Will we finally get a proper good Dune game? This survivor of the fittest hopes to be!

• 56 results
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23958 Posts

@pclover1980 said:

We already had one. Dune II by Westwood Studios.

And the first Dune game as well.

Emperor Battle for Dune was decent as well. Not a classic, but it was a decent RTS from Westwood.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#52 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 25001 Posts

Proper Dune game play as Paul atreides story driven game by proper developer is what we need.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46493 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Proper Dune game play as Paul atreides story driven game by proper developer is what we need.

Did you play that old Westwood game?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Maroxad

Smh, the guy who threw "political gamers" accusations at me is once again bringing dumb culture wars into System Wars. At least I kept it in the trashheap where it belonged.

@R4gn4r0k:Glad someone else brought that game up! :D It wasnt the best RTS around but it was fun. The campaign was quite creative too. Havent seen many RTS use that structure.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46493 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Smh, the guy who threw "political gamers" accusations at me is once again bringing dumb culture wars into System Wars. At least I kept it in the trashheap where it belonged.

@R4gn4r0k:Glad someone else brought that game up! :D It wasnt the best RTS around but it was fun. The campaign was quite creative too. Havent seen many RTS use that structure.

I was absolutely enamored by these early 3D RTS games, I already loved 2D RTS at the time (C&C Tiberian Sun, Age of Empires) but when these 3D games started appearing and they really allowed me to view animations of units and vehicles in 360 degrees, that blew my mind.

I found the gameplay very enthralling because I remember every faction playing differently, worm riders actually luring worms, ...

Was talking to my brother about the game over the weekend, and I was talking about how Warcraft 3 got a remaster, Age of Mythology is getting a brilliant remaster but that Emperor Battle For Dune is forgotten and to the sideline somewhere.

PS: worst thing that could happen to SW and what could make me leave is political bullshit creeping in. This turning into the Steam forums would legit kill it for me. Everyone has the right to express their opinions but keep the political shit to a minimum, this is a game forum.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9582 Posts

I've been keeping an eye on this for a long time... however they still haven't stated if the game has pvp base raiding, if it doesn't this game is dead on arrival.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Maroxad

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Maroxad said:

I was absolutely enamored by these early 3D RTS games, I already loved 2D RTS at the time (C&C Tiberian Sun, Age of Empires) but when these 3D games started appearing and they really allowed me to view animations of units and vehicles in 360 degrees, that blew my mind.

I found the gameplay very enthralling because I remember every faction playing differently, worm riders actually luring worms, ...

Was talking to my brother about the game over the weekend, and I was talking about how Warcraft 3 got a remaster, Age of Mythology is getting a brilliant remaster but that Emperor Battle For Dune is forgotten and to the sideline somewhere.

PS: worst thing that could happen to SW and what could make me leave is political bullshit creeping in. This turning into the Steam forums would legit kill it for me. Everyone has the right to express their opinions but keep the political shit to a minimum, this is a game forum.

Yeah, the faction diversity and sub factions made Emperor: Battle for Dune really fun to experiment around in. Its unfortunate it was so overlooked. Because there is a real gem in there. Would love to see it put up on GOG. So I could give it another go.