Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56186 Posts

@bugsy said:

hi folks.

I'm trying to identify a game I really enjoyed about 30 years ago on what I think was the Megadrive, but I did have a SNES too.

You had to catch rain in pools you made by rearranging falling pieces of landscape kinda 3D Tetris style.

You were scored on how many pools of what size you had and how little water you lost.

Anybody remember that??

I'm a world-class Googler and I can't find any sign of it! :D

Question. Was this game also on the SNES? If so, I might be able look into it cause SNES is the system I love and played just about every game on the system.

More details would also be nice if you can.

Justinlai45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Justinlai45
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

I used to play this game on PC. You started the game as a money stranded in a island and later in the game you get more monkey friends while surviving on the island. Any ideas?

BossterTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By BossterTV
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

Looking for a game on the Nintendo DS, I vividly recall it being a game about killing monsters/aliens and being almost like pokemon where if you run into the monster/alien you would go into battle. I'm not too sure but I think you wouldn't be able to access a certain part of a map unless you killed all the monsters/aliens, and it would be red barrier to where you couldn't go. The game is like street fighter point of view, and I recall some woman giving you a phone and you waking up to being stuck in the game. The only thing that I can't get out of my head is the soundtrack, there would be a woman with a sweet voice and it sounds almost exactly like the chorus that sing in Pixies - Where is my mind. Please help, this is driving me nuts!

When I first played the game I think it was in 2010. While writing this I just remembered much more, you have some sort of time on your wrist and I think it's a time limit for your life but that's as far as I can remember, oh and you're partnered with a girl I think.

FOUND IT; THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU, THANKS GOOGLE

dvsmtllc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By dvsmtllc
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

Where do I exactly post info about a game I'm looking for m8s?

Schweizeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Schweizeren
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

I played a game on pc back in 2005~

All I remember from it is that you are a hero with a wavy sword, and in the beginning you get frozen by a wizard.

loveoflife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By loveoflife

hello guys

well, i am looking for an old game i have played, but i don't remember a lot about,

it was really nice, when the game started , it was a lot of jewel falling down from the top fulling the screen

and like a pyramid was fulling the screen

i remember that i have to click on some jewels for break them, but don't remember more.

was a reflexion game , but not like the new jewel game style really not like them, it was between 1988 1992

and i think it was on ataris st , because i had the first pc after but i don't remember exactly which computer was

but think on ataris st, not sure on old pc

(i am french so sorry for my spelling)

thank to help me

jeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By jeet
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Hi, I need your help to find an 8 bit game that I played in my childhood. Could you please help?

There was a game which was like a music player or a turntable. In that game, we can play from a list of soundtracks available. Do any of you remember anything like that ?

Here is a picture which is quite similar to that.

https://snowmanne.deviantart.com/art/8-Bit-Turntable-351604768

wsarcinelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 wsarcinelli

I have play a NES game in the 1990’s, it was a dungueon like linear game in 2D, you go through different levels and you could switch between different characters and fighting bosses. One of the characters was like a vampire and each one has different abilities.

AICFan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 AICFan1979
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

@schweizeren: Colossal Adventure?

coviscus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By coviscus
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Anyone play that drug dealing game for PC in the 90’s, which had no graphics, but was just a small window that kept track of transactions and how much money you accumilated, then you’d randomly get busted from time to time and loose a bunch of money. ??

JeffChollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 JeffChollet

Hello every one !

I need your help since i cant remember this game. It was a medieval game where you were able to control human race against creatures (werewolves,etc...).

I was a kid so it was maybe in the period of 1996-2000 (not sure).

The only 2 things i recall are these ones:

1) there was a unit called heron's guard

2) in the 2 last missions: you get to control a king and in the last mission you enter a volcano with your army.

I would be glad if someone could find this game

Already many thanks to you !

Sindroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#112 Sindroid
Member since 2009 • 719 Posts
@murderfacee said:

Okay I want to find this game really bad y'all.

It was a PlayStation one game. Super cheesy game play with 80s style 3D graphics. It was a mission based game level by level. One setting I recall was a beach like futuristic town.

The gamer plays a two legged robot spaceship thing that's not very big. It's like a happy little round not that flys. No personality really I almost wanna say it was a Japanese game?

No other characters to really interact with just one would mission to complete to go onto the next level.

The camera was from behind the robot thing. I wanna say it was a silver robot?

I wish I could remember more.

The year was anywhere from 97-2000 that I played. The game could have been older than that.

I never got past the second level ??

I remember a beach ball and umbrellas like I said super cheesy 80s vibe very bright and happy. Upbeat music quick moving game play. I think the spaceship robot walked around.

Uhh. Yeah.

Thanks again to anyone that can help a bish out ??

Jumping Flash?

CrunchyMix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 CrunchyMix
Member since 2018 • 23 Posts

@wsarcinelli: sounds like Castlevania 3.

Nosdos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Nosdos

HI guys,

I need your help to find a old game I play twelve years ago

I think it is a DOS game that I playes on my pc,

in the game you was fighting on a building and in the process you have the ability to shape shift to an animals.

and also it was a game that you can play 2 players

thank you for your help

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4236 Posts

Hello. I need help finding a strategy game.

It’s a pre 1996 game or older, where you have 2 or 3 teams battling out against each other. It has an isometric view and it was a PC game.

Each team had a specific color. They had soldiers but they also had tanks from what I remember. Each team had its own territory. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

R1m45a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 R1m45a5
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Hi. Do you know the retro game from the 90's? It is kind like "the lemmings", where you have to get out of the room avoiding all kind of traps. You have 4 or 5 wikings ir barbarians and each of them has a special skill. I remember that one of them had a shield to protect the others from enemies or traps, next one was strong guy and could push the objects, I'm not sure but one them had a bow and could shoot. And some others characters.

hsrrrraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 hsrrrraa
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Hi, i'm looking for a PC game i used to play in 2009-2010 (i think the game released a couple years before i played it) and i found it in some online game websites.

What i remembered is, the game is chaptered.

I don't understand the storyline since im still a little back then, but it's sort of visual novel i guess.

When i played this, i became the female main character. I guess she's in a time travelling mission or something, she's examined an abandoned house that was lived by a general (bc there's a picture of him when you entered the house). And after she's done with the house, suddenly she moved to a weird place like in early 80s. She found out the history about the general in the past, and what i remembered is she came to kind of army site or something. Oh, and she's often go inside a water tunnel idk why

There's no such as horror thingy, just the artwork is gloomy and so artistic. Maybe the chapter is about 4-5 chapter, but i can't remember the title pls help me:(

buster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 buster007
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts

Cant remember name of old PC game. Over head top down view. Medieval times. You were a guy with a talking sword. Early, mid 2000's?

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#121 Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

@buster007 Gorasul: The Legacy of the Dragon (JoWood, 2001)?

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/gorasul-legacy-of-the-dragon-review/1900-2830985/

buster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 buster007
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts

@Seiki_sands: oh wow! Thanks dude!

DWalker131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#123 DWalker131
Member since 2010 • 89 Posts

Hey does anyone know what game this is... i think i played it early 2000 (might be an older game though), you play as this chick (i'm not sure if she's a pirate) but you're at sea with a few of your fellow seamen i think they got shipwrecked then they pulled the treasure onto an island, and went to sleep when they woke up, the treasure was gone and the seamen blamed the chick and fought her to the death... after you kill them off you head to town and upgrade your sword armor etc... its a turn base rpg, i remember next to your name theres a bar that slides left and right really quickly.. i think thats how much damage you deal for that turn... thats all i can remember about the game...if anyone can help me find it i'll really appreciate it

Wakko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Wakko101
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

Played this on the Apple IIe. Side scroll, one player helicopter game where you could generate tanks, jeeps that fired anti aircraft missiles, infantry you could airlift and parachute to take over pillboxes.

DWalker131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#125 DWalker131
Member since 2010 • 89 Posts

@coviscus: soz if i'm like 9 months late, but in case you haven't found it, i believe the game your talking about is "dope wars" where its a game about drug dealing without graphics, was just box that kept transactions with what you bought and sold etc

hope that helps

jennifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 jennifi
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

Guys I have searched everywhere for this but cant find it.

The main character is Larf and has blue army and you build his empire while simultaneously killing your one enemy

It was a WINDOWS game

32 - bit

bird eye view/ isocentric

Strategy/Tower defense game

It's more than 10 years since I played this

You have to built barrack, train army, defend your Command HQ while attacking and destroying the enemy who is trying to do the same to you

There are four factions in game

BLUE (led By young guy with cavalry named Larf)

PURPLE

(led by witch and mostly all her soldiers and commanders are witches and healers , all female)

RED (led by an old man with white beard)

GREEN (led by an armored man , basically the most brutal)

The game has 2 modes

Campaign

Training

In campaign mode

In campaign intro (a house is shown where someone is killed or dies, it says it was the death of demon but a new demon was born too)

then the real game starts

So, In campaign, mode , you are given faction Blue under prince Larf and his soldiers and commanders and fight the green bad guys (basically a 1 on 1), killing their soldiers and destroying their barracks and Command HQ

at near end they take larfs mother hostage aka Mother Queen so he avenge them by totally killing them all

After that next arcs starts with faction purple, witches (that is when i stopped playing) , they do the same with their enemies. Here you are given the purple faction of witches

In Training mode, all four factions are present, you choose any, exploit resources, but they wont attack or build barrrack, they are idle. They only fight if you approach them

built barracks, train stronger armies

raid and kill all 3 other factions

while defending your Command HQ

blacksheep37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 blacksheep37
Member since 2020 • 3 Posts

@xantufrog:

• retro PC game I can't find (PLEASE HELP!)

Hello Everyone

There is an old video game that i used to play with my bother when i was younger on PC windows 98 that i can't find. I can't remember the name of the game but I'll give you some clues that might help:

- The game producing company is something moose productions. the theme of the production company is a a skinny moose that is appears to be chewing something and then one of his antlers falls off. the moose later appears on the game where you try to hunt it.

- When you start the game it gives a choice between two languages, one of them is Swedish as I remember. Not sure if that was just the version i had or just the way it is.

- The game is a whole town map where you get to click on different part of the city and get to play different games and score points or earn money I am not sure.

- The game graphics are cartoon like with funny sounds and graphics.

- one part of the city is the opera house. when you click on it, you appear to be in the opera house and you get heckle the terrible opera singer by throwing tomatoes at him.

-Another part of the town is the motel. When you click on it, you get to play musical chairs on the motel bed but with ants instead of people. when your ant loses. it rides into a limo and a voice say "Elvis has left the building" plays.

- Another part of the town is where you get to hunt the moose that appears in the productions company there. It is so hard to hunt him as he seems to bite the bullet everytime you try to shoot him. The only way you get to kill him is by shooting a tank of some sort that blows it up.

-Another part of the town is when you get to wash the car of someone from the town for money. But as soon as the guy leaves and the timer starts counting, All sorts of shenanigans start to happen. Birds start to poop on the car and a brat kid makes it dirty with paint.

- The last part i remember from the town is where you get to protect a sleeping guy from being disturbed. You seem to be a toaster shooting toast bread upwards from anything that falls down from the sky. it gets more difficult with more time.

Anyways that's all the information i have about the game. If anyone knows this game please help. As I am feeling very nostalgic and this would bring back to many pleasant memories.

Kate1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Kate1993
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Hey!
So, I remember this video game from the 90ies, maybe even late 80ies. It's set in space (I think) but if I remember correctly, the background is all black. Basically, you jump in your car form platform to platform. The platforms are cute colors and they just keep coming at you. Unfortunately, that's all I can remember, if anyone has any ideas, hit me :D
Thanks!

VeganTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By VeganTruth
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Looking for info on 2 games:

I can't remember the name of this arcade game - I think it was in the 90s, it was a side-scrolling platformer where you were a knight, walking towards a tower in the first or an early level, and you could take new weapons from enemies you kill I believe. One weapon was a pair of triple-claws, one for each hand or maybe just one for one hand. And various swords, etc. Then when you got to the tower you could start to climb up in it, level by level.

Anyone remember something like that?

The other one is an even older, PC game. You're the captain of a spaceship who is supposed to go from planet to planet mining minerals/ore to bring back to your base or Earth. You can get attacked by pirates and whatnot. VERY old game, late 80s.

Thanks in advance!

AmelieB83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 AmelieB83
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

Hi, I’m looking for the name of a game I used to play on PC in the late 90’s. It was a bit similar in play to Monkey Island in the fact you had to choose how to interact with characters along the way. You were playing as a blond female character who was a wannabe alchemist. You had to collect items to make magic potions. I seem to remember a level where there was a Yeti and also the female character used to like eating spring onions...

macthemikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 macthemikey
Member since 2021 • 2 Posts

Hi all, looking for a REALLY old one here.

I owned an Atari 800XL back in the 80s and, near the end of my time with my Atari, I had come across a 2D adventure game. I remember the graphic schemes more than the game itself: the user plays and Indiana-Jones style character (all white, in Graphics 8 mode) who would traverse 3-platform screens via pits, ladders (?), and of course left-and-right transitions. You could find a machete, a pistol, and in true Raiders fashion, a bullwhip. One of the most vivid memories was a giant red octopus you had to approach from behind to kill (unless you took the time to beat its tentacles from the front).

Anyone remember that one? I'm very interested in seeing it again, if only for the nostalgia. Thanks!

macthemikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By macthemikey
Member since 2021 • 2 Posts

@vegantruth: Just a couple of guesses; forgive me if I'm (probably) way off.

The first one sounds like Castlevania.

The second sounds like Rescue on Fractalus. I'm betting this is wrong, because you don't visit different planets, you fly around one planet trying to rescue miners (I think) that sometimes turned out to be aliens.

Z-Man27564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Z-Man27564
Member since 2022 • 6 Posts

There was this game I used to play where you start out, i think, on a ship, and you find this sword chained to a wall and take it and the sword talks to you during the game. I think it was for PS1, but it could be nes-ps1. It was a rpg.

Maddi798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Maddi798
Member since 2022 • 3 Posts

Hi to everyone! I’m searching for a game I loved, I played it maybe between 2005 and 2007 but I guess it was an old game, I assume it was on Windows. I remember you see from above something like a simple labyrinth, i remember colorful keys ti collect to open doors and bomb to place to make robots explode, they followed always the same path, after they explode you collected something I don’t remember. After passing a level, it talea time, you could play others level more colorful ( the first one was mainly gray the environment) and if you die because your bombs or for a robot or you didn’t open in the right order the doors and finish the keys and cant going on , you return Roma the first one level .. anyone remember ? I can’t be the only one who played it! Thanks for the answers !! Please help it is years since Im looking for the name:)

NiteGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 NiteGamer
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

So it is a mobile (probably only android) offline 3d rpg game I used to play about 10 years ago (on like android 4 or 5).

It has multiple biomes which are square shaped and have cave entrances in the corners.
The first biome is forest themed and there you fight beetles and bears. In the first biome there are 2 caves, in one of them you fight goblins and are trying to rescue a girl from the village and in the other you fight spiders and the spider queen as the boss.
The second biome is desert themed and there you fight snakes and giants.
The third biome is hellish themed with red sky and undead monsters and there you can also encounter lava golems. I also remember that there was a cemetery where you could talk to a ghost to help it find peace, but you had to fight some ghouls that spawned there to get to the ghost.
The fourth biome is winter themed and there you fight ice golems and wolves.
The fifth and last biome is forest themed and there you help the elves make peace with each other. There was a path that split into to two (like T shaped) and on the one side were dark elves and on the other light elves. You also couldn't understand them at the beginning so you had to somehow learn their language (don't remember how).

Each biome had a few quests you needed to complete to move to the next one. You were a male character (at least I was for the entire playthrough, can't remember if you could change your gender). I don't think you could modify your character. Also there were no classes, player used swords and maybe simple magic. Each biome had a village where you could buy a map of the biome and get quests. Also you could buy better swords and armor (and probably potions as well but can't remember exactly). I don't think the game had any prequels or sequels and I couldn't find it on a google play store.

I really hope someone knows the title. :)

leoCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By leoCharlie
Member since 2024 • 3 Posts

@alexhandru:

It sounds like you're describing the game "Total Annihilation: Kingdoms." It features two main factions, one being a nature-based civilization with biological units, and the other a mechanical faction. The camera angle and gameplay are reminiscent of Starcraft. The main menu you mentioned with eyes that open upon hovering fits the description. As for the humorous detail, the robot-like race mimicking the sound of the Protoss scout adds a nostalgic touch.

For more details, you can check https://www.gog.com/en/game/total_annihilation_kingdoms.