Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

One thread to rule them all, and on the interwebs help them rediscover classics

Fondly remember an old game from your childhood, but can't remember what it was called?

Saw some screenshots of an old Genesis title that you thought looked interesting, but haven't a clue what it was?

Ask away - let the retro enthusiasts help you :-)

Rules:

Only requests for game names and answers, please. Please save posts going back and forth about the game in question for their own thread (feel free to start one!), although of course if you think someone answered incorrectly then you can volunteer your own answer to the question!

When making a request, do your best to describe what platform you think it was on, and what the game looked like and/or played like. The more info you give, the more likely you'll get an answer!

Colmclovin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 Colmclovin
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

I used to play an old game on ps1 I can't remember exactly what it was but it was I think an open world best rm up with a bunch of characters it was like a me vs an army situation i would love to replay this game for emulate it

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@colmclovin said:

I used to play an old game on ps1 I can't remember exactly what it was but it was I think an open world best rm up with a bunch of characters it was like a me vs an army situation i would love to replay this game for emulate it

any more details then that?

Colmclovin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Colmclovin

@n64dd: that is practically the game to what I remember a open world best em up some of the characters where skimpilly dressed females and I think it may have been Japanese maybe not but I do remember there being a sycthe

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@colmclovin said:

@n64dd: that is practically the game to what I remember a open world best em up some of the characters where skimpilly dressed females and I think it may have been Japanese maybe not but I do remember there being a sycthe

That is so vague it could be hundreds of games.

Colmclovin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Colmclovin

@n64dd: hundreds of games like that on the ps1???

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xantufrog  Moderator

Are you thinking Dynasty Warriors?

Alex839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Alex839
Member since 2015 • 151 Posts

There was this game i played in arcades in mid 90`s, it had isometric view, shooter, i think the graphics were pretty good for its time. Maybe there were segments where you could drive vehicles but might be wrong. It`s possible that you could choose different characters, maybe one of them had a red bandana, like rambo.

w0nd3rm0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By w0nd3rm0nk3y
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

Hi I need help finding a very old game. It's from mid 80's to early 90's most likely and I'm not sure if it was a NES or Atari game. It was a 2D adventure game and you controlled a family of 4 characters 1 at a time, and they each had a special ability. If I remember correctly the father was really strong and could lift boulders out of the way and a female, either the mom or sister, could jump really far/high. I can't remember all of the characters and one could have been the family dog. The map was separated so that each character was needed for certain parts, but not accessible by all characters. You had to return to their home to switch characters. Some areas of the map that were inaccessible could be seen from other screens occasionally. If I saw screen shots I would most likely recognize it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56186 Posts

@n64dd said:
@colmclovin said:

That is so vague it could be hundreds of games.

@xantufrog said:

Are you thinking Dynasty Warriors?

Hmm I had to look that up but however, the description you mention sounds like Dynasty Warriors but I do remember that there was only one Dynasty Warriors game which was just a one vs one game but I think this might be the one your looking for? Not sure if this helps or not but hey, I tried.

Loading Video...

anonymous177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By anonymous177

There is this game on the ps1 or ps2 I'm not too sure. its very similar to rocket league. It was a game where you had this ball or orb and has to get it in the opponents goals. I think the colours you could be were blue and red. You were in an arena too. Oh and you were in some sort of vehicle that could grab the orb or ball.

Don't think I have enough detail but pls someone help me

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Acillatem1993
Member since 2011 • 1100 Posts

Hey guys, I wonder if any of you can help me find an old game. It was a game I played on the NES when I was a child. It was a 2D shooter sort of game. You were some kind of robot/train looking thing that was shooting some ammo. The game could be compared to megaman I guess, basically you go from left to right jumping and shooting things. It wasnt just straight terain, there was a bit of platforming if I'm not mistaken. Also the game was very colorful with bright colors and the bosses at the end of the stage were huge. Sadly that is pretty much everything I remember about it. Thanks in advance. =)

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@Acillatem1993 are you thinking of Metroid?

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Acillatem1993

@xantufrog: No that is not it Im afraid. The colors in that game very very lively, not so dark.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@Acillatem1993: Although I'm not so confident this is it, I'm going to toss out Abodox. Only 'colorful' side scroller I can think of on the NES.

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Acillatem1993

@suicidesn0wman: That is sadly not it, but it is similar in terms of gameplay. The color of my game were more green, blue.

Nepafalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nepafalica

Hello, i hope someone can help me. I'm looking for an old PC game

-there was a human army and you only could play as a human

the mission was to destroy spider like Aliens

there was three kind of enemies. tiny aliens, big alines who could produce tiny ones, and something like an egg

when the tiny aliens eat plants they grow into big ones

for the human side there were power ups like flame thrower, plasma gun, and reinforcement sings

the mission maps were as big as the screen.

that's all i can remember....thanks in advance. (Sorry for my bad english)

thepriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thepriest
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Hey guys... I remeber (not very clearly) a game that i used to play on my pc sometime between 2005 and 2007.

I know only the beggining of it: in was with a barbarian looking man, muscular, who used to carry a woman on his back, and he also had in each hand a double barrel shotgun although you could choose from other wapons as well. I also remember that i had to fight with a lot of monsters and hairless doglike beasts and one of the bosses was a big big monster...

that's pretty much all i know. i really hope you can help me...

Batch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Batch
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

Looking for a computer game, probably for Mac, possibly for PC. I think I first saw it in an issue (and on the disc) of MacAddict, though I can't be sure. Probably sometime between 1995 and 2005.

It was a game somewhat similar to Risk, (take over territories, get extra armies for completing areas) but had a gangster theme, and took place in and around Manhattan and the boroughs. Rather enjoyed it, but then lost track of it, and ever since, nobody ever seems to have heard of it.

Batch

SuppaPHly42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SuppaPHly42
Member since 2014 • 1223 Posts

@anonymous177: Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars on PS3 is identical to rocket league. is that what you were thinking of

SuppaPHly42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SuppaPHly42

@Acillatem1993: ok so without more details, all that can be done is people firing names of games at you till one sticks, assuming you even remember the name once you see it. i guess you could open a link to each and take a look. that said here are 3 that may help, "blaster master" (although i doubt thats it) "section z" again it does not fit the description very well. maybe "Journey to Silius" this is the best i got and none of them sound like the game you played hope you can remember more :)

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Acillatem1993

@suppaphly42: The journey to Silius is actually very similar to the game Im looking for! It plays pretty much the same game and looks a lot like it. Boss battles are similar aswell (huge bosses), the only thing that I can tell is different is that the colors of my game were more lively, more greenish, redish, blueish, but light variations of these colors (similar colors to Contra for example).

SuppaPHly42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SuppaPHly42

@Acillatem1993: while i've been looking to see if i can find your game, i stumbled across a game from my past that i could not remember the name of. "The Guardian Legend" that game was sick, i loved it. its a pity it never got a squeal. if ever there was a game that needed one, that is it. i could even see it being made today :)

anyway i'm still looking i'll keep you posted if i find it

i like to help XD

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Acillatem1993

@suppaphly42: You're awesome! Thanks a lot! =D

SuppaPHly42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SuppaPHly42

@Acillatem1993: i must admit defeat i can not find your game i am pretty sure i've looked at every game on the nes, but the one you speak of. sorry man :(

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Acillatem1993

@suppaphly42: Its the effort that counts, thank you :) A few years ago I looked at every single NES game aswell and I also could not find the game I was looking for. It is as if the game does not even exist.

Jasonjk5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jasonjk5

/hello. This is a game I've been trying to find out the title of for a many years. Unfortunately, I don't have many details on it, so hopefully someone knows it. I played it when I was a kid, so it's somewhat old. I played it on pc, windows xp i believe. It's a sidescroll 2d anime like adventure game. It is not an mmo. It is single player. The character you control has green hair. It is kind of a beat em up game where you fight monsters. One super power the character has that I remember is that his hair turns yellow like super saiyan and shoots a blast. From what I remember, the title of this game might be in Korean. It's kind of like the sidescroll game Dust. Hopefully you guys can help. :D

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

@Acillatem1993 said:

@suppaphly42: The journey to Silius is actually very similar to the game Im looking for! It plays pretty much the same game and looks a lot like it. Boss battles are similar aswell (huge bosses), the only thing that I can tell is different is that the colors of my game were more lively, more greenish, redish, blueish, but light variations of these colors (similar colors to Contra for example).

Is it Power Blade?

kky31klz30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kky31klz30

hello there. see i played this game on my pc somewhere about 2003-2005. so lets say its a 1995-2005 game. its a modern warfare strategy game and its all about completing objectives and driving the enemy camp points out of the map. i can remember that there were somekind of apes in the game and you could capture them and make them work for you (building, fighting etc) the camera was panoramic and if i can remember well you couldnt change the view and see it from different angles. its pretty much like the alert type of game but its not that one. its not much info but i hope it help and would really like to play that game again.

thanks.

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Acillatem1993

@Eikichi-Onizuka: Again it is similar, but sadly not it. :(

And in my game you were some kind of machine, so you were actually wider than you were taller, if I remember correctly. It has been 14 years since I last played that. :)

Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Eikichi-Onizuka

@Acillatem1993:

Can you exit the machine like in Blaster Master?

I just came across a game called Metal Mech: Man and Machine, could that be it? (either way this was helpful for me, it actually looks kinda interesting plus it's cheap and I'm collecting for NES right now)

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Acillatem1993

No that is sadly not it either. And no, you couldn't exit the machine. Thanks though!

Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Eikichi-Onizuka

@Acillatem1993: I might have thought of the game, Metal Storm? If it is, good luck getting it for a decent price. I can't believe it wasn't the first thing I thought of.

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Acillatem1993

@Eikichi-Onizuka: That is sadly not it either, but it looks like a very good game aswell! =)

Avatar image for deactivated-61027cf6b0691
deactivated-61027cf6b0691

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-61027cf6b0691

So I'm going to get pretty old school on you guys, so good luck.

I was between the ages of 8 - 10, so 1985 - 1987. It was on a computer, not sure which system it was. But I remember it was an apocalypses type of game, and you would drive around in cars collecting things like food, fuel and weapons. You had to fend your group from attackers, and I think there was text involved in the game. I don't think it was a Mad Max game, but similar premise.

Sorry, but that's all I can pretty much remember about it.

MyCarolan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MyCarolan

Hey guys, I'm actually searching a game for a friend so I'll do my best to relay his description and answers. Here's the deets:

- PC Game played around 2003.

- 3D Graphics

- Top Down

- Japanese (maybe other Asian culture) setting in around the 1600's.

- You play a squad of around 5 people but you can only control one character, the rest are AI companions.

- At some point you see the ghost of your mentor (in the beginning)

- it begins in a "tall Japanese castle/building that you are traveling up"

- "Diablo Camera"

- Enemies were monsters.

- A weapon: "A shrunken head in a bottle, maybe a demon head."

I'll answer any questions or guesses you have!

codenamebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 codenamebrown

Looking for the title of a NES game, you're a boy with a white dog that follows you, first level of the game you're jumping up ledges to scale a montain, also the cover art has a a purple dude wearing vikingish clothes kind of like an orc and the boy and the dog might be pictured as well... Not sure. Those are the details I remember, used to play with my cousin on his NES in 91-92. Any insight or help is appreciated. Thanks!

Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Eikichi-Onizuka

@codenamebrown said:

Looking for the title of a NES game, you're a boy with a white dog that follows you, first level of the game you're jumping up ledges to scale a montain, also the cover art has a a purple dude wearing vikingish clothes kind of like an orc and the boy and the dog might be pictured as well... Not sure. Those are the details I remember, used to play with my cousin on his NES in 91-92. Any insight or help is appreciated. Thanks!

Conquest of the Crystal Palace

burton34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 burton34

hey, i need help finding a PC game i played early 2000's so it would have been a late 90's or early 2000's game judging by what i remember graphics to be like which were relatively smooth . 3D graphics and you are a male character with clack tied up hair wearing a blue-ish tunic type of clothing, the overall lighting of the game is pretty dark. it is set in an old-style almost medieval village where it is frequently raining. i cant remember the objective but i do know it had something to do with magic and getting some potions. you could interact with villagers by clicking on them and a text box would appear, i know you had to get something like a potion to help someone. you played with a top view but it wasn't from very high up like world of Warcraft but much closer. you didn't have weapons and it wasn't a fighting based game. i really can't remember much else, apart from some of the terrain you covered, you could walk/run through fields with cows, through the village and you could enter restaurants and taverns or houses and that is pretty much all i can remember, i really hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

somewriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 somewriter

My brother needs to find his favorite old PC game!

He played it around 2000. It was online multiplayer RTS-style. The camera is at a medium distance straight overhead. One of the central dynamics was that characters could morph into better and better creatures. So that about "3 regular guys" could change into a "direwolf" (he remembers this name specifically- and that it was the first transformation) and then eventually into others things including, but not limited to, a dragon.

Any ideas lads?

codenamebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 codenamebrown

@Eikichi-Onizuka:

Yup that's it! Thanks alot buddy!

Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eikichi-Onizuka

@codenamebrown: No prob, about time I knew one of these. XD

emiemi67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By emiemi67

Hello guys!

I am looking for an old pc game I played around 2000 I think. The first level or at least the demo set place in a cemetery. We controlled a woman who had to shoot giant bugs and there were chained people too. It was kind of dark.

alexhandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By alexhandru
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts

Ok, so I'm looking for a RTS game very similar to Starcraft. It had like 2 races: one biological aliens(much like zerg) and one robot-like or something like that. The camera angle and this sort of stuff I think was also similar to Starcraft's. In the main menu, the options/singleplayer etc buttons were eyes with black eyelids or something like that, much like of an alien, that would open the moment you hover with your cursor over. I also remember this funny thing: one unit of the robot-like race did the sound of the Protoss scout from Starcraft. I think this game was released before 2004, me playing it when I was aged between 3-6, and being born in 1998.

Zoobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zoobi
Member since 2015 • 12 Posts

Really sorry, i didn't know that there was sticky about this topic.

I have already posted my question about a game. You can go to this thread to read the question:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/retro-gaming-909394552/anyone-knows-about-this-game-32779025/#1