Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

@w0nd3rm0nk3y said:

Hi I need help finding a very old game. It's from mid 80's to early 90's most likely and I'm not sure if it was a NES or Atari game. It was a 2D adventure game and you controlled a family of 4 characters 1 at a time, and they each had a special ability. If I remember correctly the father was really strong and could lift boulders out of the way and a female, either the mom or sister, could jump really far/high. I can't remember all of the characters and one could have been the family dog. The map was separated so that each character was needed for certain parts, but not accessible by all characters. You had to return to their home to switch characters. Some areas of the map that were inaccessible could be seen from other screens occasionally. If I saw screen shots I would most likely recognize it.

you are definitely talking about legacy of the wizard on the NES. I remember reading nintendo powers first rpg issue that featured that and ultima and then renting and loving them both.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

@alex839 said:

There was this game i played in arcades in mid 90`s, it had isometric view, shooter, i think the graphics were pretty good for its time. Maybe there were segments where you could drive vehicles but might be wrong. It`s possible that you could choose different characters, maybe one of them had a red bandana, like rambo.

Sounds like it could be mercs or ikari warriors, but there were lots of games that fit that description

goku9712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53 goku9712
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

I remember playing this bike game with my dad MULTIPLAYER..really blocky as I remember it. It was a sidescroller..I remember playing it with one hand when I was 6 or 7 lol. I remember a podium appearing at the end when finishing.. There were a lot of ramps and lanes I think.

patoklovatina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 patoklovatina
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

I played this game with my dad about 10 years ago. On it´s signature was orange background and some creature with black evil horns. In game, you could fight with 4 heroes (I remember only 2 of them. One had a silver hammer and armor. Second was something like wolf). As gameplay, you were simply fighting monsters, avoiding obstacles and at the end you fighted boss. Floor was like from stone bricks and there were stone bridges that went across the lava. Last thing I remember, there were ocassionaly like golems with green eye, obstacles that looked like wooden pencils (spikes) and egyptian symbol (Ankh) that when you picked up, it restored your health. I really loved this game but I have only few great memories from it and mainly, I dont know it´s name. And sorry for my bad english, I am not native english speaker. Appreciate every help! :)

rogue1115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rogue1115
Member since 2016 • 14 Posts

Since this lousy box on the bottom won't let me copy and paste text, I'm gonna describe a game that I'm looking for in multiple posts so I don't have to retype the whole thing again if I get an error, which has happened three times so far.

rogue1115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rogue1115

I'm looking for a game that I played on an Apple computer many years ago. It was an 8-bit top down dungeon crawler RPG. I believe your character could be either male or female. The sprite of your character only had an upper body and a waist, no legs. The female sprite was depicted as wearing a bikini, while the male sprite was topless and looked like he was wearing a speedo. Both carried weapons in their right hand, I think, and no alterations to the sprite occurred if you equipped any armor or shield, or an alternate weapon such as a spear. Movement looked like they followed a hidden grid, that is, they moved by squares, which you did not see. You used either the arrow keys or the num pad to move, with the num pad being used to move diagonally.

rogue1115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By rogue1115

There was a text box portion under the visual map screen with your character, which reported what was going on around you. Your character had limits on how far they could see, so an enemy could all of a sudden appear and start to approach you and the text box would say usual tabletop comments like, "An orc has been spotted." The enemies would only move if you moved, and you attacked by moving your character into them and either trying to occupy the same place or by clicking a sword button, I don't remember which. And the text box would tell you, "You've been scratched for 2 damaged." "You have sliced the ghoul for 7 damage." The text box would also tell you the game time, I think, in terms of how many game hours and days you had been on a quest. I do remember specifically that when you leveled up, the text box would say, "Welcome to level 5 (or whatever level you had reached)."

rogue1115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 rogue1115

Your character had magic and a mana pool. I don't know if the game called it such. But if you were running low on health and/or magic, you had the option to go to sleep right where you were at the time and replenish those things. Enemies could surprise you if you fell asleep in a dungeon, which was very frustrating if you had just finished a attle with a powerful enemy and were in no shape to fight even the weakest of opponents. The game had a town where you could go to sell your loot and the shopkeepers would pay you in gold and silver pieces, with platinum pieces being rewarded for loot exceeding a certain value of gold. The whole game had the feel of a text-based adventure game that someone decided needed a visual element to it. That's all I can remember about it. Hope that's enough details to help somebody find it. I would never be able to recognize it by name. It's been too long. I would need to see a picture of it to say whether its the one I am looking for.

WeirdoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 WeirdoV

i'm looking for this game in ps1 that i use to play back when i was 8 or 9. it's like beat'em all game and you choose between four heros and it's like final fight type video games where you go and beat bad guys and every stage got like a mini boss. i've been looking for that game for years!!

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

@weirdov said:

i'm looking for this game in ps1 that i use to play back when i was 8 or 9. it's like beat'em all game and you choose between four heros and it's like final fight type video games where you go and beat bad guys and every stage got like a mini boss. i've been looking for that game for years!!

Fighting Force?

DESPRATE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DESPRATE
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts

Ok so I don't have a whole lot to go on but it's driving me crazy. So there's this old retro rpg that I remember was similar to final Fantasy but it's not. So you start of at home with your sister and maybe she was sick bit anyway she wanted to go to the river to fish with u or camp but while your their someone kidnaps her. Then you create a party and go off to save her and travel to different towns doing quests and stuff I always chose to be a cleric. I know it sounds like final Fantasy but it's not the name has something to do with Dragon or doom or idk some thing with a D I can't remember much else so please help!!!

matenmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#63 matenmoe
Member since 2004 • 1238 Posts

@nepafalica: Either "Xenophobe" or "Alien Syndrome" come to mind - scroller for Xenophobe(+3 player screens at once, stacked atop each other)

Alien Syndrome seems more likely- A bottom -to-top scroller.

matenmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 matenmoe

@Acillatem1993: Sounds like "Iron Tank" or maybe "Ikari Warriors"

matenmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 matenmoe

@seabass1944 Used to be one I owned on NES, like your description called, "Death Race"

matenmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 matenmoe

@goku9712: "Excitebike"

matenmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 matenmoe

@rogue1115: I had a Commodore 64 with a game called "Dungeon Quest" that sounds similar to your description. I think there was another one like that game on some other system actually titled "Dungeons And Dragons" The top veiw/half body description sounds like one of those.

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Acillatem1993
Member since 2011 • 1100 Posts

@matenmoe: Sadly its not :(. Mine was a side scroller. Thanks though.

matenmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 matenmoe

@nepafalica said:

Hello, i hope someone can help me. I'm looking for an old PC game

-there was a human army and you only could play as a human

the mission was to destroy spider like Aliens

there was three kind of enemies. tiny aliens, big alines who could produce tiny ones, and something like an egg

when the tiny aliens eat plants they grow into big ones

for the human side there were power ups like flame thrower, plasma gun, and reinforcement sings

the mission maps were as big as the screen.

that's all i can remember....thanks in advance. (Sorry for my bad english)

This sounds very much like "Alien Syndrome"-was in arcades, too. Top-down scroller, you picked one of 3 characters went after aliens found upgrade weapons.

matenmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 matenmoe

@Acillatem1993 said:

Hey guys, I wonder if any of you can help me find an old game. It was a game I played on the NES when I was a child. It was a 2D shooter sort of game. You were some kind of robot/train looking thing that was shooting some ammo. The game could be compared to megaman I guess, basically you go from left to right jumping and shooting things. It wasnt just straight terain, there was a bit of platforming if I'm not mistaken. Also the game was very colorful with bright colors and the bosses at the end of the stage were huge. Sadly that is pretty much everything I remember about it. Thanks in advance. =)

This sounds a lot like "Iron Tank" too me. Got to blow up enemy power stations/infantry camps, then went onto a boss level where the graphics changed fro the topdown scroll.

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Acillatem1993
Member since 2011 • 1100 Posts

@matenmoe said:
@Acillatem1993 said:

Hey guys, I wonder if any of you can help me find an old game. It was a game I played on the NES when I was a child. It was a 2D shooter sort of game. You were some kind of robot/train looking thing that was shooting some ammo. The game could be compared to megaman I guess, basically you go from left to right jumping and shooting things. It wasnt just straight terain, there was a bit of platforming if I'm not mistaken. Also the game was very colorful with bright colors and the bosses at the end of the stage were huge. Sadly that is pretty much everything I remember about it. Thanks in advance. =)

This sounds a lot like "Iron Tank" too me. Got to blow up enemy power stations/infantry camps, then went onto a boss level where the graphics changed fro the topdown scroll.

It was a sidescroller only.

DIMIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DIMIX

@xantufrog: @xantufrog:

so i used to play a video game, however i can't find it on the internet. it is a while ago so i don't remember everything.

the game features 2protagonists. a fat (it looks a bit like a prisoner), and a skinny (again, a prisoner i think). it is a 2d platformer, and i played it on the pc. now i played it in the 2000's, but i also remember playing wolfenstein 3d on that pc so... im not sure when the game came out. i don't remember a clear goal of the game, but the goal might have been to escape. its pretty pixelated, and gives me a little of a mario feeling. i also don't know if you can play it with 2 people, but that would make sense.

i really need help with this :/

laicro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 laicro

Very Glad there is a forum for finding games.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to find this game.

-Pc game (fantasy war game) Mostly likely Japanese made but English translated

-Mouse based

-You play as one of 4 colours, depending on stage you are a shogun, faerie, or a type of fast food (fries, burger, hotdog, and something else)

-an above view type game like sim city the original

-You start by cutting trees or something and building forts, huts, or fast food chains and those getting surrounded by changing land to your colour

-all bases spawn units that can fuse together and become stronger units depending on health and lose health when not on a base

-had a very decent sound track

I'm uncertain of the year but I'm very sure I played it it back before 2006

If you can find it I would be in your debt thank you.

Valich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Valich
Member since 2016 • 10 Posts

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a game but I can't remember how it's called. So you are pilot of advance plane and you have to protect planet. After each flight you can upgrade your plane if you have enough money. Best weapons was blue double lazier. How I remember, in the end of each mission you have to bit boss. It was 2D graphic with view from top. I played this game on my pc with Windows 98. I played this game approximately between 2002-2008 but game is older

murderfacee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 murderfacee
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts

Okay I want to find this game really bad y'all.

It was a PlayStation one game. Super cheesy game play with 80s style 3D graphics. It was a mission based game level by level. One setting I recall was a beach like futuristic town.

The gamer plays a two legged robot spaceship thing that's not very big. It's like a happy little round not that flys. No personality really I almost wanna say it was a Japanese game?

No other characters to really interact with just one would mission to complete to go onto the next level.

The camera was from behind the robot thing. I wanna say it was a silver robot?

I wish I could remember more.

The year was anywhere from 97-2000 that I played. The game could have been older than that.

I never got past the second level ??

I remember a beach ball and umbrellas like I said super cheesy 80s vibe very bright and happy. Upbeat music quick moving game play. I think the spaceship robot walked around.

Uhh. Yeah.

Thanks again to anyone that can help a bish out ??

sophie0610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sophie0610
Member since 2016 • 3 Posts

Iso a game set around a creepy orphanage from somewhere around 2000 give or take a year or so. You play a little girl from what I can remember and the graphics are sort of similar to baldurs gate..

Tia

emi234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 emi234
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

I am searching for an old game and I am really trying to find the name of it.

I used to play in 2006/2007 on PC.

The game started with space bar and there was an wizard, I think it was dressed in pink\purple. The wizard went in a cave and could had change his appearence into tiger and monkey. I remember a scene with two monkeys going up and down on some ropes and also when the wizard was in its monkey form he could go up and down on ropes too. The tiger could jump, I think. The game was in 2D, really simple design, very old school and I never have seen it since my old coputer crashed. I installed the game from a bought PC magazine and I had lost the CD.

Please, help me to find the game after so many years and sorry for the bad english.

Your sincerely, Emi.

sweetpce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 sweetpce
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@xantufrog: it's a simple 2D game for pc and the only objective is to change all the colors to your own color.

kikuts22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kikuts22
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

I am looking for a game that look very similar to Diablo 2. It most likely came out between 1996 and 2002. I thik you can define it as isometric action RPG

There was red and blue potions. diferent swords and shields to fight, as well as bows and magic to learn from witch. later in game one of most useful spell was magic shield that prevent from taking damage.

Lots of quest to find specially good gear, like pulling unique sword out of stone. lots of enemies to grind. in fact there was multiple portals or spawners that spawn more and more enemy's, untill you seal up those portals. much later in game i found some drugs That permanently raise stats.

Ah you control 3 heroes and they defend themselves automatically. So i use to left them in one of first maps to grind weak monsters and go away for half hour or so, and when i come back, half of screen was filed with loot.

BluesMan74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BluesMan74

Hi guys, recently I started to re-play all the good RTSs games from the 90s, and I had a hard time in trying to remember and finding them, but I found them all.

All but one actually. This is really driving me insane, I`ve been trying to remember this game for a few months now, been looking at so many games that I

ended up finding so many other good games that I had forgot about it.

So here I am asking for help. I dont relly remember much about this game, and that is the problem, but im going to write here what I remember, and with some luck somebody will be able to help :

-I am fairly sure that the game was an RTS, or something very similar to the genre.

-I am talking about a PC game.(unless its older than I think and could be that I have been playing it on Amiga).

-The year that I used to play this game should be somewhere between 1994 and 1999. But could be a little later than that.

-The game in question had a day/night cycle. When the night came all the units switched on some night lights. I am pretty sure that even units on foot used a night light, like a torch,projecting

a cone of light in front of them.

-Maybe the enemies were aliens. Just maybe.

-The game in question is not Dark Colony nor Earth 2150.(they both have a day\night cycle).

This is all I remember about it. Please help me before I lose the last drop of my already disappering sanity. THANK YOU.

dahood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By dahood

Hey, i am looking for a game i played back than early 90s. But the game itselfs is from the 80s.

I dnt know how to describe it. You are a Bunny or Kangaroo and u have to jumb over barrels, or balance on a ball etc. There are about 5 levels i think. The last level is somewhere in a bar where u drink beer and play bowling in combination i think. Between each levels there are something like a map similar to Simcity (the first one). There u r somethigt like a car and needs to catch a helicopter while its landing i think.

I think the first level starts in sewerage. Another level is somehow like a military training where u have to climb over obstacles or crawl below it.

Any ideas? :)

RetrozaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By RetrozaurusRex
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

Hello guys!

My request can be little tricky due i was really little kid, and only few things i remember.

It was 8 bit computer platform (not console) for sure, it was racing game with camera placed above track (like The last V8), there were train tracks with possibility to beeing hit by passing train.

I am 70% sure it was Commodore 64, but can be wrong. It was first video game i saw in my entire life (i didint play it, kid who own a computer was really an asshole)

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

I'm looking for a Star Trek adventure/point-and-click game that has 3D graphics with IIRC, pre-rendered backgrounds. I tried looking but all I got were the 2D ones. I only played a demo version of this particular Star Trek game and in the demo, it's night and we were supposed to fix our craft or something.

benjenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By benjenno

I'm looking to find the name of a game I used to play on floppy disc around the mid 90's.

I was a shoot um game that I seem to remember was a 2d looking down from above.

You could split screen to play with 2 or 4 players using the key board letters to control left,right,up, down etc

The aim was to find the other players and shoot them. But you could collect other guns or maybe bullets that would allow you to shoot through walls or bounce them off walls and other abilities

Anyone have any ideas ?

johnsmith43344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By johnsmith43344

Hi! I used to play this artsy type of game on Windows 98 during elementary school. I clearly remember that there wasn't any storyline involved. All you did was choose a background and stickers then once you were done you pressed a play button. The play button would then make the screen go into full screen mode and you could see the stickers moving and making sounds. I don't know if this detail will help but I distinctly remember one particular background. It was a haunted house theme so the stickers that you could choose were only Halloween types such as witches (who were on brooms so if you put them in the sky they would cackle and zoom around on the brooms) and windows that would light up in an eerie green color accompanied by an almost lightsaber sounding effect. I think there was a moon sticker that had a scary face on it and when the play button was pushed it looked like a regular moon then suddenly it would turn and you would see this scary face. There was also a farm and Wild West background that had stickers that went with those themes. Also, I'm not too sure if this detail will help but I believe this game was apart of a packet of multiple games that had Zeek the Geek and Neko (windows 95 version).

I hope that you guys can help me. Been searching for this game for a long time and haven't been successful

RonClassics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 RonClassics
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

I'm looking for a game that I remember playing at a friend's in 1989. It was a quest type game. Either on PC or Nintendo. The words castlegate come to mind, but I don't think that's quite it.

I remember one scene where you stood in front of three mirrors and had to break through one of them. If you broke through the wrong one, a big dog (or some other monstrous beast) would jump out and kill you.

In another scene you had to burn the carpet with a torch to find a key underneath.

And in a third scene you had to use a scepter on a throne (or something like that) because the clue on the scepter was that "it's fit for a king".

Anyone knows what game this is?

DynamiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DynamiiX

So this game is a very old game (Im talking 2005-2009 Old) because I played it when i was around 7-9 not very sure but its OLD!

It was only a trial of the game (which allowed me to access about 1/4 of the levels, so I'll try explain the most.

The game was a Bird's eye view Zombie Shooting based game. It had like waves of zombies coming, easy zombies were like greyish colour then faster zombies were like reddish colour,,,, whatever i cant really remember .... maybe different levels had differnt colour zombies?

I DO definitely remember that some levels also had mummies and spiders. and that i used to play it with my brother (meaning it allowed 2 player) i dont think there was an option for 3 player tho.

The thing is there were sizes to these npc's. once you kill the big npcs (whether it was a spider a zombie or a mummy whatever) they split into 2 smaller versions of themselves, and greater levels had more of these "big" NPCs.. there also were powerups like nukes and rapid ammo and you had the ability to purchase perks from like a small menu by pressing a button (which i forgot what button it was)

I think ive described this game to the BEST of my ability.... I just CANT FIND IT ANYWHEREEEEEEEE!

Id be EXTREMELY grateful to whoever can help me out on this one!

shirelzam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 shirelzam

I used to play a game in the 90's with an ugly boy that became some kind of a monster and you need to choose options how the story contiue everytime. It gives a few options and you need to choose what you want to happen. Does someone know the name?

Tec0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Tec0017

Hiya, looking for an old game from around the same time as when Apogee was big, these are the details i remember.

-side scrolling space shooter

- storyline is a lone earth pilot flys into space to prevent alien invasion.

-1st level starts with really intense music with giant sphere (green) i think as stage boss

-2nd stage is like a jungle setting w/heavy drum bass soundtrack

If anyone can help, that would be amazing.

VincentVanBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By VincentVanBro

Okay, so this might not even be a games or something, I don't know much about it other than a commercial back on G4 so long ago. I remember it being like two or three pumpkinheaded like creatures walking up to this lady or something next to an RV or something similar, then she shoots and kills one in the head, causing the others to back off. She starts taunting them for being scared but as she's doing that, the camera pans out to show one on top of the RV getting ready to swing a huge scythe down onto her before cutting to black. I'm hoping someone can at least know what I'm talking about whether it's a game or not haha

Sahugani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

#95  Edited By Sahugani
Member since 2016 • 131 Posts

@patoklovatina: Sounds like Mageslayer??? The Ankhs for health sound very familiar

@rogue1115: Could be Might and Magic, possibly Ultima

@ronclassics: Definitely Shadowgate. Great game

@dynamiix: Maybe Crimsonland? Also reminds me of a flash game called Delirium.

I've been looking for years for a 2D sidescroller on PC/DOS circa 1995-2000. The game was drawn like a silhouette, your character is pitch black against a dark background. The first level was a graveyard. The game was fairly pixelly, I think you had a sword, and I think the walking animation was very smooth. Came on a demo disc with Doom, Lemmings, and some other games.

DynamiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DynamiiX

@sahugani: IT WAS CRIMSONLANDDDDDDDDD THANK YOUUUU OMDS

ashbrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ashbrit

Hi! Does anybody know the title of this game? I can't post the screenshot coz I haven't posted for five times yet. This is the link of the article with the picture of the game on it. It's the picture at the very top.

https://travel.gaijinpot.com/8bit-cafe/

AdolfDymsza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By AdolfDymsza

Hi. I'm lookin' for a game from late 80's. It was kind of clone or version of Commando but you could jump into tank, choplifter or boat. There was kind of boss or war machine at the end of the stage.

comof2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 comof2014

I do not like old games, now there is a lot of new. I do not like to improve my account on my own, so I bought it here https://gamestore.live/wot-accounts/

Bugsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Bugsy

hi folks.

I'm trying to identify a game I really enjoyed about 30 years ago on what I think was the Megadrive, but I did have a SNES too.

You had to catch rain in pools you made by rearranging falling pieces of landscape kinda 3D Tetris style.

You were scored on how many pools of what size you had and how little water you lost.

Anybody remember that??

I'm a world-class Googler and I can't find any sign of it! :D