Games that need to be made into movies

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#151 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Only if you save our music broski.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#152 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]You know what you guys don't make? Good TV. Gotta get on that B. Gotta get on that.

Not gonna lie, we don't, but you've probably seen a U.S remake of our TV shows. Scoundrels is the one that made the biggest money for us.... for shame. Was thinking of breaking into TV here because of the lack of good stuff.... or the lack of anything even. There's a total off three drama shows currently airing in NZ lmfao. Btw just watched the "Nightmare" episode of Supernatural. The one with the kid with telekinetic powers. No doubt they're gonna use the Sam TK subplot soon.

They keep his powers stuff in check for a little while, it's more of a thing in season 2. Providence, Dead Man's Blood, Salvation, and Devil's Trap are all good stuff. And after that the season 2 premiere. In My Time of Dying is such an awesome episode.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

At least they are starting to put good shows on our main channels. Might raise the standard. Homeland was pretty good, though it's dragging on a bit too much now

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 jg4xchamp

At least they are starting to put good shows on our main channels. Might raise the standard. Homeland was pretty good, though it's dragging on a bit too much now

OB-47

The current season? It's transitional stuff. It's a 12 episode season, and they got a lot of the major points out of the way fairly quickly(the kind of stuff most middle of the pack shows would save for a finale). We're kind of quickly entering that territory where the initial premise of the show isn't exactly what it is anymore so now the story has to take it to another level or a more compelling direction. So far it's been mostly set up(albeit some what sloppy), and standard character stuff. But we'll see.

They kicked some serious ass with their finale stuff last year, and the first 5 episodes of this season were f*cking Ace.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 FrozenLiquid

OB-47
Nah that's all American shows though. It'll just mean the NZ shows will die. To be honest, I don't care coz I don't support sticking up for local TV if it's crap anyway. Let it die until someone picks up the slack. Yo apart from all that electronic music can you do other stuff? What other styIes can you do?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 jg4xchamp
Wasn't Spartacus New Zealand? or was it just shot there?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

FrozenLiquid

Nah that's all American shows though. It'll just mean the NZ shows will die. To be honest, I don't care coz I don't support sticking up for local TV if it's crap anyway. Let it die until someone picks up the slack. Yo apart from all that electronic music can you do other stuff? What other styIes can you do?

Trying to do ambient, and I also do sample based hip-hop beats like this

Keeping it kinda open as I switch quite often. Sometimes combine

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#158 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

uncharted

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 FrozenLiquid
Wasn't Spartacus New Zealand? or was it just shot there?jg4xchamp
Just shot here. Most of the producers are American. We're like the slaves of the Hollywood industry. Apparently that's 'success' lol.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

Horry crap dude we totally need you on our music production team lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"] Nah that's all American shows though. It'll just mean the NZ shows will die. To be honest, I don't care coz I don't support sticking up for local TV if it's crap anyway. Let it die until someone picks up the slack. Yo apart from all that electronic music can you do other stuff? What other styIes can you do?FrozenLiquid

Oh that's not mine btw.

Damn you thought I made that.

I make similair stuff. I wish I was that good!

Shrabsters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Shrabsters
Member since 2010 • 139 Posts
Absolutely none.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

Oh that's not mine btw.

Damn you thought I made that.

I make similair stuff. I wish I was that good!

No I know you didn't make that, but as long as that's the vibe you're going for, hells yeah. Trust all these wannabe producers are making stuff like this. Apparently that's hip hop lol. Oh man, Jennifer Lopez can still get it after all these years. Champ knows what's up.
DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Movies and games just don't go hand to hand unless the game originated from movies or shows.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Whats with the naysayers? Sure alot of games wouldnt work, but with some basic retooling a video game movie is possible. For example, Red Dead Redemption would make an amazing western, could do a two part maybe, I would love that! Would be ton better than true grit, thats for sure, got let down by that movie. MGS 3 would work as a stand alone; a great cold war espionage movie with Kojima flair. Of course some great game stories wouldnt work, like Bioshock. I would love to see it on the big screen, but how do you get around a hero that never talks (discounting the interlude) there is no one he communicates with ( not incluing radio contat and breif twist and encouters) and shoots everyone else. Black Ops would make another great Cold War thriller I would love to watch (would have to rework the opening chapeters after vorkuta abit, maybe just take out ..Operation 40 i think its called, the one with the espioange of the russian space program.

It all depends, I fimly believe if we ever get some that can actually write a story it'll be fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
LEGEND OF ZELDA
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#167 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

Yeah I agree with you.

Most of the stuff people want to see turned into film has already been done better. Hitman has like no character nor does he offer anything unique in film. Game terms it's great, but his translation to screen means we don't get the gameplay of Hitman so it loses whats special about it.

OB-47

Deus Ex is about choice, I don't see how it could work as a movie.

Look at what drink said though. If we take just the setting and the context of the world but not the actual stories and characters it could work

My mistake, then it would work, Deus Ex Human Revolution has the best representation of the futuristic world.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
As a re-telling of one medium's content transplanted into the other? No? As a stand-alone entity that stems from the original idea but is fully realized within frames of a given medium? Yes. However, very unlikely.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#169 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

crash bandicoot:cool:

bufu21
your sig is freaking awesome