Games that need to be made into movies

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"]

For fvck's sake, please watch good movies that are still coming out in good numbers. People just see Transformers, Battleship, and sh*ts like that and think the ENTIRE goddamn movie industry is out of creativity. Far from the truth. It's like looking at Call of Duty only and lamenting there are no games that aren't FPS or modern military shooter.

Liquid_

I'd much rather watch a movie with solid snake or kratos than a bunch of oversized toys transform into racecars

WTF? Can't you understand English?
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]I think Deus Ex COULD work, assuming just the setting is used and not the stories nor characters. And despite already having two bad films under its best, there's potential in Silent Hill as well.RageQuitter69

Yeah I agree with you.

Most of the stuff people want to see turned into film has already been done better. Hitman has like no character nor does he offer anything unique in film. Game terms it's great, but his translation to screen means we don't get the gameplay of Hitman so it loses whats special about it.

Deus Ex is about choice, I don't see how it could work as a movie.

Look at what drink said though. If we take just the setting and the context of the world but not the actual stories and characters it could work

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Liquid_"]

All preference at this point. Transformers is on the same level as hot wheels, so whatever floats your boat

lordlors

I'm going to assume this is bad troll bait, because even an ape would have put together no one takes Transfomers seriously as a film. But then again you're implying Metal Gear Solid or God of War as some fantastic works of videogame stories is laughable to. Because even by the peasant standards of videogames those franchises still wouldn't exactly have good stories.

guys have you played Dreamfall: The Longest Journey delving into faith involving compelling two worlds? Radiant Historia with its time traveling story being better than others? Ghost Trick with its constant mystery and humor along the way with a ghost plot very unique? 999 and Virtue's Last Escape delving into morphogenetic fields and human primitive instincts? The Witcher delving into politics and discrimination? Silent Hill and Hitman had potential but the movies while quite average didn't do any justice. The point is there are games that actually have great stories that matches hollywood and they aren't really that few. You have to go outside mainstream. I'm pretty sure you haven't heard and played Radiant Historia, 999, Virtue's Last Reward, and Ghost Trick.

Ghost Tricks creative nature and Witchers morality system doesn't negate how inconsistent the writing in those games can be, and how much better done those types of stories have been done in films, literature, and television.

The same way you're saying not to judge games on "mainstream" is exactly what you all need to be doing with films. Because a lot of the elements you're bringing up have either been done better in other mediums, or in more specific cases have been borrowed from other mediums.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

Well...Uncharted, Metal gear Solid , God Of War and Assassins Creed are already in development.

I think Assassins Creed, God Of War and Uncharted are not going to bring a headache for the writers and directors since they all have basic structure and lore behind them, only MGS gonna kill most teams cuz the story is huge, complicated, over the top, convulted for most and difficult to wrap it in a movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Well...Uncharted, Metal gear Solid , God Of War and Assassins Creed are already in development.

I think Assassins Creed, God Of War and Uncharted are not going to bring a headache for the writers and directors since they all have basic structure and lore behind them, only MGS gonna kill most teams cuz the story is huge, complicated, over the top, convulted for most and difficult to wrap it in a movie.

HAZE-Unit

I thinnk UC is going to suck as a film. It's main attraction was bringing a movie experience to games. If it's an ACTUAL FILM the comparisions to other films wouldn't be good.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

OB-47

I thinnk UC is going to suck as a film. It's main attraction was bringing a movie experience to games. If it's an ACTUAL FILM the comparisions to other films wouldn't be good.

I dont have high expectations for Uncharted for the same reasons but we don't know, everything could happen, the idea is so hollywood friendly it can't possibly fail and if someone like Peter Jackson doing it, the movie would be excellent, something in the same level of King Kong chase scenes/action and as big as production would be incredible.

something like the first Mummy movies, Pirates, Tomb Raider...etc would be so much fun too.

EDIT: What Im really worried about is the other three, they are so dear to me I don't want to see anything less than spectacular about them.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 jg4xchamp
If Nathan Fillion is in the Uncharted movie. I would watch no matter how sh1tty.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 HAZE-Unit

^^ oh plz noo, he's amazing but he can't possibly be drake, if he really wants, he should start working out 4 hours a day, uncharted needs a monkey.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

[QUOTE="Liquid_"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"]

For fvck's sake, please watch good movies that are still coming out in good numbers. People just see Transformers, Battleship, and sh*ts like that and think the ENTIRE goddamn movie industry is out of creativity. Far from the truth. It's like looking at Call of Duty only and lamenting there are no games that aren't FPS or modern military shooter.

funsohng

I'd much rather watch a movie with solid snake or kratos than a bunch of oversized toys transform into racecars

WTF? Can't you understand English?

Sad part is, most people think that transformers is part of the good industry

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"][QUOTE="Liquid_"]

Script =/= quality

Welcome to mainstream America

Liquid_

It's hard to tell a quality story without a quality script...

I was trolling

thisiswhattrollswantyoutobelieve.jpg

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Liquid_

[QUOTE="Liquid_"]

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"] It's hard to tell a quality story without a quality script...PannicAtack

I was trolling

thisiswhattrollswantyoutobelieve.jpg

What a thrilling response

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

If Nathan Fillion is in the Uncharted movie. I would watch no matter how sh1tty. jg4xchamp

If he works out and does some serious Christian Bale shiet then sure.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]If Nathan Fillion is in the Uncharted movie. I would watch no matter how sh1tty. OB-47

It's a shame because he'd be great in that role, I'd actually watch it if he's in it.
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

A Legend of Zelda movie would be cool, with Robin Williams as a sage or spirit guide, but I think disney would have to do it in order for it to be good, or Peter Jackson.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#115 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
The Witcher 2. I know that there's already witcher movies/tv shows, but still...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]If Nathan Fillion is in the Uncharted movie. I would watch no matter how sh1tty. soulitane

It's a shame because he'd be great in that role, I'd actually watch it if he's in it.

For sure. There isn't a better actor for Drake. Heck, he even sounds like him sometimes

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#117 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

The Witcher 2. I know that there's already witcher movies/tv shows, but still...ShadowsDemon

The choice system of the Witcher games would be rather difficult to put into a movie. I think what could work as a movie maybe could be a linerally structured game with a good story of course or a setting and context that we could use for an adaption of the game. Problem is though I don't really know a good game that can do that for a movie.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#118 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

none they get ruined half the time only good movie was super mario bros ,

and mortal kombat ,

others have came out-re tombraider and just suck

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]The Witcher 2. I know that there's already witcher movies/tv shows, but still...Goyoshi12

The choice system of the Witcher games would be rather difficult to put into a movie. I think what could work as a movie maybe could be a linerally structured game with a good story of course or a setting and context that we could use for an adaption of the game. Problem is though I don't really know a good game that can do that for a movie.

Well, the writer of the Witcher books, said that he's not going to ever make an adaption of his works to games, and he doesn't even consider the games to be part of his franchise, oddly enough. So I'd imagine it would be difficult to get a story then...
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#120 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

I dont have high expectations for Uncharted for the same reasons but we don't know, everything could happen, the idea is so hollywood friendly it can't possibly fail and if someone like Peter Jackson doing it, the movie would be excellent, something in the same level of King Kong chase scenes/action and as big as production would be incredible.

something like the first Mummy movies, Pirates, Tomb Raider...etc would be so much fun too.

EDIT: What Im really worried about is the other three, they are so dear to me I don't want to see anything less than spectacular about them.

HAZE-Unit

nmdit2.png

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ShadowsDemon
^^ It wasn't a bad movie, though. Slow, but not bad.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 FrozenLiquid

A Legend of Zelda movie would be cool, with Robin Williams as a sage or spirit guide, but I think disney would have to do it in order for it to be good, or Peter Jackson.

Sphensen
Why is everybody d*ck riding Peter Jackson. His only claim to fame is the Lord of the Rings trilogy. There are many other directors out there that have a more acclaimed filmography. This is coming from a New Zealander.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#123 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

^^ It wasn't a bad movie, though. Slow, but not bad.ShadowsDemon

Quite you, your opinions don't matter here.

Only numbers and fanboys.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 FrozenLiquid
^^ It wasn't a bad movie, though. Slow, but not bad.ShadowsDemon
Sorry, it was terrible. Maybe it's to do with the actual novel's own insipidity, but Jackson's script and movie just made it even worse. Rumor has it that he got jealous of the CGI that Weta was doing for Avatar, and his once small budget feature film grew into a special effects jerk off.
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

[QUOTE="Sphensen"]

FrozenLiquid

Why is everybody d*ck riding Peter Jackson. His only claim to fame is the Lord of the Rings trilogy. There are many other directors out there that have a more acclaimed filmography. This is coming from a New Zealander.

maybe cause Zelda needs to be epic like Lord of the Rings, He also did King Kong but ish was lameee

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]^^ It wasn't a bad movie, though. Slow, but not bad.FrozenLiquid
Sorry, it was terrible. Maybe it's to do with the actual novel's own insipidity, but Jackson's script and movie just made it even worse. Rumor has it that he got jealous of the CGI that Weta was doing for Avatar, and his once small budget feature film grew into a special effects jerk off.

I didn't think it was that bad. Then again it was a while since I saw it.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="Sphensen"]

Sphensen

maybe cause Zelda needs to be epic like Lord of the Rings, He also did King Kong but ish was lameee

Still don't see a lot of film potential. Guy goes trudging through dungeons looking for macguffins.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Dues Ex HR would be perfect.

jimmyrussle117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 jimmyrussle117
Member since 2012 • 850 Posts

Why hasn't anyone said thief?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#130 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]^^ It wasn't a bad movie, though. Slow, but not bad.FrozenLiquid

That doesn't make sense. Why would he be jealous of a studio he's collaborated with so many times?

And call me crazy, but didn't ILM do Avatar?

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#131 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

None, because I'm qorried that the movie would suck since movies based on games tend to suck.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]^^ It wasn't a bad movie, though. Slow, but not bad.DarkLink77

That doesn't make sense. Why would he be jealous of a studio he's collaborated with so many times?

Coz The Lovely Bones was originally going to be a "small" movie, heavily drama based, and not that far-fetched in terms of visual effects. After three LotR films, and King Kong, Peter Jackson said he just wanted to go back to smaller movies. However, when Weta signed onto become lead visual development studio on Avatar, Jackson, being the visual effects fanboy he is, thought he'd like some of dat new tech himself. Cue major fantasy filled Heaven/Limbo scenes and a rather unnecessary CGI'd death in the final moments on the movie.

ILM did help out on Avatar towards the end. There's usually several visual effects studios that help out on major films.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Liquid_

None, because I'm qorried that the movie would suck since movies based on games tend to suck.

DJ-Lafleur

Worst case scenario: The movie sucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]^^ It wasn't a bad movie, though. Slow, but not bad.DarkLink77

You're wrong it's Weta.

We live in NZ. They like to beat our heads with every single achievement all the time haha.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"] Sorry, it was terrible. Maybe it's to do with the actual novel's own insipidity, but Jackson's script and movie just made it even worse. Rumor has it that he got jealous of the CGI that Weta was doing for Avatar, and his once small budget feature film grew into a special effects jerk off.OB-47

You're wrong it's Weta.

We live in NZ. They like to beat our heads with every single achievement all the time haha.

Even the random movies no one cares about: "Special Effects by Weta". They don't tell you it's the B team though :lol:
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"] Sorry, it was terrible. Maybe it's to do with the actual novel's own insipidity, but Jackson's script and movie just made it even worse. Rumor has it that he got jealous of the CGI that Weta was doing for Avatar, and his once small budget feature film grew into a special effects jerk off.FrozenLiquid

Coz The Lovely Bones was originally going to be a "small" movie, heavily drama based, and not that far-fetched in terms of visual effects. After three LotR films, and King Kong, Peter Jackson said he just wanted to go back to smaller movies. However, when Weta signed onto become lead visual development studio on Avatar, Jackson, being the visual effects fanboy he is, thought he'd like some of dat new tech himself. Cue major fantasy filled Heaven/Limbo scenes and a rather unnecessary CGI'd death in the final moments on the movie. ILM did help out on Avatar towards the end. There's usually several visual effects studios that help out on major films.

Yeah, well, Peter Jackson. He's a mediocre director who doesn't know when to cut his films down that happened to luck into Lord of the Rings. Everyone praises him as some kind of visionary, but let's be real here: he's not a great director. And if we want to compare him to other directors known for use of special effects... James Cameron walks all over him. Yeah, I looked it up after I posted that. :P It's not surprising. Avatar was ridiculous. But ILM is a better visual effects studio, in my opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] That doesn't make sense. Why would he be jealous of a studio he's collaborated with so many times?

FrozenLiquid

You're wrong it's Weta.

Even the random movies no one cares about: "Special Effects by Weta". They don't tell you it's the B team though :lol:

They always leave out the details that are unfavourable.

Seriously, some of the sh!t that makes it onto the news is fvcking hilarious.

"Local boy excels at exams without studying"

Congra-fvckng-lations man.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

For sure. There isn't a better actor for Drake. Heck, he even sounds like him sometimes

....that's because Nathan drake is a poor man's Nathan Fillion -_-
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#139 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

None. Games have awful stories.

goblaa

Agreed video game movies suck, the best one I saw recently was PoP and that was just a decent movie.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Forward Unto Dawn makes me want a proper Halo movie (without Master Chief, though that may be an impossibility.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="soulitane"] It's a shame because he'd be great in that role, I'd actually watch it if he's in it.jg4xchamp

....that's because Nathan drake is a poor man's Nathan Fillion -_-

I know dis mayn I know dis.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 FrozenLiquid
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Yeah, well, Peter Jackson. He's a mediocre director who doesn't know when to cut his films down that happened to luck into Lord of the Rings. Everyone praises him as some kind of visionary, but let's be real here: he's not a great director. And if we want to compare him to other directors known for use of special effects... James Cameron walks all over him. Yeah, I looked it up after I posted that. :P It's not surprising. Avatar was ridiculous. But ILM is a better visual effects studio, in my opinion.

Glad to know someone else thinks he lucked out on LotR. He's not even our best director. I suppose we can't claim Andrew Dominik (Assassination of Jesse James, Killing them Softly), but Andrew Niccol (Gattaca, Truman Show, Lord of War..... In Time *shudder*), Martin Campbell (Casino Royale, Goldeneye, The Zorro movies), and Roger Donaldson (World's Fastest Indian, The Recruit, Thirteen Days) just have way more interesting films on their resumé. Also agreed that ILM is still king of visual effects, ironically due to George Lucas' insistence that everything be done digitally :P Can't stop laughing at that Ewan McGregor interview.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

I loved Gattacca. In Time was a neat concept I think but it had too many flaws to be great.

Also so many people forget a Kiwi made Casino Royale

Also I lost it at "Look at the moons"^

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 jg4xchamp
You know what you guys don't make? Good TV. Gotta get on that B. Gotta get on that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

You know what you guys don't make? Good TV. Gotta get on that B. Gotta get on that. jg4xchamp

This is so fvcking true. I swear they play Shortland Street to prisoners in Iraq or something. It's so painfully bad.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 jg4xchamp
The f*cking name sounds terrible.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

HAZE-Unit

Uncharted had already been out yo!

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 FrozenLiquid
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]You know what you guys don't make? Good TV. Gotta get on that B. Gotta get on that.

Not gonna lie, we don't, but you've probably seen a U.S remake of our TV shows. Scoundrels is the one that made the biggest money for us.... for shame. Was thinking of breaking into TV here because of the lack of good stuff.... or the lack of anything even. There's a total off three drama shows currently airing in NZ lmfao. Btw just watched the "Nightmare" episode of Supernatural. The one with the kid with telekinetic powers. No doubt they're gonna use the Sam TK subplot soon.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 FrozenLiquid

I loved Gattacca. In Time was a neat concept I think but it had too many flaws to be great.

Also so many people forget a Kiwi made Casino Royale

Also I lost it at "Look at the moons"^

OB-47
Man I work on the new Star Wars movies just to experience the hilarity of it all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Frozen please save our TV or I am leaving this place.