Not amazing by any means but better than mobile money traps.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k  Online
@hardwenzen said:
@madrocketeer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

If you think this is just nonsense, you're being extremely naive. Every single game they worked on, was a clusterfuck, but the one that bothered me is Ragnarok.

Why? What did Ragnarok do that made it so much worse than God of War 2018?

I always find it so odd that people post a video and act like "here is my opinion dude". Videos aren't opinions, TV aren't opinions, flashes originating from your mind are.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By madrocketeer
@hardwenzen said:

Right, a YouTube video from some random Joe Bumfuck I never heard of. That's what you base this bollockery on, is it? From the same crowd that thought a writing intern somehow managed to get herself self-inserted into Spider-Man 2 just because she vaguely looked a bit like one of the characters? Do you even know what YouTube is?

Show me a single line of script from GOW: Ragnarok SBI forced Santa Monica to change without the latter's approval. I'll wait.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mrbojangles25

@madrocketeer said:
@hardwenzen said:

Right, a YouTube video from some random Joe Bumfuck I never heard of. That's what you base this bollockery on, is it? From the same crowd that thought a writing intern somehow managed to get herself self-inserted into Spider-Man 2 just because she vaguely looked a bit like one of the characters? Do you even know what YouTube is?

Show me a single line of script from GOW: Ragnarok SBI forced Santa Monica to change without the latter's approval. I'll wait.

Ah, so it's some folks crying wolf about "woke politics" then?

DEI is sort of problematic at times in terms of hiring practices (in my own experience) but the other one I'm not familiar with and it sounds like it might just be used as a dog whistle for bigots and racists.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@madrocketeer said:
@hardwenzen said:

If its not some youtuber explaining you the issue, who exactly would be doing the job? Do you expect the mentally ill Sweet Baby Inc employees to come out and admit what they've done?

Their stains couldn't be clearer. You play gow2018, then try Ragnarok. Even worse, you play Spiderman and then Spiderman2. And if you're still refusing to see clear, go see a couple of youtube vids that goes into detail, and you will see plenty of lines that you're looking for.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SargentD

you gonna check out 9 bit armies?

Loading Video...

@R4gn4r0k said:

I really miss Westwood and I really miss their RTS game.

When I see something epic in cinemas like LOTR or DUNE I just want to come home and move those armies and make those decisions myself.

I guess the closest thing we got is Dune Spice Wars:

Not amazing by any means but better than mobile money traps.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k  Online

@sargentd: Great developer and yeah, it has caught my eye, but when it comes to RTS: now I'm eying the new Terminator game, have you seen it? :)

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SargentD
@mrbojangles25 said:
@madrocketeer said:
@hardwenzen said:

Ah, so it's some folks crying wolf about "woke politics" then?

DEI is sort of problematic at times in terms of hiring practices (in my own experience) but the other one I'm not familiar with and it sounds like it might just be used as a dog whistle for bigots and racists.

where people get hung up.. People dont dislike DEI consulting firms like Sweet Baby Inc becacause they hate diversity. They don't like them because they are a third party interjecting things into the original vision of the art for pandering points and fake diversity.

To the contrary.. we want authentic art from the developer. That art can be as diverse as they want.. when people refer to "woke" games, its usually because it comes across as fake pigeonholed diversity, forced, not authentic, cheap pandering.

Samus being a girl in metroid is not "woke" its authentic.

Cole train in gears of war is not "woke" hes authentic.

Todays modern gaming has gotten to a point.. where instead of just having developers write stories and make a wide range of authentic characters... they got to go through a third party consulting firm to let the developer know what's "problematic" and "what's missing".

whats sad... is most developers do not NEED these consulting companies.. Does anyone believe these developers NEED a third party to show them how to make a black or a woman.. or a gay character lol.. but ESG scores can help funding.. and investors will pressure companies to use these consulting firms for the perception of diversity, something they can promote and point to for investors "look at these inclusive DEI firms we consult with for our games".

This wasnt a thing 20 years ago, this is modern gaming..

Personally see this as anti creative and anti art.

Sweet Baby isnt the only one, but they are one of the most known.

I found out about them after seeing griffin gaming bring them up and it really put it into perspective.

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SargentD

@R4gn4r0k said:

@sargentd: Great developer and yeah, it has caught my eye, but when it comes to RTS: now I'm eying the new Terminator game, have you seen it? :)

i have not but i want to, thats sounds cool, whos making it?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardwenzen

Sweet Baby Inc are just like those anime translators that add woke politics shit for the english dub. Its fucking pathetic.

Loading Video...
KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3493 Posts

What a waste, another live service trap. Fucking cancer.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SargentD

@hardwenzen said:

Sweet Baby Inc are just like those anime translators that add woke politics shit for the english dub. Its fucking pathetic.

Loading Video...

heard about this..

glad im not into anime besides DBZ. These modern translators be butchering those dubs lol

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SargentD

@R4gn4r0k said:

New c&c on the way maybe?

https://www.pcgamesn.com/command-and-conquer/steam-prices-changed

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By madrocketeer

@hardwenzen:

Nice deflection. I don't care about some strings on a cork board. I don't care about some tenuous six degrees of separation. I don't care about cherry-picked screenshots and dubious similarities. I don't care about "it's bad because I don't like it, therefore it's X's fault" rants.

I want hard evidence. Give me a single proof that the writing INTERN went anywhere near a face scan booth. Give me a single line of script in Ragnarok that was changed by SBI without Santa Monica's approval. Put it the Hell up, or shut the f*** up.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hardwenzen

@madrocketeer said:

@hardwenzen:

Nice deflection. I don't care about some strings on a cork board. I don't care about some tenuous six degrees of separation. I don't care about cherry-picked screenshots and dubious similarities. I don't care about "it's bad because I don't like it, therefore it's X's fault" rants.

I want hard evidence. Give me a single proof that the writing INTERN went anywhere near a face scan booth. Give me a single line of script in Ragnarok that was changed by SBI without Santa Monica's approval. Put it the Hell up, or shut the f*** up.

All i read here is that you don't care about your games being infected by this desease known as Sweet Babay Inc (and others like it).

OK. You're the one suffering, not i.🤷‍♂️

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By madrocketeer

@hardwenzen:

I accept your surrender.

Suffering? I'm not the one going around getting mad over some nebulous nefarious machinations of a consultancy firm with no better evidence that "I don't like it therefore it's bad."

I don't know if SBI were involved with HFW. Whatever. I don't care enough to confirm it, and I'm still looking forward to playing and enjoying it on March 21st. I going to keep enjoying my games, while you keep ranting on about random idiots on the Internet doing dumb things and how a female game character's tits won't explode out of her shirt and give you VR titfucks or whatever. Who's suffering?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@madrocketeer said:

@hardwenzen:

I accept your surrender.

Suffering? I'm not the one going around getting mad over some nebulous nefarious machinations of a consultancy firm with no better evidence that "I don't like it therefore it's bad."

I don't know if SBI were involved with HFW. Whatever. I don't care enough to confirm it, and I'm still looking forward to playing and enjoying it on March 21st. I going to keep enjoying my games, while you keep ranting on about random idiots on the Internet doing dumb things and how a female game character's tits won't explode out of her shirt and give you VR titfucks or whatever. Who's suffering?

You're not getting mad over it because that's all you've been seeing for the last few years. Over time, you get conditioned, and that's where you are atm. Others, aren't in your situation, and don't ever want to be where you're at.

Really is insane that you're not seeing how much of a influence sweet baby inc had on Spiderman2 when you're directly comparing it to Spiderman1, a game SBI didn't work on. And in Suicide Squad, simply having a line written by lex luthor mentioning the toxic masculinity is beyond fuckedup, and who do you think added this kind of garbage into the game?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By madrocketeer

@hardwenzen:

I don't base my opinions on Internet rumours, conspiracy theories and rage-bait YouTubers fishing for clicks. All I'm asking for is hard evidence.

Show me one of these changes from Spider-Man to Spider-Man 2, and then show me evidence SBI forced Insomniac to make that change. Show me evidence an SBI employee wrote that line in Suicide Squad. Again, put it the Hell up, or shut the f*** up.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hardwenzen
@madrocketeer said:

@hardwenzen:

I don't base my opinions on Internet rumours, conspiracy theories and rage-bait YouTubers fishing for clicks. All I'm asking for is hard evidence.

Show me one of these changes from Spider-Man to Spider-Man 2, and then show me evidence SBI forced Insomniac to make that change. Show me evidence an SBI employee wrote that line in Suicide Squad. Again, put it the Hell up, or shut the f*** up.

What rumors, what conspiracies? The games i mentioned are out, and everything in them can be googled, or youtubed. So wtf kind of evidence do you need, when its in front of you, you're just too lazy to look for it.

And how the shit can you ask for evidence of SBI introducing all this garbage into Spiderman2? Do you want their CEO to write it all on your forehead? This is not how this works, nobody is gonna tell you what SBI added into the game, but when they're literally writing and modifying game's dialogue, you can assume its their doing. Why? Because in every single game they were involved with, the sequels have seen a drastic change in the wrong direction. Imagine playing a little game called Alan Wake, and you barely even play as Alan. Not SBI BTW🤡

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1038 Posts

There was good Dune games though. Two of RTS games were quite nice.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By madrocketeer

@hardwenzen:

Again, I accept your surrender. And thank you for admitting that everything here is based on assumption (quote: "you can ASSUME its their doing"), however, assumptions are not evidence. Also, "wrong direction" is basically "I don't like it therefore it's bad." Everything you have here is based on rumours, opinions, assumptions and conspiracy theories. No hard evidence, no matter how much you rage and squirm at me.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. I have already explained to you what a consultancy firm like SBI actually does. It's literally what every consultancy firm does: they offer consultation. You have failed to prove they are anything more than that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen

@madrocketeer said:

@hardwenzen:

Again, I accept your surrender. And thank you for admitting that everything here is based on assumption (quote: "you can ASSUME its their doing"), however, assumptions are not evidence. Also, "wrong direction" is basically "I don't like it therefore it's bad." Everything you have here is based on rumours, opinions, assumptions and conspiracy theories. No hard evidence, no matter how much you rage and squirm at me.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. I have already explained to you what a consultancy firm like SBI actually does. It's literally what every consultancy firm does: they offer consultation. You have failed to prove they are anything more than that.

I see something brown that is in a corner of an abandoned house. It stinks and has a lot of flies all over it. How dare i assume it being a pile of shit! When something looks like shit, smells like shit, guess what? It turns out to be shit🤷‍♂️How strange.

Your proof is comparing Spiderman1 to Spiderman2. If this isn't enough proof to you, then you know what? You might actually be a Sweet Baby Inc employee that doesn't want to destroy the image of a company that creates problems to sell you the solution🤡

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By madrocketeer
@hardwenzen said:

I see something brown that is in a corner of an abandoned house. It stinks and has a lot of flies all over it. How dare i assume it being a pile of shit! When something looks like shit, smells like shit, guess what? It turns out to be shit🤷‍♂️How strange.

Your proof is comparing Spiderman1 to Spiderman2. If this isn't enough proof to you, then you know what? You might actually be a Sweet Baby Inc employee that doesn't want to destroy the image of a company that creates problems to sell you the solution🤡

No, the real equivalent is you claiming that the pile of shit was made by an invisible pink unicorn. I am simply asking for evidence of this invisible pink unicorn. All you're doing right now is manically jumping around screaming; "well just look at it, it's obviously made by the invisible pink unicorn!"

Again, precise example. Show me precisely what was changed between Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2, and then show evidence SBI forced Insomniac to make that change. And you know what? I shall neither confirm nor deny your accusation, just so I could enjoy watching you squirm and rage some more.